Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Runway de Waratte' Ends in Four Chapters

New
Jun 16, 2021 8:58 AM

Mar 2017
Kotoba Inoya's Runway de Waratte (Smile Down the Runway) manga will conclude in four chapters, according to a post on its official Twitter account on Wednesday.

Inoya began serializing the fashion-themed manga in Weekly Shounen Magazine in March 2017. Kodansha published the 21st volume on May 17, with the 22nd and final volume shipping on August 17. Runway de Waratte has a cumulative 3 million copies of its volumes in print.

Ezόla adapted the manga into a 12-episode television anime that aired during the Winter 2020 season. Funimation simulcast the show and subsequently streamed it with an English dub.

Kodansha Manga has published the series digitally in English since September 2019. The 19th volume will be released on July 6.

Synopsis
Chiyuki Fujito is an aspiring model whose dream is to take part in Paris Fashion Week; however, she lacks the proper height to even be considered for the simplest of modeling gigs. Similarly, Ikuto Tsumura is a poor high school student who wants to design clothes, but he has instead decided to skip college and head straight into the workforce to support his family.

When the two cross paths, they come to the conclusion that no matter how difficult it may seem, they will do what they can to achieve their goals and prove that one's circumstances do not determine their course in life. And so begin both of their journeys, destined to meet again on the runway. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Official Twitter
ImperfectBlueJun 16, 2021 8:59 AM
Jun 16, 2021 9:25 AM

Apr 2012
Eh, I will regret it. I don't know how much the studio itself was responsible for this, but a rare title about the fashion world can be so shonen-ish
Jun 16, 2021 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
It's been a great ride with this manga and as all great things must come to and end the time for us to say goodbye to this amazing manga has come.
Jun 16, 2021 10:52 AM

Aug 2009
Question for those that are following this series.

Is it getting axed or is it reaching its end properly? I really liked the anime, but if the manga ends up having a bs rushed ending I would rathe rnot read it.
Jun 16, 2021 10:56 AM

Jun 2013
ssjokg said:

Is it getting axed or is it reaching its end properly? I really liked the anime, but if the manga ends up having a bs rushed ending I would rathe rnot read it.

I don't follow the manga, so can't be sure, but the way the tweet is phrased, it sounds more like a proper ending.
Jun 16, 2021 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
Hopefully, after the manga ends, we'll get a second season of the anime.

Jun 16, 2021 2:18 PM

Feb 2020
I really loved the anime. wish there was a season 2
I will go and read the manga once it ends
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 17, 2021 6:34 AM
Dec 2013
Seiya said:

This fundamentally goes against why most anime gets made. Unless it's some sort of pet project they're probably not going to be interested in promoting a series that's a dead end.
Jun 17, 2021 6:42 AM

Jun 2014
stone616 said:
Seiya said:

This fundamentally goes against why most anime gets made. Unless it's some sort of pet project they're probably not going to be interested in promoting a series that's a dead end.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, nor do I care.

Jun 17, 2021 1:19 PM
Dec 2013
Seiya said:
stone616 said:

You're asking for a second season so you clearly care.

This was a 12 episode commercial for a manga and more than likely that's all it ever was planned to be. They're unlikely to produce more of it to promote a product that's ended when they can make different anime promoting source material that's still ongoing.
Jun 17, 2021 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
stone616 said:
Seiya said:

This was a 12 episode commercial for a manga and more than likely that's all it ever was planned to be. They're unlikely to produce more of it to promote a product that's ended when they can make different anime promoting source material that's still ongoing.

Loads of older, long completed manga have received anime adaptations.

Jun 17, 2021 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
Seiya said:
stone616 said:

Depends if it's popular or not.
This manga is clearly not.
Jun 17, 2021 7:16 PM

Jun 2014
Xaelath said:
Seiya said:

But yet, garbage like "Banana Fish" gets an anime nearly 25 years after it ends.

The world ain't fair.

Jun 18, 2021 7:54 AM

Aug 2014
Seiya said:
Xaelath said:

But yet, garbage like "Banana Fish" gets an anime nearly 25 years after it ends.

The world ain't fair.

Are you going to wait 25 years?

Also it kind of falls on the licensors as well as the one who publishing the manga.

At this point I do betting for remakes instead of second season which is like in a decade or so.
Jun 19, 2021 12:46 AM
Feb 2019
ssjokg said:

I guess you could say it's 'axed with early notice' because the MCs haven't reached their goal yet if this is about to end this soon

Dragevard said:
Planning to start the manga. Is there romance b/w the two MC?

the romance has never got explicitly explored but there are subtle hints here and there
Jun 22, 2021 11:48 AM

May 2020
Wow. I haven't been keeping up with this manga for more than 10 weeks and now I just found out that it's ending... :(

I guess I better catch up to the most recent chapter now.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 3 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
11 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
6 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.