Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2021 11:48 PM
Mar 2021
When will this manga be adapted? I really want it to can’t wait to see Artemis get animated. Also Aries Shion, Libra Dohko, Virgo Shijima, Pisces Cardinale, Taurus Ox, and all other canon gold saints of the 18th century.
Jul 12, 2021 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
literally_boba said:
When will this manga be adapted? I really want it to can’t wait to see Artemis get animated. Also Aries Shion, Libra Dohko, Virgo Shijima, Pisces Cardinale, Taurus Ox, and all other canon gold saints of the 18th century.

The anime hasn't been announced yet and I don't think it will be announced in the nearest future.

Personally, after seeing what happened with Saintia Shou anime adaptation, I would prefer to not see any Saint Seiya anime in the next years, lol.

As for ND alone, I think if it ever gets an anime adaptation, it might be when the manga enters its climax.
Jul 15, 2021 6:39 AM

Feb 2014
Adnash said:
literally_boba said:

The anime hasn't been announced yet and I don't think it will be announced in the nearest future.

Personally, after seeing what happened with Saintia Shou anime adaptation, I would prefer to not see any Saint Seiya anime in the next years, lol.

As for ND alone, I think if it ever gets an anime adaptation, it might be when the manga enters its climax.

What's the issue with Saintia Shou? I was never interested in it so I have no idea.
Jul 17, 2021 4:00 PM

Oct 2013
curvedtree said:
What's the issue with Saintia Shou? I was never interested in it so I have no idea.

Anime adaptation of Saintia Shou is disasterous, to put it simple. Why? Here are some reasons that come to my mind:
- the source material was adapted poorly and many things were omitted; - its animation was really bad and sometimes resembled more a slideshow than actual anime;
- its artstyle was a poor attempt to imitate Shingo Araki's style, known from the original anime series. Characters also suffered from being poorly drawn. There were a lot of body disproportions, like (which was the most common issue) too big heads of main characters.

Only positive things I can think of while thinking about Saintia Shou anime are: opening theme, soundtrack in general, and some still shots of characters that actually looked good and detailed (as long as there was not much movement, that is).

If you want to start your adventure with Saintia Shou, then I highly recommend picking up the manga. It's really good with awesome story and beautiful art.
Jul 17, 2021 7:43 PM

Feb 2014
Adnash said:
curvedtree said:

Anime adaptation of Saintia Shou is disasterous, to put it simple. Why? Here are some reasons that come to my mind:
- the source material was adapted poorly and many things were omitted; - its animation was really bad and sometimes resembled more a slideshow than actual anime;
- its artstyle was a poor attempt to imitate Shingo Araki's style, known from the original anime series. Characters also suffered from being poorly drawn. There were a lot of body disproportions, like (which was the most common issue) too big heads of main characters.

Only positive things I can think of while thinking about Saintia Shou anime are: opening theme, soundtrack in general, and some still shots of characters that actually looked good and detailed (as long as there was not much movement, that is).

If you want to start your adventure with Saintia Shou, then I highly recommend picking up the manga. It's really good with awesome story and beautiful art.

Thanks, to be honest I wanted to read Episode G and I've been stalling it for sometime now. I had a blast with Lost Canvas, specially the gaidens which were so creative imo, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to read more of that.

BTW I did a quick reading of a synopsis, do they give a specific reason for their Amazons not wearing a mask? Or is it the same reason as in Omega when Yuna says she doesn't wear it because she doesn't want to, or something?
Feb 23, 2022 12:41 AM

Oct 2013
I'm so, so sorry that I'm replying after several months. I swear I saw your post shortly after you wrote it, but I forgot that I didn't reply to it... :(

curvedtree said:
BTW I did a quick reading of a synopsis, do they give a specific reason for their Amazons not wearing a mask? Or is it the same reason as in Omega when Yuna says she doesn't wear it because she doesn't want to, or something?

Artemis' Satellites (that's how her forces are called like, by the way) don't need to wear masks, because they serve under Artemis, not Athena; therefore rules applying to Saints of Athena have no effect on them.

Female Saints of Athena, excluding Saintias (serving directly under the goddess), had to wear masks to "cast aside their womanhood" in order to be able to fight alongside male Saints.

Artemis' Satellites didn't have to wear those masks also because all Satellites' were females, proud to serve as female servants under their goddess, Artemis. That's why there was no need to hide or cast away their womanhood, as in Athena's Saints' case. They were proud of the fact they were female warriors.
Feb 23, 2022 2:10 AM

Feb 2014
Adnash said:
I'm so, so sorry that I'm replying after several months. I swear I saw your post shortly after you wrote it, but I forgot that I didn't reply to it... :(

curvedtree said:

Artemis' Satellites (that's how her forces are called like, by the way) don't need to wear masks, because they serve under Artemis, not Athena; therefore rules applying to Saints of Athena have no effect on them.

Female Saints of Athena, excluding Saintias (serving directly under the goddess), had to wear masks to "cast aside their womanhood" in order to be able to fight alongside male Saints.

Artemis' Satellites didn't have to wear those masks also because all Satellites' were females, proud to serve as female servants under their goddess, Artemis. That's why there was no need to hide or cast away their womanhood, as in Athena's Saints' case. They were proud of the fact they were female warriors.

Thanks for replying!
Sep 16, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
some portuguese, spanish channels are all talking about next dimensions anime that it's confirmed, but we still don't know if it will we in 2d or 3d.
Idk if it's true or not tho

+new manga is coming, called Saint Seiya: RERISE OF POSEIDON, author is unknown.
I think one shot is out now can't find it tho
BrawlerJoeSep 16, 2022 7:00 AM
Sep 17, 2022 10:40 PM

Oct 2013
BrawlerJoe said:
some portuguese, spanish channels are all talking about next dimensions anime that it's confirmed, but we still don't know if it will we in 2d or 3d.
Idk if it's true or not tho

I don't speak Portuguese or Spanish, but I also heard rumors about how the next 2D anime project that was hinted some time ago might be, in fact, Next Dimension anime. I don't remember seeing anything that would imply confirmation or possibility of having 3D anime, though. What I read about were either rumors or fanmade theories on what might be the next Saint Seiya anime.

BrawlerJoe said:
+new manga is coming, called Saint Seiya: RERISE OF POSEIDON, author is unknown.

No no, we know the author. This spin-off's author is Tsunaki Suda.

While I'm not a huge fan of Poseidon as a character from Saint Seiya, I saw few images from this manga and I love how Tsunaki Suda's art style resembles Masami Kurumada's.

BrawlerJoe said:
I think one shot is out now can't find it tho

Yeah, I haven't read it myself, but I know its serialization started on 16th September in Champion RED magazine.

You can read some more informations about it on https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-08-23/saint-seiya-gets-new-manga-spinoff-about-poseidon/.188904 , if you want.
AdnashSep 17, 2022 10:43 PM

More topics from this board

» Final chapters might be released late 2023 or even 2024

curvedtree - Jul 7, 2023

7 by Adnash »»
Jan 22, 4:02 PM

» Possible teaser image of the upcoming Next Dimension's sequel

Adnash - Aug 7, 2023

2 by curvedtree »»
Aug 13, 2023 5:57 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 110 Discussion

curvedtree - Jun 7, 2023

5 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jun 24, 2023 5:50 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 109 Discussion

curvedtree - May 31, 2023

7 by silversaint »»
Jun 1, 2023 1:10 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 108 Discussion

curvedtree - May 24, 2023

5 by Adnash »»
Jun 1, 2023 6:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.