Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 13, 2021 12:00 AM
Oct 2020
I've completed watching YLIA recently after seeing so many people talking about how they cried like a little bitch, How tragic it is and how they were depressed after watching it.but in my case it didn't, the pacing is so damn slow, There are some great moments with lot of emotions but man it was hard getting through this anime without being bored. If my opinion hurts any other YLIA fan then I'm sorry man but its just how I felt about it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 13, 2021 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
You are not alone my friend. I also found it to be crap.

@FatmanNotBatman it wasn't meant to piss off people. Maybe only some people like you find it to be offensive.

removed-userJun 14, 2021 11:47 AM
Jun 13, 2021 12:14 AM
May 2020
You are not alone I've same thought as you too
Jun 13, 2021 12:21 AM
Oct 2020
Bruh people I know why u didn't liked it if u had binged watched it u would have liked it ... At first I took 1 week to watch it cuz I thought it was boring then my friend forced to binge watch it again and surprisingly I cried hell and scored it 10
Jun 13, 2021 12:23 AM
Apr 2021
Same here! You're not alone.
Jun 13, 2021 12:26 AM
Nov 2020
I loved it but a piano performance taking an episode and a half is a bit much
Jun 13, 2021 12:30 AM
Feb 2021
Have been planning to watch this but this is the first time i've seen someone getting bored due to the pacing, like is it that bad? If i may ask keeping the pacing aside how much would vote it out of 10?
Jun 13, 2021 12:35 AM

Jun 2016
If you take the first and last episodes out you are left with a very uninteresting show which is why I dropped it on episode 11 and didn't continue it for more than a year.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 13, 2021 12:39 AM
Feb 2021
I've watched many romances and this one is very overrated indeed.
Jun 13, 2021 12:47 AM

Jan 2021
you're certainly not alone, but I thought the show was a solid 9/10. it may be a personal thing cause this was the show that got me into the slice of life/drama/school genre when I was just watching shonen. but i can imagine someone getting bored because of the piano performances and stuff. Also I probably didn't have issues with the pacing because the shows i watched before YLIA were Naruto and FMAB, which are pretty slow themselves.
Jun 13, 2021 1:07 AM
Oct 2020
Well It's half true for me as well.If it was a movie it would be satisfying.
Jun 13, 2021 1:19 AM
Jun 2021
MANIKANTA_KJS said:
I've completed watching YLIA recently after seeing so many people talking about how they cried like a little bitch, How tragic it is and how they were depressed after watching it.but in my case it didn't, the pacing is so damn slow, There are some great moments with lot of emotions but man it was hard getting through this anime without being bored. If my opinion hurts any other YLIA fan then I'm sorry man but its just how I felt about it.
i went through anime knowing that she will die in the end and all those hints that were dropped made me interested how will she die.If I didn’t knew the ending while watching I would 100% be bored I am not big fan of piano
Jun 13, 2021 1:43 AM
Mar 2021
It boring in the beginning episodes for me but after I enjoyed it a lot.
Jun 13, 2021 1:43 AM
Dec 2020
MANIKANTA_KJS said:
yeah...I agree with you it had a lot of boring parts
Jun 13, 2021 1:59 AM
Jan 2021
I also found it boring.I low-key fell asleep watching it
Jun 13, 2021 2:13 AM
Jan 2021
Your not alone I really didn't like it either
Jun 13, 2021 2:18 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
A few years ago when I was just getting into anime, I was new to it all so I was pretty accepting of anything I watched. Heck I even thought sword art online was pretty good. Your lie in april was one of the first 10 anime I ever watched- and man all I remember is the dude playing piano and crying over and over again

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 13, 2021 2:25 AM

Nov 2020
Understandable, valid opinion, have a great day.
Jun 13, 2021 2:59 AM
Oct 2020
stealth11 said:
Have been planning to watch this but this is the first time i've seen someone getting bored due to the pacing, like is it that bad? If i may ask keeping the pacing aside how much would vote it out of 10?

I think pacing affects any anime,but it depends on the story. Like how the story should be portrayed in order to hit the viewer.I felt some of the scenes would've been better if they just went on a Little quick. I think they wanted the viewers to process the scenes as there are many emotion heavy scenes, maybe thats why it was slowly paced. It is bad but not worse. You should definitely check it out cuz its an overall experience. Keeping the pacing aside I would give it a 7 or 7.5.
Jun 13, 2021 3:02 AM
Oct 2020
HINTALGAL said:
Bruh people I know why u didn't liked it if u had binged watched it u would have liked it ... At first I took 1 week to watch it cuz I thought it was boring then my friend forced to binge watch it again and surprisingly I cried hell and scored it 10

Unfortunately I didn't binge watch. It took me nearly 2 1/2 weeks to complete this.yeah its definitely emotional and sad.
Jun 13, 2021 3:03 AM
Nov 2020
MANIKANTA_KJS said:

yeah same...I'm not picky or anything but this one is so boring that I dropped it after watching 2 episodes
Jun 13, 2021 3:05 AM
Oct 2020
itzCrimsin said:
I loved it but a piano performance taking an episode and a half is a bit much

I couldn't agree more.
Jun 13, 2021 3:07 AM
Sep 2020
I absolutely agree with you: there are some boring moments, and the MC is obnoxious; in the end, i didn't shed a single tear.
Jun 13, 2021 3:25 AM
Jun 2020
Given12 said:
I'm sorry but respectfully i'm unable to take you seriously as clearly your type is shounen (which is not a bad thing in my opinion) and seinen so of course you'll find it boring. I'm a girl and tbh when i started watching anime i only liked shojo anime so the pacing seemed fine to me but when i started watching and reading seinen, shonen, sports etc. anime and manga i realised how slow shojo animes' pacing really is. And for that reason, i don't watch shojo that much only once in a couple of months.
So i personally think that people should only watch what their taste is and what appeals them. If you don't like shojo don't go towards that side, if you don't like shonen don't watch it, and if you don't like children movies don't watch them. Honestly i watched Totoro and hated it because of the annoying whining girls and lack of plot but then i read somewhere that you cannot judge children's movie on the adult scale and that's what i wanna say to you. Don't judge YLIA with the shonen or seinen scale because they are completely different genres.

And if you judged this anime after taking off the shonen/ seinen glasses and still found it boring and pathetic then i respect your opinion. Cuz honestly i don't like that "My Little Monster" either no matter how much people say they love it. I hate that anime so much.

Same^ people who are mostly into shounen can't really get the feels of romcoms I'd say. I have a close friend of mine just doesn't likes romcom shows and mostly watches shounen series only so I can understand where this guy's coming from.
Jun 13, 2021 4:53 AM

Feb 2021
agreed, I didn't find the show special at all. the pacing is awful and I could not stand koari and whatever the main characters name was.
Jun 13, 2021 5:12 AM

Apr 2021
true, the pacing is terrible, writing is non existent, characters are cardboard cutouts except for tsubaki who i thought was the most interesting character, the story sure was a tragedy but kaori wasnt the type of character i would cry for if she died, i mean hell she was annoying

atleast anohana focused on friendship to emulate emotions unlike something as superficial as love and music

8.7 rating, like how?
Jun 13, 2021 7:27 AM
Oct 2020
Even though it ended up being my favorite anime so far, I can definitely understand it if anyone finds the piano performances a little boring, you don't need to like classical music, but you do need to be able to appreciate it. If you thought it was just boring in general then I guess this just isn't the show for you, I personally feel like action shounens are super boring, everyone has their own thing I guess.
Jun 13, 2021 10:07 AM
Feb 2021
I like everything except tsubaki parts I think she’s annoying personally
Jun 13, 2021 10:11 AM
May 2021
I literally cried harder at the no game no life movie
Jun 13, 2021 10:23 AM
Oct 2020
Given12 said:
I'm sorry but respectfully i'm unable to take you seriously as clearly your type is shounen (which is not a bad thing in my opinion) and seinen so of course you'll find it boring. I'm a girl and tbh when i started watching anime i only liked shojo anime so the pacing seemed fine to me but when i started watching and reading seinen, shonen, sports etc. anime and manga i realised how slow shojo animes' pacing really is. And for that reason, i don't watch shojo that much only once in a couple of months.
So i personally think that people should only watch what their taste is and what appeals them. If you don't like shojo don't go towards that side, if you don't like shonen don't watch it, and if you don't like children movies don't watch them. Honestly i watched Totoro and hated it because of the annoying whining girls and lack of plot but then i read somewhere that you cannot judge children's movie on the adult scale and that's what i wanna say to you. Don't judge YLIA with the shonen or seinen scale because they are completely different genres.

And if you judged this anime after taking off the shonen/ seinen glasses and still found it boring and pathetic then i respect your opinion. Cuz honestly i don't like that "My Little Monster" either no matter how much people say they love it. I hate that anime so much.

Sorry It took me too long to reply.
Here are some points:

1. I like shonen/seinen genre which I prefer as slot one while watching anime and slot two to try some other genre.
2. Like I said I'll try different genre. I've watched YLIA and I've only watched two anime under romance genre your name and tenki no ko which are paced way better than this , it might be becoz they are movies but I can't say much unless I've had a good amount of shoujo/ romance genre.
3.like I said I usually try and consume anime content of different genre even if its not my primary choice unlike you cuz there are shit ton of dope anime out there irrespective of genre. So you should watch according to your taste and what you like but you should also try something new or you would be missing out so much of great anime for which I feel sad for you.
4.before I jump into a new anime I would definitely know it's genre so I'll be ready for something different in that genre and I have the basic fuckin sense to look at it from its genre point of view, I wouldn't mix it with other genres and if I watch a shonen/seinen anime and find it boring I'll just say it's boring and I definitely wouldn't compare it with isekai or shoujo or harem genre. So If try watching a different genre I wouldn't look at it with shonen/seinen eyes rather I would look at it in its own genre.
5. and what is my little monster I don't know that anime you should talk about it with people who've watched it rather than me,such random shit.
Jun 13, 2021 10:43 AM
Sep 2015
No matter how insane ones idea can be, there will be always people to agree.
Jun 13, 2021 10:50 AM
Oct 2020
Theo1899 said:
If you take the first and last episodes out you are left with a very uninteresting show which is why I dropped it on episode 11 and didn't continue it for more than a year.

did you finish it?
Jun 13, 2021 10:52 AM
Oct 2020
certifiedbinger said:
you're certainly not alone, but I thought the show was a solid 9/10. it may be a personal thing cause this was the show that got me into the slice of life/drama/school genre when I was just watching shonen. but i can imagine someone getting bored because of the piano performances and stuff. Also I probably didn't have issues with the pacing because the shows i watched before YLIA were Naruto and FMAB, which are pretty slow themselves.

Yeah Naruto is slow paced but it got better over a period of time and I don't think its fair to compare a romance genre to a shonen genre.
Jun 13, 2021 10:58 AM
Oct 2020
laurastgn said:
MANIKANTA_KJS said:

yeah same...I'm not picky or anything but this one is so boring that I dropped it after watching 2 episodes

I think you should get through it. No matter what anime you start, you should finish it even though it's trash.So I hope you'll finish it someday and I know that I've put some anime on hold and dropped some but I'll definitely finish it before picking a new anime.
Jun 13, 2021 11:03 AM
Oct 2020
hrxshi said:
true, the pacing is terrible, writing is non existent, characters are cardboard cutouts except for tsubaki who i thought was the most interesting character, the story sure was a tragedy but kaori wasnt the type of character i would cry for if she died, i mean hell she was annoying

atleast anohana focused on friendship to emulate emotions unlike something as superficial as love and music

8.7 rating, like how?

Yep tsubaki is a very good character. I liked her.
Jun 13, 2021 11:08 AM
Oct 2020
Albaab19 said:
Given12 said:

Same^ people who are mostly into shounen can't really get the feels of romcoms I'd say. I have a close friend of mine just doesn't likes romcom shows and mostly watches shounen series only so I can understand where this guy's coming from.

But I got lot of feels from your name. Which is a romance anime even though it's a movie. I've really really felt some moments in YLIA but it was boring overall.
Jun 13, 2021 11:13 AM
Oct 2020
Admyre said:
Even though it ended up being my favorite anime so far, I can definitely understand it if anyone finds the piano performances a little boring, you don't need to like classical music, but you do need to be able to appreciate it. If you thought it was just boring in general then I guess this just isn't the show for you, I personally feel like action shounens are super boring, everyone has their own thing I guess.

Don't get me wrong I definitely appreciate the music in this anime even though the piano stuff was not my go to. It was really good.This anime has some great moments even though overall its boring.
Jun 13, 2021 11:16 AM

Jul 2020
Boring? Yes. Frustrating? No. It was pretty hard to get through since I couldn't connect to any of the characters, or like any of them.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jun 13, 2021 11:17 AM
Oct 2020
SoulFighter17 said:

What does it have anything to do with YLIA?
Jun 13, 2021 11:18 AM

Oct 2020
I thought it was boring too but the last episode was sad

MANIKANTA_KJS said:
SoulFighter17 said:

it means the no game no life movie made him sadder then ylia
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Jun 13, 2021 11:20 AM

Jan 2018
I avoided this anime after so many people became depressed. No watch no depression right
Jun 13, 2021 11:21 AM
Oct 2020
marcioma said:
marcioma said:

Thats a good quote.
Jun 13, 2021 11:23 AM
Oct 2020
hazecloud said:
I avoided this anime after so many people became depressed. No watch no depression right

It was tragic I accept it. But it wasn't that depressing at least for me.
Jun 13, 2021 11:26 AM

Jun 2016
MANIKANTA_KJS said:
Theo1899 said:

did you finish it?

Yes I did and I liked the ending as indicated by the fairly high score of 7/10 (although maybe I'll reconsider that in the future. idk)
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 13, 2021 11:26 AM
Oct 2020
MrBrawlz said:
I thought it was boring too but the last episode was sad

MANIKANTA_KJS said:

it means the no game no life movie made him sadder then ylia

Oh okay I get it and yeah Last episode was definitely sad. I concur.
Jun 13, 2021 11:29 AM
Oct 2020
AnimeLeviathan said:
Boring? Yes. Frustrating? No. It was pretty hard to get through since I couldn't connect to any of the characters, or like any of them.

I should've phrased the sentance a bit better the fact that it was so boring is what made me so frustrated and the pacing is slow too.
Jun 13, 2021 11:35 AM
Oct 2020
Theo1899 said:
MANIKANTA_KJS said:

did you finish it?

Yes I did and I liked the ending as indicated by the fairly high score of 7/10 (although maybe I'll reconsider that in the future. idk)
I had be sure cuz you were like if you take out first and last episode out you are left with a very uninteresting show which is why I dropped it on episode 11. I was like how can you say that if you remove last and first everything is uninteresting,when you have dropped it on episode 11.
Jun 13, 2021 11:37 AM

Nov 2020
MANIKANTA_KJS said:

hmmm...

Another post to show ur hate.I think it is common now people like u pop out of nowhere in forums every day.

I mean if u don't like the show just give it a low score....I don't think there is any need to create a post for showing ur hate....

And I would like to tell u that u r not alone. Some other people also think same as u but they just didn't wasted their time in creating this useless post...

U r not alone but people that think like u r in minority (ratings clearly show that)..

As for my opinion about this anime..

It is a masterpiece... u can feel the anime it self... And the ending after that build up was just flawless...

(Quick tip: don't create useless threads like this to show ur fking hate...)

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jun 13, 2021 11:37 AM
Jan 2020
I don't blame you, we all have different taste. Personally I feel that we have to be in a specific state of mind to like something. It's just like music, some music gets more memorable if played at the memorable moment. For me, I watched Your Lie in April when I was first getting into anime, and was quite immature back then. The show actually taught me how being mature, letting go of one's feelings and fighting heavy emotions looks like. When I look back at it, it's not a crazy plot like a masterpiece anime, but it's very memorable to me indeed and therefore is a solid '10' for me.
Aniket_PradhanJun 13, 2021 11:43 AM
Jun 13, 2021 11:52 AM
Oct 2020
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
MANIKANTA_KJS said:

hmmm...

Another post to show ur hate.I think it is common now people like u pop out of nowhere in forums every day.

I mean if u don't like the show just give it a low score....I don't think there is any need to create a post for showing ur hate....

And I would like to tell u that u r not alone. Some other people also think same as u but they just didn't wasted their time in creating this useless post...

U r not alone but people that think like u r in minority (ratings clearly show that)..

As for my opinion about this anime..

It is a masterpiece... u can feel the anime it self... And the ending after that build up was just flawless...

(Quick tip: don't create useless threads like this to show ur fking hate...)

This is my first post in forum,even though i didn't like this anime and I definitely didn't hate it. I've created this thread just to know what other people thought about it and if they disagree with my opinion they would tell why. This way I would know why Im wrong or right and I would learn something from their disagreement, I would even know if I missed something. There were people who agreed and disagreed with my thread but no one was butt hurt like you. I concur that ending was great.
MANIKANTA_KJSJun 13, 2021 12:07 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Yesterday, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.