Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2021 3:24 AM
Feb 2021
I can see why the dub va's were told to do as they please, because even with the slightly edgy humor in the dub it was still mind numbingly boring to watch
Out of curiosity did anyone else find the show the way I did
Jun 11, 2021 4:12 AM

Dec 2013
No. You are literally the only person in existence who doesn't like this show. Congratulations.
Jun 11, 2021 5:06 AM
Mar 2021
Well I had watched this out of nostalgia in sub of course
Jun 11, 2021 5:13 AM
Feb 2021
The story was just so straight forward ghost, bad situation, book gives answer, ghost be gone. I'm not saying this anime is bad by any means, but personally I didn't like it at all
Jun 11, 2021 7:02 AM

May 2021
I completely agree. Most people remember the dumb fun bits, which are always great, but a large majority of the dub is also just incredibly boring. Even if its funny, it still has the skeleton of a terrible anime, and they had to follow that plot in some way to keep it coherent. A large majority of the episodes are ether forgettable or incredibly boring
Jun 11, 2021 7:21 AM
Nov 2020
So overall the story was nothing special. However some episodes were genuinely well written in my opinion. Specifically I really liked the episode with the piano. I gushed about the episode to my friend because I someone who studied creative writing thought it was a cool and creative episode. Maybe it’s because I play piano therefore had a slightly more personal connection but I think it was well written. However overall I agree I think it’s average without the dub.
Jun 11, 2021 8:55 PM
Apr 2021
It's not a bad show tbf but with the dub it's one of the only funny anime or bearable anime in general,its the only dub to make fun of its own show and realize the imperfections while it seems in every other dub the voice actors take their job to serious and dont have fun most of the time,
Jun 12, 2021 3:24 PM
Feb 2021
boelb said:
It's not a bad show tbf but with the dub it's one of the only funny anime or bearable anime in general,its the only dub to make fun of its own show and realize the imperfections while it seems in every other dub the voice actors take their job to serious and dont have fun most of the time,
the dub va's do have fun but you don't see bloopers just the finished product, search up SAO bloopers
Jun 13, 2021 1:45 AM
Jan 2021
Personally I'm 20yrs old watching at dub current on ep 2 and not liking much . I'm not saying it's a bad show but sometimes age also matters on liking the shows or not it's a average show for kids
Jun 14, 2021 2:27 PM

Jun 2019
Anurag469 said:
Personally I'm 20yrs old watching at dub current on ep 2 and not liking much . I'm not saying it's a bad show but sometimes age also matters on liking the shows or not it's a average show for kids

I watched it for the first time at 29 years-old several months back and thoroughly enjoyed it.....Is it age or mindset?

(Although I watched subbed).
Jun 17, 2021 11:07 AM
Jan 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
Anurag469 said:

I watched it for the first time at 29 years-old several months back and thoroughly enjoyed it.....Is it age or mindset?

(Although I watched subbed).

Well i already said it that it's my personal opinion ,i watched it at dub because i heard that this anime failed on Japan .....so the dub was the one that make this famous that's why i decided to give it a shot
Jun 22, 2021 9:42 PM

Nov 2012

Fun fact, turns out the narrative of this show being a flop in Japan and it desperately needing a gag dub were nothing but lies from ADV Films. The show was actually quite well liked and received good ratings in Japan when it first aired.
Jul 6, 2021 4:51 PM
Jun 2009
I usually don't like parody dub, and anything that doesn't follow the original story.
I mean, the author wanted to say something with his work, and you have to appreciate it or don't watch it at all.
That's said, why I do watch this show in the dub?
I found out about it, because of a video about its dub. In the video (Red Bard btw) the blogger says that the Japanese original dub was very bad. The series was a disaster at home, so the studio desperately wanted to sell it worldwide by any means. So Pierrot, the studio in question, gave full artistic freedom to American VAs, so you can't say it is a parody dub. It is actual official version.
I see visually, that the plot of each episode is boring without even knowing what the characters supposed to say in Japanese.
And I am grateful to the studio in the US, that they changed everything verbally.
The characters' personalities are fun. The mess of inappropriate jokes and swearing setting a nice tone. The show is hilarious and dub is the only reason I even picked up this show. And I don't regret it.
Some episodes are still weak, despite the changes, but overall dub is worth watching.
Jul 6, 2021 4:54 PM
Jun 2009
Anurag469 said:

Well, I am 26. And you can read my opinion in the previous post. Long story short, dub makes it good and I'd rather say I enjoy watching it.
Jul 6, 2021 4:57 PM
Jun 2009
VanishingKira said:

Fun fact, turns out the narrative of this show being a flop in Japan and it desperately needing a gag dub were nothing but lies from ADV Films. The show was actually quite well liked and received good ratings in Japan when it first aired.

I see. Still I will finish watching it in dub. And 99.9% sure I will not watch it in sub. Despite me watching anime predominantly with subs.
Jul 6, 2021 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
Animax, back in the 2000s, actually had this in normal English dub acting. That's when I first watched it. I did like it back then and watched the Japanese dub 15 years later and found how normal or less than average the anime is. I still like it just for nostalgic purposes......

Then there's the meme'd dub. I only watched a few clipped scenes and it was hilarious. Never knew it was official but it is what it is. I do love the meme version too but not planning to rewatch it as a whole. Clips are enough.
WIP
Jul 8, 2021 6:15 AM
Jun 2009
And you know what. I've been thinking and decided that it is better to watch in version that original author created the show.
Aug 1, 2021 4:07 PM
Jan 2021
Im not really a fan of the ADV dub, I'm not a fan of the humour and i actually liked watching it subbed. Although the Animax Dub is actually really good, too bad no one is going to go on a search for the other episodes as all people care about is the ADV dub.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 20 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

46 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 25, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 18 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 20, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 15 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

24 by matheoo41 »»
Feb 20, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

37 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 12, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 10 Discussion

stand - Oct 22, 2013

21 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 7, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.