Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The group is back to normal but the mood is a bit awkward this episode. I love Tae Yamada's makeup though. She really brings out the strange side of Franchouchou.

Their manager is also hilarious as ever with his antics. However, I also like how protective he is of the group. Definitely the best manager they could ever have.
Jun 10, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
THE REVENGE EPISODE IS HERE, BABY!

The "before effect" of Franchouchou and manager Kotarou to reclaim back their Saga for their next performance at EFS (that eventually bombed with the less-than-desirable crowd count), even if the girls were performing 100%, it was a hell of a defeat like no other, both in numbers and incurring the 20 million debt that sent Kotarou into a drunken frenzy, linking all of this back to Episode 1's opening.

To see the legendary Tae Yamada doing things on her very own (that is established with the events before Episode 6), to see Franchouchou working together to get their revenge, it should be served sweet. Also, with Kotarou doing the sequel season's poster signature, he has found his solace on getting his revenge as well: going back to the same venue (EFS) for their revenge concert, but this time with a coordinated strategy to replace his failings for the 1st showing.

The clue that Saga's editorial department Sagazine has already caught wind that Franchouchou are zombie girls, it's a do-or-die mission for Kotarou regardless of the results. The bartender who can resurrect(?) the dead otherwise, Saga is already a No Man's Land for the Zombieland Saga Project, but still Kotarou is dead-set on making it happen.

Given how much we've waited for this revenge moment to come, this final showing will be a big one.
Jun 10, 2021 9:04 AM

Jan 2014
Almost thought we were having a recap episode for a moment there, like feels like a retelling of the Ai ep from last season, where it was on about her performing with the group in bad weather conditions. But it wasn't the case, it was more sad then what that episode was. Interesting stuff.

Hope they manage to turn all of this around, rootin for em honestly.
Jun 10, 2021 9:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course the representation didn't get well, but now it's time for their revenge, even though I doubt they can perform because of that huge storm which seems to be a curse connected to their resurrection... since it seems to be thanks to the Bartender who has that power, it's still very mysterious for that part, especially to what happened between Kotaro and him 12 years ago. And of course there is still that annoying journalist who knows that truth and is threatening Kotaro, but it seems like the storm punished him with stopping the electricity xD
Jun 10, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2014
It was nice to see what really happen to Franchouchou after the Ekimae Stadium incident.
What happened to the bartender and Franchouchou's mansion after the power outage?? Does the power outage really relate to resurrection power? I hope everyone will be okay.

Kotarou plans to hold the concert at the Ekimae Stadium again. It's time for revenge!!! This time they will fill up the stadium for sure.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 10, 2021 9:17 AM
Jan 2021
I've felt the direction of the story as dramatic and tense as Season 1, I think it was the best ending an idol anime has ever had, at that time in 2018. I wonder how it will close season 2 of Zombie Land Saga, whether it will be equivalent to season 1 or not.
Jun 10, 2021 9:38 AM

Aug 2018
WHATTTTT??!!!!
Let's see...they told us a little bit more about what happened before the EEF concert, ok.
and also a certain thing with the bartender, but...WHAT HAPPENED AT THE END??!!!!!
Let's wait until next week...AHHHH!!!!!
Jun 10, 2021 9:58 AM

Jul 2011
This episode was dramatic in many sense.

Is good to know about pre-EFS.

Tatsumi heated up speech, was inspirational.

The reported isn't wrong, but all of them chose to follow Tastumi, so is all good.

That Legendary Yamada Tae back picture. I just can say. Great legs!

Next episode we will now the reason of the Zombie Land Saga Project. Who is the main plot?
Jun 10, 2021 11:05 AM

Sep 2019
wtf happened at the end? that was unexpected lol
Jun 10, 2021 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
What the hell was the point of going back to before EFS for half the episode? Doing that taught us literally nothing constructive, nothing that we didn't already know. It was just yet more pure filler to insert it here, dragging things out to try and desperately make sure they can fill a cour; if they were going to include it, they could have included it at the start to make that first episode less of a mess and give actual decent context for why it was happening. But no, let's just disrupt momentum once again with more meaningless padding. It should absolutely NOT have taken two-thirds of the episode to get to the point of the reporter confronting Koutarou about the girls being zombies. Hell, it shouldn't have taken as long as 22 episodes to get to this point either.

As for the revelations about the bartender being immortal and able to revive the dead, it's about time we finally get this explained and gain some context for just why Koutarou began the Zombieland project in the first place. That being said, this revelation does nothing to really change the stakes of this final couple of episodes as we already knew why they were working so hard to save Saga (did it really need to be a magical curse, though?) and there's still more tension from the news reporter subplot.
Jun 10, 2021 12:13 PM

Feb 2019
Fuckkk man, so the reporter has all the pieces together now. How’s the manager gonna navigate this? I also thought the bartender was going to be an important character seeing how he is seemingly a common thread linking everyone, but it never occurred to me that he could be the one causing the resurrections. Some really interesting things coming in these last few eps.
Jun 10, 2021 12:16 PM
Jan 2021
this episode was one hell of a roller coaster and now i cant wait for the next episode!
Jun 10, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2013
Well we saw Tae in her office clothes in that picture (that'll all be explained if you read the spinoff manga, which I hope will get adapted as these last few episodes seem to be starting to gear up to elements that are in that manga). It's all going down now, and the theories about the Saga Curse are true. I expect that, given Tae's past, they need her to awaken at some point.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 10, 2021 12:45 PM

Jul 2017
damn don't tell me tsunami-kun was the ultimate cockblock of the century???

but at least the whole story of how this season came to be is revealed. Coulda been better if it was revealed earlier on but better late than never I guess
Jun 10, 2021 1:49 PM

Apr 2015
So we got some events pre-EFS, leading up to that massive failure. Almost felt a recap, but until I realized that we never really saw anything leading up to the EFS.

So all cards are on the table. Not only did the reporter confront Kotaro about the girls being zombies, he actually is pretty much against him using the dead for entertainment, I guess I understand where he's coming from.

But also the secret of the old guy is out now, he's immortal and suffering from a curse. But if I understood correctly, all these girls died due to that curse? I want to find out more about this curse to be honest.

Did that storm just cause the sea to swallow up that whole mansion??????
Jun 10, 2021 2:08 PM

Sep 2020
The beginning of the episode was interesting and I liked finally seeing the leadup to the incident.

However all the crazy interesting stuff happened at the end. So is Koutarou immortal or is just the grandfather immortal while Koutarou is a descendant? Is all of Saga literally disappearing? What is the reporter going to do? Will they still be able to do the show? Who is Tae?

This episode was ok but it makes me real excited for the next episode. I can't wait.

Jun 10, 2021 2:28 PM
Oct 2020
Now its the Franchouchou revenge time lets go!
Jun 10, 2021 3:12 PM
Mar 2021
Damn that saga curse for messing with the zombie baes
Jun 10, 2021 3:19 PM

Jun 2017
That went from 0 to 100 real quick at the end. So the old man is indeed Saga itself in the flesh and immortal to some extent.

It was nice to get some more backstory on the big failure that kicked off the season.
Jun 10, 2021 3:45 PM
Apr 2020
I had a little trouble following this one. The pacing seemed a little off. Still enjoyed it, nonetheless.
Jun 10, 2021 4:01 PM

Aug 2018
Holy shit I didn't expected "the plot" to kick in such beauty. Actually hype for what happens even if only 2 eps seem a little bit small to a proper climax resolving this cataclysm + EFS
Jun 10, 2021 4:52 PM

Nov 2011
And still the number one burning question in this anime is "Who is Tae?" Seriously there's multiple moments where I thought she was a musician, someone from the WW2 Era, some rich girl, and now a Model judging by that picture. Jesus please give us Tae backstory and if not give us Tae backstory in SEASON 3 DAMMIT!

So Kotarou is cursed. But what is interesting is that people who get involved with Kotarou OR the Bartender are also cursed. Straight from the mouth of the bartender. So since they were both involved with Yuugiri and Sakura while they were alive I wonder how the other falls into the mix as well.

I will also stand by my theory that the reason why Sakura and Tae are so close, is because thier family graves are right next to each other.

Damn that ending though. Should be an exciting rest of the season!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 10, 2021 5:22 PM

Jun 2019
1st half retreding their past failure at EFS wasn’t necessary. I could’ve skipped it and been none the wiser.

They confirmed the old man/bartender’s life being linked to Saga itself and brought on the idea of the Saga curse that aims to erase Saga from everyone’s memories. I like the idea because it ties up a lot of loose ends, but I wish that they built this up a lot sooner.

Also, it doesn’t explain why Kotaro cares so much about Saga or why he gave up and went on a bender after the first failed concert.
Jun 10, 2021 9:47 PM
Mar 2015
Its the end of Saga as we know it
Jun 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Jul 2016
Those first 15 minutes were such a pointless waste of time. Koutarou being an impulsive idiot was already a given and the fact of the girls relying too much on him could have been easily explored without having to go over the boring days that led to the EFS fiasco. Between this and the MaiMai episode, it really seems the studio has been struggling quite a lot to fill this cour.
Not to mention it was already about damn time for us to receive more context as for why Koutarou started the Zombieland Saga Project in the first place.

So... a curse, huh?
Jun 10, 2021 10:23 PM
Apr 2017
Half episode only for flash-back.......
Jun 11, 2021 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
Tae is love, Tae is life.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 11, 2021 2:45 AM

Aug 2019
well only two more episodes left and no sign of Tae’s past being mentioned, seems there will only ever be speculations about what she was before she got revived as a zombie
Jun 11, 2021 4:08 AM

Oct 2016
Jesus Christ.

Great episode! Seeing the whole EFS incident is just depressing man, but who was it that showed the girls that it's possible to do things even without Kotaro's help? That's right it's our legendary Tae! So, all the accidents happening to Kotaro was because of the curse, since he's pretty much on the cusp of greatness for Saga, he's becoming legendary himself. I am wondering though if Sakura was killed by the curse, I think she just got killed accidentally lmao. That's why she's not legendary yet. Well, she's legendary to us though.

The curse also pretty much explains why they have so much bad luck, they get hit by lightning, their stages get destroyed, but since they're zombies, the curse don't mean jack shit to them. So Kotaro doesn't have necromancy powers himself, it was just the bartender dude that resurrected them. Glad that the deadline wasn't the girls only having a limited time as zombies, but the deadline is the literal destruction of Saga. I'll take that rather than seeing the girls vanish lmao. We believe in the Kotaro that believes in Franchouchou. Really looking forward to the last 2 episodes.
Jun 11, 2021 4:48 AM
Mar 2019
We got to see what really happened on that disastrous day. Now-- it's time for the REVENGE.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jun 11, 2021 6:48 AM

Mar 2014
The flashback scene is a bit confusing to me at first cos I didn't keep track with time frame and also I felt like it's unnecessary, I mean the whole EFS disaster was meant to be a joke, they didn't have to give details about what happened. But that bit about the "bartender" and some details about how the girls turn into zombies was nice. Okay that's done now on to the their Revenge show which begin with another disaster
RedChromeJun 11, 2021 11:07 PM
Jun 11, 2021 7:44 AM
Dec 2020
snowykevin said:
well only two more episodes left and no sign of Tae’s past being mentioned, seems there will only ever be speculations about what she was before she got revived as a zombie

There's a prequel manga released last month called ZLS Gaiden, which is about Tae's backstory. The photo that Okoba has of her matches her outfit she wears in that manga, thus confirming the manga is indeed canon. In fact, the last two episodes appear to be bringing in elements from it.
YuChunHsiehJun 11, 2021 3:19 PM
Jun 11, 2021 8:36 AM

Mar 2017
At first, this seemed like a pretty laid-back ep over what EFS show in more detail but the last few minutes... now we know there's a much bigger incidence happening behind the scenes of Kotaro's Zombie Idol group plans.

I'm assuming that the 'big event' that'll befall Saga is some kind of natural disaster, judging by that last last scene. I guess we'll see if Kotaro's plan of creating an unforgettable Saga Idol group worked!
Jun 11, 2021 11:32 AM

Aug 2019
YuChunHsieh said:
snowykevin said:

There's a prequel manga released last month called ZLS Gaiden, which is about Tae's backstory. The photo that Okoba has of her matches her outfit she wears in that manga, thus confirming the manga is indeed canon. In fact, the last two episodes appear to bringing in elements from it.

interesting, guess I’ll have to check that out
Jun 11, 2021 12:51 PM

Apr 2020
Finally, a flashback episode that made everything else more apparent, although I think it wasn't that necessary.

A quarter of the episode is spent on the idols getting all down and sorrow from the past that I thought they had already overcome, while half of it is spent on the flashback that essentially tells the same story as the first episode but with more details. Nevertheless, it was a good episode.

I'm wondering tho as to why Xu Fu (the old/immortal bartender) had a stroke/heartache/chest pain/whatever that is when the blackout happened. Guess that's gonna be a story for another day.
Jun 11, 2021 12:58 PM
Jun 2021
Solaris----- said:
Finally, a flashback episode that made everything else more apparent, although I think it wasn't that necessary.

A quarter of the episode is spent on the idols getting all down and sorrow from the past that I thought they had already overcome, while half of it is spent on the flashback that essentially tells the same story as the first episode but with more details. Nevertheless, it was a good episode.

I'm wondering tho as to why Xu Fu (the old/immortal bartender) had a stroke/heartache/chest pain/whatever that is when the blackout happened. Guess that's gonna be a story for another day.

The bartender seems to also be kiichi's grandpa from episode 8 and 9. He claims to be saga itself, so it looks like he depends on saga's condition. He collapsed when kiichi's comrades got killed in the previous episode, so its probably the same thing as when the blackout happened
Jun 11, 2021 4:40 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 10 and its good.. almost there until the last episode.. pride is nothing compared to doing the right thing, as expectations are connected with pride and the other sins, too much of it is bad.. specially if one expects great things from some people.. like what kotaro is doing with the girls during the live that has failed terribly, where he expected much more out when he could have just do it normally.. haha.. also like me, i expected a lot of things in life, which i put all of it as my goal.. but my current situation just wont permit it.. ah, such is life.. but what were they talking about? Like curses? So based on yugiris story, the old man is saga himself, and is immortal.. but as saga is struck with a curse, then he can also feel once the curse hits saga.. so will this anime turn into a modern day fight between yokai and them?! Anyways, i rate the episode a 8.5 of 10, 8.5 for story and 9 for art.. :)
Jun 11, 2021 7:27 PM

Jun 2014
The flashback was pretty unnecessary, I'm sure there's a way they could have shown us that without taking up a good chunk of the episode. Hell they could have just put it in the first episode. Oh well. The journalist dude finally confronted Kotarou and it looks like he was about to go public with his findings, but that blackout fucked him lol. That whole conversation between Kotarou and the bartender was interesting, I wonder what's going to happen with this "cataclysmic event" that the bartender mentioned.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 12, 2021 5:57 AM

Sep 2017
Lel so apparently Saga is going to be wiped off the map and this massive storm might be related. Quite the tone shift over the last few eps.
Jun 12, 2021 6:18 AM

Feb 2014
So now that the whole plan has been explained, the revenge is finally upon us. But that blackout has some serious issues at hand. Also we now know that every member of the Franchochou squad is legendary except Sakura(ofc Yamada Tae was born to be legendary), are we gonna get a legendary finale as well?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 12, 2021 2:29 PM
Aug 2015
So, in the last episode Kotaro mentions that all the girls are legends except one while looking at Sakura, this made something click in my head, why are all the girls ‘special’ except Sakura? Pretty simple, that day Sakura got run over, Kotaro was at the wheel! We already saw a few episodes ago what he does when he thinks he killed someone, he panics, and turns them into a zombie just like he wanted to do with Maimai. So that’s exactly what he did with Sakura after running her over.

What do you guys think about it, makes sense?
Jun 12, 2021 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
So everything is because of that bar owner and Saga is actually going to be wiped from Japan, kinda liked the deep look back at the event but were a bit of a filler.
Jun 12, 2021 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
Little things....

1) The bird "thing" that landed next to Kotaro in the stadium is the mascot for the SaganTosu football team (who are currently sitting in 4th place on the J1 League table). Cygames was once a major sponsor of the club. There was one report of the club in danger of going bankrupt last year.
2) The bartender/immortal Saga mentioned something about a previous (zombie?) case involving a high school girl. Curious as to what that is about.
3) Mention that the deaths of the girls are linked to a prophecy. Okay, I'm all ears!
4) Curious about the heart shaped memorial(?) near the ocean...
Jun 12, 2021 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
Koutarou so wacky and hilarious again!
how the hell did old man bartender got it wrong!? haha Zombie Land Saga Project is totally far of and definitely not a homonym of Mount Mifuneyama Rakuen!!
lol at the end...so this is something like calm before the storm or something like that?!?
4/5.

Jun 13, 2021 6:31 AM

Apr 2020
Nice Gurren Lagann reference, MAPPA

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Jun 13, 2021 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
Gambon said:
So, in the last episode Kotaro mentions that all the girls are legends except one while looking at Sakura, this made something click in my head, why are all the girls ‘special’ except Sakura? Pretty simple, that day Sakura got run over, Kotaro was at the wheel! We already saw a few episodes ago what he does when he thinks he killed someone, he panics, and turns them into a zombie just like he wanted to do with Maimai. So that’s exactly what he did with Sakura after running her over.

What do you guys think about it, makes sense?

Tatsumi was Sakura's classmate and had a crush on her.

He is the one that gave her Iron Frill's CD as a present and made her cheer up and try to audition as an idol.
Waifus only represent ideals
Jun 14, 2021 5:52 AM

Feb 2008
CorbanEsp said:
He is the one that gave her Iron Frill's CD as a present and made her cheer up and try to audition as an idol.

Pardon me for saying so, but over time I've had a growing suspicion that he didn't give her the CD. Rather he picked it up after she had dropped it and handed it back to her. The other thing I found odd was that Sakura addressed him as Inui-kun. So at which point in time did he pick up the Katsumi moniker?
deguyJun 15, 2021 7:02 AM
Jun 15, 2021 2:40 AM

Mar 2012
deguy said:
CorbanEsp said:

Pardon me for saying so, but over time I've had a growing suspicion that he didn't give her the CD. Rather he picked it up after she had dropped it aand handed it back to her. The other thing I found odd was that Sakura addressed him aa Inui-kun. So at which point in time did he pick up the Katsumi moniker?

No clue, just pointing what I remembered.

But given that this episode confirmed that after Sakura's death he was devastated and found the bartender, I wouldn't be surprised if the "becoming Tatsumi Kotarou" is part of his plan for saving Saga or, at least, a condition he was given to include Sakura among the resurrected legends.
Waifus only represent ideals
Jun 17, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2017
Damn so it's a curse at work and these girls who died were also because of the curse. Who would have thought that the bartender was immortal thou, I thought he himself was a zombie. Also that last scene was concerning.
Jun 24, 2021 8:08 AM

Nov 2016
Bar-ossan is around since the Meiji period, I figured that he would be affected by the curse too. Things are coming nicely together.
FMmatronJun 24, 2021 8:32 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

235 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 10, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.