Forums
New
Jun 9, 2021 2:23 PM
May 2021
What is the worst arc of a great series
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2021 2:39 PM
Jun 2021
Chimera ant arc would be so good if there wasnt like 60 episodes and irritating narrator who was describing when someone takes a breath.
Jun 9, 2021 2:40 PM
Mar 2021
Chimera ant arc was pure shit, idc what anyone says. It could've easily been concluded in like 30 episodes. After finishing the arc, I felt like my time had been wasted. Such a pointless and dumb arc imo. And yes I understood everything. Hxh is still 10/10 tho.
Jun 9, 2021 2:41 PM
Feb 2017
Green island of course
Jun 9, 2021 2:45 PM

Mar 2020
Zoldyk imo, and I would phrase it as least favorite instead of worst, I found them all pretty good.
DONDAKE!!
Jun 9, 2021 2:47 PM
Jan 2021
First time it was probably Chimera ant arc, second time it was Greed Island or Zoldyck and now it's probably Heaven's Arena with Zoldyck right behind

All I know is Yorknew and Election have always been my top two. Right now Chimera is third and I love it, especially compared to my first time
SoulessAnimeJun 9, 2021 3:31 PM
Jun 9, 2021 2:48 PM
Dec 2020
DrPirahna said:
Chimera ant arc would be so good if there wasnt like 60 episodes and irritating narrator who was describing when someone takes a breath.
The Chirmera Ant arc is the best arc in my opinion and the narrator was perfect for a serious anime arc.
Jun 9, 2021 2:56 PM
Jul 2020
Chimera Ant arc by far was the worst arc in the series i quit during that and had to force myself to finish the show
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
Jun 9, 2021 2:56 PM

Jan 2020
Well, I guess the Zoldyk family arc because it was the shortest, I didn't have many bad things, It just didn't have time to even present anything, It was just a quick side arc.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jun 9, 2021 3:15 PM
May 2021
None of them but my least favorite was probably Hunter Exam
Jun 9, 2021 3:29 PM
Apr 2021
Roaaah_ said:
Green island of course
that was such a good arc why do you think that
Jun 9, 2021 3:32 PM

Feb 2021
My least favorite is the Greed Island arc. Not that I think it's bad, at all. It's just that I feel it took a long time to achieve what was needed. You can clearly see Togashi stalling sometimes, I assume because he wasn't sure yet where the story was going to go or at least how he was going to get there.

The Exam arc is a great intro to the world and the Zoldyck Family really cements Gon and Killua's friendship. It's unfair that it's judged as a separate arc since it's only a few chapters long.

Heaven's Arena was necessary to introduce Nen and it had some good moments. Good thing is that it wasn't too long like Greed Island.

Yorknew City was awesome, my second favorite. The Chimera Ant arc is just amazing. It's a shame kids with the attention span of a potato can't get through it and decide to shit on it nowadays. And the Chairman Election arc was a really nice conclusion to the whole main plot.

Can't analyze the Dark Continent arc yet because... hiatus.
Jun 9, 2021 3:43 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Jimothy69 said:
Chimera ant arc was pure shit, idc what anyone says. It could've easily been concluded in like 30 episodes. After finishing the arc, I felt like my time had been wasted. Such a pointless and dumb arc imo. And yes I understood everything. Hxh is still 10/10 tho.

I'm intrigued, surely if you think the longest arc of the show was that bad then how can the show as a whole be 10/10. If it's passing and presentation were that rough for so many EPs then surely it should atleast drop by a point down to 9/10? Just wondering👍
Jun 9, 2021 3:47 PM
Mar 2021
momentie said:
Jimothy69 said:

I'm intrigued, surely if you think the longest arc of the show was that bad then how can the show as a whole be 10/10. If it's passing and presentation were that rough for so many EPs then surely it should atleast drop by a point down to 9/10? Just wondering👍

Yh I guess I should, but I understood the chimera ant arc, so I thought I wouldn't let it affect the score. So if I was judging strictly, I'd prolly rate it 8 or 9.
Jun 9, 2021 3:49 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Jimothy69 said:
momentie said:

Yh I guess I should, but I understood the chimera ant arc, so I thought I wouldn't let it affect the score. So if I was judging strictly, I'd prolly rate it 8 or 9.

Well I mean you do you but understanding something doesn't automatically mean max points. If your view of it was the arc was massively over saturated / poorly paced and presumably therefore the story and characters suffered from that elongated story telling, then such a large part of the show would therefore cause the overall score to drop, that's all I was wondering. I was always think long shows like hxh have it rough trying to be good for such a long period lol
Jun 9, 2021 3:54 PM
Mar 2021
momentie said:
Jimothy69 said:

Well I mean you do you but understanding something doesn't automatically mean max points. If your view of it was the arc was massively over saturated / poorly paced and presumably therefore the story and characters suffered from that elongated story telling, then such a large part of the show would therefore cause the overall score to drop, that's all I was wondering. I was always think long shows like hxh have it rough trying to be good for such a long period lol

Yh true. I don't understand how people managed to get through one piece. Like surely it would get so repetitive.
Jun 9, 2021 3:58 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Jimothy69 said:
momentie said:

Yh true. I don't understand how people managed to get through one piece. Like surely it would get so repetitive.

From what I hear it's much better to read one piece then watch it 😅, yet people still say it'll be the number one anime when it finishs but I have to wonder how unless the vast majority of EPs are good.

That's my issue with hxh as some sort of 'masterpiece' yes it's great, very good but there are plenty of slower moments that drag, where the pacing is weak. Obviously that's because of its length but at the end of the day when I watch say gurren Lagann,borderline every episode (bar maybe Ep4) is brilliantly paced, cohesive and wonderfully produced, with a longer show that just isn't possible. I don't hold it against hxh or one piece but objectively they can't be their best in every episode, it would kill the production team of they tried to be lol.
Jun 9, 2021 4:02 PM
Mar 2021
momentie said:
Jimothy69 said:

From what I hear it's much better to read one piece then watch it 😅, yet people still say it'll be the number one anime when it finishs but I have to wonder how unless the vast majority of EPs are good.

That's my issue with hxh as some sort of 'masterpiece' yes it's great, very good but there are plenty of slower moments that drag, where the pacing is weak. Obviously that's because of its length but at the end of the day when I watch say gurren Lagann,borderline every episode (bar maybe Ep4) is brilliantly paced, cohesive and wonderfully produced, with a longer show that just isn't possible. I don't hold it against hxh or one piece but objectively they can't be their best in every episode, it would kill the production team of they tried to be lol.

Yh true, but ig the purpose of long shows isnt for every episode to be the best. Personally idm slow pacing, but the chimera ant arc pacing was in slow mo. I don't read manga mainly because I cba, but I can't ever imagine reading one piece. It would take too long.
Jun 9, 2021 4:08 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Jimothy69 said:
momentie said:

Yh true, but ig the purpose of long shows isnt for every episode to be the best. Personally idm slow pacing, but the chimera ant arc pacing was in slow mo. I don't read manga mainly because I cba, but I can't ever imagine reading one piece. It would take too long.

Oh I agree, there not meant to always be peak anime but for me atleast that therefore means they can never truely be 10/10, with me hxh is an 8.5 great in alot of regards but despite its length it can actually be pretty bland with alot of its extended cast and the pacing is iffy as fuck. Like I understand why and I've no issue with slow paced stories it's just a byproduct of being so long.

And ya reading something like one piece definetly seems inteinadating😂
Jun 9, 2021 4:10 PM
Mar 2021
Yh, I'd honestly rate it 8.5-9.
Jun 9, 2021 4:20 PM
Nov 2020
Chimera ant would of been better if it was shorter.
Jun 9, 2021 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
Greed Island felt the most pointless to me as it was just a training arc for CA. but it was still a 7/10 all of the arcs in hxh are at least good
Jun 9, 2021 4:44 PM
Mar 2021
people voting chimera ant LMFAO
Jun 9, 2021 4:46 PM
Mar 2021
Zoldyk Family Obviously
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
Jun 9, 2021 4:51 PM

Jan 2020
Overseeridk said:

It's my fave arc personally, but it absolutely has pacing problems. I can completely see why people may hate it.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Jun 9, 2021 4:54 PM
Mar 2021
Pyro81300 said:
Overseeridk said:

It's my fave arc personally, but it absolutely has pacing problems. I can completely see why people may hate it.

i agree but it's no where near the worst arc, it has one of the best antagonist in anime and iconic moments like gons rage, neteros speech, killuas godspeed, its a fantastic arc and i got no idea how people voted it the worst arc
Jun 9, 2021 5:03 PM

Aug 2015
Zoldick and Greed island arcs were pretty boring for me, not bad just boring.

I love all the other arcs tho, especially the Phantom troupe arc.
Jun 9, 2021 5:06 PM

Sep 2014
Chimera ant arc is not only the worst arc in Huntrash x Garbage. It's also the dumbest and the cringiest thing ever created in human history.
Jun 9, 2021 5:09 PM

Aug 2018
The election arc was decent but since they are all amazing id say its the worst

Jun 9, 2021 5:11 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Hrybami said:
Chimera ant arc is not only the worst arc in Huntrash x Garbage. It's also the dumbest and the cringiest thing ever created in human history.

I agree it's got some pacing issues, so of it feels down-rigth shallow or fillery but when it's good it hits some real highs, epically the king and the blind shoki players interaction. I can certainly think of worse arcs in anime😅
Jun 9, 2021 5:14 PM

Sep 2014
momentie said:
Hrybami said:

I agree it's got some pacing issues, so of it feels down-rigth shallow or fillery but when it's good it hits some real highs, epically the king and the blind shoki players interaction. I can certainly think of worse arcs in anime😅

I don't think you agree lol. The king and the blind interaction was one of the worst thing about the arc.
Jun 9, 2021 5:17 PM
Jan 2021
Hrybami said:
I mean the first episode of NHK, one of your favourites, started off pretty cringeworthy too...
Jun 9, 2021 5:18 PM
Jul 2020
Chimera ant is either a huge hit or a massive miss
Jun 9, 2021 5:18 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Hrybami said:
momentie said:

I don't think you agree lol. The king and the blind interaction was one of the worst thing about the arc.

With respect in what way? Just saying, it's trash or one of the 'wost' parts doesn't really tell me anything😅

Like this is anime were talking about, there's a lot of worst arcs😅, there's definetly worse things made by humanity lol😅. I had a look at your list and I can't help but find it bizare. You've clearly seen loads of shows and have your own opinions so it's kinda baffling why you've taken to being so hxh negative in particular. Like I'm not even a big hxh fan but How'd did it score all the way down as a 1 or do you score shows purely based on your feelings rather then objective values? Just wondering.
momentieJun 9, 2021 6:21 PM
Jun 9, 2021 5:22 PM
Feb 2021
It's either Greed Island or Zoldyck family
Jun 9, 2021 5:23 PM

Dec 2016
Why te fuck people choose Zoldyck family? What is wrong with it? What bad thing can you say about it?

The worst is Election arc.
Jun 9, 2021 5:28 PM
May 2021
Hrybami said:

Uh... how? I can understand if you don't like it but isn't that going a bit too far?

I find it funny how Chimera Ant arc is so divisive. Some people think it's the best thing ever invented while others hate it. It's like the Evangelion of HxH arcs.

OT: Zoldyck Family is the worst arc. It's not bad, but it barely counts as an arc.
Jun 9, 2021 5:28 PM

Jan 2020
Overseeridk said:
Pyro81300 said:

i agree but it's no where near the worst arc, it has one of the best antagonist in anime and iconic moments like gons rage, neteros speech, killuas godspeed, its a fantastic arc and i got no idea how people voted it the worst arc

I'd agree, but that's just how the pacing is for some peeps lol.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Jun 9, 2021 6:33 PM
Apr 2021
This may be controversial, but I didn’t like the pacing in the chimera ant arc too much
Jun 9, 2021 6:35 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly none tbh but my least favorite was definitely greed island and its a solid 7.5/10
Jun 9, 2021 6:37 PM
Feb 2016
There's nothing bad with zoldick family, also greed island is my favorite arc of the anime. Chimera has a lot of failures but has its good points, but I dont understand why election has so few votes, the only good thing I remember there is the Gon and Ging meet
Jun 9, 2021 6:38 PM
Feb 2021
Solace546 said:
First time it was probably Chimera ant arc, second time it was Greed Island or Zoldyck and now it's probably Heaven's Arena with Zoldyck right behind

All I know is Yorknew and Election have always been my top two. Right now Chimera is third and I love it, especially compared to my first time

The election arc wasn’t even that good
Jun 9, 2021 6:46 PM
Jan 2021
joshuakaisen12 said:
Solace546 said:

The election arc wasn’t even that good
well I hate to break it to you, but unfortunately people have different taste. I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you
Jun 9, 2021 6:57 PM
May 2021
Chimera arc was amazing and greed island is one of the best isekai ever (the arc is better than all of SAO). Yorknew city was so forgettable (I had to search up which arc it was) and also anything involving kurapika and his eyes ijust felt too similar to the sharingan drama in Naruto (special red eyeball stealing blah blah).
Jun 9, 2021 7:34 PM
Apr 2021
Hunter exams was just boring imo. Chimera was really good I don’t think it should be up as #1 worst arc in the show. It’s YALL opinion tho
Jun 9, 2021 7:50 PM

Apr 2021
Probably Hunter exam or greed island arc.
Jun 9, 2021 8:17 PM
Mar 2021
Even if you think the ant arc was poorly paced or boring, how is Zoldyck Family not the clear one? It was only 3 episodes and brought so much less to the world of HxH than the ant arc. Greed Island’s bomber is probably the worst villain in the series too.
Jun 9, 2021 8:19 PM

Jan 2020
None. All arcs are 10/10 masterpieces and perfect in their own way and all add something important for the series

Jun 9, 2021 8:26 PM

Feb 2021
Zoldyk Family Arc, there's really no interesting events in this arc...
Jun 9, 2021 8:29 PM

Dec 2020
I think
Chimera Ant > Yorknew City > Greed Island > Heavens Arena > Chairman Selection > Hunter Exam > Zoldyak Family
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - May 5, 2012

109 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mirorin - Apr 28, 2012

99 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Apr 21, 2012

124 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - May 3, 2012

155 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Avato-chan - Apr 7, 2012

107 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.