Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 11, 2021 4:54 PM
Sep 2015
Delirium231 said:

Only speculations on your part, the fact of the matter is it was never explained nor did they gave any hints, and I doubt it will ever be explained. The brother was looking for her for a long time and finally found her. The most logical thing to do at that point is to ask answers and give explanations but non whatsoever explaining how he found her which make it feel contrived.

Now the author tries to paint the rapist as a good guy and even tries to help Sayu from her brother when just days ago he tried to blackmail her and tried to rape her. The author is clearly trying to redeem his character.
It's not contrived just because you can't think of a logical explanation. It's easily possible for the president of a large corporation to fund a manhunt and find someone. Especially when that someone isn't really trying to hide. CCTV cameras are a thing you know. The author doesn't have to explain every little detail to you, especially ones that don't matter to the story that they are trying to tell. Either use your imagination or stop asking these silly questions because no answer will satisfy you.
Jun 11, 2021 5:37 PM
Dec 2017
swn said:
Delirium231 said:

Only speculations on your part, the fact of the matter is it was never explained nor did they gave any hints, and I doubt it will ever be explained. The brother was looking for her for a long time and finally found her. The most logical thing to do at that point is to ask answers and give explanations but non whatsoever explaining how he found her which make it feel contrived.

Now the author tries to paint the rapist as a good guy and even tries to help Sayu from her brother when just days ago he tried to blackmail her and tried to rape her. The author is clearly trying to redeem his character.
It's not contrived just because you can't think of a logical explanation. It's easily possible for the president of a large corporation to fund a manhunt and find someone. Especially when that someone isn't really trying to hide. CCTV cameras are a thing you know. The author doesn't have to explain every little detail to you, especially ones that don't matter to the story that they are trying to tell. Either use your imagination or stop asking these silly questions because no answer will satisfy you.

It does feel contrived and forced when there is literally no explanation how he found her.
Jun 11, 2021 7:30 PM
Sep 2015
Delirium231 said:

It does feel contrived and forced when there is literally no explanation how he found her.
The writers assume a certain level of intelligence from the audience so that they don't have to spoon-feed every other pointless detail. Otherwise they would spend all the time answering these stupid questions instead of focusing on the actual story.
Jun 12, 2021 3:09 AM
Dec 2017
swn said:
Delirium231 said:

The writers assume a certain level of intelligence from the audience so that they don't have to spoon-feed every other pointless detail. Otherwise they would spend all the time answering these stupid questions instead of focusing on the actual story.

The brother showing up and finally finding Sayu is literally an important "plot point" in the story and the author not explaining how he found her in the end is nonsensical. That is why him suddenly showing up without explanation of how he got there in the end feels forced and contrived especially when you have such a huge moment like that. How hard is it for you to understand? When you have such a huge moment in a story with an important character with the initial premise of finding his sister that could potentially change the dynamic of the story and for the author to never explain how that important character got there in the first place is just lousy writing.
Delirium231Jun 12, 2021 9:12 AM
Jun 12, 2021 8:06 AM

May 2015
So her dad was like: Is it a boy or abortion? :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 12, 2021 10:13 AM
Sep 2015
Delirium231 said:

The brother showing up and finally finding Sayu is literally an important "plot point" in the story and the author not explaining how he found her in the end is nonsensical. That is why him suddenly showing up without explanation of how he got there in the end feels forced and contrived especially when you have such a huge moment like that. How hard is it for you to understand? When you have such a huge moment in a story with an important character with the initial premise of finding his sister that could potentially change the dynamic of the story and for the author to never explain how that important character got there in the first place is just lousy writing.
Some plot points are left open to speculation because it won't change the outcome. If you lack the imagination or the intelligence to fill up those gaps on your own, then maybe why don't you message the author on twitter to have him spoon feed you?
swnJun 12, 2021 10:16 AM
Jun 12, 2021 12:28 PM
Dec 2017
swn said:
Delirium231 said:

Some plot points are left open to speculation because it won't change the outcome. If you lack the imagination or the intelligence to fill up those gaps on your own, then maybe why don't you message the author on twitter to have him spoon feed you?

Like I said the brother's initial premise was "finding" his sister and to never explain anything how he suddenly finds her location during an important plot point is lousy writing. But I digress this show is full of nonsensical moments like Sayu giggling with the rapist after being threatened with blackmail and almost being raped by him and the author trying to somehow redeem his character.
Jun 13, 2021 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
I have watched too much anime where the Onii chan of the protagonist is a degenerate and does lewd stuff to the protagonist. I thought Sayu's older brother was a mean person but is actually a well-educated caring person. He is the best Onii chan! We must protect!
Jun 13, 2021 2:39 PM

Sep 2018
Delirium231 said:
swn said:

Like I said the brother's initial premise was "finding" his sister and to never explain anything how he suddenly finds her location during an important plot point is lousy writing. But I digress this show is full of nonsensical moments like Sayu giggling with the rapist after being threatened with blackmail and almost being raped by him and the author trying to somehow redeem his character.

Instead of bickering why not have a think about the circumstances.

To me it's clear, Airi started investigating and found Sayu's family.

She reached out directly to Issa and they've been meeting up and strategizing for at least a month now on the best time and place to corner Sayu, And since Issa is an actual proper adult unlike Yoshida and has been staying a very nicely appointed hotel locally, Airi is no longer a virgin. As can be seen from her recent rather nonchalant attitude.

What happens next is Airi and Issa get married and offer to take in Sayu (this especially makes sense to Airi given her own background)

The show ends with Yoshida makes a desperate play for Sayu and Airi threatening to cut off his balls for going near her "adopted" teenage daughter.

The epilogue sees Yoshida in an abusive relationship with Yuzuha who turns out to be exactly the type of psychopath we all imagined she would be.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 14, 2021 12:49 AM

May 2009
That was boring as fuck
Jun 14, 2021 10:54 PM

Apr 2018
Well looks like Yoshida is going to Hokkaido with Sayu to make her feel better.
Jun 15, 2021 8:33 AM

Jun 2016
Ooo he loves her a lot to make that tough decision.
Jun 17, 2021 9:06 AM
Oct 2009
I think age gap stories can work if you can emphasize that the younger character is at *least* mentally mature enough to make their relationship decisions and if the other character isn't too much of an authority figure for them. Now this show is just the opposite of that, and this episode even highlighted how Yoshida is "like a parental figure to Sayu", now that's pretty icky...

Other than that, still bored. I miss the crazy stupid drama of the first couple of episodes.
Jun 25, 2021 2:26 AM
Sep 2020
Yoshida just said I bought her in coz she was cute...allowed her to crawl into her bed and stuff..I feel like Yoshida is a closet pervert..he acts all mature but on the inside....He is going bonkers with l**t...This is borderl*ne He**ai already...just missing the last step...less BS this episode
Jul 13, 2021 11:10 AM

Jul 2020
We are on the thin line. The best place to stay. But about to derail. Hope they stay like father and daughter
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Jul 21, 2021 12:42 AM

Aug 2018
lol.. Yoshida's friend is another stubborn guy with "only my opinion is true one", lol.. That scene when they talk in the car - just bruh.. I don't agree with many of things he said, which is fine.. But his "only this is true" attitude is just facepalm worthy, and kind of funny, lol.. I guess, birds of the feather flock together, or something.. 2 stubborn guys..
Also why really to get fired from work?.. Can't he take vacation without pay instead?.. I imagine that Gotou would give it to him.. I mean, how long talk with some mom would take?.. A day?.. A week maximum?.. It's either they'd talk things out or not..
Aug 11, 2021 2:50 AM

Jun 2020
I mean it's always a good thing at least one person has genuine feelings towards Sayu and damn Sayu's brother explaining more in-depth that really happened before Sayu was born was just horrible

Yoshida sure doesn't want to realize what he's been caring for up until today he should just listen to what he really wants rather than just thinking of it to death considering all the projects that he's been working on

I was also concerned about what happened at the end but at least Sayu's safe, One last night before she goes back home and they're really close tonight, Well I guess Yoshida is keeping up with Sayu and helping her confront her mother till the end.
Aug 28, 2021 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
Both Sayu's parents are shitty people. Sayu's father for having many affairs but at least he made it clear he didn't want to be the father (demanding the abortion definitely made that clear) and mother even more trash for using the pregnancy to trap him in staying and when that failed didn't gave any love to poor Sayu like a mother should do.

Oct 1, 2021 9:08 PM

Jan 2019
"I'll go with you to see your mother."

Very sweet, but also maybe the worst idea I've ever heard. Our man is asking for jail time lol.
Mar 28, 2022 2:52 PM

Aug 2017
Scoring this 6/10 now, dropping over time. How can MC work like this? Nonsense.

He should've just laid the pipe on the girl from the start and stayed with her, if he doesn't mind her dirtiness. The age difference is not that much.

Suzie said:
Other than that, still bored. I miss the crazy stupid drama of the first couple of episodes.

Yeah it's getting kinda bad. Early on i thought it should be rated higher, but now i see why it's not.
May 25, 2022 6:55 AM
Sep 2021
Good episode 👏 Yoshida has finally taught that he will go with sayu to her home and see how the situation is and will also support her.

I give this episode 7/10.
Jul 19, 2022 10:01 AM
Dec 2021
This ep kinda got me in tears
:>>>>>>>>>>>>>> add me please if I want to have friend to watch anime together
Jan 21, 2023 5:44 AM
Sep 2020
Tragedy, Romance, Friendship.
Mar 17, 2023 9:06 AM

Apr 2013
His colleague sure talks a lot about how to handle Sayu for someone who has never seen or talked to her before lol
Seems like the last three episodes will only be about Yoshida and Sayu in Hokkaido, guess the Gotou story line ended some episodes ago.
May 1, 2023 12:20 AM

Oct 2022
The way everyone in the office, or at least his close friends took up his workload and let him go. That's what it means to have a good support group.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 9, 3:40 PM

Nov 2022
Welp, I guess Mishima's is back in her colleague zone at this point...
And also, Yoshida's got a real homie and knock some sense to him...what a friend.
RawrOMGJan 9, 3:45 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

185 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 12, 8:09 PM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.