Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 9, 2021 6:00 PM

Oct 2017
The same reason people root for Walter White in Breaking Bad, or any anti-hero in general. The reasons are too complex to go over right now. But I don't think you can make someone understand. You either get it or you don't. If you don't, then you need to re-evaluate some seriously deep aspects of how you view life. Chances are your moral compass is too rigid and you don't have an appreciation for the greyness of morality and many other little subtle ironies of the human condition.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 9, 2021 6:13 PM
Feb 2021
I didn't care who would win in the end.
Jun 9, 2021 9:45 PM
Jun 2021
Because everyone believed in his beliefs,
Everyone wanted criminals to be punished so they root for kira
Jun 9, 2021 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
The world is shit and Light knows that well. Killing will always be wrong but some people just deserve it. He obtained power to change what is unchangeable and I guess a lot of people just wanted to see how far he could he go with it.
Jun 9, 2021 11:25 PM
May 2021
I don’t think it comes as a surprise that a lot of people sympathize with the idea that the world is shit, a lot of fucked up things happen and they’re all mostly people’s fault. I suppose the fantasy of having someone to hold accountable for all of that messed up stuff is quite appealing.
Jun 10, 2021 7:24 AM
Oct 2016
i never liked light honestly. thinking that he can play god when he's just a mere human. thinking he is never going to lose. thinking that he can erase evil. not saying he wasn't right about the world but thinking he's more than a human is what made me dislike him. in the beginning he was supposed to kill criminals yet he killed everyone that stood in his way. how is this erasing evil? i decided to watch this again after 10 years and finished moments ago and even in my second time i still felt sad for light despite everything.
Jun 10, 2021 8:14 AM

Aug 2020
LustKamisama said:
_GinpachiSensei_ said:

I understand your point, people with heinous crimes deserve to die, but isn't it is a means of escape. It is more satisfying to see them suffer in jail for the rest of their lives than giving simple death. Also, there are some innocent people who are wrongly accused of the crime they never committed. In my opinion, nobody deserves to die. Killing criminals for their crimes is revenge, not Justice.

It’s not killing criminals that Light is doing, it’s the ability to oppressive those outside the reach of righteous law. You built your argument around law is absolute justice while he’s presenting a situation where law itself is corrupted. So if the authorities itself is the source of injustices who put them to jail.

From 1st country with a refined justice system it’s the norm and easy but even 2nd world like India, Thailand, etc. having many history like these like alone 3rd world countries.

Then there’s also situation where criminals don’t even cared about getting jailed and redo the same crime after their sentence is done.

yeah man, you completely get my point, that's what i was trying to say
Jun 11, 2021 3:37 AM
Mar 2020
In a war each side thinks they both have a justified reason. Some people could have found kira more relatable or likeable. Or joust have seen his caus as more righteous with goal of a new peaceful world free of crime
Jun 11, 2021 11:15 AM
Apr 2021
Tbh i rooted for Kira. But if L would’ve been the one to catch kira i wouldn’t be upset about it. I hate near lmao
Jun 12, 2021 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
I'm rooting for him cause he is so cool stfu, and also this fiction doesn't really care about his actions nor do you want to say I'm a psychopath.
Jun 14, 2021 5:12 AM

May 2021
I do not support him but I can see where people are coming from since I used to be on his side at some point .

At first he was all about killing the bad peoples especially rapists , murderers , kidnappers etc And I used to root for him in that moment since I sorta agree with . This world really IS rotten place and those type of people really need to either change or die to make this world a better place but eventually Kira started killing innocents for his own survival which made him just as equal as the other criminals in my opinion and that's when I stopped rooting for him maybe some people think that killing criminals and your own survival both are equally important and that's why they root for him ? I guess we all have our own perspectives.

Jun 15, 2021 2:36 AM

Jan 2021
The same way people like incel Eren...
Jun 15, 2021 4:00 AM

Nov 2020
People don’t root him because of his actions it’s because of his character . You will never see a character like him . And your favourite character is 3rd most favourited so what is bugging you or are you blinded by Light’s hate . Keep your opinion to yourself my guy
Jun 15, 2021 4:40 PM

Jul 2016
I rooted for Kira because I just wanted to see a protagonist that wasn't good and was evil and you don't really see much of that in anime.

Yeah he was a psychopath and did horrible things and I don't justify any of that but the anti-hero protagonist is a really interesting and rare troupe
Jun 15, 2021 8:36 PM

Sep 2020
I root for kira , you think rapist and murder should live freely after what they have done to the socity ,

This world is rotten, and those who are making it rot deserve to die , it's simple as that
ZXEANJun 15, 2021 8:41 PM
Jun 15, 2021 8:54 PM

Sep 2015
He's a fun character, I don't need any other reasons.

I find him way more interesting than L.
Jun 18, 2021 2:25 AM
Dec 2013
Same reason why people root for Dexter Morgan in Dexter.
Jun 18, 2021 2:42 AM

Sep 2015
KiR4T said:

What makes Eren an incel? Is it something in the manga? Because in the anime he shows no interest in romance... or is incel just a general insult?
Jun 18, 2021 2:30 PM
Jun 2013
Hard to take anything seriously when the first comment is basically telling you're probably a psychopath for liking a fictional character in a shounen manga for teenagers and the next comments dont get much better kkkk
Jun 18, 2021 9:13 PM

Jan 2021
Geel said:
KiR4T said:

What makes Eren an incel? Is it something in the manga? Because in the anime he shows no interest in romance... or is incel just a general insult?

A little manga spoilers, so yeah
Jun 19, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
I root for Kira because he has God Complex.
Jun 23, 2021 4:41 AM

Feb 2020
I was definitely team L until you know. The story really dropped off for me after that.
Jun 24, 2021 5:15 AM
Jun 2021
This is why I didn’t like the show…. Kira is evil af, and in a way that doesn’t feel like he’s earned the right idk. It’s just a difference when he’s whining than when someone like Vegeta is whining. And L was kinda an idiot for someone who was supposed to be so smart…… I struggled to make it through the last 15 episodes ….. such a drag
Jun 26, 2021 6:08 AM
Apr 2019
He was just at first and we get taken down the route of madness with him so unless your constantly thinking about how evil he is or if you take a break he can almost rationalize his craziness to everyone but if you were to stop watching in the middle and pick it back up your view would be rest and you would realize that light is absolutely crazy. Or at least that's how I see it.
Jun 26, 2021 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Death note was never a clash between good and evil. It is a clash between morally ambiguous justices. L was never in the right, even he used very underhanded and borderline criminal methods to catch Kira. So it is always fun seeing how light would escape out of the trap L set out for him. This man's sheer intelligence and uncertainity in how he will escape L's traps makes people root for him.

I dont think anyone actually agrees with his ideology though
Jun 26, 2021 6:40 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think kira was wrong he just wants to kill criminals yeah I know he kill some inocents but he only did that just for save his identity and killing some inocents is just a small investment for make a better world lol, if like to kira makes me a psychopath, so maybe I'm
removed-userJun 26, 2021 6:51 AM
Jun 26, 2021 9:08 AM
Jan 2021
_GinpachiSensei_ said:
You might be a psychopath or something if you root for Kira because of his actions. What are your views about it?
I personally root for L but I also like light unlike other psychopaths he isn’t a psycho for no reason at all, he despises the current way the world is working and is trying to make it better and in that path he became a edge lord.
Jun 30, 2021 1:07 PM
Jan 2021
I support his idealogy but not his actions. I can't root a person who killed innocent ones for his reasons only and his attitude towards killing (I think it's only mentioned once and then completely forgotten, like he's doing it for fun (which he isn't)). I like him as a character (and prefer him from L). I don't think you have to root a character in order to like him.
Tbh, the characters aren't what got me intrested and why it's one of my favorite shows, it was the concept, the mostly good execution and the intelligence it brought that made this show incredible in my opinion.
Zuko182Jun 30, 2021 1:14 PM
Jul 2, 2021 9:57 AM

Jan 2020
His actions is rather useless, since god exists and will punish criminals anyways, but i just like his characters
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jul 7, 2021 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
People root for Kira because the so called enforcers of law and law itself can't do shit to punish the criminals. Kira single-handedly eliminated crime and after his demise crime rate started to pop up again.

There is a notable paradox. The paradox of tolerance, it says that if you show tolerance towards intolerance then intolerants will win over the tolerant ones.

So in a similar way Kira justified his actions by citing this paradox, that law abiding folks being meek and tolerant of law breakers will lead the world to nowhere. So Kira took it up on himself to clean this mess.

Kira's philosophy was simply this, ``Criminals don't deserve to live. They lost their right to life when they chose to intervene another's right to life, liberty, property, happiness etc.``

So this is what one calls vigilante justice. Kira is your classic anti-hero veering towards the villain that he despises.
Jul 7, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2019
Why do people root for L?
Jul 7, 2021 12:19 PM

Jan 2021
Probably because people like to root for MC’s.
Honestly idk lol
Jul 8, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2009
Because some people have a natural tendency to admire the antihero and because he makes direct and strict visible changes to society, the kind we all live to see.
Jul 14, 2021 3:05 PM
May 2021
I root for Light because this show is basically a long ass propaganda film for the Japanese don't stray from the Collective mind attitude.

People try and wrap it up into this "modern masterpiece" but it's just another regurgitated "don't stray from societal norms or you'll end up being punished" snorefest.

I identify with Light as a rebel against a repressed society. I don't agree with his actions but I can see how he came to that conclusion given that Japan has one of the highest suicide rates they don't need a Death Note. Their society does a good enough job of making people do it themselves through forcing people to confirm to an unrealistic expectation...

Rooting for anyone apart from Light to me is like rooting for the Machines in the Matrix. But I am an INTJ so meh...
Jul 15, 2021 10:47 AM
Feb 2021
_GinpachiSensei_ said:
You might be a psychopath or something if you root for Kira because of his actions. What are your views about it?

I mean, 70% decrease in crime rate speaks for itself. So does the fact that crime rates returned to normal after he died. If killing Kira was so necessary they should've atleast be silent about it & not let the news spread.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.