Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2021 3:26 AM

Sep 2020
in my opinion which some of you will tell me to put in the trashbin , this season's original anime by WIT studio got alot praise and i cant understand it , when i ask poeple first thing they say "ANIMATION" , it didnt empress me since its generic then 3 seconds of GOD TIER FACE DETAILS but the grounds and music are verygood
The story however , AI time traveling to prevent future AI REVLOLUTION while developing feelings as a ROBOT , some poeple i talked even said its better than AOT can u imagine that , Characters are fine since they apear for 1-2 eps at max , we dont see alot from them
Vivy -Fluorite Eye's Song- should be 8.10 at max , im not a hater just cant understand
comment subjectively

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 6, 2021 3:31 AM

Feb 2013
robot singer girl is cute, i already preordered 90k yen worth of merch
Jun 6, 2021 3:40 AM

Nov 2018
"My opinion of the show isn't reflected in its score on MAL, can't understand why people's opinions differ from mine, yada yada yada."
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jun 6, 2021 3:45 AM

Sep 2020
_cjessop19_ said:
"My opinion of the show isn't reflected in its score on MAL, can't understand why people's opinions differ from mine, yada yada yada."
u gave it a 999999999999999999999999999 , sorry then

Jun 6, 2021 3:45 AM

Aug 2019
this is pretty ironic coming from a dude that has JJK in their favorites, how many people do you think share the same opinion about that show that you do for Vivy?

bottom line is you shouldn’t care about other people’s opinions, and that includes the rating of an anime
Jun 6, 2021 3:47 AM

Aug 2020
Here before someone says "Anything is better than AOT".

Vivy has been good so far and if it goes at this pace, it will have a drop in rating and be somewhere around 8.2 to 8.3. But the rating may rise based on the ending.
Jun 6, 2021 3:47 AM

Nov 2018
r41venN said:
_cjessop19_ said:
u gave it a 999999999999999999999999999 , sorry then

Unlike you, I actually really enjoy this series. What can you do?

Also, "comment subjectively", so I did.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jun 6, 2021 4:01 AM

Sep 2018
Yeah I agree but a thread like this is pointless. No one is supposed to like every single anime from the top 100.
Jun 6, 2021 4:02 AM

Jan 2020
Agree , definitely Demon Slayer of the year
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jun 6, 2021 4:03 AM
May 2020
I pity you, for not enjoying such an anime. Ooh, what a truly sad moment I witness here.
Jun 6, 2021 4:03 AM

Nov 2019
why don't you talk about AoT ss4, insta 9? This is just a small fry.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 6, 2021 4:04 AM

Jun 2016
Vivy satisfies Theo1899's robot girl fetish.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 6, 2021 4:07 AM

Mar 2017
I'm planning to watch it. Can someone answer this - Is Vivy like Violet Evergarden where every episode they push down our throat that violet is an emotionless doll and then every episode things happen which develop emotions in her?
Jun 6, 2021 4:07 AM

May 2021
op has jujutsu kaisen as a 10, probably would have given a 10 to vivy if vivy was an edgy boy or something like that and got scared of the cleveage and not being able to use vivy's picture as a edge icon

Jun 6, 2021 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
I very much agree with you. Vivy's strongest is on its animation and OST, not much to the story though. Similar anime with undeserving scores are JJK and KnY. Those scores should be 8.30 max and 8.10 max, respectively. But don't worry, if Vivy completes airing, the score will decrease.
removed-userJun 6, 2021 4:35 AM
Jun 6, 2021 4:15 AM
Mar 2020
n__k said:
I'm planning to watch it. Can someone answer this - Is Vivy like Violet Evergarden where every episode they push down our throat that violet is an emotionless doll and then every episode things happen which develop emotions in her?
I haven't actually watched Violet Evergarden (yet) but yes, essentially it is. It's an AI in a human world that will get overrun by AIs in the future if she doesn't change certain events. The consequences of altering time and the changing of events develop emotions in her and it makes her even more human-like (but not truly so). Also, the music is really fucking good and action scenes are top notch.
Jun 6, 2021 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
r41venN said:
in my opinion which some of you will tell me to put in the trashbin , this season's original anime by WIT studio got alot praise and i cant understand it , when i ask poeple first thing they say "ANIMATION" , it didnt empress me since its generic then 3 seconds of GOD TIER FACE DETAILS but the grounds and music are verygood
The story however , AI time traveling to prevent future AI REVLOLUTION while developing feelings as a ROBOT , some poeple i talked even said its better than AOT can u imagine that , Characters are fine since they apear for 1-2 eps at max , we dont see alot from them
Vivy -Fluorite Eye's Song- should be 8.10 at max , im not a hater just cant understand
comment subjectively
People have different tastes, you not liking what other like doesn't make overrated in the least. You should try not giving a fuck about scores it'll be a lot better
Jun 6, 2021 4:18 AM

Mar 2017
Ethitlan said:
n__k said:
I haven't actually watched Violet Evergarden (yet) but yes, essentially it is. It's an AI in a human world that will get overrun by AIs in the future if she doesn't change certain events. The consequences of altering time and the changing of events develop emotions in her and it makes her even more human-like (but not truly so). Also, the music is really fucking good and action scenes are top notch.
Ohh sounds cool. Thanks for answering.
Jun 6, 2021 4:20 AM
Dec 2007
n__k said:

It does tackle themes like like what it means to be a human, but that's really par for the course for something like this. Its has a MUCH heavier action focus than Violet Evergarden. I like Violet Evergarden alot, but the shows are pretty different.
Jun 6, 2021 4:25 AM

Mar 2019
"X anime is overrated."
"Why do people like shit I don't?"
"People who like X anime have shit taste"
"How can this trash be rated above my copy paste shonen or my favourite unwatched boring snoozefest?"
🤡

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Jun 6, 2021 4:25 AM

Mar 2020
r41venN said:
comment subjectively

You’re a newbie so you probably don’t understand it…

But anyone who player Nier Automata which is one of the greatest games ever created which has a similar story will be hooked into Vivy cause it feels similar.
But even without that, the semi-episodic nature of the show and the atmosphere combined with the music instantly makes this show the AOTS for me
Jun 6, 2021 4:26 AM

May 2021
The rating will most likely decrease as more people rate it and as it gains more members.
Idk man, you are complaining about the story even though you have JJK in your favorites.
I haven't watched it yet, but the animation seems pretty nice from the fight scenes and clips I've seen.

Give it a bad rating or drop it if you don't like it, the end.
Jun 6, 2021 4:27 AM
Apr 2016
r41venN said:
comment subjectively
Why do you care so much about what do people enjoy? I really don't get it. Just let them watch what they want and you watch what you want... I also don't understand why do some people, like/dislike some anime when I feel completely differently, but it's their opinion and they can do whatever they want. They're not hurting me by it in any way and I don't create threads complaining about it.
Jun 6, 2021 4:43 AM

Jan 2020
n__k said:

Kinda, but this time they blend it with cool terminator stuff and each "counseling" needs 2-3 episodes instead one
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jun 6, 2021 4:50 AM

Sep 2020
JanPri said:
r41venN said:
comment subjectively
Why do you care so much about what do people enjoy? I really don't get it. Just let them watch what they want and you watch what you want... I also don't understand why do some people, like/dislike some anime when I feel completely differently, but it's their opinion and they can do whatever they want. They're not hurting me by it in any way and I don't create threads complaining about it.
tbh i made this cz i said Vinland saga is a must read manga and he started talking shit the same thing i did here , later on he told another one Vivy is a masterpiece then i been like WTF

Jun 6, 2021 4:50 AM

Nov 2016
Vivy surpassed AoT S1? Time to create an overrated thread.

You can't make this shit up 😂

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 6, 2021 4:54 AM
Oct 2020
what's that? sounds boring is it the new seasonal.hmm i think i'll shit on it if i watch that
Jun 6, 2021 4:54 AM

Apr 2021
You shouldn't expect yourself to agree with the mal scores for every single anime.
Jun 6, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2021
It’s just what happens with seasonals, don’t take it to heart.
Jun 6, 2021 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Are we really gonna create an overrated thread every season if that's the case then Fruits Basket, To your eternity and Vivy are overrated because they are higher rated than my favorite anime.
Jun 6, 2021 5:02 AM
May 2021
I think this anime deserves this rating. Especially the animations and fight scenes get 10 out of 10. Wit studio does its job really well.👌🙂✨
Jun 2019
i just want to say one thing to you, don't listen to what people say, people like it doesn't mean you like it, on the contrary, people don't like it doesn't mean you also don't like it. What 10 for other people can be 5 or even 1 for you, it is base on your enjoyment.

but tbh, you don't have to make a thread like this ffs. You will just embarassed yourself this way. Better to keep it to yourself or your circle if you don't like some anime, moreover if the anime has a huge fanbase, you will be a dead man if you messed up with people like that

May 2021
I think this anime deserves this rating. Especially the animations and fight scenes get 10 out of 10. Wit studio does its job really well.👌🙂✨
Jun 6, 2021 5:05 AM

Jul 2020
r41venN said:
comment subjectively
I think you don't realise the fact that the score depicts the opinion of the casual anime viewer. Casual viewers like these kind of shows and are generally not so critical when it comes to giving a score.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2021 5:23 AM
Sep 2020
r41venN said:
comment subjectively

its not hard to be better than aot, whats so surprising about that? the shit i take is better than aot
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Jun 6, 2021 5:31 AM

Nov 2020
wdym Vivy are great anime, even I didn't enjoy the music (it's not my taste). The story, animation, character I love it. I think is the better future AI anime than Beatless. and please don't compare other anime with different genre, it's pathetic.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jun 6, 2021 5:34 AM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
Honestly, I don't think VIVY of all anime really deserves to be in the "8.00 or higher" club. From what I've seen it's just pretty average. Maybe 7.25-ish?

But MAL average scores don't mean anything anyway, so what do I care? Lol
Kogasa-TataraJun 6, 2021 5:43 AM
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jun 6, 2021 5:37 AM

Mar 2020
I can easily believe it is better than AoT. I have heard good things about Vivy and not everyone compares all of their anime to a single show or holds AoT in such high regard. I don't watch anything until the season is over but I look forward to it.
Jun 6, 2021 5:44 AM

Jul 2017
Remind me WHY do people LOVE to create useless score threads like these. If you account exists to create these score threads, might as well don't make one in the first place and trigger people.

The answer is VERY simple: one word - in your own OPINION.

fleurella said:
Are we really gonna create an overrated thread every season if that's the case then Fruits Basket, To your eternity and Vivy are overrated because they are higher rated than my favorite anime.
SHOTS FIRED of FACTS right here. Literally EVERY score-based user are influenced of AOT hatred levels of "scoring".
Jun 6, 2021 5:47 AM
Dec 2017
I mean, Ex-arm is way better than AOT so I don't understand the comparison.

The animation in Ex-arm surpasses AOT by a huge margin and the infamous levi vs Kenny animation is shit.

Also there is no singer AI in AOT so I don't understand the question
Jun 6, 2021 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
People have different taste so it's natural to not like a particular show. Also the score of it isn't actually the final because it's currently airing. It'll increase or decrease.
Jun 6, 2021 5:54 AM

Feb 2020
Well I guess Vivy made it this is the first overrated tread I have seen. I guess since it got in the top 100 it's now overrated. The animation is actually good WIT is putting in a lot of effort into this I would compare it to JJKs animation easily. Story is not something you see everyday its kind of unique I don't get how people say it's generic and usually when people say it's generic they have nothing but generic shounen in their favs. Vivy reminds me of Violet Evergarden I think Violet is a very well written character and I want to see where they take Vivys character. Music is really great and it's has some good fights. And also this entire forum was create because you feel Vivy should be .4 lower. I like it so I will say it deserves it's spot more than most in the top 100 but that's my opinion. Also it's an anime original so the score is impressive.
Jun 6, 2021 5:56 AM

Jul 2019
Vivy is just fucking great. It has nice art, unique story, cool animation. It just works
Jun 6, 2021 5:57 AM

Feb 2020
fleurella said:

You pretty much hit the nail on the head I have already seen overrated threads for both Fruits Basket and To your eternity. So I guess Vivy made it it's now overrated just because it reached the top 100.
Jun 6, 2021 6:00 AM
Aug 2020
It's enjoyable. I was never subjective. I give 10s like candies to anime which are enjoyable.
Jun 6, 2021 6:13 AM

Jan 2020
CyborgSaber said:
Story is not something you see everyday its kind of unique I don't get how people say it's generic and usually when people say it's generic they have nothing but generic shounen in their favs.

>time travel to solve problems
>I want to learn emotions
>AI Rebel against humans

How is it not something you don't see everyday , unique , and the people who said it generic is a Shounen Jump adaptation anime Fan?
Jun 6, 2021 6:27 AM

Feb 2020
TimMarcus said:
CyborgSaber said:
Story is not something you see everyday its kind of unique I don't get how people say it's generic and usually when people say it's generic they have nothing but generic shounen in their favs.

>AI Rebel against humans

How is it not something you don't see everyday , unique , and the people who said it generic is a Shounen Jump adaptation anime Fan?

The guy who made the forum has a several shounen in it. And most of the time when people make these forums on why something is overrated they are huge shounen fans.

A story centered around time travel is hard to do for multiple reasons and the only anime that I know of to successfully pull it off is Steins;Gate.

The I want to learn emotions I have only truly seen done in Violet Evergarden which I compared the two main characters. Also I don't truly see that everyday.

AI Rebel against humans is not something I have seen in a lot of anime.

Yeah most of what you said is done to death if we include all media if that's what you where trying to get at but in terms of anime no its not. There isn't even that many futuristic type anime. So yeah for me this anime is something different.
Jun 6, 2021 6:41 AM

Jul 2020
Whenever someone says the word "generic" I immediately discredit their opinion when they don't even say "How it's generic?"
CyborgSaber said:
TimMarcus said:

>AI Rebel against humans

The guy who made the forum has a several shounen in it. And most of the time when people make these forums on why something is overrated they are huge shounen fans.

A story centered around time travel is hard to do for multiple reasons and the only anime that I know of to successfully pull it off is Steins;Gate.

The I want to learn emotions I have only truly seen done in Violet Evergarden which I compared the two main characters. Also I don't truly see that everyday.

AI Rebel against humans is not something I have seen in a lot of anime.

Yeah most of what you said is done to death if we include all media if that's what you where trying to get at but in terms of anime no its not. There isn't even that many futuristic type anime. So yeah for me this anime is something different.

You perfectly summed up my opinion.
ScordoloJun 6, 2021 6:54 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 6, 2021 6:51 AM
Feb 2021
8.52 quite low. i expect 8.70 :D
it has many similar to terminator i liket it
one thing i dislike is
"my mission is make everyone happy by singing quite annoying"
:(

anyway "better than AOT" Nah
Jun 6, 2021 6:56 AM
Jan 2017
Imagine if every user on MAL would start making threads about why the rating of a particular anime differs from what he/she wants it to be. Also I'm pretty active on the Vivy forum but OP is the first time I've seen someone comparing Vivy to AOT.

More importantly Vivy is a one cour anime with its titular character in its name. It's obvious that you wouldn't get a LOT of character development from the side characters, who appear for 2-3 episodes anyway. But to me that doesn't matter because Vivy's character seems excellently written and well fleshed out.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

370 by James-LastOmnic »»
Sep 10, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

166 by Shy »»
Aug 4, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

257 by xxfourthlement »»
Jul 24, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2021

161 by Aris97 »»
Jun 16, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
May 13, 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.