What's the difference between the uncensored version and the censored version

Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2021 12:31 AM
Jan 2020
Jevasamy said:
Censored means something inappropriate to be viewed is edited during the preview. Uncensored means no changes are required in a presentation or something though inappropriate has not been changed or modified .

the manji is pretty much a Hindu/Buddhist staple in addition to being present in indigenous NA culture..but yeah i get it why it's such a no no in western culture..

Further , To understand the situation, it should be noted that the name of the band in Japan is “Tokyo Manji Gang“, Which in Japanese is written as Tokyo Revengers, using a sauastika (卍) for your writing. It is not necessary to think much about it to identify why the symbol had to be censored outside of Japan, as it could easily be confused with the swastika (卐), which is commonly associated with Nazism, although they are completely different
Japan uses the Manji both left and right, meaning different things at times. This is a show made for kids especially Japanese children, Japan will stream the uncensored version on tv while the rest of the world will stream it censored so that the kids watching it won't go around drawing it for no reason because it is not their culture.
Aug 12, 2021 7:44 AM

Jan 2020
Pretty sure censored only removes the Manji symbol, not too sure though
Sep 13, 2021 1:35 PM
Sep 2021
Okay, so I get the fact that most people are too stupid to know the difference, but that is DEFINITELY not a nazi swastika. its a traditional one.
Jun 1, 2023 9:58 PM
Jun 2023
Hey!! Let me explain , why tokyo manji gang' symbol is like nazi's symbol (swastik)... Actually mikey's full name is sano manjiro, so the manjiro in his name means swastik in hindi laguage (indian ) and may be also in other languages..so as there president is sano manjiro there symbol is swastik which means manjiro in Japanese
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.