Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 5, 2021 11:35 PM
Jan 2021
As the LN ended I have a question if this is going to be the last season or if there is enough source material for another season?
Jun 6, 2021 12:34 AM
Feb 2021
There’s enough material to make at least 2 or 3 seasons more
Jun 6, 2021 12:37 AM

May 2021
Will the Other spirit will be shown in this season or not?
Jun 6, 2021 2:12 AM
Mar 2021
BlueWaze said:
There will be 2 spirits that will make their anime debut Mangaka Nia Honjou and Snowflake Mukuro Hoshimiya
Jun 6, 2021 5:09 AM
Sep 2020
Pain42199 said:
BlueWaze said:
There will be 2 spirits that will make their anime debut Mangaka Nia Honjou and Snowflake Mukuro Hoshimiya

Snowflake as in special?
Jun 6, 2021 8:26 AM
Nov 2020
HeadlessTenshi said:

Thank you Jesus, just discovered this anime less than 2 weeks ago and am caught up. Very Pog
Jun 7, 2021 6:21 AM
Jun 2020
I think they will make this 2 cour and I think the last season will be 1 cour in less than 2 years time and they'll make a movie about the True End.

I just hope after the series they'll make a Rinne Utopia short series just like the Date A Bullet.
Jun 17, 2021 9:37 AM
Jan 2020
It's possible for this to be the last season. If it's as long as the previous, then it's possible to cram 10 light novel volumes into 12-13 episodes. I don't recommend that because the pacing will most likely will be bad and there will be a lot of cut content. It crammed volume 12 into the last episode of season 3. Oregairu also did that with an episode in season 2. Preferably, there will be 60-80 to adapt the last 10 volumes unless they are shorter than the average light novel volume. I highly doubt that there will be 60-80 more episodes sadly.
No Game no Life season 2 officially announced.
You need to be an MAL supporter in order to view the rest of my signature.
Jun 17, 2021 1:56 PM
Jan 2020
el_mas_chin_gun said:
Preferably, there will be 60-80 to adapt the last 10 volumes unless they are shorter than the average light novel volume. I highly doubt that there will be 60-80 more episodes sadly.

60-80? I don't think it's going to be quite that much without a bunch of anime-exclusive fillers. Chances are, the rest of the story could be covered in about 36-52 episodes (taking into account fillers, a possible re-adaptation of volume 12 or just fillers with V12 content not used in season 3). We don't need 60.
Jun 17, 2021 2:24 PM

Nov 2017
el_mas_chin_gun said:
It's possible for this to be the last season. If it's as long as the previous, then it's possible to cram 10 light novel volumes into 12-13 episodes. I don't recommend that because the pacing will most likely will be bad and there will be a lot of cut content. It crammed volume 12 into the last episode of season 3. Oregairu also did that with an episode in season 2. Preferably, there will be 60-80 to adapt the last 10 volumes unless they are shorter than the average light novel volume. I highly doubt that there will be 60-80 more episodes sadly.

I don't know why you say 60 episodes, they don't need this huge number. 3-cour series (about 38 episodes) is enough and so good for the 10 volume remaining + We hope they will re-adaptation some information from volume 12.
Jun 17, 2021 2:31 PM
Jan 2020
88NickC said:
el_mas_chin_gun said:
Preferably, there will be 60-80 to adapt the last 10 volumes unless they are shorter than the average light novel volume. I highly doubt that there will be 60-80 more episodes sadly.

60-80? I don't think it's going to be quite that much without a bunch of anime-exclusive fillers. Chances are, the rest of the story could be covered in about 36-52 episodes (taking into account fillers, a possible re-adaptation of volume 12 or just fillers with V12 content not used in season 3). We don't need 60.

Accel_Kill said:
el_mas_chin_gun said:

I don't know why you say 60 episodes, they don't need this huge number. 3-cour series (about 38 episodes) is enough and so good for the 10 volume remaining + We hope they will re-adaptation some information from volume 12.

Anime adaptations of light novels need 6-8 episodes per volume in order to adapt everything without skipping too much content or bad pacing. If you do the math, then you would get 60-80 episodes. Several anime such as high school dxd, sao, grimgar, Maoyu ~ Archenemy & Hero, the devil is a part-timer and more have adapted 1 light novel volume into 6-8 episodes. Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers adapted 1 volume into 12 episodes and moribito adapted 1 volume into 26 episodes. ​If date a live light novel volumes are shorter than the average light novel volume, then it would need less than 6-8 episodes.
Jun 17, 2021 7:53 PM
Jan 2020
el_mas_chin_gun said:
Anime adaptations of light novels need 6-8 episodes per volume in order to adapt everything without skipping too much content or bad pacing. If you do the math, then you would get 60-80 episodes. Several anime such as high school dxd, sao, grimgar, Maoyu ~ Archenemy & Hero, the devil is a part-timer and more have adapted 1 light novel volume into 6-8 episodes. Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers adapted 1 volume into 12 episodes and moribito adapted 1 volume into 26 episodes. ​If date a live light novel volumes are shorter than the average light novel volume, then it would need less than 6-8 episodes.

Based on what the DAL anime gave us so far, each volume was adapted into no more than four episodes.

Those other anime you listed, obviously based on awfully long volumes of their light novels with too much essential content not to adapt.
Jun 17, 2021 10:01 PM
Jan 2020
88NickC said:
el_mas_chin_gun said:

Based on what the DAL anime gave us so far, each volume was adapted into no more than four episodes.

Those other anime you listed, obviously based on awfully long volumes of their light novels with too much essential content not to adapt.

Just because an anime adapts a manga or ln within a certain amount of episodes, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's enough. Take a certain magical index for instance! The reason why it's so hated is because it crammed too much into not enough episodes. It usually crammed 1 volume into 2-4 episodes with the exception of the volume 1 which was adapted into 6 episodes. Anyone who has watched index, especially index III, will complain about the bad pacing. Even the director and series compositioner for index III knew they didn't have enough episodes to adapt 9 volumes into III so they asked for the production committee for more episodes but they only gave them 2 more. If index had adapted every volume within 6-8 episodes, then people wouldn't hate it as much.

The majority of the other anime I listed most likely didn't have awfully long lns. Those lns were the average length of an ln which explains why they adapted 6-8 episodes per volume.
Jun 18, 2021 4:34 AM
Jan 2020
el_mas_chin_gun said:
88NickC said:

Just because an anime adapts a manga or ln within a certain amount of episodes, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's enough.

Aside from volume 12, 2-4 episodes (after removing inconsequential details) per volume is enough for Date A Live. 60+ episodes to adapt the rest is too much a stretch.
Jun 18, 2021 11:09 AM
Jan 2020
88NickC said:
el_mas_chin_gun said:

Just because an anime adapts a manga or ln within a certain amount of episodes, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's enough.

Aside from volume 12, 2-4 episodes (after removing inconsequential details) per volume is enough for Date A Live. 60+ episodes to adapt the rest is too much a stretch.

You're right. As long long as they just removed a few inconsequential details, 2-4 episodes are enough. I guess the DAL lns are shorter than the average ln which explains why they only need 2-4 episodes per volume instead of 6-8 episodes per volume. You should've said this from the beginning because then this argument wouldn't have lasted as long.
Jun 24, 2021 12:37 AM
Mar 2021
Probably not well it depends if Date a Live anime will Boost LN Sales, Also i'm guessing Date A Live Season 4 will most likely end on Volume 16, 3 eps every Volume if Date a live gets 12-13 eps it will be 3 eps for volume 13, 3 eps for volume 14, 3 eps for volume 15 and 3 eps for volume 16,Season 1 had good pacing and it adapted 4 volumes season 2 also had good pacing it adapted 3 volumes because season 2 only had 10 eps, season 3 had very bad pacing they removed tons of content from volume 8-9-12 also Phantoms Appearance in the LN had more impact to it while in the Anime it's not.
Jun 29, 2021 11:38 PM
Jun 2021
Then it going to be released online 🤔
Jun 29, 2021 11:38 PM
Jun 2021
Then it going to be released online 🤔
Jun 30, 2021 11:22 PM
Jan 2021
More kurumi then great..........
Jul 1, 2021 10:07 PM
Mar 2017
binoyvargas said:
I think they will make this 2 cour and I think the last season will be 1 cour in less than 2 years time and they'll make a movie about the True End.

I just hope after the series they'll make a Rinne Utopia short series just like the Date A Bullet.

I hope they make Rinne Utopia, Ars Install, and Rio Reincarnation as OVA as well
Jul 2, 2021 2:57 AM
Apr 2020
_UNKNOWN_USER_ said:
As the LN ended I have a question if this is going to be the last season or if there is enough source material for another season?

No way, season 3 ended at volume 13, we will probably go for 4 more volume to 17 when Kurumi were stabbed and that will be the end of this season.
Jul 2, 2021 2:27 PM
Jan 2020
28012001 said:
_UNKNOWN_USER_ said:

...season 3 ended at volume 13,...

Volume 12, actually.
Jul 28, 2021 4:54 PM
Jul 2021
TitaniumWorm said:
HeadlessTenshi said:

Thank you Jesus, just discovered this anime less than 2 weeks ago and am caught up. Very Pog

i haven't started season one, but I plan too, good to know that if I like it which I think I will, that its still got more content ahead
Aug 8, 2021 8:30 PM
Jan 2021
el_mas_chin_gun said:

Well, considering that the studio isn’t JC again this season, the pacing will probably be nice and stable. Typically, light novel anime adapt 1 volume in 3-4 episodes, so if there are 10 volumes left, then there could be around 30-40 episodes left, or between 3 and 5 seasons.
Aug 8, 2021 10:10 PM
Jan 2020
gasman66 said:
el_mas_chin_gun said:

Well, considering that the studio isn’t JC again this season, the pacing will probably be nice and stable. Typically, light novel anime adapt 1 volume in 3-4 episodes, so if there are 10 volumes left, then there could be around 30-40 episodes left, or between 3 and 5 seasons.

Yep, that will probably happen in the end. According to @88NickC, DAL can accurately adapt 1 volume into 2-4 episodes without skipping too much or bad pacing. It turns out that I was wrong about 60-80 episodes because date a live is shorter than the other light novels. Trying to figure out how many episodes it takes to adapt a light novel can be tricky.
Aug 8, 2021 11:11 PM
Jan 2021
el_mas_chin_gun said:
gasman66 said:

Yep, that will probably happen in the end. According to @88NickC, DAL can accurately adapt 1 volume into 2-4 episodes without skipping too much or bad pacing. It turns out that I was wrong about 60-80 episodes because date a live is shorter than the other light novels. Trying to figure out how many episodes it takes to adapt a light novel can be tricky.

Indeed. There are some shows that adapt whole volumes in a single episode(eg DAL, ironically enough) and then there are shows like 86, which adapted 1 volume in 11 episodes.
Aug 9, 2021 1:15 PM
Jan 2020
gasman66 said:
el_mas_chin_gun said:

Indeed. There are some shows that adapt whole volumes in a single episode(eg DAL, ironically enough) and then there are shows like 86, which adapted 1 volume in 11 episodes.

I have no idea what they were thinking when they adapted 1 DAL volume into 1 episode. It definitely needed more episodes to adapt that volume. It lead to people hating on that episode because of it. 86 had 1 volume adapted into 11 episodes because volume 1 had a total of 256 pages and it added anime original content. In the end, the amount of episodes per volume all depends on how many pages a light novel has.
Aug 11, 2021 6:57 AM
Jan 2021
nah..i don't think. I mean, after this season there will be more material from LN. If this adapts 4 volumes, from 13-16, then there is enough material for 2 more seasons. I don't think they'll stop here with this series, they went this far for this series. If they do a good work on this new season, i'm sure enough they will do another sequel.
Sep 1, 2021 5:07 AM

May 2017
better fucking not be.
Sep 3, 2021 1:12 AM

Nov 2017
If they want to adapt all of the series they need about 3-cour series (35~40 ) episodes to adapt the 10 volume remaining. I think they will produce season 5 to finish this series, ( one of season 4 or season 5 will be 2-cour series )
Sep 4, 2021 1:21 AM
Aug 2017
Everything depends on how good/bad this season is, if it's well received and people keeps pouring money into Spirit Pledge (yes this season as well as Date a Bullet were entirely funded by the gacha) then we can rest assured that they will commit to the end, after all, the game story follows the Anime progress, so they need to advance it to keep releasing new spirits.

Season 5 is a given too, unless this one is a 2 court one, season 4 will cover the rest of vol 12 (which is fundamental for vol 13 and everything after) up to vol 15, then season 5 would be vol 16 to either 19 and then season 6 for the rest (better passing since last 3 volumes are huge) or be 2 court and finish there.

Last possibility would be after season 5 end the series in a movie but that would have to be like 2 hours long
NekoArcueidSep 4, 2021 1:34 AM
Sep 4, 2021 9:01 AM
Nov 2019
What about phantom ? Will they reveal her
I mean I’ve read the light novel
So I know who phantom is….
But i won’t ruin it for others
Sep 27, 2021 11:40 PM
Nov 2017
What’s the point of watching a harem anime that has so much source material and leaves it open ended on if he chooses one or all. I gave up on this right after spoiling myself
Sep 29, 2021 8:12 AM
Nov 2016
Who is the girl in season 3 that looks like momo deviluke of toloveru? Any chances of of her to be in season 4 as well?
Sep 29, 2021 5:33 PM
Jan 2020
abz55 said:
Who is the girl in season 3 that looks like momo deviluke of toloveru? Any chances of of her to be in season 4 as well?

Phantom using Rinne Sonogami's likeness (highly unlikely to appear in that form in season 4, as she only took that form in volume 11).
Nov 2, 2021 7:52 PM
Jul 2021
L-Mo-Reppin said:
What’s the point of watching a harem anime that has so much source material and leaves it open ended on if he chooses one or all. I gave up on this right after spoiling myself

The anime also adapt some of the DAL Encore, a bundled novel running in parallel ith DAL, telling the side stories (canon) of the Spirits’ everyday life. In DAL Encore, which is still on going, I think there will be a conclusive ending to the story. The author moved his progress on DAL to DAL Encore right now. And Tachibana does say he wanted DAL Encore to run for a bit longer so let’s wait and see
DeMarcKNov 2, 2021 8:07 PM
Stonks
Nov 25, 2021 12:45 AM

Dec 2015
you also have to look at the plotlines INSIDE the novels themselves. for years now i've seen most 12 episode seasons requiring 4-6 light novel volumes. as long as the studio doesn't add in original content or include too much 'side story novels' content. like the short story books some authors 'add in' as volume #.5 ie. volume 4.5

look at 'Irregular at Magic HS's books... the 1st season skipped one whole book because it was a 'flashback' to when the siblings were younger. then the 2nd season came out continuing through the books. and NOW the next anime project is the Reminiscence Arc. the ONE VOLUME of the LN that Season1 skipped. :> also, if you look at 'Honor Student' the side-story manga/anime centering on the sister. when pre-production happened the manga had completed, but didn't even go past the big multi-school sports competition's story-arc. now supposedly that manga is starting up again, possibly with a new mangaka, so that anime possibly could be restarted sometime in the future.

or if you look at 'How Not To Summon A Demon Lord'. S2 ended with ONLY TEN EPISODES! if you look at the next book they could have adapted? it started a whole new story-arc that might have gone beyond 2 episodes!

so sometimes the anime screenwriters can compress more books into fewer episodes. the written format doesn't always translate well into the 24 minute visual format. therefore sometimes the screenwriters can pull even more episodes out of the same novel than is usual.

in the end it really all comes down to the production committee and how much Yen they want to invest in a project and how long that project will be in total. if they say, 'thou shalt have 12 episodes!' the director writers etc. shalt have 12 episodes. if they say, 'thou shalt have 24 episodes and split thine cour!' there'll be 2 seasons with a 3 month long break. :)

just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Dec 7, 2021 11:32 AM
Dec 2021
Aku sangat menantikan series ini semoga produksi lancar terus dan makasih atas ending yang sangat keren
Dec 22, 2021 12:42 AM
Dec 2021
Is this gonna be the last season or there's more?
Dec 24, 2021 8:53 AM

Nov 2017
nope, because there's still more Arc after s4
Jan 2, 2022 8:43 AM
Jan 2021
They’ve adapted 12 out of 22 volumes. I see at least two more seasons after this one.
Jan 12, 2022 1:24 PM
Jan 2022
I have only one question 😅will tohka and shido be together in the end of season 😭
Mar 6, 2022 4:49 AM
May 2019
Better not be.. I demand a full adaptation which I hear could take another two or three seasons!
Mar 15, 2022 4:09 PM

Mar 2021
I am like 95% sure there will be future seasons.
1. Season 3 was well in production even before spirit pledge. Season 3 got announced in 2017. Spirit Pledge released in China in 2018 and Global in 2020
2. The series makes Kadokawa millions. Spirit Pledge has done very well in China and had a very successful launch and is still running in global. For stats, it made like in a million in its first month. Of course like most anime games, revenue will drastically drop later on. But most animes won't have gacha games.
Furthermore, the series has become a staple in the anime figure collecting industry, with Kurumi having an insane amount of variants
3. Animation, budget, and visual effects have largely improved. A dying series will heavily cut corners
4. The series's popularity has heavily went up where it is now one of the most anticipated spring 2022 releases which is not something easy to do. Most DAL merch comes from DAL III which indicates there is a good demand for related merchandise.
5. It should realistically shouldn't take that much longer to fully adapt it. heck, I think they may even want to make a more thorough adaptation now so instead of 2 seasons, they may choose to wrap in 3 seasons. Just my thoughts.
6. If far less successful Kadokawa IPs are getting shows, it wouldn't make financial sense for them to close it.

Of course, there could be a Yabuki situation where I believed he forced his To Love Ru series to end. But I don't think that is the case here since To Love Ru didn't have a gacha game and TLR had an issue with Yabuki's wife, co creators, and rampant nudity.
icefirestone23Mar 15, 2022 4:12 PM
Mar 17, 2022 7:08 AM
Nov 2019
Abajur said:
I was just thinking about how anime is just isekai and slice-of-life bullshit but then I see this. Anime is peaking. We live in a golden age. I hope this is not the last season. I've been impressed that this series is getting sequels for a while now, please, let it continue.

I know how you feel that’s why I watch older stuff cause I am so bored of fantasy isekai :/
Mar 20, 2022 6:41 PM
Mar 2016
Sweet Arm is not doing the opening on this season. saad.
Mar 21, 2022 2:46 PM

Mar 2021
An anime season cost $2 million, and third season was announced before Spirit Pledge. My guess is Spirit Pledge total probably earned Kadokawa at least earned them $5-$10 Million+, possibly more since we don't know how much it grossed in China. Plus DAL has more merchandise than like 80-90% of the anime out there. It being featured in KDColle and having regularly get figures means it clearly is one of Kadokawa's profitable titles.

Kadokawa normally does 3-4 volumes per 13 episodes, no matter how big a hit of the anime is. DAL's pacing is the same as Re Zero, Mushoku. So I believe there is more than enough money for a full adaptation which is realistically 2 more seasons.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

156 by MinaseNagi »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Today, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Do you think Shido actually loves the girls in his harem?

Lost_Hearts - Feb 5

8 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

84 by AlluringProxima »»
Mar 30, 11:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.