Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 6, 2021 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
Emilico casually talking with Kate as if they weren't running out of time was so Emilico.

Another fantastic episode. The second half of this Debut Arc has really improved the show's overall story.
Seeing how much Ricky cares about Patrick was moving and the casual talk between Emilico and Kate once they reunited was so sweet. A bit exasperating considering they were losing precious minutes but sweet nevertheless.
Patrick repaying Emilico's kindness by telling Ricky to give her the shears was also quite nice of him.

So Shadows and Living Dolls merge together at its due time, huh?
Jun 7, 2021 12:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, I'm totally relieved, it was so tense at the end but they made it xD fortunately it seems like Emilico's body is very resistant
Jun 7, 2021 2:55 AM

Jan 2021
Okay, so Lou and Ricky are getting closer? adorable. Ricky and Shaun's expressions when they saw John crushed that boulder with one punch were also adorable... and funny haha. But not gonna lie it's kinda thrilling though because I never thought that Ricky would sacrifice himself like that.

And wow.. I didn't expect Patrick to beg Ricky to give the scissors to Emilico.. he even said "give the scissors to Emilico, I owe her" so I see.. he has a good side.

AAAHH EMILICO AND KATE. That moment, when Emilico said "Mistress Kate, give me your hand!" it was so great. Emilico is so adorable, kind and brave!! Kate is really very lucky to have Emilico as her face. I also loved the moment when the cage is finally fell, Kate immediately holds the handle on it so she didn't fall too, I think it shows that she believes Emilico will help her no matter what.

Jun 7, 2021 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
what a thrillng episode!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 7, 2021 10:43 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was ideal for those who still have doubts or say they dont enjoy this series at all..

Great Episode.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jun 8, 2021 3:06 AM
Mar 2020
And yes, the cart was definitely the most useful item picked by emilico. All those hard pushing, collecting all those flowers. all payed off.
Jun 8, 2021 7:41 AM

Aug 2020
This was my favorite episode so far, I loved that Ricky didn't push Lou and Louise and then Lou gave the scissors to him, maybe they could become good friends in the future.

Patrick is definitely the best shadow by far, he doesn't act like the others, he treats Shaun and the other dolls like anyone else.

Emilico was amazing as always, she has a very good heart, I liked that Kate was very nice to her.

Patrick seems to be a good person, he and Ricky have this arrogant way of talking, but there is kindness inside them.

I think Edward with this debut created the beginning of a revolution, I very much doubt that after this event the shadows will let their dolls be gone, maybe Shirley and Louise, both don't seem to care about their dolls as a friend.
Jun 10, 2021 4:06 PM

Oct 2019
The most exciting and suspenseful episode so far. As much as I love Emilico I could't help but grow impatient and frustrated with her when she started having a long chat with Kate while she was still in the cage, as if she had all the time in the world, and that was after wasting most of her time to help just about every other player.. "Mind the time girl!!", I was thinking semi-aloud..

It appears that Emilico and Kate will make it in time, so technically the only "loser" will be Edward, since despite the very increased difficulty of his tests no pair is going to fail (which is largely due to Emilico). Edward is a completed Doll - Shadow merged being, as must be the other two remaining guys from the same Debut. Edward and the other two are also being tested (I wonder if the tests ever stop in that house; maybe in the third floor?) I think these three reside at the second floor of the Shadows House, which must be the intermediate level of the hierarchy; everyone there is probably a merged being, and the second floor bosses answer directly to the top brass at the third floor. Noone at the first floor, not even the Star Bearers, probably know the secret of the planned merging, and I mean both Shadows and Dolls.

I think the "Living Dolls" are humans, either clones or children abducted at a certain age and then had their memory wiped. The big boss Grandpa Shadow mentioned that some time after the merging the "self" of the face / Doll gradually disappears and its Shadow "sleeve" takes over, but I doubt it is that easy and simple. Are they really always sure that the Shadow is the dominant part and not the Doll? Could they even tell if the pair has been extensively trained to mirror and know each other perfectly? Most importantly : can one's self really become dormant, diminish or even cease to exist after mingling with someone other's self?

I think questions of philosophical or existential nature like the above lie in the heart of this story. Personally I love that, since I do not recall ever watching an anime that raised -and, I presume, later tried to address- such deep questions. A live action film that comes to mind which played with the uniqueness (or non uniqueness) of self is Krzysztof Kieślowski's "The Double Life of Veronique".
Jun 11, 2021 4:09 AM

Oct 2007
the others have changed because of Emilico's "sunshine" attitude. Never expected Patrick and Ricky actually help her by giving her the shears. Also John is really laid back shadow master, quite unique as he seems to just go along with the flow, and has a kind personality most of the time.

as for antagonists... Edward is doing a good job, I find it interesting to watch his efforts and ambitions to climb to the top. As for Ryan, I find this guy shallow, and was just inserted in the show to trash talk and add tension - I hope someone kills him later. lol
Liddo-kunJun 11, 2021 4:17 AM
Jun 11, 2021 12:47 PM

May 2021
This is probably one of the best underrated anime of the season spring!
Can't wait for more.
Jun 21, 2021 2:01 PM

Mar 2009
Damn. This episode was so good.
Jun 30, 2021 10:00 AM

Jun 2013
Oh okay, so if the shadow and living doll are "perfect" they'll become one. It makes sense now. I was wondering why Edward was moving from his shadow form and living doll form. Plus we got to see some of the other "perfect" characters. There's a busty female character and I definitely want to see her face.

LOL at John for punching that boulder. I really feel like Shaun is mismatched with him then again Shaun is his more intelligent and sane side.
臭い-
Aug 8, 2021 10:28 PM
Oct 2019
the shadows ARE body snatchers. omg!

i didn't realize there were two buildings/wings of the house watching this debut. i wonder what that's about

i wonder what that (presumably the) grandfather guy was laughing about at the very end

why do they look down on kate/emilico?

these two garden maze episodes have been good
Aug 11, 2021 2:34 AM

Jul 2015
Damn John with his explosive punch, this ain't no shounen anime!
Edward is quite the bastard for making Emilico's task to save Kate almost impossible, good thing he underestimated the good old power of friendship and Emilico's perseverance!

Aug 29, 2021 11:01 AM

Feb 2018
John 'one punched' that boulder :O so John must have the strongest 'physical' soot out of his 'Shadow class'. Patrick finally show his 'kind' face and asked from Richy to give his shears to Emilico!
Oct 19, 2021 8:44 AM

Jul 2016
just when i come around in thinking the show can't possibly get any better, it gets better. i don't want to finish it. patrick bowing to ricky in request of giving the shears to emilico, showing both respect and acknowledgement of emilico's gesture by wishing to repay it, had me pausing the scene for a solid 5 minutes. i lost my brain while it short-circuited, not because of anything but awe for shadows house. he still held onto the flower, and for all his gusto for becoming a star bearer, he is a sensitive shadow indeed. this must be the cause for ricky attempting to follow the shadows a few episodes ago before getting shoved, as well as ricky being able to both initiate and lead the dance during the preliminary evaluation. all pairs have such an engrossing dynamic, although i pay considerably less attention to rum and shirley.
Dec 30, 2021 12:16 PM

Mar 2017
Has no one wondered how the dolls haven’t broken yet? Also Lou was bleeding and she & Ricky didn’t find it strange.
Apr 13, 2022 8:31 AM

Apr 2016
They really took their time to show Emilico and Kate reunion.
Jul 9, 2022 6:33 PM
Jun 2019
WHAT DA F**K?

They do realize there's a time limit right?

Now that we're in this far, this anime is definitely giving Get Out vibes... except for the skin color I guess, you know cause they're black, and the others are... never mind.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 24, 2022 12:24 PM

May 2020
John the best shadow dude, and I ain't changing my mind. Also ngl it was good to see the duo of Patrick and Ricky redeeming themselves too given how chirpy they were at the start.

That moment of bliss when both Emilico and Kate landed right in that carriage full of flowers is the highlight for me so far.
Aug 15, 2022 8:46 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Joey-XD19202 said:

They do realize there's a time limit right?

LMAO my thoughts exactly.

Sharpedon said:

I think the "Living Dolls" are humans, either clones or children abducted at a certain age and then had their memory wiped.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who still has this theory even up to this point. I've thought about this being the case all along but the only thing that's making me think twice a bit is how come they have exactly the same proportions and silhouettes as the other beings.. mhn

I like the idea of shadows and dolls merging and dolls losing their own self but if that's the case then why do the shadows like Sophie feel the need to hide their face? Isn't that a waste? what's the point of wanting something if you're not gonna use it later?

Also Emilico and Kate falling safe on the teeny tiny ground space that had the horns cut off, how convenient for them xD

Aug 31, 2022 7:05 AM

Sep 2017
Lol WTF.
Lot of funny moments this episode.

So gay moment lol.

Also, Emilico saying she has a sturdy body is funny af. LMAO.

Lots of sick doll x human revelations this episode. But now the game is clear. Only by friendship they can make debut.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 4, 2022 9:36 PM
Nov 2015
Really loving the character development last 2 eps
Apr 30, 2023 7:32 PM

Oct 2022
Emiliko's kindness pays dividends all the time, and it never feels forced.

I like stories where tearing others down is punished and lifting everyone up is rewarded.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

128 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

190 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:58 PM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity.

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

9 by ichihito »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

125 by _kukiyomenai »»
Jul 15, 2023 6:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.