Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 31, 2021 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, this episode was tough to watch especially with the amount of despair coming from Akito. She actually looked vulnerable and needed help from Sihigure.

Reminiscing the days together, it seems Tohru really has became a special friend for Kyo.
May 31, 2021 11:01 AM
Nov 2020
Amazing rollercoaster i can‘t help
May 31, 2021 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
ALL THE DESPAIR, ALL THE TROUBLE...it has FINALLY led to this moment: Tohru vs. Akito. More than losing the Soma Zodiacs one by one, the desperation on her face tells the heart-throbbing break of bonds to salvage whatever's left of the supposedly God's sanity against Tohru.

The one saving grace that the Soma Family SO DESPERATELY needs: the God herself, and Tohru doesn't back down from such a climax such as this, which scares her more the feeling of being abandoned. Through the cuts and bruises both internally and externally,

Tohru fallling off a cliff as a result of Mother Nature...NGL, IT HURTS. And Akito's change of heart to seek help from Shigure, he still suspects her from the scuffle between her and Isuzu (but this not being the case this time), and Akito coming clean with him is another watershed moment.

The reconciliation of both Tohru and Kyo at their very best and worst, as is with treasuing memories and the budding romance between the two, totally like a Snow White moment of Tohru being the obvious and Kyo being the Prince to save the Princess with a kiss.

Another heartpain to see Kureno on the hospital bed as a result of Akito's actions, his "idiotic" actions helped saved her sanity every step of the way, despite the God always wanting to "kill" him. Momiji giving Akito a pep talk was nice though, and about time to see her being slowly changed for the better.

INSANELY POWERFUL episode as we progress to the true end of Fruits Basket, one which hardcore fans have been waitinig 2 long-ass decades for.
May 31, 2021 11:03 AM

Jun 2019
As gentle as Tohru is, she decided to chase Kyo and tell him that she loves him a lot. Akito made her entrance to the scene telling Tohru how lonely she is and how sad it feels to have no one by your side. Tohru, just like always raised a helping hand towards her.

But just when Akito understood what she was really missing in her life, Tohru's hands started to go away from her. She was falling from the cliff and my heart as well. I'm just glad that Akito has finally accepted Tohru and most above all, Tohru is alright. I lost at least 2 years there. LOL. Also, Kureno is alright as well and both of them have forgiven Akito.

Tohru and Kyo shared a kiss as well. I love those two a lot. Just keep smiling Tohru. You're really precious.
May 31, 2021 11:04 AM
Oct 2019
I don’t know what to say about this episode besides it’s just perfect.

Apr 2019
So much emotion in one episode, wow that was amazing.

Apr 2014
Dude. What an episode. All it had to take is a "Helping Hand". I am starting to believe this. Those who are still trying to help even though they do not want it or even ask for it. I can say they are the strongest ever. I mean if somebody did that to me, I would not even want to help. Though unless said otherwise.
May 31, 2021 11:05 AM
Feb 2020
It was soooooooo good really lived up to the manga!!
May 31, 2021 11:11 AM

Jan 2017
Mixed feelings here, I don't know if it was pacing issues to cover more chapters or the original writing got weird here, but Akito's change of heart was super sudden, and ngl I guess it was supposed to be dramatic but Tohru falling so suddenly and out of nowhere made me chuckle a bit, a bit over the top for me.

Jul 2020
Bloody hell what another jam packed episode! A point of contention I have with this anime is how seemingly akito gets away with everyone but we move.

Tohru getting slashed by akito was crazy, did not expect her to then go to akito and try talk to her further, and take those slaps like she was prime mike tyson eating punches. Akito again wallowing in self pity, like I still disagree with her character to the utmost of my ability, but it was a relatively sad background although I still blame her mostly for choosing to abuse people and then expect them to interact with her like they love her or something.

Man I called it in my video on Fruits Basket that Tohru would accept akito for who she was, and honestly had me moved, and annoyed at the same time mind you, until the BLOOD CLIFF BROKE OFF. TORHU NOOOOOO

Kyo coming back to see tohru basically on her deathbed was heart wrenching, expecially considering she was bleeding from the back of her head and the 'last' conversation he would have had with her was again similar as the one with her mother; an argument. Torhu coming back to conscience adn telling him everything would be alright, insinuating without her too, so it was mad for sure, and the kiss was a well-deserved and expected scene to occur.

Akito sitting on the bench and meeting Momoji? was it, I'm not the best with noticing characters honestly, but he really brought her down a peg whilst also raising her up, the victims absolving akito of her crimes did more bad then good, affirming that she can get away with the actions but finally akito realises that it's not okay, and the scene when she goes to tohru's outheld arm was oh so sweet.

Shigure the mastermind seems to have finally gotten what he wanted this entire time, akito to be her own person -at least I assume or it's to free akito of her curse- and boy is that guy conniving to say the least, even his method was sinister but for the greater good.

Can't wait for the series to wrap up, kyo to accept tohru and vice versa, yuki to get with machi - I can hope right? - and so on and so forth!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Sep 2015
I'm assuming this is the climax part. All that left is the romance problem, which shouldn't be much a problem but can be stretched into 4 episodes.

Tohru is so good, brokenly good. But WTF why Kyo kiss her when she's seriously injured. If he want to kiss someone, kiss me instead!
May 31, 2021 11:12 AM
Oct 2016
I knew this episode would have be bawling but wow did the waterworks flow. From start to finish with this episode the emotions were way above even sky high. Akito rolling up on Tohru after both Yuki and Kyo had run off. Akito venting out that frustration and fear of being alone. That's been her biggest catalyst this whole time, her mother certainly made it worse along the way but Akito number one fear has been to be alone. For everyone to abandon, leave, her what Akito has feared the most. She's been put on this pedestal her whole life separated from everyone she was told had a connection with her. So lonely wanting someone to finally see her, enter Tohru. Who this episode showed again why she's such a great character. Tohru seeing the anguish Akito felt and reaching out to her. Tohru in that nightmare Akito imaged coming to sit down beside her saying she could see Akito. Its just so good. Those feelings of loneliness are super poignant and are written so well. Tohru reaching that hand out to start over with Akito, but a landslide bringing Tohru down to the bottom of the cliff. The scene where Kyo is holding Tohru after she briefly wakes up, probably the best scene of the whole show across every season. The absolute ultimate culmination of Kyo and Tohru relationship. Everything they've been through, Tohru being in love with Kyo since before she even chased after him during his true form. Tohru expressing how much she loves Kyo even more than her mother. Kyo desperately crying out for her not to be ok. Its so intense, this episode really did everything right from the manga. Akito actually going to see Kureno realizing how much pain she's caused him all this time. Going to see Tohru reaching out for her extended hand.
May 31, 2021 11:14 AM

Jul 2020
holiday498 said:
Mixed feelings here, I don't know if it was pacing issues to cover more chapters or the original writing got weird here, but Akito's change of heart was super sudden, and ngl I guess it was supposed to be dramatic but Tohru falling so suddenly and out of nowhere made me chuckle a bit, a bit over the top for me.

Yeah the change of heart was kinda sudden, but I do think momoji (I think it was him who saw her at the hospital) did force her to realise how bad of a person she had been, but yeah it did feel rushed yet somehow at good pace too if that makes sense? Like I'd prefer them not to drag it out, but all within like 10 minutes is a bit much especially when it was what 2 days or something since the accident happened?
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 31, 2021 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
Tohru used talk no jutsu on Akito, it was super effective.

Kyo x Tohru kiss finally happened but was it really a good moment to kiss thou? Their first kiss no less. Still I'm happy to see it, Kyo x Tohru best couple.
May 31, 2021 11:16 AM
Mar 2019
I am speechless what an incredible episode
May 31, 2021 11:19 AM
Aug 2019
This episode was adapted beautifully I was not disappointed.
My favorite scene finally adapted, the Akito and Tohru conversation is my favorite, I loved it so much. That scene of Akito and Tohru sitting side by side on the same level showing how they both understand each other I've always loved that scene.
A lot going on in this episode, that cliff scene was foreshadowed since episode 1. The desperation in Kyo's voice after seeing her lying there on the ground full of blood was voiced really well. That Tohru inner monologue was beautiful I liked the addition of her walking forward with Kyo (or maybe that was in the manga too I don't remember). Kyo kissed Tohru finally a kiss but it was a bit sad.
Akito's vulnerable side is shown in this episode. Like Shigure said at the end it's baby steps with Akito developing and changing.
To be honest I'm unhappy with the total episode of this season cutting to 13 episodes feels rushed since they've skipped some scenes and chapters looking at the title of the next chapter looks like they'll be skipping more chapters including one of my favorites which I've been dying to see it animated.

May 31, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2018
This episode oh my god was just perfect, this episode was just an emotional rollercoaster, this was definitely better and more emotional than the manga which I really loved! Specifically Kyos voice broke my heart even more cause you can really tell he was in pain :( This episode really just hits by every moment passes.
I really loved this episode so much and I really look forward to next weeks episode! This is a definite 5/5 episode. I was really looking forward to this episode being animated since Fruits basket was announced to have a full manga adaptation so this ep was just perf!

May 31, 2021 11:28 AM

May 2020
Wonderful episode. I swear i didn't cry, it was probably eye sweat or someting like that.
sirmattisJun 1, 2021 12:08 AM
May 31, 2021 11:29 AM

Dec 2020
I did guess that at worst tohru would get hospitalised, but frankly speaking i was in the corner of the chair watching as it unfolded. The rollercoaster ride was somethin innit. She falls in the same place where she stayed, yes the tent from s1 was a nice touch

Akito is playing victim in this episode and her stabbing spree as shigure mentions is not condemnable, and yet tohru accepts her. cant wait for the next episode, and i hope she dosent strangle tohru in the hospital or something

compared to the last two seasons this one is quite fast, all the slow story arcs and charected devolopment in the previous seasons have paid off finaly.

Hands down this is the best anime ive watced this season.
May 31, 2021 11:29 AM
Jan 2020
this episode really was perfect. but it’s also getting more and more harder to watch every new episode because i just start crying in the first minute haha
May 31, 2021 11:31 AM
Jan 2021
Just finished watching the episode. Akito can't be forgiven just like that, come on. She did too much shit to people around her. We know why she was like that but it was just too much, i hope they don't just forget all the bad things she's done. It wouldn't make sense for Rin, Haru, etc to forgive her this fast.
May 31, 2021 11:31 AM

Jul 2017
Akito confirmed to be Kaneki in disguise. She was mostly afriad of being alone lol

but damn I think this is the first time in a long time (or maybe since ever) that Akito gave a genuine heartfelt smile rather than a twisted one. sasuga Tooru does it once again. Thank goodness she didn't die at the end though, now that certainly would've been a twist
May 31, 2021 11:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
While I do have to admit that the sudden change was kind of a little off from Akito's part and that the whole accident felt more like a cheap way to make Kyo snap out of it but boy, when this series wants to hit you hard, it does just that in bundles!

Tohru and Akito sitting down by each other, this imagery is powerful. It was good to see Momiji take a harsher stance but then end the conversation off a light and positive note, Akito probably needed that more than anything as opposed to unconditional kindness and forgiveness.

Tohru's monologue while unconscious, I'm so glad she's fine now. No idea how she managed to survive that long but that's beside the main point for the time being. I'd a feeling she'd drop from the cliff to be honest given the position where she was standing but I thought Akito would push her off. Good thing that wasn't the case...

Shigure's disappointment, I doubt any one could've predicted things to become this hectic lol!

We haven't seen Hanajima-san since forever now, I'm looking forward to more of her and the various ships to finally set sail.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 31, 2021 11:36 AM

Aug 2018
That cliff scene... I would have prefered if the distance from the top to bottom was shorter so Toru surviving would be more believable but fuck it everything else was perfect that I don't care.

In the span of just 23 minutes, I felt so many different emotions.
May 31, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 2020
tohru is so kind. the kindest character i love her. this is one of the best episode. the emotion, the story line was perfect. kyoru kiss ❤ and akito willing to change after tohru care about her. i will try not to hate akito after this.
May 31, 2021 11:37 AM
Apr 2020
a 23 minutes episode of fruba triggers a variety of emotions; its so amazing that even calling it a masterpiece wouldn’t be enough. I am blessed to have been alive to witness this episode❤️
May 31, 2021 11:43 AM
May 2021
Unpopular Opinion
Yo cringe yo wtf

Well i appreciate all the extra scenes and dialogues out from the manga but it's not even giving me the heartwrenching feeling.. ;__; my girl tohru deserves better ngl
May 31, 2021 11:43 AM

Oct 2020
SO GOOD! i thought i'd sob the entire time but this episode was truly so impactful. THAT KISS! KYORU KISS! and akito and tohru!!!!!!! and finally the ED doesn't give me whiplash. i think this is my favorite episode of this series. incredible

forum set by bunnyama & taiyaki
May 31, 2021 11:45 AM

Aug 2018
holiday498 said:
Suddenly? I really don't see how you'd call that sudden with the shots framing the cliff like that, I would've been shocked if Tohru hadn't fallen. Though I expected Akito to push her
May 31, 2021 11:47 AM
May 2021
Absolutely love it🥰. Kinda sad it's ending soon 😩
May 31, 2021 11:49 AM

Aug 2018
Oh, that cliff was the same one she was camping under all the way back in the first episode wasn't it? Pretty clever way to bring everything full circle
May 31, 2021 11:50 AM
Sep 2017
Ahh - Tohru is a much better person than I am, tbh. I could never get past all the things that Akito has done to people I care about, to see the need she had to “be seen and cared for” behind it. So props to Tohru - she is best girl, hands down. Biggest heart ever. I genuinely had a short moment there where I thought she just might die, and her and Kyo’s last convo would have been a deathbed one, which would have destroyed me, so thank goodness that’s not the case - I can go back to expecting a happy ending for my babies!
May 31, 2021 11:53 AM
Apr 2021
This episode had me in tears even though I already read the manga , Akito’s character development and The kiss between Kyo and Tohru it was all just so good
May 31, 2021 11:54 AM
Mar 2021
MegamiRem said:

Kyo x Tohru kiss finally happened but was it really a good moment to kiss thou? Their first kiss no less. Still I'm happy to see it, Kyo x Tohru best couple.

Could have been the last chance they got...
May 31, 2021 12:03 PM

Sep 2008
This episode adapted all of Chapters 121 and 122, parts of Chapter 123, and the second half of Chapter 124. The adaptation of 121 and 122 was nearly faithful to the manga beyond some expanded and slightly changed scenes, while the content from 123 and 124 appeared to be added to fill in the remainder of the episode beyond the earlier chapters. Here were changes that I took notice of for this episode:

-The scene where Tohru imagined breaking from holding Kyoko’s hand as she commented on moving on from with her mother’s loss was expanded a bit for the anime.
-The series of flashbacks where Akito reflected on her treatment of the cursed Sohma was added for the anime.
-There’s a difference in how Yuki would call for help between the anime and manga. In the manga, he immediately ran into the house to call for an ambulance on the house phone before running to find Tohru. In the anime, he called for an ambulance on a cell phone while running to find her.
-There is a bit more blood shown from Tohru’s injuries she sustained from Akito’s knife slashes and falling from the cliff in the anime.
-The flashback from Tohru reflecting on her feelings for Kyo as she noticed his presence added in more scenes for the anime showing the two together.
-The scene showing Tohru walking away from her mother and toward Kyo as her narration continues was added for the anime.
-The opening narration from Chapter 123 was removed from the anime.
-The scenes showing the varying reactions of the cursed Sohma to Tohru’s hospitalization were originally shown later in Chapter 123. This replaced the following scene in the manga where Yuki recalled seeing Kyo staring at Tohru being taken away by ambulance from a distance and venting his frustration over Kyo’s indecision to Tohru’s grandfather.
-The scene showing Momiji comfort Akito over her guilt from what happened with Kureno and Tohru originally came later in Chapter 124 of the manga.
May 31, 2021 12:04 PM

Oct 2017
indisa09 said:
MegamiRem said:

Could have been the last chance they got...
Ah yeah if you think it that way it makes more sense but I dun think Kyo did it cause he thought it might have been his last chance thou.
May 31, 2021 12:06 PM
Feb 2021
Let me just say! It was crazy and I cried a lot!! But it was so good!!!
May 31, 2021 12:06 PM

May 2016
What a blast, I expected something better but I guess it was myself who set the bar
too high, finally it happened the kiss we been waiting for so long, and Akito finally
progressing idk if it was Shigure's plan or not but I still don't trust him.

I just hope Tohru can go back to her normal life and not be crippled or something.
May 31, 2021 12:12 PM
Jan 2019
Tohru really is truly kind to everyone isn’t she, after all the stuff that Akito has done, Tohru would have had every right to just leg it and get away from Akito and focus on her own feelings after the events of last episode, and then even in what could have been her final moments she still wished for the happiness of someone else. What a genuinely lovely girl.
May 31, 2021 12:16 PM

Nov 2015
Akito's fear hits hard. There are no promises of eternal, no everlasting bonds, just a world full of strangers. I don't like seeing myself in her, but it's so easy (when she's not stabbing people or pushing them through windows).

Tohru's monologue made me cry. Even if you have to take the long way around, just keep going :') We all have to move forward.

Kyoru kiss! I mean Kyo still hasn't confessed yet... but... Kyaaa~ all the same. Still a dream to me that this is all animated, and the next episode,,, oh boyo.

Akito needed to hear that from Momiji. Not everyone should be so easy on her. She still did a lot of bad that can't be forgotten.

Kureno and Tohru are supposed to be too kind. Realistically speaking, I don't think it's possible to be as they are, so if someone in your life is an Akito, cut em out. You don't owe it to anyone to be a Tohru.
May 31, 2021 12:17 PM

Sep 2019
I immediately knew something was going to happen as soon as I saw that they were standing on a cliff but it still hurt me a lot, I mean, A LOT. It looks like Akito finally developed as a character thanks to Tohru. Tohru's too forgiving. Them not showing Tohru's face got me wondering if something happened to it, I doubt it though. It was another great episode. Also, yay they kissed!
May 31, 2021 12:17 PM

Jan 2017
eglepe said:
Suddenly? I really don't see how you'd call that sudden with the shots framing the cliff like that, I would've been shocked if Tohru hadn't fallen. Though I expected Akito to push her

That is what I meant, the cliff just collapsed out of nowhere maybe I should have mentioned the execution of the fall was what was weird to me, I think Akito pushing her, or maybe Akito advancing and Tohru backing up and slipping or something would make more sense and be less... overdramatic isn't super right word but I can't think of anything better rn haha
May 31, 2021 12:18 PM

Mar 2010
Wish tohru died tbh no one deserves such a saint. I guess as they say, they are what was needed but not what we deserved. haha tis how the world works. genius.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 31, 2021 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
Another amazing episode. Akito was crazy with the knife. I was so worried that she might end up stabbing Tohru.

Even after the things Akito did to her and others, Tohru was still willing to help her. She's just too kind with a big heart.
I also thought that Akito might push Tohru off the cliff. To think that the ground around her just broke off. Even though Shigure and the others had the right to think that Akito might have pushed her, I felt a bit bad for Akito.

Akito needed that little talk from Momiji. That genuine smile at the end.

With the title being, "What's Your Name?", I thought Tohru might end up with amnesia. I hope that isn't the case.

May 31, 2021 12:23 PM

Aug 2018
holiday498 said:
eglepe said:

That is what I meant, the cliff just collapsed out of nowhere maybe I should have mentioned the execution of the fall was what was weird to me, I think Akito pushing her, or maybe Akito advancing and Tohru backing up and slipping or something would make more sense and be less... overdramatic isn't super right word but I can't think of anything better rn haha
Well, it is the exact same cliff that collapsed on her tent in the first episode, plus it was raining and she was standing on it, so I wouldn't call it that convenient
May 31, 2021 12:28 PM

Jun 2019
Tohru was able to get through to Akito and now the conflict of the series is pretty much over. It only makes sense that Tohru saves her too since that’s what she has been doing the entire series and it fits with its themes.

Wasn’t expecting her to fall off a cliff though, not sure what the purpose of that was. I guess to make Akito and Kyo realize their feelings? Honestly, it just felt like something thrown in to heighten the emotional moment (granted nothing comes about because of it in later episodes).
May 31, 2021 12:31 PM
May 2020
Literally cried...... What an episode (ᗒᗩᗕ)
The kiss relieved me, but still.... The whole akito thing literally break my heart..... ಥ_ಥ
May 31, 2021 12:33 PM
Feb 2021
Rollercoaster emotions. Just perfect!!
May 31, 2021 12:43 PM
Apr 2021
Oh my heart 🙁 Anger, hope, sadness, empathy, love, regret, fear and forgiveness. All of those emotions in one episode. A brilliant episode ❤
May 31, 2021 12:46 PM

Feb 2018
I know it could've been their last chance, but still kind of a weird first kiss. Anyway, I digress.

I don't know how Akito atones for all this, but she should probably be in jail. What did Kureno tell the doctors? "Yeah, I just slipped and fell, and this knife just stabbed me in the back, doc."
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

317 by ducvub10 »»
Apr 22, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.