Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 20, 2023 6:47 AM

Jul 2016
Lena never having an Alba she could truly to turn after all just makes me want her to expose everything about the war even more. The way how they've just accepted their deaths is bittersweet as hell.

Also, while it's creepy and messed up how Shin's brother "lived on" as a Legion shepherd, a part of me can't help but find that really morbidly cool.
Mar 10, 2023 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
lmfao full mental breakdown at the end there
Apr 8, 2023 9:20 PM

Aug 2014
Everyone hating on Anette, but you know what? She said nothing but FACTS. Lena has been hypocritical and annoying thus far. I'm glad she got hit with the cold hard truth. She sent them some fricking fireworks and thinks she is doing them a favor? hahahahaha...

Again, the army's actions and Lena's still makes no sense. If she told them the Republic is going to get overrun they'll probably do something, but nope, no communications whatsoever. She tells them to cancel the request, they say no, and that's it? Why not throw in the fact that they are going to lose the fight? Convenient plot hole/devices to move the story forward and make the Albas look even more "evil"..oh and of course can't forget to throw in some human experimentation trope to make us think they are even more evil.
Apr 11, 2023 9:14 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty grim episode, and a grim way to end it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 21, 2023 8:04 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
So now they will go towards death. Will they all die? Also is his Bro half conscious? I really don't get how this works at all.
Still, shocking that he was so mad he tried to kill him. Is that the sign he still has on his neck?

Aug 30, 2023 10:04 PM
Aug 2023
The show's getting a little better, it's finally starting to show instead of just telling. I noticed one of the big problems with the show's execution is "telling instead of showing". Like we're told Lena is a big help to the 86 squad, but we're not shown it, so it seems like she never was helpful. We're told the Alba are horrible and killed one of the 86's parents, but we're not shown it, so the Alba doesn't seem so wicked. Etc. etc. this anime does "telling and not showing" so bloody much, and it's really bad the more they do it. I know a lot of commenters love this show, and might see me as a hater, but I'm not, I'm just saying how I see it. Don't forget how many commenters were pissed Kirschblute's death/POV wasn't really shown back in ep3. I didn't even realize some 86 died between this episode and the last until I saw the comments here. This is exactly what I'm talking about with telling us and not showing us. Pretty awful execution, I can't overlook nor forgive the show for.

The dramatic scenes seem to be somewhat flat still. Like the argument between Lena and her researcher friend was better, but still kind of flat and underwhelming for what it should have been at that point of the show. I'm actually kind of surprise it caused some people to hate the friend character, that scene didn't hold that much emotional weight for me. What that scene needed was the emotional impact of that 86 kid who was raging on Lena after the death of Kirschblute, that was a well done scene that caused me to hate that kid.

Now that the squad has been whittled down to five, I hope this means they're finally going to do some character development with them. What I've seen so far seems very minimal, and if I was generous I would say maybe their excuse is the squad was way too big before. The only time character growth seemed to be going well was Daiya's relationship with Anju, but then they immediately killed him off the same episode which cheapened it.
Oct 10, 2023 12:08 PM

Dec 2022
What a bitch Annette is. Vladilena's uncle isn't much better, for that matter. Both of them take to directing the blame for the 86's situation on someone else, whether that be the general population or Vladilena herself. There could be some dormant guilt on their part, but with no desire to be held accountable for it.

The last shot of Shourei's face being glitched and contorted by the Legion AI was amazing.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 12, 2023 2:14 PM

Jan 2019
Fuck me this episode hits too close to home.

Annette and the uncle's apathy towards the way of the world is too reminiscent of a lot of people I know.

And a government committing a genocide despite it not even being in their best interests; inevitably leading to their own downfall is depressingly relevant.

That being said it is annoying that Lena hasn't even told anyone that Legion is improving and they'll lose the war, that could've been used to hammer the point home even harder.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

458 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

380 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 14, 10:42 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

430 by grizmuth »»
Apr 5, 5:57 PM

» 86 LN starts its Final Arc with the next Light Novel volume 14.

darksideee - Jan 11

24 by SSRSyt »»
Apr 3, 10:22 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

259 by ILLARX »»
Apr 2, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.