Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Love SAO? Cool Hate SAO? That’s fine. But I think we can all agree that Yui is the worst and most useless character in the show

Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 2021 6:50 AM
Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
skatlads15 said:

Lmao, rubbish. Let's just forget about Kirito's PTSD issues and getting over them in GGO, as well as his guilt over letting his friends die in WoU. Sure.

Yea, let's talk about something that actually happened. Everyone, who experienced so many traumatic events in VR, right after escaping it dives right into it for entertainment purposes. That's not how it works. It's either those events dis not traumatised them, or somebody messed up in conveying them.
I don't even know how you can still defend GGO. I thought everyone considered it as a garbage an lowest point of the story.

And first half of Alicization was actually dope, exactly because of Kirito starting from scratch.

I'm still not impressed.

You're assuming everyone from SAO played ALO, on what basis? We only know the main cast did that.
And again with the shitty logic. Bruv, ALO isn't going to kill anyone. ALO is incapable of killing you. Heck SAO was incapable of killing you. Know what killed them? Nervegear, which was banned. The Amusphere was found to be 100% safe, and didn't kill a single person in its lifespan. Sure they suffered traumatic memories in Aincrad, but they also had tons of happy memories. They fell in love with the VR enviornment and it became second nature to them. As we already know, by the midpoint of Aincrad, many people stopped trying to play the game and just had fun living in Aincrad. Those people would readily jump right back in ALO. Also, they can be killed in real life as well, and the real world is FAR more dangerous than VR. So should they just give up on living then? This is the thing about SAO, it blurs the lines between VR and reality. VR isn't bad, bad people are bad. That's why Kirito's trauma was aimed at the people, not the enviornment. Heck, playing VR might actually help with trauma, as can be seen with Sinon, because it's a safe space. You're not a psychiatrist, don't pretend to know how it works.

GGO was better than season 1. That's because it kept the good parts of S1, and fixed the pacing issues. Don't assume shit, LOTS of people love GGO.

I don't care if you're impressed or not. Facts are facts. On a pure factual basis my points are correct. SAO has lots of character development.
May 31, 2021 6:51 AM
Oct 2020
herofelix77 said:
skatlads15 said:

Oh hey mother's basement! Found your alt again.

Donno why I try to keep correcting your brain dead arguments. But alas!
Kirito didn't hack anything. The author literally tweeted an explanation because some fools always take the worst possible explanation. All Kirito did there was find her folder, and copy paste it. The game engine handled the rest. Thats it, no big deal. It's the author's official explanation, so don't even try to argue. Also don't try to argue what is possible and what isn't in computers,I'm a programmer, and I can tell you, it's possible, especially within the context of the story.
And secondly, he can't log out anyone else, because he doesn't have access to the log out codes, only Kayaba does. He also, doesn't give a fuck about randos he hasn't even met while his daughter is dying. Wait a minute, Kirito being selfish? Sike, you actually pointed out a flaw in his character. Not so flawless now is he?

Both Silica and Liz had important roles in Ordinal Scale and WoU respectively. Perhaps you should take some of your own advice, stop being a total waste of space showing up on every SAO related post without fail, and do something actually productive? But instead you keep making your brain dead rants. I find this, quite amusing.

Hold up is that mothers basement‘s mal account?

Nah, I was just trolling him, cause he's literally parroting mother's Basement's exact arguments which have been proven to be complete load of bollocks by anyone who's actually watched SAO. Hope you got your answer for Yui's importance from my previous reply to you. As well as how Kirito didn't actually hack SAO from my other comments.
skatlads15May 31, 2021 6:54 AM
May 31, 2021 7:01 AM

Jul 2015
skatlads15 said:
Piromysl said:

Yea, let's talk about something that actually happened. Everyone, who experienced so many traumatic events in VR, right after escaping it dives right into it for entertainment purposes. That's not how it works. It's either those events dis not traumatised them, or somebody messed up in conveying them.
I don't even know how you can still defend GGO. I thought everyone considered it as a garbage an lowest point of the story.

And first half of Alicization was actually dope, exactly because of Kirito starting from scratch.

I'm still not impressed.

You're assuming everyone from SAO played ALO, on what basis? We only know the main cast did that.
And again with the shitty logic. Bruv, ALO isn't going to kill anyone. ALO is incapable of killing you. Heck SAO was incapable of killing you. Know what killed them? Nervegear, which was banned. The Amusphere was found to be 100% safe, and didn't kill a single person in its lifespan. Sure they suffered traumatic memories in Aincrad, but they also had tons of happy memories. They fell in love with the VR enviornment and it became second nature to them. As we already know, by the midpoint of Aincrad, many people stopped trying to play the game and just had fun living in Aincrad. Those people would readily jump right back in ALO. Also, they can be killed in real life as well, and the real world is FAR more dangerous than VR. So should they just give up on living then? This is the thing about SAO, it blurs the lines between VR and reality. VR isn't bad, bad people are bad. That's why Kirito's trauma was aimed at the people, not the enviornment. Heck, playing VR might actually help with trauma, as can be seen with Sinon, because it's a safe space. You're not a psychiatrist, don't pretend to know how it works.

GGO was better than season 1. That's because it kept the good parts of S1, and fixed the pacing issues. Don't assume shit, LOTS of people love GGO.

I don't care if you're impressed or not. Facts are facts. On a pure factual basis my points are correct. SAO has lots of character development.

Now, you are just trolling. I can't take anything you say seriously.

Give me a drink, bartender.

May 31, 2021 7:09 AM
Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
skatlads15 said:

You've been trolling since the beginning, and on every SAO related post. Troll calling me a troll, the irony. I use pure factual information for my arguments, you use silly logic. That's why nothing you say can be taken seriously. I don't even think you've actually watched SAO tbh, just reviews criticizing it.

Bartender, take this drunk man out, he's had enough for the day.
May 31, 2021 7:12 AM

Jul 2015
skatlads15 said:
Piromysl said:

You've been trolling since the beginning, and on every SAO related post. Troll calling me a troll, the irony. I use pure factual information for my arguments, you use silly logic. That's why nothing you say can be taken seriously. I don't even think you've actually watched SAO tbh, just reviews criticizing it.

Bruh, just because you disagree it's not trolling.
If you seriously see some deep meaning behind Kirito-kun becoming a trap, and going melle in a gun fight is not just to display how broken he is, then you do yours. You may enjoy what you want, but just don't tell everyone that it is good writing.

May 31, 2021 7:27 AM
Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
skatlads15 said:

If you seriously see some deep meaning behind Kirito-kun becoming a trap, and going melle in a gun fight is not just to display how broken he is, then you do yours. You may enjoy what you want, but just don't tell everyone that it is good writing.

Bruh, just because you disagree, it's not trolling.
If you seriously don't see any deep meaning and the themes and messages the show tries to portray, then you do you. Kirito wasn't even the only person to go melee in GGO either, Death Gun did it as well. It's not broken, it's just good strategy, with Kirito having more experience playing VR than anyone else (outside of the sleeping knights).
You may dislike what you want,but just don't tell everyone that it's bad writing.
See what I did there?
May 31, 2021 7:30 AM

Jul 2015
skatlads15 said:
Piromysl said:

If you seriously don't see any deep meaning and the themes and messages the show tries to portray, then you do you. Kirito wasn't even the only person to go melee in GGO either, Death Gun did it as well. It's not broken, it's just good strategy, with Kirito having more experience playing VR than anyone else (outside of the sleeping knights).
You may dislike what you want,but just don't tell everyone that it's bad writing.
See what I did there?

Yea. Quiet Edgelord Kid did as well. That's seriously an example?
And no. I don't see any deep meaning.
I also don't see the logic behind employing a teenager to singlehandedly solve a murder mystery and endanger his own life.

May 31, 2021 8:11 AM
Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
skatlads15 said:

See what I did there?

Yea. Quiet Edgelord Kid did as well. That's seriously an example?
And no. I don't see any deep meaning.
I also don't see the logic behind employing a teenager to singlehandedly solve a murder mystery and endanger his own life.
Lol wut? Death Gun is quite talkative. Anyway, no need for further explanation. Kirito did nothing extraordinary, he was already better than them anyway because of superior experience. Him beating them is the sensible thing.
As I said, if you don't see the meaning, that's you, don't call it bad writing.
Logic behind using a teenager you ask? Have you ever heard of this organisation called Mossad? They use common people as agents for covert operations, even teenagers. Teenagers can sneak in places without much suspicion. Kirito had lots of experience in VR, especially solving murder mysteries, and no one would suspect him, that's why he was chosen. He also owed Kikouka a favor for telling him about Asuna. He wasn't putting his life in danger, because he had a combat nurse monitoring him all the time, and the Amusphere can't even kill you.
May 31, 2021 3:38 PM
Jan 2021
ICHIGOAT_467 said:
This show is so trash I hate this show
Nobody asked SAO is a great show
May 31, 2021 3:44 PM
Mar 2021
KillanZoldyck0 said:
ICHIGOAT_467 said:
This show is so trash I hate this show
Nobody asked SAO is a great show
I see your a rezero fan rezero is fire 🔥
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
May 31, 2021 11:11 PM
Jun 2020
Yeah, in SAO at least. In SAO Abridged shes an amazing character with actual importance to the plot, and Kirito’s character. In SAO Abridged Kirito is a fucking asshole, but an asshole just because he can be. But Yui’s death(well kinda) legitimately affects him, along with Sachi’s. SAOA is way better than og SAO, period.
Jun 1, 2021 5:01 PM
Feb 2021
I sigh every time she appears
Jun 1, 2021 5:10 PM

Apr 2020
I think Yui is... Fine. Like, I haven't watched the recent shit but in the first season her character wasn't the issue. The issue was introducing her in the same episode they killed her like... how were the characters and the audience supposed to get attached to her AT ALL if she was just there to die? That's just bad writing. I only vaguely remember her even having speaking roles in the Fairy arc so like... Eh. Was she even in it much outside of just floating around Kirito? Did she have plot relevance?

I don't remember any fanservice-y scenes or any sexualising her at all really so not really sure where that comes from but it's possible I'm forgetting them or just straight up blocking out those bits.
Jun 2, 2021 1:46 PM
Oct 2020
Jordan_Fannon said:
Yeah, in SAO at least. In SAO Abridged shes an amazing character with actual importance to the plot, and Kirito’s character. In SAO Abridged Kirito is a fucking asshole, but an asshole just because he can be. But Yui’s death(well kinda) legitimately affects him, along with Sachi’s. SAOA is way better than og SAO, period.

I do agree Abridged Yui gets slightly more of a role, but she's not any more important than OG Yui in the plot.

Sachi's death in Abridged was done terribly. In OG, it scarred him for years, and made him avoid guilds and people. It also, was somewhat his fault.
In abridged, not only was it 100% Sachi's fault (so the your fault thing makes zero sense), it also got resolved in the worst possible manner. Abridged Asuna (terrible) just goes "It's ok, she's dead", and then Ab Kirito just forgets about her. Like ssly wtf?! THAT'S how you resolve his PTSD? Absolute bs.
Meanwhile in OG, Asuna tells him she won't die, and will protect him, so he doesn't have to keep carrying the guilt by himself. Genuinely heartfelt stuff. He also, doesn't forget about Sachi, and recalls the incident several years later in War of Underworld.

Abridged is alright, but it's nowhere near as good as the OG. You just can't take it seriously.
Jun 2, 2021 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
Agreed.Her literal only purpose is to look cute and capitalize off of the lolicons in the audience,that's it.All she does is introduce irrelevant plot-lines that are never explained and never resolved.If she was written out of the series completely barely anything would change
Jun 5, 2021 3:21 PM
Mar 2019
Yui's appearance in Sao is the equivalent of Harambe's death in our time-line
May 1, 2023 3:03 PM
Jun 2020
skatlads15 said:
Jordan_Fannon said:

I do agree Abridged Yui gets slightly more of a role, but she's not any more important than OG Yui in the plot.

Sachi's death in Abridged was done terribly. In OG, it scarred him for years, and made him avoid guilds and people. It also, was somewhat his fault.
In abridged, not only was it 100% Sachi's fault (so the your fault thing makes zero sense), it also got resolved in the worst possible manner. Abridged Asuna (terrible) just goes "It's ok, she's dead", and then Ab Kirito just forgets about her. Like ssly wtf?! THAT'S how you resolve his PTSD? Absolute bs.
Meanwhile in OG, Asuna tells him she won't die, and will protect him, so he doesn't have to keep carrying the guilt by himself. Genuinely heartfelt stuff. He also, doesn't forget about Sachi, and recalls the incident several years later in War of Underworld.

Abridged is alright, but it's nowhere near as good as the OG. You just can't take it seriously.
So, yes this post is two years old. However
the 17th episode of saoa like just came out and this is fucking hilarious
May 1, 2023 3:58 PM
Oct 2020
Jordan_Fannon said:
skatlads15 said:

I believe the ep is patreon exclusive at the moment. And i do not wish to give a single penny of my money to SWE, so i wouldn't know what happened. Whatever happens tho, you cannot convince me that Abridged is better than OG in any way, shape or form. Especially as i am being fed quite well by the Progressive movies in those 2 years since this post.
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM
Jun 2020
skatlads15 said:
Jordan_Fannon said:

I believe the ep is patreon exclusive at the moment. And i do not wish to give a single penny of my money to SWE, so i wouldn't know what happened. Whatever happens tho, you cannot convince me that Abridged is better than OG in any way, shape or form. Especially as i am being fed quite well by the Progressive movies in those 2 years since this post.
I actually hear theyre really good. Ill have to watch them once i get caught up on the real anime
edit:pretty sure the episode came out today
May 6, 2023 3:35 AM
Oct 2020
Jordan_Fannon said:
skatlads15 said:

I actually hear theyre really good. Ill have to watch them once i get caught up on the real anime
edit:pretty sure the episode came out today
I hope you enjoy them.
And yes i just watched the Abridged ep. It was alr. But i gotta say, i feel like it's getting more and more boring in terms of comedy. The Suguha scene was nice, but it felt a bit hollow to me with the lack of build up.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.