Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2021 6:20 AM

Jan 2011
I like how it gives us a bit more watch time, but I'm always a little disappointed when we don't get the full OP or ED.
May 27, 2021 2:13 PM
Sep 2014
I actually like it that we get the variety and have a chance to listed to the OP mixed a bit differently, tbh. Also would someone be a hero and post screenshots of every scene heart pen appeared? I keep missing those, apparently.
May 27, 2021 4:08 PM

Dec 2016
Odokawa is doing everything so smoothly to save all those innocent people that got involved with these gangster shit. Dobu who is quite clever himself when it comes to noticing such actions, fell for it.

Kakihana's crying and his reactions felt so realistic, his seiyuu did a good job.

If it's an “imaginary friend” then that would mean Odokawa has schizophrenia. But Odokawa who always thinks so logically, I doubt he would be schizophrenic.

They couldn't tell it's Shirakawa with a blindfold. Odokawa's view is an exception but even if you're seeing normal humans, isn't that obvious that if you know that person really well it won't be that difficult for you to tell it's them like a blindfold doesn't really cover your whole face, it's just the eyes that are covered. You could still tell that person apart because of the mouth, the face shape, their body figure, their hair and the clothes they're wearing.

Yano looks too cute here can't take him seriously XD
May 28, 2021 11:14 PM
Jun 2020
phantomfandom said:
This is the show where almost every characters are intelligent. Especially Odokawa with his mysterious ability. So villains have to be even more intelligent by guessing the other side's plan correctly.

Another sign of intelligent, Odokawa uses "Telegram" instead of "LINE" to contact with little Daimon.

Just in case someone wondering why Odokawa has to fake a sneeze to take a picture (Hence the episode name "Bless You", another brilliant screenwriting). A law in Japan require every phone selling there to make a capture sound when taking a picture to protect privacy.

Yeah man, there's so much attention to detail, it's astounding.

Also from what I know the law is not just to protect privacy, it's to prevent creeps from taking upskirt pictures and such in crowded subways.
May 29, 2021 3:10 AM
Aug 2020
Feel bad for the monke. All the members of that group seem like trashy people. I'm not too sure about the black cat though. Don't remember them doing anything.
May 29, 2021 6:55 AM

Jul 2012
Just caught up with this anime and... wow, never expected I'd like it so much, it's so good!

We're getting more and more information about Odokawa's "mental issue", it's really interesting. The synesthesia pretty much confirmed the theories that they're humans but he sees them as animals.

And where did the dodo guy go? Weird not seeing him following Odokawa anymore.

Can't wait for next ep!
May 29, 2021 7:02 AM

May 2021
This episode pretty much confirms that Odakawa is seeing people as animals. I gotta admit Yano's rap/talk thing is getting on my nerves and its hard to keep up with all he's saying. Might just be the language barrier and having to read subtitles really fast though.

But now he lives inside someone he does not recognize
When he catches his reflection on accident
May 29, 2021 7:09 AM

May 2020
Plans_Directions said:
I gotta admit Yano's rap/talk thing is getting on my nerves and its hard to keep up with all he's saying. Might just be the language barrier and having to read subtitles really fast though.

True, I have to pause every Yano's line and try to comprehend, but I like it.
May 29, 2021 8:43 AM

Aug 2015
There shouldn’t be any heart pen this episode. The podcast was a discussion with Taeko (the tavern lady), Donraku, and the producer (koala with glasses). That was mentioned when Odakawa and Gouriki were in the tavern, so it happened in the past.

The podcast lets you know where the pen will be.
Heart pen = doctor’s office? - Podcast = discussion between Gouriki and Odokawa.
Heart pen = Odakawad’s taxi? - Podcast = discussions in taxi.
Heart pen = with Big Diamon? - Podcast discussion between Diamon brothers.
Heart pen = Yamamoto’s notebook? - Podcast discussion between girls in Mystery Kiss.

https://oddtaxi.fandom.com/wiki/Audio_Drama_1.3 note English tab.
May 30, 2021 3:50 PM

Apr 2020
Disappointed by all the Shiho hate in here....

She's a "bitch"? ...

How about some sympathy for the girl, who has to date middle-aged men for money, forced by her boss and the Yakuza...

Kakihana was just an idiot for lying and kinda creepy for dating a girl that is about 20 years younger than him...

Pretty sure Odakawa will tell him, too

Merve2LoveMay 30, 2021 4:10 PM
Jun 6, 2021 4:49 PM

Apr 2018
Short OP again, seems like they need as much as time as possible.
I did say in m previous comment that I liked Yano's personality, but damn.. he's a dickhead.
Still love his rap. Kaikihana is getting tortured by them.. Poor guy, made a last call with his mom.
The case of Synethesia was pretty weird, kinda cool to have something like that. But it probably has to do something with the little flashbacks we saw. (in human form)
The mystery is building up.
Kabasawa after the credit scenes, sleeping with a woman.. making a lot of money off of Dobu.
Next ep is going to be amazing.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 7, 2021 9:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah so that's really the confirmation that Odakawa has mental/brain problems or damage that cause him to see the other ones as animals and probably more... it hurts to see Kakihana in this state, I just hope that he'll be rescued soon, and Odakawa recorded Dobu when he was speaking of the robbery hmm
Jun 14, 2021 3:13 AM

Oct 2017
Odokawa colours people with something that makes it possible for him to identify them easily. Could it be that they are not furries and...? Also the video he sent to younger Daimon, I hope the big brother doesn't see it.

Things are finally coming together and I hope Odokawa doesn't get in too much danger.
Jun 28, 2021 8:46 AM

Nov 2016
Yamaguchi Kappei (also known as Usopp) is a perfect fit for the pathetic liar Kakihana. His performance really made you feel the pain.

Meanwhile you have Odakawa who's playing the game well. Can't wait for the pay-off. And he may have overlooked it at first, but thanks to Imai he was able to put 1+1 together.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2021 6:31 AM

May 2020
Yano has some sick rhymes, especially in the opening of the episode, when he's giving Kakihana a well deserved roasting.

Jokes aside, I do feel bad for Kakihana. He made some very, very poor choices but he doesn't deserve everything that's happening to him right now.
Jul 4, 2021 1:28 PM

Jun 2013
I said this in the last episode but omfg Kakihana is serious about this 18 yr old girl who he's thoroughly convinced is in love with him. I feel sorry for his parents for having a dumbass child but I can't feel any sympathy for him. It's like he doesn't live in Japan, an 18 yr old girl getting married is extremely extremely rare and heavily frowned upon. It was very difficult to feel any sort of sympathy for his sorry ass.

Also that waiter who won the billion yen is another mega idiot. Why would you post something like that online? Now gangs are after him. He seems like a good person but honestly, I don't feel sorry for him either. He chose to be an idiot and now he has to reap the consequences.

Yano is a bad guy but honestly, he's the smartest. He was able to figure out Dobu's plan in advance and I'm thinking that body they found a few episodes back is the body of the idol girl, Shiho who wants out.
臭い-
Jul 10, 2021 5:35 AM
May 2020
really is a small world huh
Jul 10, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2018
Awesome episode as always! Yano rapping is fire
8 out of 10
Jul 16, 2021 5:36 AM

Mar 2015
Another great episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 21, 2021 11:45 PM

Aug 2020
A lot of shit is going on. All of this connects back to Dobu and Yano's rivalry. Odokawa is playing a really dangerous role here. Seems like he remembered Kakihana.
Jul 26, 2021 1:51 AM

Aug 2018
This is great, everything is connecting. Very good chapter.
Aug 14, 2021 4:26 PM
Jul 2019
Dobu said he can’t show the dash cam video to his boss. Why can’t he? Won’t his boss be able to identify his daughter?
Aug 20, 2021 5:03 AM
Oct 2019
Odokawa addressing Shiho again as "Calico Cat" and Yamamoto seems confused about it.
So this Odokawa identified others as Animal might actually true.

Wow i legit never heard of this "Synesthesia" before.

Lmao Yano RAP was really good.

Damn Poor Kakihana, when he said the dialogue to his mom through the Phone, almost like i can feel his pain and desperation.

Each episodes just keep getting better and better, as all the moving pieces slowly connected.
Aug 21, 2021 4:05 PM

Jul 2016
Was expecting Shiho to feel some grade of remorse but nope, it seems she's a full-time bitch.

As for Kakihana, he had it coming so I don't feel bad for him in the slightest. Yano is something else tho. Making Kakihana call his mother while he snickers in the background? Dude, that's sinister.
Aug 29, 2021 11:08 AM

Feb 2018
Damn Odo is really playing Dobu, big bro Daimon, connected Eiji's missing and handling Imai at the same time for not getting robbed, Odokawa's truly built different.
Sep 13, 2021 8:52 AM

Jul 2015
Odokawa is quite the extraordinary taxi driver so far with his ability to instantly recognize people he's seen before and also his smooth secret recording of Dobu.
Got the feeling that his ability has something to do with the world being full of animals as nobody in this series has used animal terms except Odokawa.

Oct 17, 2021 4:48 PM

Apr 2020
So that's why Odakawa was able to figure out someone's identity quickly even if they were wearing a mask.
Nov 20, 2021 9:19 AM
Nov 2020
Odokawa becomes a double agent and works to save Lottery boy...
Feb 12, 2022 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
Odakawas genius is called synesthesia eh
Mar 30, 2022 8:59 AM

Apr 2016
So yeah, Odokawa sees everyone as animal even when he isn't present. Meh.
Apr 17, 2022 3:01 PM

Jun 2020
Reapermask said:
Odokawa is quite the extraordinary taxi driver so far with his ability to instantly recognize people he's seen before and also his smooth secret recording of Dobu.
Got the feeling that his ability has something to do with the world being full of animals as nobody in this series has used animal terms except Odokawa.

wdym by animal terms
May 11, 2022 10:20 AM

Feb 2021
Huh, so Goriki and Shirakawa think that Odokawa is suffering from some kind of disorder? It might be true considering a weird shift in his nature...

Honestly, Taichi is becoming so annoying. He's literally become what a small YouTuber becomes after having a massive hit and now he's dabbling into cash grabs and being a douchebag. The author has some really well-written characters to make us hate or love them as we do.

Poor Kakihana. He shouldn't have lied about his earnings. Now he's caught up in this.

Why do I feel Odokawa has something huge planned out. Not to mention he sent Little Daimon his proof.

Yano is so darn annoying. He reminds me of Killer Bee's shitty raps.

May 11, 2022 10:22 AM

Feb 2021
Ayo, I read so many forum posts claiming about the Odokawa seeing people as animals and that's a damn good theory. It pretty much feels canon at this point.

Jul 26, 2022 7:29 PM

May 2020
seriously nobody would want to be friends with yano like just stop rapping for five fucking minutes

also when kakihana was on the phone with his mom... what a heartbreaking scene
Jan 8, 2023 6:59 PM

Aug 2017
Free my mans Kakihana. He doesn't deserve this suffering. He only wanted to find love.
He has to deal with getting beat up by Yano's goons and with Yano's flaming bars and rap.

Oct 15, 2023 6:56 PM

Mar 2012
Odokawa's real lucky that Dobu is a sloppy criminal. Why in the world would he allow Odokawa to use his phone when they're discussing incriminating details, especially after he gets a bit sketched out from being asked so many questions lol.
Jan 1, 2:04 PM

Jan 2022
I think at this point, Odokawa is in danger. Yano's team has figured out he's working with Dobu which is not good. I figured that Odokawa had an imaginary friend after the previous episode because he put tape on the gunshot hole and said "now you can't escape" or something like that. How would a girl escape? Poor Kakihana is completely oblivious to the fact that he was being used. Whatever happened to the girl's phone that was slid between the seats? I completely forgot about that until now. It took Odokawa a sec to realize the calico cat was the same girl that matched with Kakihana. The whole theory that Odokawa sees people as animals is essentially confirmed at this point. Obviously everyone looks like animals all the time because otherwise it would be too obvious.
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 16, 9:44 AM

Jun 2021
Odokawa finally realizing he needs to save Kakihana, that poor guy has been through enough already
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

389 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 3, 2021

90 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.