Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The mech that Back Arrow goes up against this episode gives me final boss vibes lol

Not a fan of Bit but he showed a lot of guts this episode. Seems this anime is setting up for a huge fight for the next few episodes.
May 21, 2021 9:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The last transformation/fusion looks pretty cool, but otherwise even though it was action-packed it's still boring xD
May 21, 2021 10:03 AM
Sep 2015
Yes, the scale of battle is escalating bigger and bigger just like Gurren Lagann.

Young Zetsu is quite hot, but not as hot as Kai.
May 21, 2021 10:14 AM
Dec 2010
did not see most of what happened coming,

Granedger turning into a giant robot

My theory was that Rudolph was actually a giant briheight so this was different then what I expected.

Also surprised Disonanza fell but she had fought a lot.

I honestly am not a fan of zetsu or rekka but this was cool

Not sure what will happen next but with four more episodes to go, I assume quite a lot will
shadowiiMay 21, 2021 10:49 AM
May 21, 2021 10:21 AM

Jul 2017
WACK IT MAN, everyone is PISSED!

The advantageous side being Rudolph, and for once, both Rekka and Granedger are working together on different terms and similar values: Kai and Ren Sin for Shu Bi's revenge loss, and Granedger for Back Arrow.

Obviously without the Zhuge Liang strategist, Granedger is at a loss, and they have to do something about it, the one obvious case being eliminating the evil "offerings to God" Rudolph is but just more than a simple case of erasing Lingalind and the world itself.

The Destroyer manipulated by the Creator of the world a.k.a pawn of God vs. the union of Granedger, Rekka and Lutoh = ONE EPIC BATTLE. It's bad on the character front where Emperor Zetsu has to convince Arrow to work together: the cliché of "friendship is power", but the union of both Zetsu and Arrow NGL is downright cool.

Rudolph has finally shown his Dreadnought, and is easily the final boss of this whole debacle. With God's will, a lone Bit shall thwart even if he is scared, but I admit he's got guts to face Rudolph head on with Shu's legacy, and as true to Kazuki Nakashima's style: a mech battle.

Spruce up for the final quarter.
May 21, 2021 10:22 AM

Jan 2008
Pretty solid episode. We got a mix of character development for a couple of individuals including Bit himself. It's nice to see the build up and foreshadowing pay off. While it does does suggest Shu Bi is staying dead, at least for now, I think the trade-off is working so far.

On the other hand...Disonanza may or may not be dead. I'm undecided about this right now. By the way, Rudolph's strange Briheight does explain where those hands came from during his regular attacks.

Zetsu got several highlights, including but not limited to his team up with Arrow. Which seems like something that will climax next week, so I'm hyped.

Incidentally, we finally got to see the dreadnaught transform and that worked really well as a good note to end the episode on.

Ashhk said:
The last transformation/fusion looks pretty cool, but otherwise even though it was action-packed it's still boring xD

No, it is you who are boring! /s

Seriously, the idea of watching a show all the way when you believe it's boring...that sounds unpleasant to me.
May 21, 2021 10:27 AM
Apr 2021
I can't believe this anime only has a score of 5.68.
Such a great and silky smooth plot, such great characterization.
It feels like onepiece mixed with Fullmetal alchemist .
In my area... Everyone thinks it's a masterpiece and gave it a 9.7 out of 10, and it will probably go up...
May 21, 2021 11:17 AM
Aug 2018
Zetsu and Arrow teaming up, Bit getting his own “Briheight”, Granedger finally getting to transform, lots of cool stuff in this episode. Hope we get a nice fight between Zetsu and Rudolf next week. Considering how strong Rudolf was in this episode, it’s a wonder why God didn’t just use him to destroy Lingalind.

Really neat design for Rudolf’s Dreadnought Diobenedica, looks like a fusion of a totem pole and some Buddhist deity. More Italian words just like Dissonanza’s name, Dio means God, Strage means Massacre and Benedica means Bless.

Shu took two Bind Warpers from Demyne, so there’s still one more trick up their sleeve, since Bit mentioned that his Bind Warper is possible thanks to the joint effort of the three countries, I’m hoping for all three dreadnoughts to combine, Dairekka is right there and I’m hoping Maestrog can be recovered somehow.

Is that really the end of Dissonanza? Kind of underwhelming how easily she got beaten if so, her Briheight blew up but we didn’t see her actual body turn into conviction particles though.
May 21, 2021 12:17 PM
Jul 2019
RIP Shu Bi, hello upgraded , BIT.
May 21, 2021 12:58 PM

Jan 2009
damn if only this was animated and directed well this episode will be awesome more

lol Emperor Zetsu temporarily becomes young again because of his overwhelming power eh

so Rudolphs conviction is "God is everything" now it makes sense why he sucks the dick of God so much

as expected Granedger can change to a giant robot like a lot have been speculating about ever since it first appeared
May 21, 2021 2:36 PM

Feb 2012
Every episode gets crazier and crazier. The jeser character was about to call Kai an irregularity, so the bind warpers Rekka researched on their own go against the ones "god" sends in Rakuho from the sky .

Finally Lingalind is united against Rudolph. This definitely a Nakashima story.. the whole reveal about the world reminded me of the twist in Gurren Lagann and the going against a higher being like anti sprials/gods is definitely reminiscent.

Is that Zetsu's true form? He isn't affected by Back Arrow's death powers.. he's a counterpart to Rudolph (who can switch between his grotesque and handsome forms).

YESS GRANEDGER TRANSFORMED! So Bit was the Simon of this series lol. Shu Bi was his Kamina.
Fortress_MaximusMay 21, 2021 5:09 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 21, 2021 4:13 PM
Mar 2009
If God didn't want Bit to transform Grandedger into a robot, he wouldn't have given it feet.
May 21, 2021 6:13 PM
Apr 2021
This was a very interesting episode, no clue where it's going.. didn't expect Shu to go but...
May 21, 2021 6:23 PM

Aug 2019
we’re getting to Gurren Lagann levels when it comes to mecha transformations holy shit
May 21, 2021 7:35 PM

Oct 2017
Definitely not as good as past episodes but still pretty good, more than anything this episode it's just the teaser for the real good episode which it's gonna be Ep 21.

Brack said:
If God didn't want Bit to transform Grandedger into a robot, he wouldn't have given it feet.

Lmao best comment!

May 21, 2021 11:20 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Whats scarier? God or poverty?
Man, thats deep, Bit. Never expect such a dude really got an important role. Shu was not joking like he always did. Twist always insane near the end. Lol at the clown. The dissapearance of her, really a forgettable one, thanks to Ren and Kai.

Finally they move on the attention to Rudolph. Its about time, they are working together! However, as the last villain, Rudolph sure op af. Got a transparent bunch of hands, and can't even touch by Arrow. He then controlled Arrow, as expected.

Fortunately, Rekkan comes in time. Zetsu proved, once again, to be another insane old character, taking control of Muga, and be a young one. Idk why it can be happening. Mostly i forget about his conviction, his strategy, and such. But, well, thats cool af transformation, Emperor Zetsu, ngl. However, Rudolph still not yet use all of his power. Rudolph had a battle dreadnought too, creating a giant briheight. Chaos everywhere.

Then, another twist comes in. Thats Bit for yah, transformed granedger dreadnought into the giant briheight too! Back to the square again. But, looks like Bit got more power invented, making the battlefield more interesting.

Idk how much words i put into the next one. But, oh well, lets go minna!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 21, 2021 11:25 PM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking shit, what an awesome episode. It's just pure hype.

As if Zetsu wasn't badass enough, he constantly rebuilds himself while Arrow is destroying him, turning himself younger in the process, the true chad protagonist right here folks. Dissonanza also got rekt by Kai and Ren, Rekka out here putting in work. Prax realizing that Rudolph was the one behind every shitty thing that has happened in their lives was also a great moment.

Let's fucking go, finally Bit has gotten his moment. Can't believe the dreadnought actually turned into a briheight itself, might as well let all dreadnoughts combine into an even bigger briheight lmao. Let's go honor Shu's legacy Bit, if he actually stays dead. Looking forward to the next episode, we are nearing the climax.

Also really loved that line by Bit about what's scarier, God or Poverty? Was such a nice line.
May 22, 2021 8:26 AM

Oct 2008
awesome episode!
i hope Shu's legacy: "the secret weapon will give them hope" at least...but anything can happen!
5/5.

May 22, 2021 8:36 AM

Jul 2019
This was a pretty cool episode ngl. It wasnt perfect of course, Dissonanza getting defeated like that was pretty underwhelming and zetsu just getting young made no sense and was mostly unnecessary considering no one reacts to it, so him being old or young is literally the same (similar on how the rudolf being fat or not also makes no difference to the plot nor is it funny). Oh and the art was incredibly inconsistent because this episode had some of the most 2D mecha shots we have had in the show, but it also had some of the worst character art in the show too, so i think the team behind it got a little too ambitious and didnt have the time to correct some of the off model faces.
Despite that tho, it was quite the fun episode. Rekka continues to have the best and coolest characters. Even if he isnt amazing, im warming up to rudolf as the main villain. Very happy to see Bit finally getting some development, he was already not as bad as i initially thought he was in the beginning (just because he wasnt as annoying after those first episodes). And not gonna lie, seeing the giant mecha transformation at the end made me smile, it made (somewhat) sense and it truly felt like a nakashima moment, honestly pretty hyped for next episode
May 22, 2021 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
This is just proving more and more how underrated this show is. This was non-stop hype and twists I somehow didn't see coming. Crazy good stuff for a mech show!

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WTF HAPPENED WITH THIS NEW ARROW TRANSFORMATION. INCREDIBLE
May 23, 2021 12:44 AM

Oct 2017
They called him useless, on your faces suckers. It's Bit's time to shine.
May 24, 2021 1:26 PM

Jan 2021
The Powercreep is real in this episode
May 26, 2021 1:15 AM
Mar 2012
that's some 100% hype fight.
Zetsu wat? 100 warpers!? Zetsu + Muga is crazy. Everyone's improving including smooth combo Kai + Ren.
Shu did hint at it, finally Bit the massive ship mech.
May 29, 2021 9:09 AM
Aug 2018
damn, Bit's action really unexpected
Aug 1, 2021 5:04 AM

Jul 2015
When the world needed him the most ...Bit Namital the Great was there to finally put on his bind warper! He really stole the shine this episode from Zetsu in my opinion.

Dec 10, 2021 8:21 PM

Mar 2013
Princess Fine is still a wonderful character as ever.

I think Rudolph was always bluffing of wanting to be a sustenance to his God but when Zetsu reflected all of Back Arrow's beam of light to him,
he deflected it like he was afraid that it would hit him lol. It would probably means he is probably the one controlling most of Back Arrow's movements
with something other than Back Arrow being controlled of this God since he needed to divert the beams of light or am I mistaken.
There seem to be more to Back Arrow's uncontrollable power than I thought.

I just remembered from the previous episodes that Back Arrow went inside one of those portals that Rudolph was currently using to generate those transparent arms/hands and then there were something like stars or another dimension inside it. I did wonder what's inside there...

That fusion of Zetsu and Arrow is really cool. lol That was unexpected, or not...
What's more unexpected was Zetsu transforming from an old geezer to a bulky guy like Rudolph did. lol redundant but good.
Bit transforming...?! into a warper? XD
CrazyButNot4UDec 10, 2021 8:25 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 23, 2021 3:54 PM

Oct 2010
I can not put into words how cool this episode was, still in shock, one of the best anime episodes I have ever watched

More topics from this board

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

54 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 19, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2021

38 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

36 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

29 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Back Arrow Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

40 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 2, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.