Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 20, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, the manager ran into some funny shenanigans in the baths this episode.

Franchouchou is such a friendly group tbh, treating newcomers such as Maimai with welcoming arms. Sakura is so easy to get along with everyone and always seems to connect with others as a friend.

Cute episode imo.
Stark700May 20, 2021 8:48 AM
May 20, 2021 8:47 AM

Jun 2019
The way Maimai fell is how my younger brother acccidentally fell in the shower room, a few years ago. Blood was everywhere. Needless to say, I physically cringed in this episode's accident. It's funny but at the same time it's one of those things I'm constantly careful of.
May 20, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
OH WOW, are we back to Season 1 premiere levels of dark-esque Truck-kun hitting nerve LOLS.

Kotarou "picks" up Maimai Yuzuriha outta the fancy bathhouse, whom he claims to be No. 7 lols, but instead she the constant hyped fan of Franchouchou. What a chance to kidnap a high school girl for the lulz, Kotarou almost got into deep shit. But to welcome her with open arms is the only way to shut what's behind Franchouchou, for better or for worse.

The fan's desperation to be part of the idol group she so idolized, what a feature. Of course, the closest that any hardcore desired fan is imitating their idol, as is Maimai with Sakura and sharing the same sentiments, objectives, goals and shortcomings, you name it, the relationship between No. 1 and Maimai is sweet.

Goijng back to basics with a school audience for the usual festival stuff and Maimai making her No.7 debut, I can say that she easily fits into the Franchouchou formula with ease: the Eight Wise Idols. Too bad her presence is as much as this episode gets, please come back again for another showing, Franchouchou will open arms to you again next time!

A different kind of episode, but a memorable one with Os and a small bucket of tears.

The only exception: that Saga reporter is gunning closer to the truth of Franchouchou.
May 20, 2021 9:04 AM

Sep 2018
Well that was certainly unexpected. But a fun episode, with a few nice callbacks to Season 1 (The intro, flashbacks to past concerts, Maimai singing the S1 ED). Still curious what the journalist is going to do with his information.
Next week we'll get a Yugiri episode! With "part 1" in the title! So even multiple Yugiri episodes! The hype is real!
Edit: Saki being hyped about Tamagotchi filled me with joy.
Donphan-senpaiMay 20, 2021 9:08 AM
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
May 20, 2021 9:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That remake of season 1 episode 1 first scene at the beginning hahaha, but in the weirdest way possible.
So n°7 Maimai is joining Franchouchou for a single episode, well that was fun, but she's not a zombie...
And actually with that end things are getting tenser, I feel like the "revelation about their identities" plot is coming very soon!
May 20, 2021 9:11 AM

Oct 2017
This was a sweet and short ride with Maimai voiced by HanaKana. She suddenly joined em due to Kotarou killing her ahem but she didn't die. Thou her leaving was even more sudden lol. Nonetheless it was a fun episode with quite an emotional scene at the end. Also I wonder what the reporter's gonna do.
MegamiRemJun 17, 2021 8:07 AM
May 20, 2021 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
Maimai was cute, and I loved how they used the same track, as they did for Sakura when she got truck kun'd lmao. That was a great touch.

Also next weeks ep yoooooooooooooo holy fuck
May 20, 2021 9:17 AM
Mar 2019
Best episode so far
May 20, 2021 9:17 AM

Apr 2020
Looks like I'm the first to informed that Maimai's CV is Kana Hanazawa. Firstly I thought it was Kaede Hondo voiced two girls. I know the time that Maimai's holding the mic, feels like a bad feeling. This eps is a sad goodbye. KanaHana even sang Hikarie, which is a supposed graduation song. The drama feels so stronger on this eps.

Next preview showed Yuugiri's past, I think. Or it focuses on Yuugiri.
May 20, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
Franchouchou got new or I would say a former member, Maimai. I never expected that before and it was even more unexpected when Maimai graduated from Franchouchou after her debut performance. btw, It was a very memorable experience for her while staying with Franchouchou. I wish to see her more in the future episode.
It was very nice to listen to Hikari e in the anime again since it is my favorite song. The song feels sad yet beautiful and has a very good meaning.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 20, 2021 9:29 AM

Mar 2019
So much more than a silly zombie idol anime. Been a while since I watched the first season but man I feel like this season has gone above and beyond its predecessor.
May 20, 2021 9:31 AM

Dec 2016
This feels incredibly left fielded even for such a whacky show about zombie idols.

For starters, why did the producers of the show created such a cliche character as MaiMai (huge boobs, clumsy kind that manages to mix the men showers from the ladies one) and to top it all off she is voiced by Kaede Hondo using the exact same pitch tone she does as Sakura. It's not even hilarious like the last episode of Elaina having Kaede Hondo voicing more than a 12 characters just for the lulz, it just feels weird. Edit: I just noticed that it was indeed Hanakana who voiced Maimai, but my point stands that she pretty much matches Kaede Hondo's pitch voicing Sakura.

This episode sets a predicament that is easily solved at the end in order to return to the status quo of the group. The only reason for this quick introduction and goodbye is probably to make MaiMai an important character at the climax of the series, or something like that (hope they stick to Chekov's gun law)

Hopefuly the rest of the episodes finally stop with the filler kind of episodes and give us substancial background info on Yugiri & Tae that seem to be the most influential characters for the group
KimurahMay 20, 2021 9:35 AM
May 20, 2021 9:39 AM
Oct 2014
i heard kanahana and yukarin voice
May 20, 2021 9:45 AM
Mar 2021
Great stuff. I likes Maimai and her staying would have been an interesting twist. As for the post-credits scene, the plot seems to be thickening and the guy has even information on Tae!!!
May 20, 2021 9:56 AM

Sep 2019
I was really happy to hear Hanakana's voice, I wanted see more of her character :(
May 20, 2021 10:05 AM

Jan 2021
Lets go yuugiri episode next
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
May 20, 2021 10:05 AM
Jan 2021
"So... we have a new member today... Number Seven... Please Clap"

"wait...... she's alive"

May 20, 2021 10:12 AM

Nov 2013
So, Maimai is voiced by KanaHana and I noticed her pink-haired friend is Yukari Tamura. Is her other friend also a big name seiyuu I didn't recognize?
May 20, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
The whole episode I was thinking, is Kana Hanazawa really going to join them? But no, of course not, you could see it coming. Such a shame, Maimai had such a huge... personality.

The intro a la Sakura was amazing xD.

Yugiri episode next week let's go!!!!
May 20, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2013
JGChaves said:
So, Maimai is voiced by KanaHana and I noticed her pink-haired friend is Yukari Tamura. Is her other friend also a big name seiyuu I didn't recognize?
Not 100% sure, but I think she was voiced by Yui Horie.
May 20, 2021 10:30 AM
Jun 2009
Fun episode! Kind of sad Maimai didn't join, but felt it coming. Loved hearing Kana Hana. Hope we get a new recording of Hikarie, it's one of my favorites.

Best of all, Yugiri episode incoming!! She even apologizes for the long wait, I love it.
RiichiroMay 20, 2021 10:57 AM
May 20, 2021 10:37 AM
Mar 2021
I watch this show for the manager, today was very satisfying :)
May 20, 2021 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
Illyricus said:
JGChaves said:

you're guessing absolutely right.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
May 20, 2021 10:40 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode! Apart from the female seiyuu cameos (I guess you can call them cameos?) we also had Hiro Shimono with his best "things are bad *panics*" voice.

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."
May 20, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
sasahara_n said:
Illyricus said:

Thank you for confirming it! Good to know my ears are still as sharp ever.
May 20, 2021 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
Kinda bummed that Maimai will not be a permanent member of the group but I guess not. Still a great episode tho
May 20, 2021 11:00 AM
May 2021
sasahara_n said:
Illyricus said:

She was voiced by Hanakana. It was confirmed by her latest tweet https://twitter.com/hanazawa_staff/status/1395408988108324865?s=19
May 20, 2021 11:03 AM

Jul 2011
Was a very meaningful episode. To Tatsumi and Maimai.

Tatsumi playing cool, and surprisingly transporting someone without getting caught. I suspect him let Maimai in was mostly because she had the same spirit as Sakura. I say that, seeing Tatsumi reminiscence of Sakura.

Maimai was a refreshing character, had a Nice Body maybe rivaling Yugiri, and had a encounter that she may needed to keep going. Great character overall.

Next week, first part of how/why Yugiri died. I put my bets, on she got caught with one of the sides of the Meiji Restoration.
May 20, 2021 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
While I'll never complain about getting to listen to HanaKana for an episode, this honestly felt like filler. Sure, the start was funny when we were made to think that Maimai had actually died and would actually join the group, but at the end of the day nothing changed whatsoever besides confirmation of who that girl in the glasses in the episode 1 fight scene was. She doesn't join the group (obviously), she's going to keep the secret that Franchouchou are all zombies and that's that; presumably, they're setting up for her to be important to the climax, otherwise this episode would be genuinely pointless.

With episodes like this, I find myself wondering if this show needed a full-cour sequel, as it really feels like they're stretching for content at this point and we're only just over halfway through. And yet they still haven't gotten around to doing anything with Yugiri or Tae's past, though it does seem like next week is going to finally give us a proper look at Yugiri at last (good to see the show actually remembers she exists).
May 20, 2021 11:09 AM

Mar 2019
Holy moly, what an amazing episode. ZS never disappoint us with new surprises.

I really love Maimai, she is clumsy, cute and has some BIIG things. She could easily be my favorite girl from the series. But I do agree she doesn't fit into the group sadly...although her song was amazing and I wish we will see her again someday
May 20, 2021 11:18 AM

Dec 2013
Hopefully Maimai is shown more in the future.
May 20, 2021 11:25 AM
May 2019
Rakabat said:
Looks like I'm the first to informed that Maimai's CV is Kana Hanazawa. Firstly I thought it was Kaede Hondo voiced two girls. I know the time that Maimai's holding the mic, feels like a bad feeling. This eps is a sad goodbye. KanaHana even sang Hikarie, which is a supposed graduation song. The drama feels so stronger on this eps.

Next preview showed Yuugiri's past, I think. Or it focuses on Yuugiri.
Oh so it was HanaKana's voice. I thought it was Ueshama's cuz the voice reminded me of Umi Kousaka of Mirishita.
May 20, 2021 11:46 AM
Jul 2016
Maimai was too cute, honestly!!!
But she kinda reminded me of Mari from the Evangelion Rebuild movies...
Does anyone else get those vibes lol???
May 20, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
was pretty unexpected seeing Maimai being introduced as a new member as is, but also pretty surprising how she left so soon lol. Then again, the 7 are already well established so a new character would slow things down a bit

though ngl KanaHana is the perfect type of seiyuu for this kind of series lmao
May 20, 2021 12:04 PM

Apr 2015
That opening scenes, the flashback to that first episode was real. Kotaro jumping the gun on what happened almost ruined the secret of Franchouchou. Luckily for him, she's a fan and tight lipped.

Seems I am not the only one who thought it was Kaede Hondo who was voicing both Sakura and Maimai, but leave it to Kana Hanazawa to be able to imitate Sakura's voice to perfection for Maimai. Near the end when she started singing solo, it was more noticeable that it was Hanazawa instead.

Highschoolers left traumatized after guy picks up school principal.

So Maimai only part of Franchouchou for one day, honestly it was fun but also a bit random. Overall, hope to see more of her.

Yuugiri focus, finally!!! We are gonna get to see her past and I love that she apologizes in the preview for it taking so long. Let's go!!
May 20, 2021 12:16 PM

Sep 2020
I can't believe they brought back the death metal, that was so damn funny and unexpected, I thought that girl actually died. The rest of this episode was funny too and I would have liked to see more of that girl but it seems like she's too similar to Sakura and wouldn't really have a place among the group.

Kotaro always seems to be on top of things in the weirdest ways, you can tell when something is going his way because if it isn't he is freaking out. I think he knew that girl would quit the group from the beginning or something and that's why he was so calm after she was alive. When she was dead however he couldn't handle the situation at all and didn't know what to do. Also the way he started into the corner of the classroom was interesting, I really hope to see his and Sakura's past relationship soon.

It looks like their past is going to be dug up anyways, that news guy is really piecing things together. I wonder what he's going to use that information for, could be tense.

Overall a hilarious, heartwarming, and great episode. Can't wait for the next one.

May 20, 2021 12:29 PM
Jul 2014
New episode was awesome, Maimai was such a cute character, although a bit cliche. Hearing her voice I immediately knew it was someone I recognized, and then it hit me that it was Kana Hanazawa. I mainly heard her voice because she sounded exactly like Ichika from Quintessential Quintuplets when she was talking as Mai Mai.

On another note, does anyone know how to get middle cards without the text or anything? This one is by far my favorite and Junko looks so cute but the text is covering her face slightly. Thank you!

May 20, 2021 12:29 PM
Jun 2014
Such a shame that Maimai didn't remain part of Franchouchou, I could guess it was coming after the classroom scene but I held hope until the end because she's a fun character and would have been a great long term addition.
May 20, 2021 12:34 PM

Aug 2019
I already knew from the get go I was going to like this new character once I realized who her voice actor was, sad to see her retire right after her first performance though
snowykevinMay 20, 2021 1:01 PM
May 20, 2021 12:38 PM

Mar 2009
Loved this episode!!!
May 20, 2021 12:52 PM
Jun 2020
Kana Hanazawa \( ≥w≤)/
May 20, 2021 12:53 PM

Feb 2015
Fun episode. Wasn't really at first with the idea of a new member suddenly popping and breaking Franchouchou's group dynamic, but everything went well in the end.

Yugiri episode next week! Hopefully she'll have a dedicated song, I love her classy lady voice.
May 20, 2021 12:57 PM

Aug 2020
Maimai is such a cute character, it would've been nice for her to join Franchouchou.
May 20, 2021 1:11 PM

May 2018
Wlep, Maimai may have been a good addition for Frnachouchou, but it seems that he decided to be a one time wonder with the group realizing, maybe that them members of that Zombie group lived short lives when they were alive and that she sees herself as fortunate to be alive and have a future....

Looks like that Journalist is starting to uncover dirt on them Franchouchou...

Finally next ep, Yuugiri's backstory...........after her , we get to see Tae's backstory as well,
May 20, 2021 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
Chonam said:
sasahara_n said:

She was voiced by Hanakana. It was confirmed by her latest tweet https://twitter.com/hanazawa_staff/status/1395408988108324865?s=19

is it clear enough now?
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
May 20, 2021 3:31 PM

Mar 2013
The sheer state of Kotaro at the start of this episode, I was sure he was gonna have a heart attack.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 20, 2021 4:04 PM

Aug 2018
Funny episode, I didn't expect a new member in the idol group but it was fine. Though I had the feeling it would only be a temporary role and yes it was : still an original & enjoyable episode
May 20, 2021 4:16 PM
May 2021
sasahara_n said:
Chonam said:

is it clear enough now?

Maybe. But i think the Black haired one was voiced by Ueda Hitmomi. Her tweet was mentioned that she just played in this series but she does't give any clue who's that. So i think it was her

Her tweet: https://twitter.com/Weeeda_I/status/1395402405903097858?s=19
May 20, 2021 4:51 PM

Jun 2017
Woah that went from 0 to 100 real quick, 2 times even.

I thought it would be pretty fresh to have an actual living member in the group but then that got voided fast.

Seems like we are finally getting a backstory on Yuugiri next week. This season is really bringing out the big guns.
May 20, 2021 5:27 PM

May 2017
I kept thinking, Is maimai straight up gonna die right after she leaves franchouchou? woulda been funny. but I guess there needs a line between gags and actual plot. great episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

235 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 10, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.