Sep 2020
Rest in peace, legend

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
May 20, 2021 1:47 AM
Jun 2020
Sending all my prayers and energy to his family. I'll always remember Miura and his amazing works.
May 20, 2021 1:47 AM

Sep 2019
rest in peace miura, your masterpiece is held dear to many people.

it was heartwrenching to read the author of Hajime no Ippo on twitter talk about his time with Miura

i may be stupid
May 20, 2021 1:50 AM

Apr 2021

very sad

will someone take over or berserk or it will be not completed?
May 20, 2021 1:55 AM

Aug 2018
Thank you for everything, Berserk has brought great joy to millions of people, myself included, it’s a true masterpiece. Rest In Peace Miura, you deserve it
May 20, 2021 1:57 AM

Aug 2018
Rest in peace legend
_______I like rocks__
May 20, 2021 1:59 AM

Mar 2015
Rest in peace, he was so young too.

I haven't read Berserk myself, but I've seen Miura's art and he is definitely one of the most talented artists out there. It's heartbreaking to see him go so early.

Regardless of whether Berserk gets finished or not, it will for sure be remembered as one of the greatest manga to ever exist.
May 20, 2021 1:59 AM
May 2021
I cant belive that he just 54 still very young for death 😢😢
May 20, 2021 2:03 AM
Mar 2008
Thank you for everything Miura, rest in peace.
May 20, 2021 2:07 AM

Jan 2020
This is just.... This is just so sad and unexpected. I know he was suffering from quite a lot of health issues, but didn't think it would turn out to be fatal....

Thank you, Miura. Although Berserk may not be finished, it will remain as one of the greatest pieces of literature ever. Rest in peace.
May 20, 2021 2:11 AM
May 2017
This is really heart breaking to hear. Gone too soon. Rest in peace, you will be missed dearly.
May 20, 2021 2:16 AM

May 2015
Rest in peace to a legend. Thank you having a big impact on my life and countless others. May your soul rest well.
May 20, 2021 2:20 AM

Sep 2018
Oh my God! Reading this news was like a bolt from the blue for me. R.I.P. Maestro. @_@
May 20, 2021 2:25 AM

Jun 2010
Rest in peace, Kentarou Miura-san. Thank you for creating such a piece of art as Berserk and a character as Guts.
May 20, 2021 2:27 AM

Jan 2017
Man this just fucking hurts!!
Manga and animes are our escape from reality and now that too gets shattered with tragedies like this.
Rest in peace Legend.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
May 20, 2021 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
Berserk 2016 was a good anime. It was one of my best anime because of how its packed with great fight scenes especially Guts struggling to protect Casca.

Condolence to the people around him.
May 20, 2021 2:34 AM

Jul 2013
I wake up to this and I am in complete shock. This was so sudden and tragic. I haven't read Berserk, but this man had a great art and was a legend in the world of anime/manga. My condolences to his family (and to Berserk fans) and may he rest in peace.
May 20, 2021 2:36 AM
Jul 2020
To us aspiring Mangaka… We need to carry on his legacy. Rest in Paradise
May 20, 2021 2:44 AM

Nov 2017
Very tragic news.. Rest In Peace.

plz @ me
May 20, 2021 2:49 AM

Feb 2019
alexa play Gut's theme
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 20, 2021 2:50 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I had really taken this man releasing a handful of Berserk chapters every year for granted, so I'm beyond shocked. Even if it took decades I always thought we'd get to see Miura's magnum opus finally finished. Then Miura would retire to play Idolmaster to the end of his days. Reality is too disapointing...
May 20, 2021 2:52 AM

Jul 2011
Basszuskulcs. I even didn't know he had such illness. I know lot of fan feared that he would die before finish his master piece but that something sorrowful thing happen this soon... Rest in a piece Miura-sensei.
Berserk was a little bit too dark to me but in the same time I was amazed by the beautiful artstyle and the great storyline. The world of mangas lost one of the most talented creater.

Yeah, I understand you, but I can't write in English. Yeah, one of the most easiest language. But in exchange I can speak and write one of the most difficult: Hungarian :D - Akinek nem tetszik valami, elmehet Kukutyinba zabot hegyezni.
May 20, 2021 2:54 AM

Aug 2019
Rest in peace you legend
May 20, 2021 3:04 AM
Apr 2017
Om Shanti 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
May 20, 2021 3:05 AM

Jul 2011
M-Sapry said:
It's sad that the family decided to hide this for two weeks, I guess they expected the worst from the community and gave themselves time to grief.

I think that's the reason. I lost my Grandma in March and after more than I week I didn't have power to go to any shop in her village. She was wellknown in her village because she was benefactor of lot of people when she worked in the local government. When somebody asked when will be her funeral I just started crying. Because of the pandemia it couldn't be public funeral so I shouldn't have told to anybody when will be.

I don't know what's the current situation in Japan but I'm sure Miura's family wanted to make public this sad news after his funeral.

Yeah, I understand you, but I can't write in English. Yeah, one of the most easiest language. But in exchange I can speak and write one of the most difficult: Hungarian :D - Akinek nem tetszik valami, elmehet Kukutyinba zabot hegyezni.
May 20, 2021 3:05 AM

Aug 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 20, 2021 3:07 AM
Aug 2015
Vindstot said:

Prolific manga author Kentarou Miura, best known for creating Berserk, died on May 6 at 2:48 p.m. due to an acute aortic dissection. He was 54 years old.

"We would like to express our utmost respect and gratitude to Miura's works and pray for his soul.," reads a brief obituary posted by Hakusensha on Thursday. The publisher thanked the readers for enjoying his works. The funeral was held privately by his family.

Miura was born in Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture in 1966. Both his parents were designers and supported his passion for drawing. At the early age of 10 in 1976, Miura created his first work Miuranger, which appeared in his school's publications and spanned 40 volumes. The following year, he created his second work Ken e no Michi (The Way to the Sword) using India ink. While still in junior high in 1979, Miura began training himself with professional drawing techniques.

In 1982, Miura entered an artistic curriculum in high school, where he and his classmates began publishing their works in school leaflets. With their help, Miura published his first doujinshi in a fan-produced magazine that year. At the age of 18, he briefly worked as an assistant for Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit) creator George Morikawa. Acknowledged his artistic talent, Morikawa promptly dismissed him, saying there was nothing he could teach that Miura did not already know.

Miura applied for an art course at the Nihon University in 1985 and submitted a work titled Futatabi (Rewind) at the entrance examination, which granted him admission. The title subsequently earned him the Best New Author prize in Weekly Shounen Magazine. Miura's first serialized work, Noa, began in the same magazine later that year. However, the manga was stalled and eventually dropped due to Miura's difference of opinion with one of the editors.

While attending college in 1988, Miura published a 48-page Berserk prototype in the November issue of Monthly Comicomi. He began his career in earnest after graduating the next year, simultaneously drawing Ourou (King Of Wolves)—based on a script by Buronson (born Okamura Yoshiyuki) (Hokuto no Ken)—and Berserk in Monthly Animal House.

Young Animal, successor to the Monthly Animal House magazine, serialized Ourou's sequel Ourouden (Legend of the Wolf King) in 1990. Hakusensha published the first volume of Berserk in November that year with relatively limited success. Miura once again collaborated with Buronson on the manga Japan in 1992. Following the serialization of Berserk's Ougon Jidai-hen (Golden Age Arc) in the same year, Miura rose to popularity, becoming one of the most prominent contemporary manga creators due to its immense success.

In 1997, Miura supervised the production of the 25-episode television anime adaptation of Berserk by animation studio OLM. Studio 4°C produced an anime film trilogy in 2012–2013. A second anime series, co-produced by Millepensee and Gemba, debuted in Summer 2016, followed by a second season in Spring 2017.

Miura serialized a seven-chapter mini manga series Giganto Makhia (Giganto Maxia) in Young Animal in 2013–2014, originally planned as a 20th anniversary commemorative project of the magazine. The manga marked his first original title in 24 years since he began Berserk. Miura began a new manga titled Duranki in Young Animal Zero in September 2019, in collaboration with Studio Gaga—a manga production studio founded by him.

Source: Oricon News
RIP Sweet Prince...
May 20, 2021 3:11 AM

Dec 2013
BatoKusanagi said:
I had really taken this man releasing a handful of Berserk chapters every year for granted, so I'm beyond shocked. Even if it took decades I always thought we'd get to see Miura's magnum opus finally finished. Then Miura would retire to play Idolmaster to the end of his days. Reality is too disapointing...
I couldn't agree more. I always assumed I would go before Berserk did. Thank you. Miura Kentarou.
May 20, 2021 3:16 AM

Sep 2019
Danpmss said:
Peeti said:
hundreds of thousands looks right. Because fans even bought all the volumes so a single fans can purchase multiple copies.

That's rarely the case, Berserk didn't even have many sales for limited editions in Japan, and the costly limited ones it got in the west sold even less and were for dedicated collectors only.

Those are a vast minority, it definitely has more than a million different people buying, considering those numbers are from 5 years ago.

Let alone another vast portion of fans that just read online for free without buying copies, that is usually even larger. What is the point you are even trying to make in here?
What I am saying is that millions of fans for a manga is not normal.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
May 20, 2021 3:24 AM

May 2021
What?! This is absolutely horrible! And so sad :( I have no words, that's truly shocking and unexpected for me.
May 20, 2021 3:26 AM

Oct 2010
rip master
thank you so much for the wonderful tale of guts. the ending is in our hearts
May 20, 2021 3:30 AM

Oct 2020
rest in peace.
I've never read beserk but, for sure I'm gonna read it soon.
May 20, 2021 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
This is a loss not only of the manga world, but comics and media in general. May he rest in peace, the impact he left will never be forgotten. Thank you Miura.
May 20, 2021 3:39 AM

Jan 2018

by Yaeger_Austin

by snowykevin

This two pictures exactly describing how i am feeling now... An hour ago i read about this SAD information on twiter of Yamashita Bungo sensei and at the first time i couldn't believe it! I am very sad, because person who was bringing happiness and amazing times to people who trully enjoyed his amazing work (and his team of course!) died at age 54?! 54!!!! That's middle age man who should be enjoying his life, with family, friends and still looking forward for many productive years! I am very very sad and would like to say only ご冥福をお祈りいたします

And i understand that his family's mourning, but dunno keep in silence for 2 weeks that he's not among us, is kinda... But who am i to judge anyone... That pain for them must be even bigger that i am feeling now

:'(

My signature is coppied from another forum, because currently i don't have nothing better
AlienWare M17X5 (2013-2016), MSI GT73VR 6RF TITAN PRO (2016-Presence)
May 20, 2021 3:42 AM

Apr 2019
This is so sad man, i just read the first volume of berserk
May 20, 2021 3:48 AM

Apr 2020
Really sad news, may he be in a better place now. He created a masterpiece of a manga that he has put so much effort into. It's sad that it will stay unfinished but
Truly, Thank you
May 20, 2021 3:53 AM

Mar 2014
I cannot believe this is true, I'm in tears and I never knew him personally. He was so young, and he said he still loved writing Berserk. He was nearing the climax of the story and now it will never be over but it will forever remain a masterpiece in my heart. This is heartbreaking, may he rest in peace.
May 20, 2021 3:54 AM
Sep 2017
Rest in peace, legend.
May 20, 2021 3:55 AM
Jul 2019
RIP legend... One of the greatest mangakas of all times, Berserk change my life for ever... Thank you for your masterpiece
May 20, 2021 3:56 AM
May 2021
Damn, that's so sad :(
I started reading Berserk few weeks ago.
Rest in piece.
May 20, 2021 4:00 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
M-Sapry said:
It's sad that the family decided to hide this for two weeks, I guess they expected the worst from the community and gave themselves time to grief.

Probably, this is something you never see in the west, whenever someone says it is immediately known, Japan is a different culture, for the worst and for the better.

My BDay was on the day he died so at least I was spared news that would spoil the day, then again, just a few days ago, someone I held dearly for a major part of my life died... it is never a good day to receive news like this.

Hope that the family at least had some time to grief.
May 20, 2021 4:09 AM
Jan 2020
This man was the one who created the fantasy world. He was a person to whom the fantasy works of the world owe and are inspired. The big man who had big dreams may not have been able to show the end that befits those dreams, but still this bad end is beautiful.
May 20, 2021 4:12 AM

Apr 2020
I wonder if he knew how many people across the world his story has moved. For me, the themes of struggling against fate, and showing strength even if you are weak are lessons that I will carry forever. I just can't believe he's gone. Rest in peace Legend, Kentaro Miura.
May 20, 2021 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
rest in paradise, legend.
May 20, 2021 4:14 AM

Jun 2015
i'm fucking devasted, dude, this can't be real
May 20, 2021 4:17 AM
Dec 2018
Thank you for creating one of the best manga out there
May 20, 2021 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
RIP to a legend. This manga and the characters changed my life. I hope you are able to find eternal peace. It feels like the characters have passed on with you... sad day for manga and anime community and all the other facets affected by this greatness. Terrible day for rain...
May 20, 2021 4:23 AM

Jul 2009
Man.. i lost my words
Rest in peace,
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
May 20, 2021 4:24 AM
Dec 2019
Rest in Peace to a wonderful artist and writer
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

34 by eblf2013 »»
4 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
10 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.