Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2021 3:55 PM
Sep 2020
I feel like in this episode they tried to redeem Kyles character a bit and it looks like it worked on a lot of ya'll. I personally just started disliking him more. The bar is incredibly low. I don't care about your reasonings or intentions, actions matter and they've shown he's a self-centered vain prick. He doesn't care about Aira, he cares about the crown and his quilt. f this guy. I hope Aira, Sei and blonde girl (forgot her name excuse me) can all become wholesome friends.
May 19, 2021 8:42 PM

Jan 2008
I'm glad they took the time to give the other girl Aira some screentime. I'm curious about the other guy in the photograph beside her next to who I think is her mother? They added "honey" in the subs for some reason, even though that's not what they said. For all we know that could have been her brother. I hate it when official subbers insert unnecessary text.

This series does a good job of accomplishing the goal of making the crown prince Kyle as dislikeable as possible, at least in my eyes because I can't stand him...he may be good enough for some others and even soften their opinion of him after this episode, but that controlling personality just aint my cup of tea. That only makes me hate him even more!

Imagine you're a girl and want to go out with your girlfriends for shopping trip, and your bf says no, you have to stay put at home, with him, for your own "protection"...the only thing is, he's not your bf, but your engaged friend's fiance who says you can't go out or even chat with any other girl or guy that he doesn't allow, and finally doesn't even allow you to talk to your friend (his own fiance) like, wtf. I don't care how awkward they try to make him out to be, that's no excuse even if his intentions are in the right place. Anybody familiar with abusive relationships will know this type of behavior is just the first warning signs, the red flags on the tip of the iceberg. Although I'm sure he doesn't see himself that way as everybody only ever sees themselves as the hero in their own story. He is totally to blame and the source for all of this series' troubles (2nd only to the literal monsters themselves).

The fiance Elizabeth deserves so much better than that self-centered prince, where she's treated as a villain by him for no good reason.

And Aira isn't doing much better in regards to making her character likeable, allowing herself to be dragged along on a short lease like a lost feeble puppy, and seemingly being content with that fact near the end of the episode. She really needs to learn to just say "No" once in a while, as she clearly seems to want to be friends with the other girls in her class. Can't imagine her lasting long in the life of cut-throat aristocratic political factions, who I'm sure wouldn't hesitate to poison or assassinate their rivals. But then again, I have to remind myself that this is a shoujo series with all your usual tropes, so something that seriously bad is unlikely to ever happen, or be stopped by your knight in white shining armor coming to save the day before something that serious even occurs.

ceramexis said:
I feel like in this episode they tried to redeem Kyles character a bit and it looks like it worked on a lot of ya'll. I personally just started disliking him more. The bar is incredibly low. I don't care about your reasonings or intentions, actions matter and they've shown he's a self-centered vain prick. He doesn't care about Aira, he cares about the crown and his quilt. f this guy. I hope Aira, Sei and blonde girl (forgot her name excuse me) can all become wholesome friends.

100%! Couldn't agree with you more.
Estoy_GordoMay 19, 2021 9:03 PM
May 19, 2021 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
I understood Aira and Kyle's personalities deeply. They're well-written characters, too. Kyle tends to protective Aira though.
Aira seems naive but nice at heart. I hope she gets important friends like Sei and Liz.
May 20, 2021 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
CeddyyBearr said:
Honestly hated when the Prince stepped in very aggressively (to his own fiance for crying out loud) when Elizabeth wanted to talk to Aira.

i kinda agree with that, he was too harsh with her, but after all the other girls kept being mean to her, he probably expected her to do the same
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 20, 2021 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
It seems Aira didn't get it too bad either but I still don't like the Crown Prince.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 20, 2021 8:58 PM
Nov 2020
Aira is so cute. The way she carries herself and handles different situations can easily draw you towards her (e.g. the attendant guy getting flustered/smitten when he say Aira calmly using her water magic to dry herself). It seems like the magic teacher (with the glasses) is developing a liking for her as well.
May 21, 2021 7:04 PM

Jun 2012
The prnce going all ''I dissed the real Saint because of my pride, so I need to play the fool, so that Aira doesn't stay captive in the palace in case she isn't the Saint. I summoned her after all...'' flexing higher moral ground and enlightenment when he knows the problem was his pride... but in that same sentence he completely ignores that Sei is in the exact same position as Aira.

So there goes his effort about forsaking his pride in two seconds after he realizing it's a problem lol
May 22, 2021 8:52 AM

Nov 2013
i don't know why but i always thought aira would be kinda evil or full of herself but she's actually so sweet and also prince kyle surprised me a lot cuase he's also not so evil after all i wonder how it'll all turn out
May 25, 2021 7:37 PM

Nov 2009
Forgot to watch this episode...

Anyways...

As I already expected, Aira isn't that "bad girl"

We've already discussed this before, but Aira is just being a regular girl.

Everything that's going wrong is the Isekai world itself, the guys are the ones that keeps on trying to push themselves against Aira and Aira getting the bad eye from the other girls cause of it. Aira isn't really doing anything wrong. Dumb fuck Prince is just making it worse.

As for the Prince, he's still a stupid ass. He isn't "evil", we've already know that, we hate him cause of his attitude. He likes to push for his own desire regardless of what anyone else thinks. Just like how he literally pushed Sei aside and forced Aira to go around with him regardless of what they think. (OOO, Cute Girl must be the Saint and the Ugly one must be just a servant...)

It's also why majority of ppls in their world dislike the Prince. "Must be strict to keep peace" (totally not Dictatorship that push for your own agenda regardless of people's actual well-being), LOL, Fuck You ass.

Plus... "save our world from destruction"... we've been up to 8 episodes now, and I still haven't seen any "destruction" besides the usual monster hunting. (that's pretty much regular for Fantasy Isekai World). If I could Isekai myself and jump into this world, I would be doing the "destruction" on this Prince. Cause he deserve it.

___ ___ ___

Also, Eliz best friend, she's literally the only one that actually "cares" about Aira. Everyone else is just pushing themselves onto her regardless of her freewill. (in this case, Aira is literally being turned into the "servant" by the Prince)

Compared to Sei's current Life, Aira's Isekai Life is pure crap. She had some fun until everything is ruined by the Prince every single time. (you can tell at the end of episode, Aira's literally forcing herself to smile)
amlgMay 25, 2021 7:53 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 7, 2021 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
So Prince Kyle is keeping Aira because:
1. He's embarrassed at the fact he wrong about who was the saint, he longer he prolongs the charade, the more embarrassing it gets for him.
2. Aira, while not the saint, shows potential, so Kyle might believe he can get away with it. (perhaps he'll request Sei to stop using her powers?)

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 8, 2021 5:38 AM

Aug 2019
idk the princes plan seems so dumb
he is putting aira in such a bad spot geez
i hope liz and sei can help her get away from this prince ugh
Jun 14, 2021 1:10 PM

Dec 2016
Aira just say that you like the dark colour...I'm an introvert myself but saying what colour you like, at least that shouldn't be that difficult...

Prince Kyle doesn't seem to be a bad person it's just that he's REALLY bad at approaching people and is way too blunt and his way of speaking is too annoying.

I don't really understand if they are shipping Aira with Prince Kyle or with his assistant that future Prime Minister...to me Aira suits better with the assistant, it'll be kinda weird if it's with Kyle since he already has a fiancé and the assistant definitely seems to have a better personality and thought process than this dumb Prince.

Is that guy Aira's dad, he looks so young that the way he said that line felt so weird ( ̄▽ ̄)
Rickydory123Jun 14, 2021 1:14 PM
Jun 25, 2021 4:02 AM
Mar 2012
Strong characterizations for Aira & Kyle that adds more depth to the previous shallow 'rumors'. Prince is questionably stubborn, but has full loyalty to his kingdom's peace.
Aira's imprisoned by expectations both by her doting parents & the royalty here. Interesting how she's perceptive & meticulous magic control, but too socially awkward & passive too break out yet, def needs more screentime.
Jun 25, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2019
English: Aira has gained my appreciation and Kyle more and more despicable.... Just this.

Português: Aira ganhou minha apreciação e Kyle cada vez mais desprezível... Apenas isto.
Aug 9, 2021 7:48 AM

Apr 2011
Never did I thought Aira is a bad girl to begin with. But that prince is a D head. While he has his reasons. Isolating her from others will do her no good. And he didn't chose Sei because of her appearance is stupid and rude. Glad that the king and others apologized to Sei. Too bad the prince didn't learn any good manners from his father.

I just hope Sei and Kyle's fiance would be able to aproach and help the poor girl.
Aug 25, 2021 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
Aira is such a sweet girl making her situation even more sad with her not having the same strong mental fortitude as Sei and even worse: having to deal with this incompetent prince Kyle.

Sep 15, 2021 2:00 AM

Mar 2013
I see a new light. Kyle as a prince actually has the decency to worry about Aira but he still pisses me of what he did to Sei. He is still oblivious to me.

Sei as a working young woman and Aira as a pampered girl, objectively speaking, from their previous life. This pacing is good and decent enough to swallow me in the story.

So the prince's group is pretty much misrepresented because of their unthinkable ways in their world of doing things and some negative rumors might also be true.

Aira isn't actually bullied here but she was shy and afraid of speaking her true intentions. There were two girls who tried to warn her and spoke to her about the etiquette and customs of their world but when Aira tried to think things through, that oblivious and dense prince took her away. So her overprotection is actually a disadvantage to her.

While I do love Sei's character, Aira need friends and companionship in her life. We can see her here being alone most of the time, poor Aira at the hands of that jerkish, judgemental of a prince. He called Sei as a lowly servant and it is because of her dull appearance?! wut? but despite all of his stubbornness, he still seeks to be established as a new king. I will be looking forward to his achievements but because of his idiocy, it will be a long way until he becomes one since he is still being ungraceful towards others and especially to his fiancé and Aira.

I'm rooting and looking forward to Aira and Kyle's growth as a person.
CrazyButNot4USep 15, 2021 2:13 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 4, 2021 8:38 PM

Jun 2017
Fortress_Maximus said:
So Prince Kyle is keeping Aira because:
1. He's embarrassed at the fact he wrong about who was the saint, he longer he prolongs the charade, the more embarrassing it gets for him.
2. Aira, while not the saint, shows potential, so Kyle might believe he can get away with it. (perhaps he'll request Sei to stop using her powers?)

it may only applicable on the manga but not on the anime since this episode are not exist on the manga.

kyle knew he made a mistake ignoring sei simply because he think sei is aira servant/maid just like how normally a female noble are on their world are.
but the time when he realize his mistake, its already too late especially with the issue which one is the real saint.
we should acknowledge that without "saint" title, aira is only a commoner with bonus skill and most likely she will got mixed on noble world because of her bonus skill.
he keep play as "the fool" and victimising aira so when the charade is over, he would take all the blame and aira being seen only as victim and hopefully out of the harm way from noble world.
Apr 25, 2022 8:59 AM
Mar 2016
madelajn3 said:
i don't know why but i always thought aira would be kinda evil or full of herself but she's actually so sweet and also prince kyle surprised me a lot cuase he's also not so evil after all i wonder how it'll all turn out

I was worried about that since it feels a bit like an obvious trope to make 'the other one' a villain or full of themselves just because they got better treatment. When I saw Elizabeth talking to Sei about the new girl causing trouble I just knew that would be Aira and hope they didn't go the bad route.

Her not knowing customs was acceptable and if she'd read enough manga she may have even seen it as breaking class divides but it would have also been a very lonely route for her. I feel like the girls are only angry with her because they don't get to choose who they are engaged to and so can't really confront the men who are the ones that are actually insulting them. Lets hope that Elizabeth can eventually help her bridge the gap and let some of the other girls know that Aira isn't after their man.
Aug 3, 2022 1:30 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
This is kinda sad. Poor Aira gets transported into another world without knowing it and taken from a life where she was happy and had friends/family then finds out she can never go back and then the cherry on top is that she's not even the Saint so it was all for nothing anyway!?

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Nov 28, 2022 11:07 PM

Feb 2017
Aira "I'll do my best for you."
Girl, he kidnapped you to use you for his own ends-
May 3, 2023 6:56 AM

Dec 2022
I'm glad that Aira is not a white lotus and that she really wanted to be friends with Liz... I hope she can meet Sei soon, too.
Oct 3, 2023 7:30 AM
Oct 2019
Finally the POV episode from Aira.

Yeahh Prince Kyle, that's why you shouldn't judge book by it's cover.
Oct 4, 2023 9:36 PM
Dec 2022
An episode on the other summoned saint - Aira. It shows her situation and how she is coping compared to Sei.
Feb 15, 4:48 AM

Aug 2021
That prince needs someone to slap his face couple of times, he's so annoying
Apr 6, 12:28 AM
Aug 2023
I think what was not stated directly about Kyle mistaking Aira for the Saint, and ignoring Sei as a servant is their ages and the culture differences of such. They said it was appearance, but I think it's more deep than that. Look at Kyle, his friends, and the other students...they look like a bunch of 15 year old kids, but they're acting like university students in their mid to late 20's, and these bunch of 15 year olds are betrothed to each other as if they're in their late 20's. That's because these 15 year olds are consider adults in their world, as if they're in their late 20's to us. Meanwhile Sei is in her mid to late 20's in actuality, to the people in this world she would be considered like she's a 40 year old in our world. Whereas Aira is like 15 year olds in actuality, so they would consider her like she's mid to late 20's as well, but she's actually more like a 8 to 10 year old mentally compared to them. This may explain why Kyle and his friends are so overprotective of Aira, they may have figured out that she acts like a child compared to them. It could be that he won't let Elizabeth talk to Aira because it's like a 30 year old woman pissed that a 15 year old girl is hanging around her fiancée, or like a jealous 15 year old girlfriend pissed that a 8 year old girl is hanging around her boyfriend.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2021

109 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 14, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2021

60 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 5, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2021

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 5, 6:26 AM

» Magical abduction okay?

middle_pickup - Feb 23

23 by Ragon_Qc »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM

» underhyped

casho - Apr 6, 2022

14 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 7, 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.