Forum Settings
Forums

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

New
May 14, 2021 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
removed-userOct 2, 2021 10:33 PM
May 14, 2021 4:21 AM

May 2019
I have many things to do irl so I only watch when I feel really want to tbh.
May 14, 2021 4:24 AM

Jan 2021
I know the anime that I would watch and wouldn't watch later on so its not that hard.
May 14, 2021 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
only_forums_now said:
I have many things to do irl so I only watch when I feel really want to tbh.

I am like this too. I can't focus on any anime or game when I am busy.
May 14, 2021 4:30 AM

Sep 2015
Same here actually.

I started to watch seasonal anime back at the end of 2014 and since I picked up basically everything that looked interesting to me, I ended up watching around 20 shows every season.
I even made myself a shedule and everything, but after about one year and a half I lost interest and was busy with other stuff, so I ended up putting everything on-hold and have now over 70 shows on that list.

I think after finishing Shirobako I'll go through my on-hold list, because there are some really good shows on there, that I'd like to finish or watch from the beginning.
May 14, 2021 4:32 AM

Jul 2012
Burn outs don't happen to me so often but I've been undergoing one for the last two months, so what I've done it's pretty simple... stop watching and/or watch only when I really feel like. That's how it should be anyways lol
I've been increasing watch time slowly now.

Don't push yourself, this is a hobby. And trust me, I understand having lists to clear up cause I'm the same. There's a couple of anime I "scheduled" to start in January/February and I still haven't been able to. But it's ok, no one is rushing us!
May 14, 2021 4:32 AM

Mar 2020
well rn its bnha season 5
the only reason I have zero driving force to picking it up again is because there's no stakes at hand.
May 14, 2021 4:33 AM

Mar 2021
Yeah, same here. I've watched Re:Zero 2nd season untill ep 3 and didn't watch further, Noragami untill ep 3 and Kekkai Sensen untill ep 4. I'm also watching Fate Zero 2nd season rn but I don't really feel like watching more rn.
May 14, 2021 4:36 AM

Nov 2019
I know this feeling so well, I had this with:
    - Naruto: Shippuden
    - Seishun Buta Yarou
    - Yagate Kimi ni Naru
    - Re:Zero 2nd season
    - Black Clover
    - Chaos;Head
    - Darker than Black
    - Kuroshitsuji
    - NHK ni Youkoso
    - Rainbow
    - Renai Boukun
    - SAO
    - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
May 14, 2021 4:40 AM

Jun 2020
I'm actually doing that right now XD. I started 3 or 4 shows but I haven't gone past the 5th episode for all of those shows and I'm already re watching one of my favourites.
May 14, 2021 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
HikariShoumeiron said:
Burn outs don't happen to me so often but I've been undergoing one for the last two months, so what I've done it's pretty simple... stop watching and/or watch only when I really feel like. That's how it should be anyways lol
I've been increasing watch time slowly now.

Don't push yourself, this is a hobby. And trust me, I understand having lists to clear up cause I'm the same. There's a couple of anime I "scheduled" to start in January/February and I still haven't been able to. But it's ok, no one is rushing us!
motakez said:
I know the anime that I would watch and wouldn't watch later on so its not that hard.

Well, the problem here is that I don't like to take long breaks between two consecutive episodes. It ruins the viewing experience for me. Especially for the shows that aren't meant for mindless consumption and are plot heavy. For example, I had to drop Aku no Hana after episode 4 cause I was a little busy for a week or so and then it was really weird to continue watching after 2-3 weeks. I just couldn't feel the same thrills that I felt during the first watch. I don't face similar problems with slice of life, ecchi, comedy and episodic shows.
removed-userMay 14, 2021 4:51 AM
May 14, 2021 4:53 AM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
I've done this with most seasonals I watched as they aired

Still haven't finished Violet Evergarden, UzaMaid!, If It's for my Daughter, Katana Maidens, Anima Yell!, All Routes Lead to Doom!, Between the Sky and Sea, Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood or ZOMBIELAND SAGA season 1

Only ones I can think of that I did finish were My Hero Academia season 4, Hanako-kun, Seton Academy, Cells at Work!, Dragon Maid, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 5 and Mitsuboshi Colors
My greatest contribution to this website:
May 14, 2021 4:59 AM

Sep 2018
If my currently watching list gets too large, I'll try to watch one episode of each anime every one or two days, rather than putting some of them on hold and binging the others.

I also drop pretty easily, so there's no anime I don't look forward to watch on my list.
May 14, 2021 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
Very rarely does that happen in my case.
May 14, 2021 5:07 AM

Mar 2019
First of all, i rarely watch more than one anime at once. But when i feel lazy to finish an anime (which is...rather rare), i either put it on hold or start something new.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
May 14, 2021 5:38 AM

Aug 2018
yes. my dropped and on hold list, basically.
May 14, 2021 5:40 AM

Oct 2019
If you are struggling then you should take a break. You'll want to watch eventually
May 14, 2021 5:44 AM

Nov 2020
Yes, I get that feeling too. Sometimes I just want to go back and rewatch stuff, just because you are familiar with the stuff and that familiarity makes you happy. But then I feel that I am wasting time rewatching stuff, I should really catch up on the new or other good series, which I am just lazy to watch.
May 14, 2021 6:22 AM

Apr 2021
There certainly are some occasions where i feel like i need to stop watching the show and start it later.. Taking a break and watching the show later i feel like is a good method for me since it depends on the mood i am in to watch it.
May 14, 2021 9:54 AM
:P

Aug 2016
Zuclyn said:
I know this feeling so well, I had this with:
    - Naruto: Shippuden
    - Seishun Buta Yarou
    - Yagate Kimi ni Naru
    - Re:Zero 2nd season
    - Black Clover
    - Chaos;Head
    - Darker than Black
    - Kuroshitsuji
    - NHK ni Youkoso
    - Rainbow
    - Renai Boukun
    - SAO
    - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

This happened to me with Black Clover too! It's not like it's bad or anything there's just something about it that makes me not want to watch it anymore. I'm currently stuck on ep 14
May 14, 2021 9:55 AM

Jan 2020
Never. If I start something, I'll try and finish it no matter what. Only anime burnouts and lack of time can stop me

May 14, 2021 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
squishymomo said:
Yes, I get that feeling too. Sometimes I just want to go back and rewatch stuff, just because you are familiar with the stuff and that familiarity makes you happy. But then I feel that I am wasting time rewatching stuff, I should really catch up on the new or other good series, which I am just lazy to watch.

That pretty much sums up what I feel like quite often.
I want to re-watch one of the shows I know I'll enjoy but I also don't want to miss out on something new.
May 14, 2021 11:07 AM

Jul 2020
I have no idea myself why I put Deca dence on hold when it was by far the most unique story I've seen.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 14, 2021 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
That rarely happens to me. It's either I like the show and I watch it in one sitting or I kind of like it and end up putting it on hold but eventually drop the show.
Recommend me an anime
May 14, 2021 11:24 AM

Jun 2020
PiyushSan said:
How often does it happen with you that you start a bunch of new shows, but you're too lazy to complete them after a few episodes even though they are pretty entertaining so you end up dropping / putting them on-hold?

I'm struggling to clear up my currently watching and on-hold list rn.

Man its relatable. I also have so many shows I'm watching but I have no motivation to continue them. Same with the many mangas that I have on hold/am reading.

More topics from this board

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 9 hours ago

34 by APolygons2 »»
32 seconds ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

36 by Siranto1 »»
34 seconds ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

92 by Skuletor »»
32 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

59 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.