Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2021 4:11 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The full-on assault against the horde of Radon and a raging Manda invading the Tokyo Strait has begun, though a success but 'tis a short victory of the city that's covered in red dust all over whilst the global mysterious attacks continues.

I'd say that Burns is the one closest to deciphering the whole transtemporal Archetype artifact (which requires the Orthogonal Diagonalizer to work in tandem), with Mei and Professor Li following short behind with Ashihara's Catastrophe research into the matter.

Meanwhile, Yun and Co.'s interpretation of the dead Kaiju on the beach, with such an attack that's only made possible from the likes of Godzilla, luring more regenerating spider Kaiju that with Jet Jaguar and the reflective edges of a Manda, is a cinch to stay alive.

Every Archetype is a Singular Point? That theory probably rings true the most with all the evidence provided so far. And those spider Kaiju just won't die, with a warehouse being a spider nest. Scary when you think about it.
May 13, 2021 10:52 AM

Jan 2021
That Kaijuu committed suicide?
Come on Mei, I didn't understand anything, but I hope you can figure it out 😂
Jumbo Jet... He makes more friends than me...
A spider Kaijuu, oops my arachnophobia can't handle this 0.0. Fcking scary, they can even regenerate, now they're in big trouble
I feel like soon everything about the archetype theory will be solved, I hope I get to understand it
May 13, 2021 4:24 PM

Jun 2017
Well, I can finally say I understood a full episode since English subs are now included in the JP release, Netflix is surprisingly generous with this one. (now do the same with the Shaman King reboot please lol)

The Varan like Kaijuu went into a cocoon like state so maybe it will become some sort of true Godzilla final boss later.

A new spider type also showed up and they can regenerate..now I wonder if they can actually use that regeneration on other Kaijuu because the potential real final boss (bone Godzilla) might be fully resurrected then.

Everyone is in trouble now and not even the upgraded Jet Jaguar can handle it.

I guess it's up to Mei now to figure out all that research for a potential solution.
May 13, 2021 7:38 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I'm assuming this Godzilla is gonna be somewhat based on Shin Godzilla

also, Mei is so waifu<3
May 13, 2021 8:36 PM

Jan 2020
Yuck. Anything that resembles a spider is nasty in my books and sadly this episode had those :(

May 13, 2021 9:17 PM

Aug 2018
I’m hoping that kaiju revives next episode and starts raising hell in Tokyo.
May 14, 2021 4:39 AM
Sep 2016
Is it just me or does the weird blue goop coming from the spiders look like Hedorah? I'm sure we've seen a blue version of Hedorah in a PV or the ending somewhere.

So maybe it's some kind of cross species Kaiju!
May 14, 2021 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
Okay... so did Godzilla nearly killed himself with that atomic breath? Is he regenerating at the moment? And also... is Hanega (the blue blob) piloting the spider kaijus, or are they parasites that share body with them?
May 14, 2021 9:38 AM
Sep 2015
I really hope the spider kaiju put eggs inside him because I want to see egg laying scene. But of course, Godzilla is not that kind of fetish.
May 14, 2021 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
Godzilla did suicide? lol nah its evolving or mutating it seems

and damn too many monster spiders there
May 14, 2021 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
This kaiju is very mysterious, I hope it matches with this kaiju.
May 15, 2021 12:51 AM

Dec 2016
If they regenerate then how will they kill those disgusting spiders. And that coworker with the spider phobia is most probably dead by now.

If these Kaijus are coming from a parallel world then there should be an entrance, right? Then they should find that entrance and come up with a way to close it.

If the research is going on in India then why aren't the Kaijus attacking India too when all the neighboring countries are being attacked...

I think a secret organization of humans are behind all these, it's most probably the Shiva they mentioned. And that journalist might be working for Shiva too.
May 15, 2021 1:22 AM

Nov 2013
man i am confussia but it's getting so gooooood
May 15, 2021 3:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Looks like Godzilla turned into the pupa mode. Burning its whole body and its surrounding areas, but ended up creating a tough shell around its body from the red dust. The process more like the diagonalizer thingy, changed the shape of the red dust into those kind of form. Interesting. No Jet Jaguar versus Godzilla for a mean time....

"Isn't there a way to avoid it?" Meanwhile, Mai facing against the unfinished and unsolved experiment from the past. She got the chance to be the savior of the world by clearing that puzzle from the past. The professor has found the Archetype mystery, but still stucked up thanks for a new hurdle called the Catastrophe that prevented him to move forward. The whole calculators talk acquired within her and Pelop II. The result is the super calculators are the whole universe and its rivality created the Catastrophe itself. So, how its getting avoided?

At the other side, apparently, the exact same situations happened at the coast line. No Godzilla, JJ facing a new monsters, forcing them to see another phase of the Archetype, and the monster whose bring it up to the reality. Its not the same rivalry like the super calculators. They connected each other into another bigger creature. How can they survive?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 15, 2021 7:24 AM

Feb 2019
Oh look, spider monster. Unfortunately not as cute as Kumoko.

Seemingly I'm okay with anime spiders but not real ones.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 16, 2021 8:14 AM

Oct 2017
Mei's getting closer to the truth and now that she's at Ashihara's residence I'm sure she'll be able to solve the mystery with Yun's help. Seriously thou if Yun and Mei could work together side by side they'd be able to crack the mystery much faster. They are texting each other but that has it's limits. Also Yun and co are in a pinch, I hope someone comes to help em.
May 17, 2021 12:24 PM

Jun 2019
That Robo program of Jet Jaguar is so cute. I want one like that. Apart from being cute, he's super strong and knows how to protect someone. Spider Monsters are here as well and yes they're gross looking. And they're increasing because of that spider nest. It's a mess all around the world right now. What's gonna happen? How will they solve this problem? We'll have to see. Mei and Yun are working their butts off.
May 18, 2021 3:56 AM

Mar 2019
This was my favorite episode so far. The Godzilla scene was interesting to watch. Never seen a take on Godzilla like that before.

And, I liked the stuff with Jet Jaguar. It was fun to watch because it was light on the sci-fi gibberish compared to the previous episodes.
May 18, 2021 12:05 PM
Jan 2021
This show is getting really good recently.. hope more people get into this. And totally, the ratting deserve a 7 atleast

The science talk and stuff it's fascinating even i still can't understand a thing. (For anybody who feel turned down, just imagine the level of stress like in Christopher Nolan movie. I bet you couldn't understand a damn thing, but still somehow a good ride)

And for a kind of people that here for the monster.. i starting to feel that the way they animated the CG is the perfect choice for this. This really like a better version of Kuutei dragon who i really enjoyed (def check that show!)

Hope they do more promotion back then to build the hype (i saw Netflix put a Trailer of it, but it's kinda too late to be honest)
EmpireDeLunaMay 18, 2021 12:15 PM
May 19, 2021 12:56 AM
Apr 2016
They are taking the Shin Godzilla route here and having him evolve. I never thought this show would take the slow burn so far. I like it quite a bit. It should be pretty cool when Godzilla truely makes his debut. Side not that green monster from episode 7 looked alot like Baragon. Can't remember the spiders name but its from Son of Godzilla if I'm not mistaken.
May 20, 2021 5:26 AM

Oct 2016
Oh yeah, Godzilla is definitely in a state of metamorphosis, it's gonna evolve into a thicc boy. Pretty good episode! So, if they figure out how to make the orthogonal diagonalizer work, they'll be able to control the archetype. Mei is getting closer and closer to the answers and she's in a library full of clues. The supercomputers and singular point talk is kind of confusing though.

Those spider kaijus are disgusting eww and they grow back limbs bruh, not my spider, where's Kumoko. Mei must have figured it out based on the messages she sent Yun. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 20, 2021 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
I think the Kaiju is shedding its outershell like some reptiles do. That destruction was a necessary part of the procedure.

Jet Jaguar with it's AI has very cute interactions with the children. Despite it's primitive body it's movements are very human-like.

The shadow of a cube to explain that the three kinds of archetype was interesting.

In a higher dimension they are the same material.
Fortress_MaximusMay 21, 2021 11:51 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 21, 2021 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
The situation is getting serious more than previous episodes. Not only Godzilla but spiders are quite menace.
New Jet Jaguar is very strong and cute. I hope Yun and his companions overcome those monsters.
Jun 11, 2021 12:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, now we have a spider nest and they all look really scary and disgusting!! It's funny to watch this episode right after Kumo desu ga XD
Jun 11, 2021 8:47 PM

Nov 2009
Spooder Kaijus that have regenerative abilities...

welp, if I didn't know, I would say next episode would be last, LOL

I wonder what Godzilla is going to evolve into tho... since he's already on land, is he just going to get bigger? (also, this reminds me of Shin Godzilla that evolves to survive)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 13, 2021 11:10 AM

Mar 2010
Oh shit, the action was awesome, and shit is hitting da fan!! I don't see how they will survive such a huge obstacle.. Damn RIP jet jaguar.. he's gonna have one hell of a fight.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 16, 2021 12:40 PM

Oct 2019
I really like the cube demonstration. Looks real cool
Guy:"Three types of Archetypes. They can't merge with each other. However, what if this is the transtemporal main body of Archetypes? (picks up a rubik cube)
Girl: "Transtemporal?"
Guy:(Holds cube up to the light to cast a shadow) "Let's say we can only see its shadow in this world. We think Red Dust, Archetypes first phase, is square. (the shadow on the wall of the rubiks cube is square)
Then, this is the second phase.(changed his hand so the shadow on the wall now looks like a hexagon)
We only see the shadow, so it looks like a different material to us, but it's the same thing at a different angle. (shows his shadow hand trying to mess with the rubiks shadow)
I've been trying to change its shape just by looking at its shadow. Simulating the shadow. No wonder the results didn't match. I should be able to control Archetype if I can change its angle in the trans temporal dimension. The Orthogonal Diagonalizer would make that possible"
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jun 19, 2021 3:03 AM

May 2020
I felt like the opening scene was really powerful. That explosion looked badass as hell.

Also regenerating disgusting spider Kaiju ? No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 11, 2021 7:09 AM
Oct 2019
Holy shit that Explosion was insane!!!

Jet Jaguar with personality are somehow Cute lol

The new spider kaijuu can regenerated?
This is a big problem.
Aug 10, 2021 5:16 PM

Jun 2016
Talk about creepy, sheesh. There's no way I'd near a nest that looked like that. Not in a 1000 years.

A room full of books, documents and all sorts lying around, and weird sketches in most of the content... are we sure the guy wasn't insane?

Researching the Archetype must turn you into a maniac. I mean, he could barely pose with a non-serious look on his face, everytime we saw the same pic of him, lol.

Sep 20, 2021 2:35 AM

Jul 2015
Definitely a nightmare situation for Yun and the rest there by being surrounded by Kumonga (spiders) and within them the Hedorah (blue thingies).

Crazy theory rediscovered by Mai there on each singular point being a super calculator and an universe on its own competing with each other (as each has a different answer to a problem than the other like Pero-2 and its siblings on dog vs cat question) causing the Catastrophe.

Sep 20, 2021 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
Strange that it committed suicide

I find it foolish for Yun and his group to come not fully prepared to investigate a nest with only JJ and the old man armed and expect to handle them.
Oct 6, 2021 6:08 PM
Oct 2020
Episode 8 was better than 7. The beginning with Godzilla did remind me of watching Shin Godzilla, though it was weird seeing a -20 centigrade breath turn into a fiery explosion. Could this be a property of Archetype? Who knows?

So, Jet Jaguar Yun didn’t get to fight Godzilla, but this was another episode for him to shine. His interaction with the kids was kinda charming, and his fight with the spiders was really cool.

Not much is happening with Mei’s plot line, though I’ll say Pelops II is pretty cute. Other than the two main leads, I barely remember the other plot lines. Not that they’re not interesting, but because they happen so quickly, it’s hard to digest. Of course, picking up what you didn’t on a first viewing is that’s what rewatches are for, but in the case of Singular Point, it should say something about its delivery.

Also, someone pointed out that Mei and Yun seemed to have switched expertise. At first, Mei was into fantastical biology while Yun was into the paranormal, and now it’s the other way around; Mei is dealing with paranormal science while Yun is dealing with fantastical creatures. I mean, you’d think Mei would be interested in these strange beasts coming out of nowhere and Yun would be investigating Ashihara and his work.

That would be like Rick Stanton and Ilene Chan switching their expertise on Godzilla and Mothra respectively at some point in KOTM, and the justification being "They’re both titans, so who cares?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 3 Discussion

Clas1ck - Apr 7, 2021

45 by alex26gc »»
Jan 16, 9:39 PM

» Gintoki Ripoff Design

EXCLMaker - May 9, 2023

7 by Yugesai »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Apr 1, 2021

66 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 16, 2021

78 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 9 Discussion

Clas1ck - May 19, 2021

41 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.