Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 10, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this turned into a cat-and-mouse game. After their escape, Hayase is hell bend on capturing Fushi and the others again.

This turned into quite a thrilling episode. Also, I'm starting to really like Parona more and more. She's such a brave character in this story.
May 10, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
With Parona's successful escape and disguise as one of the Yanome, getting March, Fushi and the old granny shaman Pioran out is the easy part.

March feeling bad for Oniguma when Parona needs to cut a section of the bear for evidence to the people of Ninannah, she is physically a child but mentally an adult, to grow up like a normal child. And the escape route is literally "playing a game" with March while Parona knows the real truth: steering the heck clear of Hayase and the rest of the Yanome whom are chasing the carriage from behind.

Spoilers for the 2nd half (and HEAVY ones at that):

Another endearing episode, and we're officially a quarter of the way through.
KANLen09May 10, 2021 8:58 AM
May 10, 2021 9:12 AM
Jul 2019
RIP MARCH

Too Sad that she didn't achieve her dream to become an adult but at least she became a mother to Fushi.
May 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2020
March was so blooming innocent sad to see what happened to her. Fushi's mother might not be with him anymore but her memories with him will surely live on. This anime doesn't really give anything, anyone that we feel a slight connection to is poofed out of existence, but does show how fragile life truly is.

Did he turn into march at the end or was that just an after image like an ideal?
LeviathanHWDMay 10, 2021 9:55 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 10, 2021 9:50 AM

Jun 2019
I'm so sad right now. I can't believe that just happened. T_T

As the story goes forward, Fushi, March, and Parona along with the old lady set their journey to escape from that place. It was so adorable to see that March doesn't want Parona to cut Mr. Bear because she has such a beautiful heart. Everything was working out great and then...

A small light just flickered as it was going out. Fushi has his mother with him forever and ever. And he's on his journey once again. The episode gave me emotional trauma. I can't tell how many tears I just shed crying here.
Pre_YumMay 10, 2021 10:07 AM
May 10, 2021 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
another really great and amazing episode but damn i really didnt expect march to die, this anime really loves to give us depression... glad that that lady and those other got what they deserved though, fushi also evolving even and making more advancements so that's cool to see. anyways, wonder where we'll go from here, dont really know what'll happen next but its sure to be interesting. overall a very wonderful arc, so many developments and stuff in this one, it was super enjoyable and RIP march ;-;
May 10, 2021 9:57 AM

Oct 2015
March.. T-T I'm so sad to see her go..
Still a good episode ^^
May 10, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Andddd pain finally arrived this week. March’s death was absolutely gut wrenching as she had so many hopes and aspirations. In the end though, she did get to be a mother. Not biologically, but the lessons she taught Fushi will continue to be instrumental to his growth. Parona’s development this episode was remarkable as well. The suicide attempt that was interrupted by Fushi was really hard to watch, but also showcased his development. He’s gone from not even being able to eat, to having enough awareness to protect Parona from herself.

Overall wonderful episode that really does a great job of selling everything that’s good about Fumetsu. This episode encompassed all of the magic this series offers, thank you Brain’s Base for an amazing adaptation.
Marinate1016May 10, 2021 10:06 AM
May 10, 2021 10:03 AM

Jan 2015
Brb am currently ugly crying rn
May 10, 2021 10:05 AM

Feb 2020
Another fantastic yet also a sad episode. I definitely didn't expect March to die. :'( Poor little girl...
May 10, 2021 10:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is one of the most heartbreaking things I've seen in a while, I had some difficulties breathing while watching this episode, I'm totally destroyed now... RIP March.
May 10, 2021 10:10 AM

Jan 2021
It was not going to be so easy to escape, Fushi turning into Oniguma was epic
Nooooo March, AAA Why my eyes are sweating?? :(
Half a year? How fast time goes by, isn't it?
Fuck, I don't want to say goodbye yet (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Really good episode, 6/5
May 10, 2021 10:14 AM
Sep 2015
If this show want me to feel sad about Mach's death, then it shouldn't make me hate Mach in the beginning. When Mach show her false sense of moral by saving the bear's corpse, yes corpse! The corpse that could save countless girls from being sacrifice. I know she's just a little girl and I consider myself as pro-peace, but Mach is just... stupid. I feel sad for her parents though.
May 10, 2021 10:28 AM
Jan 2021
So far Fushi can turn into the boy, the wolf, Oniguma and March, don't forget about the rock
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
May 10, 2021 10:35 AM
Oct 2013
phantomfandom said:
If this show want me to feel sad about Mach's death, then it shouldn't make me hate Mach in the beginning. When Mach show her false sense of moral by saving the bear's corpse, yes corpse! The corpse that could save countless girls from being sacrifice. I know she's just a little girl and I consider myself as pro-peace, but Mach is just... stupid. I feel sad for her parents though.
She's not really "stupid" imo, a child of that age wouldn't have the knowledge or morality to think about something like that, if anything Parona should've thought about Fushi possibly transforming into different forms and showcasing it to the people showing that they wouldn't need to do that ritual since she has a being with her which basically is amongst gods or whatever although it does seem like that is basically what happened (Or least I hope so lol)
May 10, 2021 10:38 AM

Jun 2014
KANLen09 said:
With Parona's successful escape and disguise as one of the Yanome, getting March, Fushi and the old granny shaman Pioran out is the easy part.

March feeling bad for Oniguma when Parona needs to cut a section of the bear for evidence to the people of Ninannah, she is physically a child but mentally an adult, to grow up like a normal child. And the escape route is literally "playing a game" with March while Parona knows the real truth: steering the heck clear of Hayase and the rest of the Yanome whom are chasing the carriage from behind.

Spoilers for the 2nd half (and HEAVY ones at that):

Another endearing episode, and we're officially a quarter of the way through.

Her sacrifice "opened the vessel" for herself, not Oniguma. That happened last episode with Oniguma's death.
May 10, 2021 10:45 AM

Nov 2020
this pain again ):

May 10, 2021 10:52 AM

Oct 2020
If Parona killed herself I would have just shut it down, and walked away. Glad Fushi's evolving. Good episode.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

May 10, 2021 10:52 AM

Nov 2013
mamma mia this show is so emotionally exhausting, how many times will you make me bawl my eyes smh it kinda reminds me of wolf's rain with the whole vibe
i'm so not ready to part ways with Marchi i loved her so much T-T
May 10, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2020
After all March went through, from escaping death, to meeting Fushi, she still died.
May 10, 2021 10:54 AM

Oct 2019
Criticiza said:
Did he turn into march at the end or was that just an after image like an ideal?

He turned into March. You can see him wandering as Johann before he notices a pear, which is eaten on the shot you mention. So he used March to climb the tree
May 10, 2021 10:55 AM

Dec 2020
What a episode its hard to describe it but after March died it was so freaking sad.
I like parona more and more.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 10, 2021 11:07 AM
Jan 2018
Fuck the opening, man, seriously just fuck it.
It really made me expect that March would live to become an adult. It only hit me seconds before she jumped
May 10, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
i can't believe this... i refuse to accept this. march is alive and her dream will come true... this show did the same thing as jjk. making me have hope bcs we see her as an adult in the opening but then- really fck you. i'm done with anime
May 10, 2021 11:13 AM

Nov 2020
Nooooo March :( Parona is so brave but March,she died to save her. She didnt complete her goal to become a mum :(. I think next episode will be epic and that the new charachter will be introduced. Cant wait!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

May 10, 2021 11:15 AM

Apr 2018
Well I feel bad for March. Why did they have to put the adult version of her, my heart couldn't take it for a second but iwas obv that every person close to Fushi will most likely die.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 10, 2021 11:17 AM
Oct 2014
Yassob said:
So far Fushi can turn into the boy, the wolf, Oniguma and March, don't forget about the rock

The rock is underrated, besides having the bear so he can destroy everyone. If he needs to just hide from anything he can turn into a rock. Rock is OP.
May 10, 2021 11:19 AM
Sep 2014
This anime is an emotional roller coaster... a masterpiece. Is unique with the story and style... i want to see more.

This world shall know PAIN!
XS4ALLMay 10, 2021 11:28 AM
May 10, 2021 11:21 AM

Jul 2016
Experiencing RIP March for the second time still hurts as hell.

Next arc gonna be another wild ride.
May 10, 2021 11:28 AM
Aug 2016
Once again Brain's Base nailed it. March's death hurt while reading the manga, and it hurt even more while watching the anime, mainly due to the OST and the VA. Absolutely fantastic!

5/5

Now, next episode is gonna set the main plot now. Time for

May 10, 2021 11:37 AM

Apr 2020
Emotional episode just like the first one. Fushi keeping Parona from killing herself to join March because she would be alone was huge. I'm glad the village and March's family took her in.

I was afraid the Yanome would burn the village looking for Fushi. Glad that didn't happen.
May 10, 2021 11:37 AM

Dec 2015
There's just one word I can say after this experience: Magnificent. No mather how simple the events happening are on a storytelling standpoint, the writer knows how to make it as powerful as it possibly can, taking the time needed to develop the emotions on the viewer. That alone would already be enough to be considered a success, but the work from Mashiko Murata and Ryou Kawasaki on direction and soundtrack respectively elevate the feelings of the scene to the point I always feel the need to applaud then when watching it. It would be a blast watch this anime with a live orchestra playing. Both Fumetsu no Anata e and Nomad: Megalo Box 2 are making wonders this Season.
BetterTasteMay 10, 2021 11:43 AM
May 10, 2021 11:38 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic but devastating episode.

I knew Fushi would end up turning into Oniguma to help them out but what I didn't see coming was that March taking the hit would be the trigger for it. The 'stimulation'.

I thought Fushi got Hayase good but she ended up surviving, real shame.

Honestly, don't know what I would've done if Fushi hadn't stopped Parona. I would've been totally devastated.
Fushi finally showing emotion was incredible. He's learned many things but his interaction with March probably let him begin understanding the most important thing, humanity.

Excited to see where we go from here.
May 10, 2021 11:38 AM
Feb 2021
Probably my favorite episode of the show it was very good and interesting
May 10, 2021 11:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
God, that hurt! When March began to rabble on what she’d like to do once free, I knew something was going to give but why March? No...

And then March’s past followed by teenage March, to top it off. Ugly crying, that’s what’s up.

Fact that Fushi managed to get closer to humanity in this way is testament to how critical that loss must’ve been and it’s just heartbreaking, all round.

It was really nice to see March’s final thoughts embody through Fushi stopping Parona’s suicide attempt though.

RIP, March.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 10, 2021 12:00 PM
Nov 2020
God fucking damn it fuck this anime this shit made me cry two times this episode urgjhh it hurts
May 10, 2021 12:01 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
RIP March. She was a naive girl, but was an honest kid. She had dreams and aspirations, which she was luckily able to half-fulfil through Fushi.

Fushi saving Parona from suicide is a real sign of his humanity developing. He's growing to have morals, such as him jumping right into action when March was shot etc.

The preview looked really interesting. I'm excited for him to learn to talk properly, and I suppose live properly first - outside of the foundations that March laid for him, which we got to see with him changing form into her to retrieve and eat the apple like a human. This new upcoming villain seems very mysterious too.
LezetMay 10, 2021 12:04 PM
May 10, 2021 12:06 PM

Oct 2020
Goddamit! Hayase, why did you have to kill March? I'm honestly so gutted. Seeing march as an adult really broke my heart. Parona must live on!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, so that's where grown up March from the OP comes from.... FUCK :'(

Oh my God, that was so sad, but at least Fushi/March was able to stop Parona. Too bad it looks like we won't be seeing any more of her though, I really liked her character.

Bear Fushi wrecking Hayase was so satisfying. That said, how the fuck is she still alive? At some point I wanted to like her but damn, now she looks so scary and crazy.
May 10, 2021 12:10 PM

Dec 2017
May 10, 2021 12:13 PM
Sep 2020
It was a great episode but I have to admit the pacing for this one and the last has been too fast and they could have avoided that by making episode 2 and some of 3 a little faster instead since those two were kind of slow
May 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2021
Damn. The previous two episodes had me let down and worried that the story was getting bogged down in standard-issue fantasy. I couldn't be happier to have been shown wrong.
May 10, 2021 12:15 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
ANIME OF THE YEAR

Really think I’m doing a disservice to this by watching it while it’s airing. This is something that’s probably going to hit harder with a full on binge watch imo

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 10, 2021 12:15 PM
Mar 2020
RIP March her death really broke me inside, man it was so brutal of her in the afterlife of her imagining her dream, seeing her family fade away as she realizes she died, the memories of how and her Parona met, damn those hit hard. Though Fushi evolving is very beautiful to see if it weren't for March he maybe wouldn't be as caring as he was due to her influence, seeing Fushi have expressions and understand Parona was the greatest thing to see in the end of the episode, I can't wait for the next one
May 10, 2021 12:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Why is that murderous, homicidal, maniac warrior ona still alive?! Did Parona miss on purpose? Ugh! Such crimes should not go unpunished.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 10, 2021 12:31 PM

Nov 2019
They should rename this anime to "To Your Heartbreak"

Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
May 10, 2021 12:41 PM

Mar 2021
God Dammit, I knew it was going to happen but wow did it still feel bad, I know what i'm about to say isn't anything new but this show is still incredible. Personally I think this is one of the best episodes so far even if it was a little painful.

RIP March
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

May 10, 2021 12:41 PM

Apr 2020
May she live on through the expression of Fushi. Rest in Peace, March.
May 10, 2021 12:45 PM

Jan 2017
Yeap this definitely will be the "feels train" of 2021, it's time to prepare an extra-large pack of tissues before each episode.

Rest in Peace, March.
May 10, 2021 12:55 PM
Apr 2019
and here i thought the first episode was the saddest of them all. i’m fucking crying rn
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

219 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 1:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.