Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Pino gets taken away by a misunderstanding. How silly.

I find it kinda interesting that Shiki is using his head to solve problems. Usually, he's type to jump right into the action. Weisz and Rebecca both ran into some problems of their own with being attacked. Typical Edens Zero to get a shot of Rebecca's ass in this episode LOL

Not going to lie but I think Shiki was pretty awesome this episode. He fought like a champ.
May 8, 2021 10:42 AM
Mar 2021
This episode was really awesome! I really loved the direction this episode took when it came to the OST and the animation with Shiki vs Sibir was top notch, JC Staff is doing justice with this anime.
May 8, 2021 11:46 AM
Jan 2018
Wow, beautiful episode, the soundtrack improved a lot, the direction of the last scenes was impeccable
May 8, 2021 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
Rebecca has indeed a mighty fine pair of thicc legs.

Pleasantly surprised by how fun this adaptation is. Goes to show again that J.C. Staff can do it under the right circumstances.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2021 2:21 PM

May 2019
this episode was incredible!!!
the best episode so far

shiki vs sibir was so good from the animation to the voice acting to the amazing new soundtrack
thank you jc staff and kenichiro aoki and all the other staff for this adaptation, hope they can keep this up for the remaining episodes
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
May 8, 2021 3:17 PM

Aug 2020
Glad they've done a great job with the animation this episode. Sibir did got what was coming for him. Hope this will get people to watch this series once it hits Netflix.
May 8, 2021 4:13 PM

Feb 2019
Definitely the best episode so far. Some really emotional moments today with Shiki’s gravity magic, the fight and Pino’s years at the end. I loved the OST played during Shiki and Pino’s convo at the end. I hope they can continue to deliver episodes like this consistently.

That cliffhanger tho, looks like things are gonna keep getting busier for Shiki and Rebecca with the Princess coming after Shiki
May 8, 2021 4:59 PM

Sep 2017
Another fantastic episode, it managed to hit the feels with Johnny and Pino specially, Pino is just so cute. The fights were good, forgot the Foote brothers were so cultured lol. Becca no taking anyone's shit is great. Next episode is Elsie, nice.
May 8, 2021 5:39 PM

Jul 2011
Overall very nice episode, rebecca's thicc legs moment were nice slow down before main fight and Pino's dialog.
GaichiMay 8, 2021 5:45 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 8, 2021 6:36 PM

Jan 2009
Rebecca is Sexy THICC all around anyway

the power of friendship made me tear up again lol

welcome Pino to the Edens Zero crew
May 8, 2021 8:27 PM

Jan 2017
Pino saves the day and Shiki! tho poor Happy's getting affected by the EMP yet again
May 8, 2021 8:59 PM

May 2012
There's something surprisingly great about this series. There's tension and atmosphere in the smaller scenes.
May 8, 2021 9:31 PM
Mar 2019
So happy JC Staff is giving this a proper adaptation.
May 8, 2021 10:02 PM
Nov 2019
deg said:

No POF, just Shiki showing his abilities.
May 8, 2021 10:03 PM

Oct 2016
I'm looking forward to seeing Weisz grow as a character. Definitely the best character that has shown up so far.

Honestly, I was kinda hoping that either Shiki or Weisz would say something like "You took one of Pino's legs, so it's only fair to take one of yours, right?" to Sibir. Only to scare him, of course.
May 8, 2021 10:10 PM

Jan 2009
LordChuckMoe221 said:
deg said:

Shiki got angry because his friends are in danger that is standard power of friendship theme on any battle shonen

you hate power of friendship? i actually like power of friendship stuff
May 8, 2021 10:52 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Well, I mean Rebecca do be having some mighty fine pair of legs, so I can't blame the foot brothers lmao.

Pino is adorable, must protecc. Kinda wished Weisz's gun didn't get affected by the EMP, would have been nice to see Sibir's brain go splat or something. Feel sad for all those Michael model bots, R.I.P. Johnny and friends. Welcome to the friendship gang Pino, I wonder how Weisz will join them. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 9, 2021 1:58 AM

Jul 2017
Time to save Pino from the hands of the Sibir Family! To have the Foot Brothers with them, dang this gang's lethal.

Weisz's involvement is the first in the rage, then Shiiki's Ex Machina power is another plus point. Old habits die hard, huh. For Rebecca to face the Foot Brothers, her THICC thighs be treasured for beautiful legs.

The trashdump that Shiki fell to, it's the Michael bot that he recognized, the difference is that because he's 50 years in the past, he finally got the gist of the faltering Granbell of the future with its degrading android robots. And who to blame for all this? Why, Sibir of course!

Justice is served, and Pino's EMP triggers all other equipment useless (Weisz's gun, Happy). But with the power of friendship, all is reinstated. Pino, welcome to the Edens Zero crew!
May 9, 2021 2:09 AM

Jun 2014
Ah, the Foote brothers are men of culture as well I see.

The action in this episode was really good, Shiki gave that bastard the beating he deserved. They aren't in the clear just yet though with Elsie right there coming after Shiki.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 9, 2021 2:50 AM
Feb 2021
deg said:
LordChuckMoe221 said:

Shiki got angry because his friends are in danger that is standard power of friendship theme on any battle shonen

that is not what PoF means lmao. PoF is a BS power that came from thinking friends when a character can't overcome the villain anymore. PoF =/= friendship speech, it depends on the context. just saying, coz a lot of ppl misinformed others and when they heard the word todomachi,their heads gone crazy coz it's PoF when it is not.
May 9, 2021 3:06 AM

Jun 2019
Foote brothers. Those are my people. LMAO. Rebecca is thicc and hot.
Pino saved the day. Happy got EMP'd again. LOL
May 9, 2021 6:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
That naming for Shiki's movement, tho, amusing. Foot brothers? Lol. More like cultured brothers. Rebecca just too thicc to handle. Shiki found a bunch of destroyed bots at the underground, which made him straight mad. Sibiru easily got beaten. Well, the bird actually did something useful. Good thing that Pino finally opened her cute eyes and used the only thing she can. That smile, tho, obviously shall be protecc!!!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 9, 2021 7:30 AM

Nov 2013
we got some legs (foot) fetishists this episode huh but pino is still as adorable as ever and professor weis is still a scumback, nothing really changed lmao
May 9, 2021 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Winkkent said:
deg said:

that is not what PoF means lmao. PoF is a BS power that came from thinking friends when a character can't overcome the villain anymore. PoF =/= friendship speech, it depends on the context. just saying, coz a lot of ppl misinformed others and when they heard the word todomachi,their heads gone crazy coz it's PoF when it is not.

thats too specific on Fairy Tail alone, the power of friendship is more broad than that https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThePowerOfFriendship

another rephrasing

Naruto:
One can derive a considerable amount of strength from the mere fact that you're using it to protect someone important to you (chiefly Naruto himself, but there are others). This lesson is explained by one of the first villains in fact; a ninja's greatest strength comes when they are protecting someone they hold dear. (There are those in the Naruto fandom who call this phenomenon "Friendship no Jutsu" or an "Epic Battle of Friendship"). https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ThePowerOfFriendship/AnimeAndManga

Shiki is strong because he has someone to protect
degMay 9, 2021 10:55 AM
May 9, 2021 10:41 AM

Oct 2017
I'm really loving how they are handling Shiki's ether gear scenes in the anime, they look cool. The fight scenes in this episode were done really well, specially that midair fight. Also I'm glad Pino's now safe, the smile on her face is so precious. Must protect it at all cost.
May 9, 2021 12:08 PM
Mar 2015
Worshipping at Rebecca's feet
May 9, 2021 1:44 PM

Aug 2019
well im glad pino didnt get their leg teared away from their body again
i know weisz will join them but i still cant trust him lol
idk how they will get out of this time fuckery though
May 9, 2021 5:13 PM

Nov 2014
good adaptation
the fights are pretty good
im all hyped up for the next episodes since im a manga reader
May 9, 2021 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
production is animation is incredible outside that the fight was very lively including the fight of Shiki vs Sibir it was very interesting the way shiki fights, and the power of Shiki is really cool
May 9, 2021 10:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RIP that Johnny Robot :( but at least Shiki saved Pino it was really heartwarming when Pino cried at the end! Also that legs fanservice scene was so weird xD
May 10, 2021 12:08 PM
May 2017
This episode above the others reinforced how much this show deserves to be below a 7. The fanservice is fucking embarrassing and I’m embarrassed for anyone who drools over it. Go outside. Talk to real women for the love of God.
May 10, 2021 12:54 PM

May 2013
Taifood said:
This episode above the others reinforced how much this show deserves to be below a 7. The fanservice is fucking embarrassing and I’m embarrassed for anyone who drools over it. Go outside. Talk to real women for the love of God.

So, let me get this straight: a few seconds = the episode?
You have quite a perception of time!

If you focus more on this than the actual episode itself may be you are the one who needs to go outside and talk to real women, don't you think?
You are literally the only one complaining about something so unimportant.
May 10, 2021 12:58 PM

Mar 2017
Pino, you're too adorable! Loved seeing her finally stand up to Sibir - all she needed was for someone to tell her she was worth more than the scrap metal that Sibir made her feel like! I like the way Shiki cares for everyone, no matter whether they're human, alien or robot!
May 10, 2021 8:58 PM

Oct 2018
Foot brothers in love of Rebecca's legs :') they have good taste but they are too perverts lol
May 10, 2021 9:46 PM
Feb 2021
Taifood said:

yet love konusuba lmaooo😭😭
May 11, 2021 2:30 AM

Jun 2019
Taifood said:

This nigga is affraid of thighs lmao take your own advise and go touch some grass for the love of god
May 11, 2021 2:37 AM

Jun 2019
Taifood said:

oof I just saw your pf and the only manga you read was fairy tail and you seems to have a hate boner for it and you're most likely here to bring that same energy. You must live a very sad life lmao.
May 11, 2021 3:52 AM

Mar 2009
Taifood said:

Females can appreciate beautiful shaped body too and Rebecca looks amazing. So fanservis is good.
May 12, 2021 9:42 PM

Jun 2019
Well, I am 1/5th of the way through this anime, so I can drop it with a clear conscience.

Tbh it wasn’t that bad once it got past the obnoxious Fairy Tail references, but it just wasn’t something that I enjoyed. The action can be good at times and the writing is somewhat competent (even if it often falls into lazy tropes and clichés).

I probably won’t come back to it, but I didn’t hate my time watching it.
May 14, 2021 12:09 PM

Feb 2012
Calling back to the revelation that Shiki only played the role of a mechanic...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 21, 2021 3:53 PM
Jun 2013
Taifood said:
The fanservice is fucking embarrassing and I’m embarrassed for anyone who drools over it. Go outside. Talk to real women for the love of God.

Meanwhile in your list: Nanatsu no Taizai and Konosuba with score 8

If you want to throw stones at others and act like you're some kind of alpha male, first be sure your roof isn't made of glass kkkkk

Btw, you read FT and go to Edens Zero expecting to not see fanservice? lmao!
May 28, 2021 1:22 PM

May 2018
Rebecca's thighs are great I agree :P

And finally Pino is saved :D power of friendship!
May 29, 2021 2:11 PM

Nov 2017
This episode manages to be funny, entertaining and emotional. Good job! I like that Rebecca has complete faith in Shiki from the getgo. &++ she does have nice legs lol.

The fight and soundtrack were great! Looking forward to having Pino and Weisz on the team
Jun 4, 2021 10:04 AM
Oct 2019
That Giant Robot was CGI right? It looks Good.

The feels for Pino, Shiki Fight was pretty awesome too.
Jun 4, 2021 10:07 AM
Oct 2019
Taifood said:

Lmao you didn't even know what's the real fanservice looks like...
Ohh poor sweet innocent child.
Sep 13, 2021 9:03 AM

May 2015
Pino is happy! I'm happy! Happy is happy!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 20, 2021 9:36 AM

Jul 2021
Great episode, glad that Pino is happy :D

My only issue is those leg brother dudes are almost identical to the Vanish Brothers from Ep3 of Fairy Tail. Now, I understand that alot of the main characters in this anime are similar to fairy tail characters (especially Elsie), but even the side characters? At that point it just feels alot more lazy. Nevertheless definitely still enjoying this anime
Nov 23, 2021 9:10 AM

Jul 2015
I see the cultured Foote brothers also enjoy the sight of Rebecca's beautiful legs with her having some THICC thighs.

Apr 16, 2022 5:59 PM

Jan 2020
So far this series has some pretty interesting moments in regards to what events happen and what moves the story forward. But, I've so far been unimpressed by the fighting choreography. Granted, Fairy Tail wasn't super sophisticated either, a lot of power of friendship and one-hit sorta things. But, I feel like it was more interesting to look at.

As a side note: Shiki's Gravity Cannon looks like it was edited, I was expecting some bone cracking and blood spurts, but I guess that might be a little dark for Mashima.

I feel like the Foot Fetish Brothers were not caused enough physical harm... truly a harrowing pair that fills me with both dread and disgust.

Finally; I hope Pino gets a replacement foot.

realswagmoney said:
My only issue is those leg brother dudes are almost identical to the Vanish Brothers from Ep3 of Fairy Tail. Now, I understand that alot of the main characters in this anime are similar to fairy tail characters (especially Elsie), but even the side characters? At that point it just feels alot more lazy. Nevertheless definitely still enjoying this anime

I felt this too, and even the gag where Shiki is like, "I changed roles, I'm a Thief now." That felt similar to Natsu and Happy pretending to be ninjas in that same mini-arc. So, Mashima is certainly following a similar formula for how he's setting up his series and the characters.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 20, 2022 11:34 AM
Feb 2021
8========================D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

45 by nessflamvell1992 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:26 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

50 by amf85 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

33 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 17, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

162 by nyankana »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

123 by NatsuDragneel33 »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.