Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
May 8, 3:36 AM

In my case I will recommend Everone to watch , this anime ,

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38080/Kono_Oto_Tomare

It's is highly unpopular anime , which everyone must check out ,

What your recommendation would be !?

No troll comments please πŸ₯Ί

EDIT : I watched Emma and it's really a headen gem , I highly recommend Everone to give this a try you will not regret it , watch it in dub trust be , it recently got dub and they used British VA as this anime is set in London ,
https://myanimelist.net/anime/345/Eikoku_Koi_Monogatari_Emma
Modified by Zean_9435, May 10, 11:08 PM

May 8, 3:47 AM

Kono Oto Tomare is really good... I’d recommend High Score Girl, especially to gamers. I don’t think it was a very popular anime but it’s really good in my opinion.

May 8, 3:49 AM

Monster is pretty unpopular I guess. It is a must watch for Psychological and Mystery lovers
[/URL]

May 8, 3:50 AM

golden kamuy is underrated, if someone dropped in because of cgbear then kill your self

May 8, 3:51 AM

Adachi to Shimamura. Underrated shoujo ai anime.

May 8, 3:55 AM

depends on what genres I'm asked
for comedy - Jashin-chan, Joshi Muda, Aho Girl
for romcom - School Rumble, RikeKoi
for adventure, action - Deca Dence
and so on...
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think it's
necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

My random anime ramblings blog on MAL

May 8, 4:04 AM
Houseki no kuni.... i know this is quite popular but it's not popular enough it deserves to be as popular as big 3 or some shit.... and a ln called utsuro no hako to zero no maria it deserves to be in the top
Modified by Angel_crush1, May 8, 4:11 AM

May 8, 4:11 AM

I’ll try putting only shows with around 50k or less completed because I feel anything above isn't really “underrated” don’t like the word underrated because we’re talking about the popularity of a show not it’s rating, wish the term under appreciated was used instead

Candy Boy

Sket Dance

Gun Buster

Encouragement of Climb

Corpse Princess

Wasteful Days of High School Girl

Kobato.

My Wife is a High School Girl
Modified by snowykevin, May 8, 4:22 AM

May 8, 4:11 AM

Angel_crush1 said:
Houseki no kuni.... i know this is quite popular but it's not popular enough it deserves to be as popular as big 3 or some shit....

yeah it's really good, the cg fits in the colors,story,animation it's definitely up there

May 8, 4:12 AM

Hina Logi is the most underwatched anime that is actually good I've seen. I started it when it was airing, never got around to even finishing the first episode, then completed it recently. It is a great show for people who like this type of show and even for those who don't(like myself).

May 8, 4:13 AM

Here's a few I won't hesitate to recommend. I'm not sure if they're unpopular exactly, but they're not talked about often.

Completed: 42,207:
Dennou Coil

Completed: 18,981:
Kamichu

Completed: 42,570:
Juuni Kokuki

Completed: 19,351:
Kemono no Souja Erin

───────────────────────
“The trick to making friends is to
start by liking other people.”
───────────────────────

May 8, 4:18 AM

ODD TAXI!!!!!!!!

It's one of the hidden gem of Spring 2021

May 8, 4:31 AM
If you love mystery thillers then I would say Yuukoko no Moriarty, it was a pretty interesting show with a banger of an opening and ending, it was one of my favorite animes of last year, and season 2 which is currently airing this spring 2021 season is also seems really good.

For a romcom it would be Kishiku Gakkou no Juliet, I will say it's not for everyone but I got a good laugh out of it.

For an action series I would say Kengan Ashura, you might not like the CGI at first but once you watch more of it you get used to it(at least for me), plus if you like Baki then you might like this.

May 8, 4:38 AM

The Ping Pong Club if you're into degenerate humor

My Sister Momoko if you have a thing for tearjerker

Emblem Take 2 if you're interested in Yakuza

Domain of Murder simple, but nice mystery

Misuteβ™‘naide Daisy for wholesome romance...
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation

May 8, 4:39 AM

one outs, kaiji, denpa teki na kanojo
I'VE CHANGED, BELIEVE ME

May 8, 4:42 AM
Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song this anime is very underrated

May 8, 4:48 AM

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, maybe.

May 8, 4:53 AM

Megalo box, paranoia agent, dorohedoro, rainbow (criminally unpopular), world trigger (s2 much better than S1), Tokyo magnitude 8.0, gintama, mushishi, planetes

May 8, 4:53 AM

I have started to watch unpopular animes recently and I definitely want to recommend those all to others. Gems, I might say.
I've moved on to be a programming gang.

May 8, 4:58 AM
Does Paranoia Agent count as unpopular? If so, then that's my answer

May 8, 5:05 AM

I will recommend Kono Oto Tomare to people to make the anime popular.

May 8, 5:18 AM

Qualidea Code

It's action anime, have low rated and unpopular but it's enjoyable to watch.
What Does Pot of Greed do?

May 8, 5:22 AM

I would recommend Akudama drive.It's like turn off your brain and watch type of anime.
I am so sad by the fact that I may not be able to see Aot s4 p2 hype because of my entrance exams. Almost to the point I just feel like I want to cry.

May 8, 5:24 AM

OT: Kakugo no Susume, still below 5/10, still less than 10k members. Get a sense of humor, MALers, hmpf.

NinjaEra23 said:
Monster is pretty unpopular I guess. It is a must watch for Psychological and Mystery lovers

... Where do you come from? Monster is literally the first recc everyone's gonna give you for serious, darker animu.

May 8, 5:26 AM

Currently watching Hikaru no Go. Really good stuff, surprised it isn't more popular.

May 8, 5:27 AM

May 8, 5:38 AM

I just finished watching Re:Creators, so I will suggest this one. I dunno if this is considered underrated tho. Have you guys seen this? I enjoyed it a lot actually. It's like isekai but the other way around. The fictional characters are ones who were transported here in the real world instead. Pretty interesting, isn't it?

I wanted people to watch at least the first episode and see if it makes them interested even more. β™‘β™‘β™‘

Fun fact: Hiroyuki Sawano is in charge of the soundtrack, so expect the fights to be epic. Also, I love the characters design!

Modified by irishwonders, May 8, 5:43 AM

May 8, 5:49 AM

So many good recommendations! Kono Oto Tomare is awesome. Especially the second season.

I'll add Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers). It's such a beautiful story with so many heartwarming moments. Both anime and manga are great!

May 8, 5:54 AM

Megalo box
Ahiru no sora
Akudama drive
Hinomaru sumo

May 8, 6:00 AM

Blood+ - I haven't finished it yet, but so far I got hella enjoyment from it. It's a good watch.

Casshern Sins - This one has a slow-pacing and dark story to tell. It's not for everyone, but if you're into slow-pacing shows, then try this one.

Karas (OVA) - It sure is telling a nonsensical story, but the hype the anime builds up itself will hit you. Plus, for a 2005 anime, it has a great animation.

ef: A Tale of Memories - This one outclassed every supernatural love drama anime(s) I've ever watched, yet, at least.

malefilmica said:
Gosick it's very good! its about mystery animes, like sherlock holmes!

Oh fck, I forgot about Gosick lmao. I've put it on my on-hold list for like forever. Gotta watch it again soon, and yes I agree with ya from what I remember
Modified by Daxonzion-, May 8, 6:04 AM

"κœ±α΄›Κ€α΄‡Ι΄Ι’α΄›Κœ ᴏꜰ Κœα΄‡α΄€Κ€α΄›, α΄‘Κœα΄‡Ι΄ ᴜɴΙͺᴛᴇᴅ, Ιͺα΄›'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -α΄€ΙͺΙ’Ιͺꜱ

May 8, 6:03 AM

May 8, 6:04 AM

NinjaEra23 said:
I think Monster is pretty popular among the general audience , who love thriller and psychological stuff , Most of the people recommend this ,Death note or Attack on Titan to even non anime fan who likes to get into anime

May 8, 6:08 AM

DfDaxz said:

malefilmica said:

Oh fck, I forgot about Gosick lmao. I've put it on my on-hold list for like forever. Gotta watch it again soon, and yes I agree with ya from what I remember
Yeah! you have to watch it! :D dont wait anymore jaja

May 8, 6:20 AM

The Great Passage, it's really underrated

May 8, 6:22 AM

tom0e said:
its rate 8 on MAL how is it underrated?

May 8, 6:23 AM

Man this is so repetitive...people never bother to search for existing topics before creating a new one.

Will repost my "Hidden gems" list:

Three categories:
- Known but for some reason behind the corner
- Known but misunderstood
- Hidden gems

Known but for some reason behind the corner:

1974 - Uchuu Senkan Yamato
1978 - Takarajima
1980 - Tom Sawyer no Bouken
1982 - Space Cobra
1983 - Soukou Kihei Votoms ; Golgo 13
1984 - Meitantei Holmes
1986 - Vampire Hunter D
1987 - Ouritsu Uchuugun: Honneamise no Tsubasa ; Robot Carnival ; Manie-Manie: Meikyuu Monogatari
1988 - Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor OVA
1989 - Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor Movie
1990 - Cat Ninden Teyandee (aka Samurai Pizza Cats)
1991 - Roujin Z ; Kikou Ryouhei Mellowlink
1992 - Giant Robo The Animation ; Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki
1993 - Musekinin Kanchou Tylor ; Juubee Ninpuuchou ; Patlabor 2 the Movie
1994 - Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki (1994)
1995 - Slayers
1996 - Memories ; Slayers Next ; Burn-up W ; Tetsuwan Birdy
1997 - Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar ; Slayers Try ; Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (1997) ; Burn-up Exces
1998 - Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou ; Golgo 13: Queen Bee ; Spriggan
1999 - The Big O ; Jin-Rou
2000 - Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar Final ; Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust ; Blood: The Last Vampire
2001 - Nekojiru-soup ; Metropolis ; Mahou Yuugi 2D + Mahou Yuugi 3D
2002 - Tenchi Muyou! GXP ; Azumanga Daioh ; Princess Tutu
2003 - Macross Zero ; The Big O (2003) ; Kino no Tabi (2003) ; The Animatrix ; Fullmetal Panic? Fumoffu ; Tokyo Godfathers ; Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki (2003) ; Planetes
2004 - Appleseed (2004) ; Steamboy ; Fantastic Children ; Gankutsuou
2005 - Karas ; Sousei no Aquarion ; Hachimitsu to Clover ; Fullmetal Panic! The Second Raid ; Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
2006 - Hachimitsu to Clover II ; Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
2007 - Nodame Cantabile ; Hidamari Sketch ; Lovely Complex ; Stranger: Mukou Hadan ; Appleseed Saga Ex Machina ; Soukou Kihei Votoms: Pailsen Files
2008 - Macross Frontier ; Hidamari Sketch x 365 ; Tetsuwan Birdy Decode ; Bounen no Xamdou ; Detroit Metal City ; Cobra The Animation: The Psychogun ; Nodame Cantabile: Paris Hen
2009 - Cobra The Animation: Time Drive
2010 - Cobra The Animation (2010) ; Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu ; Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu ; Nodame Cantabile: Finale ; Katanagatari ; Working!! ; Soukou Kihei Votoms: Gen'ei Hen ; Shinryaku! Ika Musume
2011 - Gosick ; Tiger & Bunny ; Sket Dance ; Shinryaku!? Ika Musume ; Carnival Phantasm ; Hidamari Sketch x SP
2012 - Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 ; Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ; Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA ; Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ; Kokoro Connect ; Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb ; Saint Onii-san (2012)
2013 - Saint Onii-san (2013) ; Uchouten Kazoku, Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013) ; Hidamari Sketch: Sae Hiro Sotsugyou Hen
2014 - Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns ; Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
2015 - Working!!! ; Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns (2015)
2017 - ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka ; Youjo Senki ; Uchouten Kazoku 2 ; Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
2018 - Sora yori mo Tooi Basho ; Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan ; B: The Beginning ; Hataraku Saibou
2019 - Kemurikusa ; Youjo Senki Movie
2020 - Id:Invaded ; Zashiki-warashi no Tatami-chan ; Appare Ranman! ; Maoujou de Oyasumi ; Akudama Drive
2021 - Fate/Grand Carnival ; Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu You na Monogatari

Known but misunderstood:

1988 - Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Waga Yuku wa Hoshi no Taikai - people often miss this pilot to LOTGH, it's a nice way to test the waters if you gonna like the frenchise or not.
1998 - Geobreeders: File-X Chibi Neko Dakkan - at first glance it's a standard MOE ecchi thing, but it has unexpected abouts of nicely done action and surreal humour.
2000 - Geobreeders 2: Mouryou Yuugekitai File-XX Ransen Toppa
2002 - Overman King Gainer - people are taking it too seriously, it's supposed to be crazy and desiderating.
2004 - Area 88 (2004) - everybody remembers remembers only the OVA, but I think the TV was nice.
2014 - Terra Formars OAD - the only good part of the Terra Formars franchise.
2014 - Gundam G no Reconguista - see Overman King Gainer.
2015 - Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - it's a parody, a caricature and it has tonsl with political stuff, but people took it for battle shounen and were disappointed.
2016 - Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song
2019 - Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai - you watch this show for the gorgeous aerial dog fights, the rest is trash.
2020 - BNA - it's a fun little conspiracy show not a failed attempt at SJW title

Hidden gems:

1968 - Sabu to Ichi Torimono Hikae
1981 - Kazoku Robinson Hyouryuuki: Fushigi na Shima no Flon
1982 - Kagaku Kyuujo-tai TechnoVoyager
1983 - Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam
1984 - Giant Gorg ; SF Shin Seiki Lensman + Galactic Patrol Lensman
1986 - Uchuusen Sagittarius
1987 - Black Magic M-66 ; X Densha de Ikou
1988 - Dominion
1989 - Venus Senki
1990 - Teki wa Kaizoku: Neko-tachi no Kyouen ; Kumo no You ni Kaze no You ni
1991 - Trapp Ikka Monogatari
1993 - Ghost Sweeper Mikami ; Tokusou Senshatai Dominion ; Orguss 02 OVA (you can skip on the horrible TV series from the 80s)
1994 - Nanatsu no Umi no Tico ; Iria: Zeiram - The Animation ; Ghost Sweeper Mikami: Gokuraku Daisakusen!! ; Darkside Blues ; Aozora Shoujotai.
1995 - El-Hazard: The Magnificent World
1996 - Mahou Tsukai Tai!
1998 - 6 Gou and Kujira no Chouyaku
1999 - Hoohokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun
2000 - Hidamari no Ki
2001 - Spirit of Wonder: Shounen Kagaku Club ; Zone of the Enders 2167 Idolo ; Zone of the Enders Dolores,I ; Animation Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan
2002 - Trava: Fist Planet ; WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3 ; Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai ; Sentou Yousei Yukikaze ; Gun Frontier ; Hanada Shounen-shi ; Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe
2003 - Aru Tabibito no Nikki
2004 - Animation Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan 2 ; Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu ; Kakurenbo ; Yakitate!! Japan ; Mankatsu
2006 - Giniro no Kami no Agito ; Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings ; Project Blue Chikyuu SOS ; Black Blood Brothers ; Ghost Hunt ; Shin SOS Dai Tokyo Tankentai ; Freedom
2007 - Kafka Inaka Isha ; Highlander: The Search for Vengeance ; Genius Party ; Sketchbook: Full Color's
2008 - Fireball ; Toshokan Sensou ; Zettai Karen Children ; Batman: Gotham Knight ; Mouryou no Hako ; Genius Party Beyond ; Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Anime
2009 - Kurokami The Animation ; Senjou no Valkyria: Valkyria Chronicles ; Natsu no Arashi! ; Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike ; Cencoroll
2010 - Uchuu Show e Youkoso ; Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin ; Otome Youkai Zakuro ; Soredemo Machi wa Mawatte Iru
2011 - Rain Town ; Fireball Charming ; Senjou no Valkyria 3: Unrecorded Chronicles - Tagatame no Juusou ; Touhou Gensou Mangekyou
2012 - Buta ; Wasurenagumo ; Kuromajo-san ga Tooru!! ; Joshiraku ; Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
2013 - Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke ; Senyuu. ; Joshiraku OVA ; Servant x Service
2014 - Tonari no Seki-kun ; Danna ga Nani o Itte Iruka Wakaranai Ken ; Magic Kaito 1412 ; Imawa no Kuni no Alice OVA
2015 - Yoru no Yatterman ; Danna ga Nani o Itte Iruka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sureme ; Punch Line
2016 - Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge ; Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou ; Nobunaga no Shinobi ; Bernard-jou Iwaku
2017 - Onihei ; Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki Hen ; Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017) ; Fireball Humorous
2018 - Hakumei to Mikochi ; Hisone to Masotan ; Tsukumogami Kashimasu
2019 - Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki ; Cencoroll 2 ; Obsolete
2020 - Fireball Gebaude Baude
2021 - Youjo Shachou

May 8, 6:24 AM

Sk8 the Infinity
Chihayafuru
Sirius the Jaeger
Kono Oto Tomare
Wonder Egg Priority
Inuyashiki

May 8, 6:42 AM
Nobunaga Concerto. Why? because the comedy slaps and you actually learn a bit of history from it.

May 8, 7:01 AM

alshu said:
Man this is so repetitive...people never bother to search for existing topics before creating a new one.

Will repost my "Hidden gems" list:

Three categories:
- Known but for some reason behind the corner
- Known but misunderstood
- Hidden gems

Known but for some reason behind the corner:

1974 - Uchuu Senkan Yamato
1978 - Takarajima
1980 - Tom Sawyer no Bouken
1982 - Space Cobra
1983 - Soukou Kihei Votoms ; Golgo 13
1984 - Meitantei Holmes
1986 - Vampire Hunter D
1987 - Ouritsu Uchuugun: Honneamise no Tsubasa ; Robot Carnival ; Manie-Manie: Meikyuu Monogatari
1988 - Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor OVA
1989 - Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor Movie
1990 - Cat Ninden Teyandee (aka Samurai Pizza Cats)
1991 - Roujin Z ; Kikou Ryouhei Mellowlink
1992 - Giant Robo The Animation ; Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki
1993 - Musekinin Kanchou Tylor ; Juubee Ninpuuchou ; Patlabor 2 the Movie
1994 - Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki (1994)
1995 - Slayers
1996 - Memories ; Slayers Next ; Burn-up W ; Tetsuwan Birdy
1997 - Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar ; Slayers Try ; Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (1997) ; Burn-up Exces
1998 - Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou ; Golgo 13: Queen Bee ; Spriggan
1999 - The Big O ; Jin-Rou
2000 - Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar Final ; Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust ; Blood: The Last Vampire
2001 - Nekojiru-soup ; Metropolis ; Mahou Yuugi 2D + Mahou Yuugi 3D
2002 - Tenchi Muyou! GXP ; Azumanga Daioh ; Princess Tutu
2003 - Macross Zero ; The Big O (2003) ; Kino no Tabi (2003) ; The Animatrix ; Fullmetal Panic? Fumoffu ; Tokyo Godfathers ; Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki (2003) ; Planetes
2004 - Appleseed (2004) ; Steamboy ; Fantastic Children ; Gankutsuou
2005 - Karas ; Sousei no Aquarion ; Hachimitsu to Clover ; Fullmetal Panic! The Second Raid ; Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
2006 - Hachimitsu to Clover II ; Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
2007 - Nodame Cantabile ; Hidamari Sketch ; Lovely Complex ; Stranger: Mukou Hadan ; Appleseed Saga Ex Machina ; Soukou Kihei Votoms: Pailsen Files
2008 - Macross Frontier ; Hidamari Sketch x 365 ; Tetsuwan Birdy Decode ; Bounen no Xamdou ; Detroit Metal City ; Cobra The Animation: The Psychogun ; Nodame Cantabile: Paris Hen
2009 - Cobra The Animation: Time Drive
2010 - Cobra The Animation (2010) ; Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu ; Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu ; Nodame Cantabile: Finale ; Katanagatari ; Working!! ; Soukou Kihei Votoms: Gen'ei Hen ; Shinryaku! Ika Musume
2011 - Gosick ; Tiger & Bunny ; Sket Dance ; Shinryaku!? Ika Musume ; Carnival Phantasm ; Hidamari Sketch x SP
2012 - Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 ; Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ; Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA ; Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ; Kokoro Connect ; Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb ; Saint Onii-san (2012)
2013 - Saint Onii-san (2013) ; Uchouten Kazoku, Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013) ; Hidamari Sketch: Sae Hiro Sotsugyou Hen
2014 - Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns ; Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
2015 - Working!!! ; Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns (2015)
2017 - ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka ; Youjo Senki ; Uchouten Kazoku 2 ; Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
2018 - Sora yori mo Tooi Basho ; Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan ; B: The Beginning ; Hataraku Saibou
2019 - Kemurikusa ; Youjo Senki Movie
2020 - Id:Invaded ; Zashiki-warashi no Tatami-chan ; Appare Ranman! ; Maoujou de Oyasumi ; Akudama Drive
2021 - Fate/Grand Carnival ; Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu You na Monogatari

Known but misunderstood:

1988 - Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Waga Yuku wa Hoshi no Taikai - people often miss this pilot to LOTGH, it's a nice way to test the waters if you gonna like the frenchise or not.
1998 - Geobreeders: File-X Chibi Neko Dakkan - at first glance it's a standard MOE ecchi thing, but it has unexpected abouts of nicely done action and surreal humour.
2000 - Geobreeders 2: Mouryou Yuugekitai File-XX Ransen Toppa
2002 - Overman King Gainer - people are taking it too seriously, it's supposed to be crazy and desiderating.
2004 - Area 88 (2004) - everybody remembers remembers only the OVA, but I think the TV was nice.
2014 - Terra Formars OAD - the only good part of the Terra Formars franchise.
2014 - Gundam G no Reconguista - see Overman King Gainer.
2015 - Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - it's a parody, a caricature and it has tonsl with political stuff, but people took it for battle shounen and were disappointed.
2016 - Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song
2019 - Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai - you watch this show for the gorgeous aerial dog fights, the rest is trash.
2020 - BNA - it's a fun little conspiracy show not a failed attempt at SJW title

Hidden gems:

1968 - Sabu to Ichi Torimono Hikae
1981 - Kazoku Robinson Hyouryuuki: Fushigi na Shima no Flon
1982 - Kagaku Kyuujo-tai TechnoVoyager
1983 - Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam
1984 - Giant Gorg ; SF Shin Seiki Lensman + Galactic Patrol Lensman
1986 - Uchuusen Sagittarius
1987 - Black Magic M-66 ; X Densha de Ikou
1988 - Dominion
1989 - Venus Senki
1990 - Teki wa Kaizoku: Neko-tachi no Kyouen ; Kumo no You ni Kaze no You ni
1991 - Trapp Ikka Monogatari
1993 - Ghost Sweeper Mikami ; Tokusou Senshatai Dominion ; Orguss 02 OVA (you can skip on the horrible TV series from the 80s)
1994 - Nanatsu no Umi no Tico ; Iria: Zeiram - The Animation ; Ghost Sweeper Mikami: Gokuraku Daisakusen!! ; Darkside Blues ; Aozora Shoujotai.
1995 - El-Hazard: The Magnificent World
1996 - Mahou Tsukai Tai!
1998 - 6 Gou and Kujira no Chouyaku
1999 - Hoohokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun
2000 - Hidamari no Ki
2001 - Spirit of Wonder: Shounen Kagaku Club ; Zone of the Enders 2167 Idolo ; Zone of the Enders Dolores,I ; Animation Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan
2002 - Trava: Fist Planet ; WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3 ; Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai ; Sentou Yousei Yukikaze ; Gun Frontier ; Hanada Shounen-shi ; Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe
2003 - Aru Tabibito no Nikki
2004 - Animation Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan 2 ; Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu ; Kakurenbo ; Yakitate!! Japan ; Mankatsu
2006 - Giniro no Kami no Agito ; Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings ; Project Blue Chikyuu SOS ; Black Blood Brothers ; Ghost Hunt ; Shin SOS Dai Tokyo Tankentai ; Freedom
2007 - Kafka Inaka Isha ; Highlander: The Search for Vengeance ; Genius Party ; Sketchbook: Full Color's
2008 - Fireball ; Toshokan Sensou ; Zettai Karen Children ; Batman: Gotham Knight ; Mouryou no Hako ; Genius Party Beyond ; Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Anime
2009 - Kurokami The Animation ; Senjou no Valkyria: Valkyria Chronicles ; Natsu no Arashi! ; Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike ; Cencoroll
2010 - Uchuu Show e Youkoso ; Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin ; Otome Youkai Zakuro ; Soredemo Machi wa Mawatte Iru
2011 - Rain Town ; Fireball Charming ; Senjou no Valkyria 3: Unrecorded Chronicles - Tagatame no Juusou ; Touhou Gensou Mangekyou
2012 - Buta ; Wasurenagumo ; Kuromajo-san ga Tooru!! ; Joshiraku ; Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
2013 - Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke ; Senyuu. ; Joshiraku OVA ; Servant x Service
2014 - Tonari no Seki-kun ; Danna ga Nani o Itte Iruka Wakaranai Ken ; Magic Kaito 1412 ; Imawa no Kuni no Alice OVA
2015 - Yoru no Yatterman ; Danna ga Nani o Itte Iruka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sureme ; Punch Line
2016 - Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge ; Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou ; Nobunaga no Shinobi ; Bernard-jou Iwaku
2017 - Onihei ; Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki Hen ; Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017) ; Fireball Humorous
2018 - Hakumei to Mikochi ; Hisone to Masotan ; Tsukumogami Kashimasu
2019 - Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki ; Cencoroll 2 ; Obsolete
2020 - Fireball Gebaude Baude
2021 - Youjo Shachou
brah!!! I am stacked now , so many anime recommendation , thank youu :)

May 8, 7:07 AM

It's not necessarily unpopular but I think Yuukoku no Moriarty should get more attention
https://myanimelist.net/anime/40911/Yuukoku_no_Moriarty

May 8, 7:28 AM

Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/40906/Dragon_Quest__Dai_no_Daibouken_2020

Latest episodes had insane fights
(spoiler)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFOCg4XIEQ

May 9, 1:37 AM

tom0e said:
It's not underrated it's have got around 8.45 , more over that's not even the question here

May 9, 1:40 AM

Lisstaa said:
I will recommend Kono Oto Tomare to people to make the anime popular.
Yaa man that anime net to be popular, it have good animation , music , characters and most important nice story , idk why people avoid this type of anime

May 9, 1:49 AM

Space brothers
3 Gatsu no lion
The tatami galaxy
Serial experiments lain
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

May 9, 1:54 AM

Although Tsuki ga Kirei has 300k members on MAL with a 8.16 mean score, it's pretty unheard of and goes under the radar

May 9, 1:56 AM
Sukasuka, girls last tour are two post apocalyptic world anime which I will recommend

May 9, 2:10 AM

LeEggBread said:
Although Tsuki ga Kirei has 300k members on MAL with a 8.16 mean score, it's pretty unheard of and goes under the radar
I recently watched Tsuki ga kirei and The best thing about that anime is the ending ,

May 9, 5:02 AM

Death Parade
Shoukoku no Altair
Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine
Amagi Brilliant Park

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫

May 9, 5:14 AM

definitely the tatami galaxy. I know some people may find it boring but in my opinion this is a hidden gem.
[center][img]signature.png[/img][/center]

Pages (2) [1] 2 »