Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 7, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dai's chance to fight against Baran in that monstrous form.

Hell of a fight this episode and it goes to show just how powerful Baran is again. Gotta give credit to Dai for showing everything he's got. What a cilffhanger!
May 7, 2021 6:01 PM

Nov 2020
Awesome episode and awesome animation!!
May 7, 2021 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was way too short. Not to mention I hate waiting another dang week. ARUGH! Man. This was getting so good. Dang it.
May 7, 2021 7:39 PM

Jun 2015
Crazy animation in this episode! 3 and a half chapters covered.
Good luck with your Zaoraru, Leona
May 7, 2021 7:40 PM
Oct 2016
The begins of a brutal fight between father and son. We've gotten a few of those lately. Dai vs Baran was bound to happen but I didn't know it would get this crazy. Baran is pulling out all the stops against his own son, being provoked enough to that level. Their fight looked great mixing the CG and standard animation. This show has done the CG cuts of a big fight before always looking good. Dai and Baran chasing each other around the sky fits it well making the action smooth. The moment in that scene where it gets super detailed when Dai goes straight at Baran knocking him into the rocks and Baran then flipped it back. That looked great so like vibrant. Crocodine coming in clutch as usual grabbing Baran so Dai could recover. Dai almost had him, I thought the Avan strash would land but no. Leona needs to revive Popp to get Dai some help.
May 7, 2021 7:41 PM

Jan 2009
damn the first battle sakuga scenes are done by the ace key animator of Toei that is Naotoshi Shida eh

and the rest of the episode is animated great too with some nice 3DCG battle scenes too

Doruora is like a kamehameha but Dai withstand it with Dragonic Aura alone

and looks like Popp will comeback from the dead in the next episode
May 7, 2021 7:41 PM

Feb 2019
Dai v Baran didn’t disappoint at all holy shit what a fight. Toei have really done a great job picking and choosing when to snap on these episodes and today’s episode def warranted it. Really got goosebumps when Dai took Baran’s Duorora straight on. Can not wait until next week.
May 7, 2021 7:58 PM

Nov 2007
lol @ This Tweet describing ex-enemies' conversation on the battle
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 7, 2021 8:48 PM
Aug 2020
It's funny how this was a mediocre to decent anime up until some episodes ago and then the guys at Toei just went and said "You know what? Let's give Jujutsu Kaisen a run for its money." Another week another amazing episode, it reminded of the time I used watch Dragon Ball as kid (I wasn't alive when the original DQ aired), and I was just as hyped watching this episode as I used to be when I was a kid watching Dragon Ball Z
May 7, 2021 9:00 PM
Sep 2015
This episode is just amazing. I get a goosebump even though I haven't pay attention to watching it. Can we agree that this new composer is better than the old one?

Anyway, Baran is a sexy killing beast. I still want to see his bare chest in human form. Sure, I can take on his dragonoid form, but I prefer a more natural body.
May 7, 2021 9:38 PM

Sep 2018
2 more episodes to finish the Destiny Arc and to reach 1/3 of the story... and... THE BEST ARC OF ALL TIME is coming!!!
Awesome episode this week!
May 7, 2021 10:14 PM

Dec 2020
Was of course an awesome episode as intended !

OST is awesome maybe misplaced sometimes.
May 7, 2021 10:23 PM
Apr 2016
Fuck me that was epic!

Would have been a 10 out of 10 episode if not for the couple 3D scenes (why?!), but pretty much everything else was on freakin point!

May 7, 2021 10:36 PM

Sep 2018
Cruicruise said:
Fuck me that was epic!

Would have been a 10 out of 10 episode if not for the couple 3D scenes (why?!), but pretty much everything else was on freakin point!

For saving budget. This ep cost them too much money lol XD
May 7, 2021 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
DragonKnight92 said:
Cruicruise said:
Fuck me that was epic!

For saving budget. This ep cost them too much money lol XD

no it was said by anime insiders that 3DCG cost more than 2D animation but the reason the anime industry uses a lot of 3DCG this days is because it speeds up production process since there will be no more in-betweening animators to pay, there is no more colorist to pay too and etc so the it skips a lot of anime production process but 3DCG animators are paid big thats the main reason 3D animation is expensive
May 7, 2021 11:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Baran vs Dai was totally epic, and damn even Crocodine was great in this episode, now what we can hope is to Popp to be properly revived (but I'm sure it will work)
May 7, 2021 11:30 PM

Dec 2020
Ashhk said:
Baran vs Dai was totally epic, and damn even Crocodine was great in this episode, now what we can hope is to Popp to be properly revived (but I'm sure it will work)

Or not ! Who knows ! /Cheer Leona
May 7, 2021 11:30 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Le-Conteur said:
Ashhk said:

Or not ! Who knows !
It would be a big loss then :( probably my favorite character in the series so far
May 7, 2021 11:44 PM

Mar 2018
Awesome Fight what a Amazing Episode
May 8, 2021 12:03 AM

Jan 2009
Cruicruise said:
Fuck me that was epic!

in the case of this show i guess the use of 3DCG is to take advantage of its easy camera movements direction since this show usually do 3DCG scenes on action scenes that have plenty of camera movements
May 8, 2021 1:06 AM

Sep 2019
That was a really good episode. I loved the animation except the scene where they used cg castle but that wasn’t bad either. Popp most likely will come back to life.
May 8, 2021 1:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow that 3g fights, like watching a cut-scene from the video game. Good enough. Baran straight being the monster. That laugh really satisfying to heard. However, the next episode literally said the fate of him. Lol, pity him. Thank you very much. Crocodine just damn tough, can't be death easily, even with all that injury. I wonder what kind of plan Hyunckel have at those critical situation. Shall he lend his sword? I forgot if Hyunckel even still have the sword, though. So, yeah, lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 8, 2021 1:51 AM

Sep 2013
Guess that's what Toei meant when talking about the new and incoming animation style One Piece will get in a couple of months

This mix of 3d/2d is really pleasant to the eyes,looks like Dragon Ball FighterZ but is it enough to replace 2d animation in key moments that i don't know...
Deep dark fantasies
May 8, 2021 2:24 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty good episode but I expected more to be honest
"the greatest battle in the world" from the preview was so cheap and exaggerated.
and then we have things like "the best arc of all time" which get repeated so many times that it loses any meaning eventually.

I probably just need to ignore sentences like these and keep my expectations in check then I'm sure it's gonna be an enjoyable ride.

my favorite scene in the episode:
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/153871

Is it just me or did Baran become so annoying and cringy since his transformation?

Regarding Popp's resurrection, it was obvious there was no way they would get rid of Popp that early. I still think it was a great scene and as long as they don't overuse this resurrection spell to the point it becomes a joke like Dragon Ball, then I don't mind it.
May 8, 2021 2:41 AM

Dec 2020
_Endless_ said:
Pretty good episode but I expected more to be honest
things like "the best arc of all time" which get repeated so many times that it loses any meaning eventually.

Regarding Popp's resurrection, it was obvious there was no way they would get rid of Popp that early. I still think it was a great scene and as long as they don't overuse this resurrection spell to the point it becomes a joke like Dragon Ball, then I don't mind it.

People are always hyping too much, but in other hand, this anime is so underated that i understand them a bit. They cheer people to watch it. But they create sometimes too much expectations

About resurection spell, don't worry it will be ok
May 8, 2021 2:46 AM

Sep 2018
The interesting difference between Zaoraru in Manga and Anime. Does this mean anything?

May 8, 2021 2:52 AM

May 2012
Best fight so far. Only thing I don't like is the CG part

DragonKnight92 said:
The interesting difference between Zaoraru in Manga and Anime. Does this mean anything?

Maybe they don't want any christian/religion reference in the anime
thepathMay 8, 2021 3:32 AM
May 8, 2021 4:53 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was amazing. The animation and fight choreography was just perfect..
May 8, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty intense action packed episode. Also I hope Leona succeeds in bringing Popp back.
May 8, 2021 6:16 AM

Sep 2018
It's FACT's time XD

May 8, 2021 7:07 AM
Jan 2021
From Dragon Quest to Dragon Ball Z in one episode lol
May 8, 2021 7:25 AM

Apr 2015
Hell yeah this episode was fantasctic and definitely gave off Dragon Ball vibes. Plus the blend in animations were nicely done, they exploited the 3D well.
Looking forward to next week more than ever.
May 8, 2021 8:17 AM

Feb 2020
This episode was SO F*CKING AMAZING holy sh*t, dude, that Dai vs. Baran fight was incredible, the animation, coreography, I loved this episode, can't wait for the next one!!!

Just a random guy who likes random stuff (ᐛ)و
Also, nice to meet you ;)
May 8, 2021 9:11 AM

Aug 2018
danzoc said:
From Dragon Quest to Dragon Ball Z in one episode lol

And only one-third of the story has been completed so far.
Now I'm curious to see how the final boss fight is gonna look like.
May 8, 2021 9:31 AM

Jun 2012
After watching the first episode when the series premiered, I did some research and found out it was going to be a full readaptation of a long running old manga. Because I'm impatient, I decided to just read it all. Fast forward to today's episode and I knew this was going to be one of the highlights of the new show and I"m glad they did it justice. Plus, the fight isn't even done yet.

What Toei is doing with this show is similar to what famous past reboots like FMA:Brotherhood and HxH 2011 did and I'm glad that they seem to be aiming to join that pantheon because this show so far has been fucking amazing.
May 8, 2021 9:39 AM

May 2018
Great episode! Animation was top notch. Baram just won't die haha, and I think Popp gonna get revived
May 8, 2021 10:50 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's a battle between a God and Demi-God with Baran and Dai. Toei snapped on this episode and I didn't mind the 3D CGI scenes since it had a video game feel to it.
May 8, 2021 11:15 AM
May 2019
The fight between father and son was epic!
This episode is just amazing ! Great work from the studio :)
May 8, 2021 12:53 PM

May 2015
I love all the eyes and mouth twitches they gave Baran during this episode. That really added something.

DragonKnight92 said:

It's the symbol they use in churches since DQ IX. VIII looked more like a trident. Anyway, they've gone away from the cross they used in early games for a while now.
Turtles_HunterMay 8, 2021 1:04 PM
May 8, 2021 3:08 PM
Feb 2020
Cruicruise said:
Fuck me that was epic!

You should take into consideration that the small amount of cg scenes help give the rest of the show its amazing animation, art, pacing, etc. The fact that it isn't Berserk 3d or rushed like AOT should be something to appreciate.

Plus those crazy camera angles during the fight scene gives some new depth in animation that can't be done normally in 2d, gives the show a lot more variety compared to others, but that's just me
May 8, 2021 3:19 PM

Apr 2018
My only complain is that part where both Dai and Baran start screaming. I though I got the wrong series and started watching DBZ. Everything else was epic, even the 3D animation was decent.
May 8, 2021 5:35 PM

Dec 2020
OMG

the episode was extremely entertaining and beautiful

5/5
May 8, 2021 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
What a beautiful animation the fight became every time, I really liked the plot of the episode.
May 8, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2020
hyunckel proved to be the smartest character in the show
the information and knowledge he has is unbelievable
he can analyze battles and people's abilities In a very short time , especially when he talked about dai's human blood
May 9, 2021 12:43 AM

Oct 2008
SO INTENSE!!! VERY SATISFIED!!! GIVE US MORE!!!
5/5!!!

May 9, 2021 6:44 AM

Mar 2010
Crocodine seems to be immortal.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 9, 2021 7:33 AM

May 2012
Rasco said:

Yea. He survived two Gigabreak, a big hole in the chest, a hit from zap spell.... And he still alive

Leona helped him with healing spells but stilll...
May 9, 2021 7:34 AM

Dec 2020
Crocodine is the best tank ever in a JRPG fight !
Hyunckel is a smart DPS
Leona the best healer
Popp is an adorable Mage
Dai is the party leader

Welcome in a Dragon quest fight
May 9, 2021 8:59 PM

Dec 2020
about popp

people really need to understand that this anime is based on RPG games
and 90% of RPG games have resurrection spell , In particular , dragon quest and final fantasy series
the most famous spell to bring back the dead to life is (phoenix down)
so no need to hate this scenario guys

besides , leona is basaically a white mage in this show and she has amazing abilities to heal party members

May 9, 2021 10:50 PM

Sep 2020
Since when this show becomes DBZ?

Le-Conteur said:
Crocodine is the best tank ever in a JRPG fight !
Hyunckel is a smart DPS
Leona the best healer
Popp is an adorable Mage
Dai is the party leader

Welcome in a Dragon quest fight

You forgot Maam: T&A provider, which has been butchered by PC zealots. May she RIP in peace

Rasco said:

He blessed with the power of PLOT ARMOR, like all the main characters in this show so no harm shall befall him

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.