Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, this episode really put an emphasis on hard work. I mean, working means to pay off a debt that is...

Takara is quite a gentleman for giving her the chance to make money as a part time job. What a battle this episode though.
Stark700May 6, 2021 7:51 AM
May 6, 2021 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
Hmmm...this episode is probably my least favourite so far.

To me, Takara is the least interesting out of all of the fairies, and the damsel in this episode didn't have much personality. I feel like the narrative could have delved deeper into themes of poverty, starvation, and exploitation.

Takara's transformation sequence felt really stagnant, and his battle was really plain. Just a wrestling match with a bull monster, featuring very little animation. I liked the design of the bull monster, though!!

With all that being said, I still enjoyed watching this episode! I just hope that the story and animation quality picks up a bit starting next week!

I think that episodes 6-12 will be more plot-focused, rather than episodic. I'm hoping that a zany plot will be able to compensate for any dips in animation quality moving forward.

As always, I'm looking forward to the next episode!
May 6, 2021 8:42 AM
Sep 2015
He betrays me! He's not suppose to have sexual relationship with any woman! He should be punished by make him having a sexual relationship with men!
May 6, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2010
Now that the last episodic/focusing on one fairy is done with. I hope the episodes going forward will be more plot focused. Hoping the villain they keep showing will spice things up some. And to learn more about the lore/world building.
Because for me, I find this anime to be so incredibly dull until it gets to the over the top transformation scenes and battle segments.

Because all the stuff with these human characters is the weakest part, I just kind of tune it all out. It only serves to show a little bit of the Fairy characters past and give them a shred of character development. I thought Takara was gonna bang the vegetable grocer girl though. Honestly, character would be a lot more interesting if he had sex with humans of all genders IMO. But I guess this anime still has to cater to the straight men who might be watching this, and can’t make Takara be more fluid in his sexuality *sigh*

I was also looking forward to his transformation scene the most, since I like his character design. Yet despite him being a total manwhore, his transformation was the least sexualized and over the top compared to all the other Fairy’s. So lame. But the animation has taken a noticeable hit. The animation is a lot more limited now. So that could explain why the transformation segment was so underwhelming. It be unfortunate if it doesn’t get better or only gets worse.
May 6, 2021 9:30 PM
Feb 2021
I agree with the sentiment here so far. This was a pretty lackluster episode overall, especially the latter half. The theming of Takana's "arena" felt underwhelming. It was Roman or Greek, then a bull straight out of Picasso's "Guernica" is the main foe? Wut? This might be the weakest episode so far.

I'm excited for next week though, excited for the shake up to the formula!
May 7, 2021 8:44 PM

Aug 2017
I was expecting for more.... TAKARA is a manwhore so I was assuming that his transformation was like whhhaaammm!

Oh well me might see a different animation nxt week, looking forward to it.

May 8, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2013
we've finally gotten to see all of them in action now! i didn't expect this episode's guy's personality to be like this but he still helped the poor girl yay
May 10, 2021 6:12 AM

Dec 2017
I ended up liking Takara a lot, but his fairy personality/transformation was like seeing a different show. Takara is smooth, slutty and kinda sleazy and then when he transforms he's this macho, super serious melee fighter? Also, couldn't they have made Takara's human form dark skinned as well? :/

Also something tells me he earns his money as a prostitute.

I really hope we get lore from the fairy world, it seems like things there are bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2021 11:14 PM

Dec 2017
Actually, I enjoyed this one. I was quite happy to see a new side to Takara other than just his lustful side. It was nice to see that he can be quite caring as well, and has stuff on his mind other than sexual pleasure.

But now that our group is introduced, I wonder how it'll play out. Will we get to see them fighting in duos, or better yet, as a full team? I hope so.
Jun 23, 2021 11:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I kinda felt bad for this woman, she got scammed too easily so many times, at least she got saved at the end
Jun 25, 2021 3:13 PM

Jan 2010
I wasn't expecting it, i didn't like takara very much cuz he is a womanizer and until this episode they didn't show anything good about him, but I end up liking him very much this episode

and how nobody is talking about the Guernica's reference in this episode's battle? I loved it <33 but I just notice if there was a guernica's reference, than probably the other episodes had art references too and I didn't know them, I wish someone could tell me what references I missed

I started this show because i'm fujoshi but I'm actually pretty interested in the plot rn, I mean, the queen scene when she talk to her "butler" about takara, sounded like they could be related, and they kinda look alike too so, I'm suspicious about this

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

7 by reigensexc »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2021

22 by reigensexc »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:36 PM

» Where is the yaoi tag? It's gay

Old_School_Akira - Jun 26, 2021

40 by Salty-GB »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

64 by Thunder_Gods2 »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:51 AM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2021

10 by Sasha08 »»
Feb 19, 2023 9:42 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.