Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2021 6:46 PM

Oct 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the fire fighter was the culprit and off the cule to solving the mystery is japanese not much else
Break till end of may
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 8, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2018
The feeling/BO vibes Ai got couldn't have been Wakita, he was too far and no way he could be outside seconds after that
May 9, 2021 4:04 PM

Oct 2015
A very 'cute' case, and there is not much to say besides that: an entertaining detective ride for sure, but one that was not particularly memorable overall for also very obvious reasons. The code was childish, in a good way however. It was kind of 'clever' at the same time too: I guess it would not be too hard for a native-speaker to imagine a little girl thinking of such a code, while also not being that easy to figure out at first glance. I think Aoyama struck a right balance here: it is a cute, bittersweet, and perfectly suited mystery for a 'Detective Boys' narrative. It was enjoyable for what it was basically.

Though, I suppose one may argue that Akemi leaving another message to her sister might feel a bit redundant. 'Detective Conan' is the undisputed King of the 'Really? Again?' sentiment overall, but I certainly did not expect Aoyama adding another element - as small as it may be - connecting the two sisters. It is safe to say that Haibara's arc has been more or less completed, and that - for better or worse - there is nothing much more to say about her character. Thus, going back to this plot thread feels a bit backward with how Haibara has been portrayed lately.
Yet, I would also commend Aoyama for at least writing her pretty well this time: I would take this melancholic Haibara over her 'fangirl counterpart' any day of the week. I get that Haibara has to act now as a child, it makes sense with how she was written from the start. That is indeed her second chance in life - which is all sound and good really. Nevertheless, I cannot say I was particularly fond of any instance of her 'Beattlemania' kind of attitude in the past. Moving away from all of that would be greatly appreciated.

ArisXav said:
The feeling/BO vibes Ai got couldn't have been Wakita, he was too far and no way he could be outside seconds after that

I have seen that theory elsewhere, and I think people are reading a bit too much into it. I mean, 'Haibara's radar' is anything but particularly well-written: in my opinion, it is the literal definition of a poorly thought-out contrivance. Always has been.
Plus, it is not like Aoyama has been particularly consistent with it: sometimes, it is not as effective as it should have been (using the argument that Haibara is losing her link with the Black Organisation), sometimes it straight up disappears from the series (see the 'Jodie's Memories Murder Case', in which Vermouth was like two metres away from Haibara, and yet she felt absolutely nothing), and in this case it is working as intended - as if what I have just stated never occurred in the manga.
I would argue its use here was merely to remind the readership that Wakita is a looming threat - that he is indeed the real deal, and that Conan and co are still unable to make anything out of his presence. Also, this way, the case can end on a moment of tension: you obviously want to know what's next now, even though we are all well aware that the case in a month is going to be about something else entirely - in fact probably something not related at all to the Rum intrigue. I could see Kaito Kid being the focus for the next chapters for instance.
BertKnotMay 9, 2021 4:07 PM
Jun 3, 2021 3:35 AM

Nov 2016
Was especially easy to guess that it was the fire fighter guy. The stuff with Ai and her sister was cute.

And the lurker Wakita is still following every clue he comes across. Sooner or later there will be a big confrontation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 859 Discussion

k11chi - May 28, 2013

7 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 858 Discussion

viva_cmpunker - May 23, 2013

6 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 10, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 857 Discussion

viva_cmpunker - May 6, 2013

7 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 9, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 856 Discussion

Utsune - Apr 25, 2013

6 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 8, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 855 Discussion

viva_cmpunker - Apr 22, 2013

5 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 7, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.