Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
May 3, 4:32 AM
For a while, I've been thinking about what does good ending actually means to people.

May 3, 4:43 AM

There are plenty, like Haikyuu's ending, Kokou no hito's ending, and as much as I didn't like the last 50 or so chs of The Promised Neverland, the ending was pretty good.

May 3, 4:44 AM
If there is no intention to make a sequel then I would like the series to conclude in the ending. Code Geass or Cowboy Bebop for example.

If the anime has a sequel I would like to see some kind of hype scene set up before next season to keep me interested. For example AOT s4

Also happy endings are not automatically bad. Steins;Gate has one of the greatest endings IMO. I just don't like if everything gets resolved way too easily at the end.

May 3, 4:47 AM

Beastars(manga), AoT(manga) and prison school(manga) had amazing endings.

May 3, 4:48 AM

A good ending is in my opnion one that encaptulates the themes/goals of the story itself.

May 3, 4:49 AM
anushki said:

Careful, the brigade on this website is gonna come at you for not crapping on the aot ending and having a different opinion, lmao

May 3, 4:50 AM

SolitaryWeeb said:
anushki said:

Careful, the brigade on this website is gonna come at you for not crapping on the aot ending and having a different opinion, lmao
lol, i am trolling but i am sure many people will take it seriously and come at me

May 3, 4:51 AM
A good ending is concluding a show in the best way possible. If they intend to make a sequel the best ending would be the best way to make the audience interested and hyped for the sequel.

An example of a truly great ending would be code geass

May 3, 4:53 AM
anushki said:
SolitaryWeeb said:

lol, i am trolling but i am sure many people will take it seriously and come at me

Damn, thought I found someone who finally liked the ending despite the flaws like me XD

May 3, 4:53 AM

A good ending can be of two types imo.

1. A story that ends on a high note. For example, The Tatami Galaxy which has a really good and happy ending.

2. A story that just has a really well written ending. For example, Death Parade which has a well written ending.

May 3, 4:54 AM

A happy ending without Deus Ex Machinas.
This hentai is terrible for my brain...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aria is not boring, but these ones do be.

May 3, 4:54 AM

SolitaryWeeb said:
anushki said:

Damn, thought I found someone who finally liked the ending despite the flaws like me XD
I didn't hate it, it wasn't the best but i was thankful for the whole journey, i am not gonna give it a 1 just bc the final chapter sucked

May 3, 5:01 AM

When a tale is able to convey what it wants/needs to in the time that it requires to tie up any loose plot threads (if there are any) while also bringing happiness or peace to my favorite characters

May 3, 5:03 AM

Code Geass.

Doing good endings is incredibly hard since you need to take care of everything and make it worth the journey without getting a boring wish fullfillment ending imo.

Just do the opposite of what AoT did and you are fine.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

May 3, 5:10 AM
Honestly, if an anime has a dark ending but is written well and executed excellently I'd still like it... Death Note is my example of this, I really liked that ending.
But an example of a dark ending that wasn't really written well is Mirai Nikki imo.

Though, if an anime has a sweet ending, and the series ends on a high note that's even better.
hi

May 3, 5:14 AM

Assassination Classroom and Code Geass are great examples of amazing endings.
Everything came to a conclusion and it leaves you satisfied and happy that you watched the anime.
"Let face it, we're all going to suffer. That's how life works. It just depends if you're going to keep on fighting or give up. I want to live a life that I can look back to and be happy of. Right now, I honestly can't see that… but there is a tomorrow and I can try do what I'm proud of. I'm going to try and keep on fighting. I'm going to live and try to make the choices I will not regret. " ~ Erebus Akeldama

May 3, 5:19 AM
I like endings with a twist where they reveal something shocking or interesting and that reveal doesn't go beyond the story.

Also, why do I feel like this post is somehow related to Attack On Titan's ending? Not that I hate the ending.

May 3, 5:22 AM

Feels for bittersweet endings, and wholesomeness for sweet endings.

CURRENT
ANIME: (rewatching some old stuff)
MANGA: -
NOVEL: -
MUSIC: Hiroyuki Sawano - Ashes

May 3, 5:25 AM

IMO a good ending has to both provide closure and match the tone of the show without requiring any plot contrivances to do so.

A super-mega-happy ending rarely works well except in fluffy rom-coms, but it seems to be the most common choice of ending. I much prefer my endings to have at least a hint of bittersweetness or cynicism if the anime warrants it, but there should always be hope. Life isn't all happy but it certainly isn't a grimdark sack of despair. Only on one or two occasions has all human decency and enjoyment gone out of the window and no realistic hope of that changing - The Nazi death camps being one of them.

But most importantly, in order for an ending to be good it must first exist. Most good endings have a resolution where we can see the consequences of the climax and the reactions of the characters after achieving (or not achieving) their goals. Too many tv shows off all kinds skip that part and end immediately after the climax, like Macross plus. (The Sweeney is terrible for this, it feels like the last 5 minutes of the programme are missing).

Overall though good endings are very rare in anime, and when they do exist they often espouse a questionable world-view. Love, Chuunibyo and other Delusions was a very well done climax, but the moral of "Real life is hard so just believe what you want to believe" is very dangerous in today's post truth world. IRL Rikka would probably be a full on believer in the lizard illuminati and storming the Capital when she grows up lol.
Old is Gold

May 3, 5:30 AM

A good ending answers all my questions, and stays consistent to the story.

For me the journey matters more. So any ending that doesn't ruin said journey is good in my book.
For week 2 of Spring Season 2021 I choose Yoshida for my character of the week

If you think someone else would be better, please PM me.

May 3, 5:39 AM

For me, a good ending is when the story doesn't end with the protagonist's selfish goals or dreams.
Or when the story ends with an open ending, Inception has a good ending, eg

May 3, 5:41 AM
A great ending is the one that concludes the story, that contains the main themes of it, the solutions of the problems dealt with through the series, but most importantly a great ending is the culmination of the characters actions, interactions and developpement, and it's the result of events satisfying the rules of causality (the cause and effect rule). A greater ending is the one that contains all these elements, that is emotionally touching and that stays with you forever.

May 3, 5:50 AM
A good ending is something that satisfies me, Makes Sense and also concludes the story good. It’s doesn’t have to be a happy one or be a supper depressing one if just have to do the stuff I listed.

Some examples are Assassanation Classroom, Oregairu, Code Geass, Yamada-kun Manga, Your Lie in April and steins;gate.
Some bad examples is the Domestic Girlfriend Manga

May 3, 5:55 AM

An ending that ends the way you want, that ties well with the anime you've been watching so far.

May 3, 6:15 AM

A conclusive ending like in Code Geass, One that either closes or ties open plot points and brings a climax to most themes and characters in the show

An ending that uses all the build up it accumulated in a grand finale, Like in Death Note, Doesn't matter if it's a character or a theme, If you can consistently and effectively build it throughout the whole show, Breaking it or reflecting on how long the journey was can REALLY make for a good ending

I don't speak English that much, So please cut me some slack

May 3, 7:21 AM

A good ending is an ending that makes me satisfied and there are no questions and mysteries in the story anymore.

May 3, 7:30 AM

A good ending is when the story concludes in a way that makes sense and comes naturally. I don't like shows that force their endings to shock the audience or to make the show unforgettable. Open endings are interesting as well because they let the audience interpret the conclusion in their own way and use their imagination.

May 3, 7:35 AM

A good ending is one that is memorable and completely satisfies the story being told. It should tie up any loose ends and unfinished plot lines as well feel deserved and should be consistent for what the story has been trying to convey up until this point.

May 3, 7:39 AM

when the Anime = Puella Magi Madoka Magica

I hate @Jeritorias

May 3, 7:22 PM

If it wraps the story in a really satisfying way and it makes me really miss the characters and such, then I consider it to be a good conclusion

May 3, 7:48 PM
I like when the protagonist dies.
Usually saves the show from unwarranted fluff sequels.

May 3, 8:08 PM

a good plot twist at the end can turn anime into a masterpiece

May 3, 8:21 PM

Good ending = character I like does NOT die + decisive action was taken that I wanted.
Discord: Ecchi#9178
There will be a blog link here eventually.~

And fap material on my profile page.
(When I feel like it.)

May 3, 8:33 PM

Ending that complete the story

Ending that are suitable / acceptable and not nonsense

Be it tragic or happy ending it doesnt matter as long it match the 2 above

May 3, 8:36 PM

A tragic bittersweet ending is the best to me. Fucking hate happy ends.

May 3, 11:10 PM

A "good" ending to me is one that makes me feel like the ending was completed to its fullest capabilities. There's no potential for a sequel and no hidden meanings that are extremely open ended. I don't need some fairy tale(expression, not the show) ending where all the good guys win. I just need an ending that finishes the story for good.

May 4, 12:59 AM
An ending that makes sense. An ending doesn't necessarily have to be a good or a bad ending for it to be satisfying, but it must avoid the typical clusterfuck writers tend to do by the end of their franchises due to lack of ideas.

May 4, 1:45 AM

When chiselled down to the absolute basics, a good Ending is: "every previously established plot thread brought to a close with only previously established information." That's all that needs to be done.

May 4, 2:16 AM
daRLiNg iN ThE FrAnXx

(30 characters needed)

May 4, 2:20 AM

A satisfying ending is good ending for me.

May 4, 3:16 AM

For me it would be that it sticks to what the series was and what was achieve or lost throughout the journy or story, all of this inside of what the series is capable to realisticly do on its own. Also closeing all plot points the series delivered.

May 4, 3:22 AM

For me, a good ending is when a story told what it wanted and the audience feels like it's a proper conclusion. It can't be rushed, the characters can't suddenly act completely different etc. Simply a natural and conclusive ending. Even if it is an open ending, it can feel like that.

So simply just tell what you want in a natural manner and don't let it drag on.

May 4, 3:23 AM

Kengan Ashura's Ending. It concluded the show nicely allthough made a bit redundant in the sequel but still great

May 4, 3:30 AM

A good ending to me is a conclusive and satisfying ending, where our questions are answered and plot threads are tied up in a nice and satisfying way, and if the ending perfectly fits the overall theme and message the show is trying to present.

“I’ll be there tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and the day after that. Even if I can’t promise to be around in four hundred years, I can still spend each and every day I have together with you. Even if we can’t be together for eternity, I can treasure you tomorrow and right now.”

May 4, 3:32 AM

an ending that doesn't leave any questions unanswered, and/or concludes the story nicely.

If the ending of an anime is entirely plausible or comprehensible, doesn't leave any major qualms, and is very satisfactory overall, I'll consider it a good ending. On a side note, a good ending doesn't necessarily equate to a happy ending.

An ending that you like is a good ending, as everyone has different opinions on them

May 4, 3:44 AM

I think that as long as an end concludes the story in a satisfying way (such that doesn't feel forced/rushed or really faked) but still leaves a question or two left for the viewer to answer for himself.
An end that's perfect in my opinion is Hyouka's. The story had some sort of conclusion while also leaving the viewer wanting to see more of the characters. Such endings make me feel satisfied and excited at the same time.

May 4, 5:18 AM
ChibiTalha said:
There are plenty, like Haikyuu's ending, Kokou no hito's ending, and as much as I didn't like the last 50 or so chs of The Promised Neverland, the ending was pretty good.

Well I liked TPN all through until the crap-ish generic ending. I didn't get time to read Haikyuu so really can't say.

May 4, 5:19 AM
5ika said:
If there is no intention to make a sequel then I would like the series to conclude in the ending. Code Geass or Cowboy Bebop for example.

If the anime has a sequel I would like to see some kind of hype scene set up before next season to keep me interested. For example AOT s4

Also happy endings are not automatically bad. Steins;Gate has one of the greatest endings IMO. I just don't like if everything gets resolved way too easily at the end.
You're on point about the conclusive ending. I also prefer those kinds of ending personally.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »