Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2021 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Getting a 1 or 2-pointer raid in Kabaddi is the same as usual, but a 3-pointer? That's uncommon, and team captain Masato is pinpointing weaknesses for improvement through past experience, at least for the seniors Iura, Misumi and Date.

Masato and Yoigoshi's pep talk about "being at the top", it's reinvigoraing spirits. And the best way is to play a practice match with another powerhouse school: Souwa High. The school's ace raider Manabu Sakura is as what he is: a strong player like Yoigoshi. But what Yoigoshi has is momentum: being able to raid-break with a Struggle with a sweep hat kick, touching the Bonus Line, and back to home turf. That's a 3-pointer that'll change the course of the game and sport.

Yoigoshi the Unstoppable, and no one can stop him. Such a quick episode fly-by.
KANLen09Apr 30, 2021 11:50 AM
Apr 30, 2021 11:40 AM
Sep 2015
Rival school's captain and ace are so yummy! Thanks to the flashback I get to see Takaya shirtless back when he was a swimmer.

I've to say the real star is Yoigoshi, I can see why every sports club want to scout him. He's just genius not just at soccer, but at sports in general, and he has high sense of athelete too.

Takaya might be a perfect rival for him. Takaya may seems a little bit higher as he's top swimmer while Yoigoshi is only top 4, but Takaya is from individual sports and Yoigoshi is from team sports. And since Kabaddi is team sports, I think Yoigoshi will have more advantage in the long run.

But I'd sleep with any of them, like very serious, at the same time!
Apr 30, 2021 11:42 AM

Jun 2019
The captain wants to win and go to the nationals. His team hasn't won a single game. It's hard to believe that. We also got to see a new team, the Souwa High School Kabaddi team is really intense and they have got some really great players. It'll be interesting to see the match-up between these two teams.

But, Yoigoshi himself showed how good he can be in the game. That roll kick was amazing. This was the best episode of the show so far. It's definitely going to get better after this. Both of the teams have great potential and Noukin sure isn't backing down. Great episode.
Apr 30, 2021 11:45 AM

Sep 2020
To be honest, if the series had been seriously animated well, this episode would look so damn good. The still shots cannot give me the feel of a thrilled match.

The ending was pretty fine with yoigoshi being the star but it's still a 6/10 ©_©
Apr 30, 2021 12:06 PM

Apr 2018
That triple struggle was one hell of a move. He's improving at a very fast pace.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 30, 2021 12:10 PM
Apr 2020
becoming better as it goes
Apr 30, 2021 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was literally powerful and next episode is gonna blow our mind, because now we are getting the real potential of the Characters....
Apr 30, 2021 12:46 PM
Mar 2021
I am the only one who's noticing the similarities between this and kuroko no basket?
Apr 30, 2021 1:08 PM

Jul 2020
Well this was a more interesting episode and getting better as we understand it more and more.

That kick was pretty sick though
Apr 30, 2021 1:32 PM

Jun 2019
The matches are really hampered by the poor art and animation quality. The new characters are pretty typical for sports anime, so it’s all about how they are executed at this point. Tbh, I’m starting to lose some interest in this anime and I’m hoping that something happens in the next episode to recapture my interest.
Apr 30, 2021 2:14 PM
Apr 2020
I have to say, this episode was better than the best Haikyuu episodes, change my mind.
Even if this is super cliche, it's incredible.
Apr 30, 2021 2:37 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
The start of our first practice match this episode.

It seems the captain of both teams played for Japan's Kabaddi team in the Asia tournament.

Takaya seems a really solid player, especially with his 1.5 minute cant time. However, Yoigoshi's rolling kick stole the spotlight.
Apr 30, 2021 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Looks like this might suffer similar problems with lacking presentation for the games, real shame. I guess it's not unexpected from what we've seen so far, it's pretty rare for Sports shows outside of Jump series to get a high quality adaptation after all. Would have been nice to see Kabaddi with more dynamic and animated presentation.

Anyway, we're finally onto the first match and it seems fun. Fairly classic route in terms of story but as long as they keep the energy going, it should turn out fun.

Apr 30, 2021 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
Yoigoshi faced a team, it was about time, I hope the battles get more exciting.
Apr 30, 2021 7:12 PM

Oct 2009
Hey, I didn't know this series was going to have its own Momo character. With Suzumura Kenichi to voice him, too. And named Ren at that. Episode was hilarious for that alone, and then there's the rest of it - the whole Souwa team, the rivalry, the Takaya Ren FC jfc Momo would've had wet dreams about something like that I'm sure x'D and then the way Yoigoshi scored points at the end. That was just cool.
Apr 30, 2021 7:41 PM
Apr 2017
The animations and art style in this series has been top class. I wasn't expecting them to be this damn good tbh. And the pacing of the show, if I had to use a word, it would be satisfying.
Apr 30, 2021 7:44 PM
Apr 2017
Nofame said:
I have to say, this episode was better than the best Haikyuu episodes, change my mind.
Even if this is super cliche, it's incredible.
Haikyuu is still cream of the crop, best of the best. But holy shit this anime is good. It'll been a hit in the sports shounen genre for sure
Apr 30, 2021 9:48 PM
Apr 2021
this anime is becoming better with every episode but the only thing holding it back is the artsyle and animation imo. some body proportions feel off in some moments and the animation is choppy. but aside from that, amazing episode.
Apr 30, 2021 10:18 PM
Jul 2020
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, the anime is getting fired up. The players are clashing and my heart is also burning. A perfect 10/10.
May 1, 2021 12:19 AM
Jul 2019
Utterly disappointing,this is they are going to show kabbadi? An sports anime should make people think like "man this sport looks so fun" but no kabbadi looks so lame in this anime but maybe it's because I've played the game that's why think like this maybe because I know how exciting and thrilling the real games are..
May 1, 2021 12:38 AM

Jun 2020
I chuckled a bit when Yoigoshi was like come on, push me out. That was so cheeky & fun!!!! I love his cocky yet earnest attitude. Biggest dork of the season, I really like him!! Yuuma voicing him is really the sweet cherry on top. Have to agree tho, I wish there were another way to show kabaddi as a sport, sometimes the exposition dump is just too much & makes it seem boring & slow lol

And Takaya is definitely interesting hahaha

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 1, 2021 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
Flamestriker101 said:
Utterly disappointing,this is they are going to show kabbadi? An sports anime should make people think like "man this sport looks so fun" but no kabbadi looks so lame in this anime but maybe it's because I've played the game that's why think like this maybe because I know how exciting and thrilling the real games are..

i mean it's not as fast paced as the real thing bc they're trying to tell the whole thought process behind every move as it's still in the intrductory stage as of now,i'm sure the movements will improve as it goes on w every episode, we should be grateful they even thought about adapting an Asia-only sport as an anime..besides the characters/story is good enough for me to continue watching
May 1, 2021 2:18 AM

Oct 2016
Good episode! I see Captain Oujou has some connections since he was on an international team. Damn, Takaya really reached top 1 in swimming and was like "I've seen enough, I am satisfied".

Finally we got ourselves a match, a practice match, but its still a match. And there's still some rules we didn't know before that they introduced, that bonus line thing is a pretty cool mechanic. Yoigoshi doing that roll kick and getting three points was so cool damn. But, Takaya is unfazed and he's still deadset on facing Oujou. Honestly wanna see Oujou in an official fight though.
May 1, 2021 2:43 AM
Jul 2019
m3gp said:
Flamestriker101 said:

i mean it's not as fast paced as the real thing bc they're trying to tell the whole thought process behind every move as it's still in the intrductory stage as of now,i'm sure the movements will improve as it goes on w every episode, we should be grateful they even thought about adapting an Asia-only sport as an anime..besides the characters/story is good enough for me to continue watching

There are other sports anime which are much more engagement and have " this sport looks so fun" moment even without explaining all the rules and principles of the game take chihayafuru as an example karuta looks amazing even tho it's so boring in real life dispite the fact that it also doesn't explained all the rules in its first 4-5 episodes.
As for the characters and other aspects everything is mediocre so far
However as a fan of the sport I'll continue watching the show but I don't have any expectation from the show
May 1, 2021 5:09 AM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:
Rival school's captain and ace are so yummy! Thanks to the flashback I get to see Takaya shirtless back when he was a swimmer.

I've to say the real star is Yoigoshi, I can see why every sports club want to scout him. He's just genius not just at soccer, but at sports in general, and he has high sense of athelete too.

Takaya might be a perfect rival for him. Takaya may seems a little bit higher as he's top swimmer while Yoigoshi is only top 4, but Takaya is from individual sports and Yoigoshi is from team sports. And since Kabaddi is team sports, I think Yoigoshi will have more advantage in the long run.

But I'd sleep with any of them, like very serious, at the same time!

That comment earned you a follow my friend
Stay cool : )     
May 1, 2021 7:28 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! they're holding-up against Souwa High huh...nice! and their big guns ojou still on back-up reserve huh...
5/5.

May 1, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2017
Pre_Yum said:
The captain wants to win and go to the nationals. His team hasn't won a single game. It's hard to believe that. We also got to see a new team, the Souwa High School Kabaddi team is really intense and they have got some really great players. It'll be interesting to see the match-up between these two teams.

But, Yoigoshi himself showed how good he can be in the game. That roll kick was amazing. This was the best episode of the show so far. It's definitely going to get better after this. Both of the teams have great potential and Noukin sure isn't backing down. Great episode.

you're here too see you are everywhere sasuke person

nice episode by the way i wasn't expecting anything from this anime but it's kinda fun
no remorse holds no recourse
now i'm leaving slowly
oh won't you hold me?
May 1, 2021 2:25 PM
Mar 2021
I like how we are finally seeing some gameplay. The other teams' ace and captain are very interesting though.
May 1, 2021 3:21 PM

Nov 2013
Woah i thought they were gonna get crushed but they scored 3 points right away?? Damn but also i think the tables gonna turn really quick next episode and they'll lose many points so that the captain will actually have to come forth and play too
May 1, 2021 9:45 PM

Dec 2020
a joint practice match ! i was waiting for this lol. rival school seems pretty nice, the swimmer guy is definitely gonna be a fun rival too. i also liked how the soccer coach was there to give little reminders to us abt kabaddi rules. yoigoshi's turn kick move was also really cool, its great to see him improving
May 2, 2021 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
Yay finally some kinda serious match-up! I see why everyone is trynna recruit Yoigoshi onto their sports teams! He isn't just a soccer genius, he's a sports genius overall! Captain Ojo is teaching our ace raider well! This episode just flew by! I'm really pumped up for more lol

May 3, 2021 1:21 AM
Mar 2020
Kqrma said:
this anime is becoming better with every episode but the only thing holding it back is the artsyle and animation imo. some body proportions feel off in some moments and the animation is choppy. but aside from that, amazing episode.

I agree.
Guess you can say that this show is quite underappreciated

I am actually excited to see the show's progress
May 5, 2021 8:07 AM

Sep 2019
Ren, Where's your Stag Beetle?
May 5, 2021 8:57 AM
Feb 2017
Why are the characters made to act so creepy and edgy?? I'm enjoying the matches but the characters are really starting to get annoying.
May 5, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2020
The plot is good, the music is fitting, characters are entertaining - the show is going good.... and then they start showing a powerpoint presentation for the matches. The studio doing a really good job at hijacking the show. Hope they actually show some movement in the next episode rather than colouring the manga panels.
May 9, 2021 6:17 AM
Jul 2019
Why they're not following the proper rules? You can't go to the raid until the opponent players who just got revived enter their court properly, it's only allowed if your opponent's raid was empty
May 16, 2021 7:23 AM

Dec 2016
Takaya has an annoying personality but he's going to be a perfect rival for Yoigoshi.

Ghoul mode on

By the way, why are Date's eyes like this in every episode? Why doesn't he have pupils?
Jun 15, 2021 7:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah finally a match against another school, and so far they're doing great to be honest
Jun 18, 2021 5:18 AM

Jun 2016
Neat, Yoigoshi learnt a new attack manoeuvre, but showing it off early means that he might not be able to use it again in this match. Souwa definitely are a strong team, mostly due to the arrogance and skill of Takaya. A new rival has appeared, lol.

Aug 6, 2021 10:48 AM

Jul 2015
Yoigoshi's first real match and he already pulled off a crazy move there by scoring three points.

Sep 9, 2022 2:49 AM
Sep 2021
It was a nice episode, the practice match against souwa is just getting started both the ace of both their teams, are starting their game. It is now really becoming interesting.

I give this episode 8/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 7, 2021

39 by S_animesh_ss »»
Jan 6, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2021

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:04 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 21, 2021

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:42 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2021

41 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 9, 2021

80 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.