Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 30, 2021 4:04 PM

Oct 2019
So Ariel (the Demon Lord) and Kumoko are not the same person after all, as the new OP also showed, despite multiple suggestions earlier that they were. So all the suggestions were red herrings.. What I don't get is this : since Ariel is apparently one of the 25 students that were reincarnated how on Earth was she so hyper-OP 14 - 15 years ago and, er, not a baby either? Does this mean that Ariel is the admin D who co-created this world? D is the only student who was not reincarnated, so unless Ariel grew hyper-duper-exponentially in less than a year she can only be D (unless she is not a student, but if she isn't how does she know the new Hero Shlain from his previous life?).

The reason Ariel attacked Kumoko is apparently because she sees her as a future threat to her, since they are both the same species (Taratects). Where Kumoko is now Ariel once was (somehow). I thought Kumoko was OP but then I saw the stats of Ariel... Ariel either sees Kumoko as a threat or wants to test her - or just wants to be entertained if she is D. Since Kumoko is not Ariel she must presently be the beautiful "white woman" with the spidey eyes who killed the previous Hero. I think this was the humanoid form of the Queen Taratect that annihilated some other castle (this was only mentioned).

Which would mean that if Kumoko is currently an ally of Ariel she must be her second in command - and apparently the second most powerful being of this world. Either that or Oka-chan is not lying and Hiiro Wakaba (who almost certainly is Kumoko) is currently dead, though I strongly doubt that. That would mean that the lead of the show is dead in the present time, which would be unheard of. All in all a very exciting episode, with a ton of new information! I think the most predictable part of the episode is the revelation that a "Humanification" skill exists in this world/system.
Apr 30, 2021 5:05 PM

Mar 2010
oh shit... immortal is great in all.. until your forever trapped in a cell lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 30, 2021 5:09 PM
Oct 2020
Sharpedon said:
So Ariel (the Demon Lord) and Kumoko are not the same person after all, as the new OP also showed, despite multiple suggestions earlier that they were. So all the suggestions were red herrings.. What I don't get is this : since Ariel is apparently one of the 25 students that were reincarnated how on Earth was she so hyper-OP 14 - 15 years ago and, er, not a baby either? Does this mean that Ariel is the admin D who co-created this world? D is the only student who was not reincarnated, so unless Ariel grew hyper-duper-exponentially in less than a year she can only be D (unless she is not a student, but if she isn't how does she know the new Hero Shlain from his previous life?).

The reason Ariel attacked Kumoko is apparently because she sees her as a future threat to her, since they are both the same species (Taratects). Where Kumoko is now Ariel once was (somehow). I thought Kumoko was OP but then I saw the stats of Ariel... Ariel either sees Kumoko as a threat or wants to test her - or just wants to be entertained if she is D. Since Kumoko is not Ariel she must presently be the beautiful "white woman" with the spidey eyes who killed the previous Hero. I think this was the humanoid form of the Queen Taratect that annihilated some other castle (this was only mentioned).

Which would mean that if Kumoko is currently an ally of Ariel she must be her second in command - and apparently the second most powerful being of this world. Either that or Oka-chan is not lying and Hiiro Wakaba (who almost certainly is Kumoko) is currently dead, though I strongly doubt that. That would mean that the lead of the show is dead in the present time, which would be unheard of. All in all a very exciting episode, with a ton of new information! I think the most predictable part of the episode is the revelation that a "Humanification" skill exists in this world/system.

Ariel is not reincarnator.
She does not have skill n%i=W.

Her species is origin taratect, means she is the progenitor of taratect.
Apr 30, 2021 6:03 PM
Dec 2017
Sharpedon said:

You got it wrong, to be a reincarnated person you need to have the skills "n%i=W".

Also, you're over complicating. The reason why Arie came after Kumoko is much simple and is related to her Kin Control Skill.
Apr 30, 2021 6:06 PM
Apr 2020
Evolution complete! Wow! Kumoko is now an immortal champion. Since Fei became humanoid, there's a huge possibility that Kumoko can be humanoid as well, just like Demon Lord Ariel who's OP af. It's funny that Kumoko's head is flying, lmao, but since she's now an immortal I guess she's still ok. lmao. Kumoko vs Ariel will be epic.

Apr 30, 2021 6:06 PM

Apr 2017
I wish they can spend more effort drawing the human side because in some frames they look like absolute turd. The close up zoom in they look absolutely stunning but when they are moving and stuff they look kinda garbage sometimes.

Also not fond of 3D Ariel. She looked amazing being drawn in 2D from earlier episodes. 3D makes her look like she's from some old Naruto game at best.
Apr 30, 2021 6:45 PM
Sep 2016
madelajn3 said:
Everything's starting to slowly make sense now but it's still unnecessarily complicated, i wonder if the demon lord is the vampire baby she saved but that couldn't be true cause not much time passed right? Idk anymore

The baby bloodsucker is Sophia Keren (Negishi Shouko), she is an entirely different character to Ariel. And nop, it hasnt been mich time since Kumo saw the baby.
Apr 30, 2021 6:50 PM

Apr 2015
Human form Fei is pretty damn cute, not gonna lie. She and Katja makes the human side a bit more bearable.

HYPE! Ariel vs Kumoko next week, that's gonna be good I hope. Noticed that the scene with Ariel in it, was in 3DCGI. So hoping for a full 3D fight, cause what the human side showed us in ep 14, I don't want this fight to be ruined by atrocious animation.
Apr 30, 2021 7:12 PM

Nov 2017
Fei in human form,AND THEN,in a swimsuit to boot!!!!! - In a word,CUTE!!!

And damn,the demon lord turns up,and Kumo gets diced,and she did it while Kumo was in relaxation mode too,evil bitch!
Apr 30, 2021 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, we got some more story explanations.
Since Fei managed to get humanification, i really hope we can see it soon on Kumoko!

Also, can't believe i was so wrong about that DL, i really thought she was powerless when compared to Kumoko, i was so wrong lmao, but it's not like she will be able to kill her xD Also can't believe that she indeed is immortal now, that's so broken.

I really can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 30, 2021 8:01 PM
Nov 2020
i think the sensei wants to claim wakaba might be dead because she doesn't want her students to find out she became the demon lord.
Apr 30, 2021 8:21 PM

Jan 2020
The whole water setting had a really nice feel to it and worked well with that final scene

Apr 30, 2021 8:53 PM
Dec 2017
Gonna love how the anime decided to skip the last possible fanservice scene that the anime could reach.

In a nutshell in this episode we should have seen:
- Jealous Katia (Yes, she thirsty for Shun's D)
- Katia pressing her boobs in Shun's back
- The swimsuits should have been damaged for the breaths shock wave

It was also funny Oka doesn't giving a shit for her damaged swimsuit and enjoying seeing the whole Shun disaster (the points above). She fucking loves tropes so it was like christmas to her.

btw the other skipped fanservice scene was a conversation between Katia and Yuri in the changing room of the academy. It wasn't really all that fanservicy 'cuz it was mostly focused on what Yuri thinks of Katia's situation and that she still see her a Kanata-kun (i.e. a boy) so she doesn't feel ok changing in front of her.
Apr 30, 2021 9:19 PM
Apr 2021
what is the demon king doing near the labyrinth.
What volume is adapted in the anime?
Apr 30, 2021 9:20 PM
Apr 2021
Apr 30, 2021 9:49 PM
Dec 2017
Narutohabieru said:

Ariel wasn't near the labyrinth.

Remember how Magic #1 thought that it was weird how Mother wasn't doing anything. Well, she was waiting for the Puppets to arrive to the Labyrinth.
The Puppets aren't Mother's soldiers but Ariel's. Ariel only decided to go after Kumoko after the last ambush failed.

btw the anime is currently adapting volume 4 of the LN, but I highly recomend you to start from Volume 1. The anime has been skipping some important scenes (3 big battle, 1 encounter with Mother and several other little details) and the human chapters in the novel are way better because it actually develops the side characters (and because the anime skips a fuck ton of material).
Like, in the LN we discover fairly early that the reason why Fei bullied Wakaba and the reason why Hugo is so obsessed with being the strongest.
Apr 30, 2021 10:55 PM
Nov 2020
linkhuesitos said:
Narutohabieru said:

Ariel wasn't near the labyrinth.

Remember how Magic #1 thought that it was weird how Mother wasn't doing anything. Well, she was waiting for the Puppets to arrive to the Labyrinth.
The Puppets aren't Mother's soldiers but Ariel's. Ariel only decided to go after Kumoko after the last ambush failed.

btw the anime is currently adapting volume 4 of the LN, but I highly recomend you to start from Volume 1. The anime has been skipping some important scenes (3 big battle, 1 encounter with Mother and several other little details) and the human chapters in the novel are way better because it actually develops the side characters (and because the anime skips a fuck ton of material).
Like, in the LN we discover fairly early that the reason why Fei bullied Wakaba and the reason why Hugo is so obsessed with being the strongest.
i thought hugo did that because he was just on a massive power trip. If i had to abilty to get overpowered just from killing some monsters i would tolallty abuse it.
Apr 30, 2021 10:56 PM
Nov 2020
linkhuesitos said:
Gonna love how the anime decided to skip the last possible fanservice scene that the anime could reach.

In a nutshell in this episode we should have seen:
- Jealous Katia (Yes, she thirsty for Shun's D)
- Katia pressing her boobs in Shun's back
- The swimsuits should have been damaged for the breaths shock wave

It was also funny Oka doesn't giving a shit for her damaged swimsuit and enjoying seeing the whole Shun disaster (the points above). She fucking loves tropes so it was like christmas to her.

btw the other skipped fanservice scene was a conversation between Katia and Yuri in the changing room of the academy. It wasn't really all that fanservicy 'cuz it was mostly focused on what Yuri thinks of Katia's situation and that she still see her a Kanata-kun (i.e. a boy) so she doesn't feel ok changing in front of her.
Katia used to be a guy lol
Apr 30, 2021 11:51 PM

Oct 2008
such chill episode...then all of a sudden..a friggin' cliffhanger!
that escalated to the highest level Demon Lord Ariel already!?!?
5/5.
matias067May 1, 2021 12:02 AM

May 1, 2021 12:06 AM
Oct 2020
This episode felt a bit lackluster compared to some of the (few) good ones. I've got from preferring the human side to not really liking either. The spider got less annoying for like 2 or 3 episodes then started to piss me off again.
May 1, 2021 12:09 AM
Nov 2017
idk if its just me but the only character i give a single shit about is kumoko. I think shes a fun charcater, though tbh shes kind of annoying. I dont think ive ever cared less about supporting characters lmao
May 1, 2021 1:24 AM
Apr 2015
cynoh said:
idk if its just me but the only character i give a single shit about is kumoko. I think shes a fun charcater, though tbh shes kind of annoying. I dont think ive ever cared less about supporting characters lmao

That's a common-sense lol
May 1, 2021 1:31 AM

Jan 2014
Fishing Spider simulator was fun lol. Gave me vibes of Big ol' Bass when you could catch monster like fish at the end stage. As for the ep itself I'm highly interested to see where it goes next
May 1, 2021 2:27 AM

Oct 2017
Kumoko finally knows that her classmates also reincarnated and woa so the admin was also one of her classmates.

Fei finally turned into a human and dang she's cute. Also Fei x Schlain ship? Noice.

Finally Ariel vs Kumoko fight, let's go.
May 1, 2021 2:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Phew. What a paragraph. Please ignore this. This is really unimportant to read.

Damn. Honestly, a lot of shit happened through this episode. I almost not catching up anything in these single one episode. Even i got to see the classic beach sceneries for both side in these kind of series. Lol. Good shit with Kumoko instead of having fun in the beach sand, or swim, the spider just fishing the water dragon without giving any shit.

Kumoko got a cute spider appearance again with Zana Horowa design. Kek at the skill and the additional title, really an entertaining way of evolution. But, hell, man, that was surely a hype when they finally cleared out the previous misunderstanding. Kumoko is truly a different entity with Ariel, the Origin Taratect level 139, titled the Demon Lord. Was this Ariel the one that get mentioned by D, or different shit? Its may different. If different, and Ariel was one of them, then, man, whoever Ariel before, she really skillful than Kumoko for sure. I hope they can keep up to revealed more story!

About the D story. That was surely a nice gift. The demon lord-hero history kinda intriguing. The story can be repeated, and perhaps Ariel with that information may intentionally used it to be cooperated, and not just killing each other like previously. Thats why Julius killed first and let Shun got the title. But, since it sounds ridiculous, i take it back that shit and let the story flow again til it revealed. Or, Ariel just simply more entertainment by battling the former friend? Again. I dunno anything. But, its not hurt having a little nonsense, right?

Anyway, as expected, i am obviously loved the Fei humanification. The long awaited scene acquired, even though the battle with the water dragon really lame. But, yeah, that's it the form of her humanity. The rest in the left is Kumoko. So, yeah, can't wait for the shit to happen too. It will be a long hella journey before that.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 1, 2021 4:45 AM

Jan 2021
I'm kind of annoyed that they don't explain why the immortality is such a big deal and no one managed to get there before, especially since it was basically pure luck for Kumoko.

Finally Ariel shows up to protect her children and boy oh boy is she going to get frustrated soon.
May 1, 2021 4:53 AM

Jun 2016
god damned !! the cliffhanger so triggering me af !!!

ariell in 3D animation is kinda cool and smooth !!!

May 1, 2021 4:56 AM
Sep 2016
Huh? The anime adapts from the LN, right? So there're already some minor changes happened from the WN version I found here:
1. The reason the water dragon attacks Shun's party. I guess in the LN version the dragon just instinctively attacks them? I like the WN version better btw. In the WN the dragon doesn't even bats an eye on Shun's party at first, but then Shun uses appraisal on it, which in turn angers it, hence the attack.
2. Shiraori/Kumoko vs Ariel. According to the anime, and by extension the LN, Shiraori/Kumoko first met Ariel during her fishing trip. In the WN though, she was ambushed just outside of Sophia's town. After saving Sophia and her parents (the town's lord), Shiraori/Kumoko is regarded and revered to as a divine beast by the residents.So she builts a nest there. While goofing around in her nest, her guards was down, and Ariel ambushed her.

uncleqrowMay 1, 2021 5:04 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 1, 2021 6:28 AM

Oct 2016
Fuck, that episode went by so fast, great episode! Good to see D again and since she was on a good mood, she explained some shit. One notable thing she mentioned is that the students reincarnated into someone that suited their soul the most. So, I guess with that note, Kanata reincarnated into Katia because he had the soul of a woman to begin with I guess. I n t e r e s t i n g. I wonder why Kumoko turned into a spider though, what kind of person was she to turn into a spider? Well, we'll know later on.

Human form Fei looks cute as hell, glad the human side looked alright visually. Ariel's 3D model looks so fucking good, if she's called the origin taratect, that means she's g r a n d m a ! Boy, good thing Kumoko's eternal now, even Ariel's destroy-spider button ain't gonna work. Really looking forward to the next episode!

Ariels stats are fucking insane though. Her atk, defense, magical abilities are like more than 10x Kumoko's stats, Jesus.
May 1, 2021 7:31 AM
Mar 2020
The Kumoko parts - 5 stars!
The human parts - 2 stars
May 1, 2021 10:14 AM
Oct 2016
Kinda wished they just cgi'd the humans all that time, the demon lord looked great at the end!
May 1, 2021 11:41 AM
Dec 2017
Crossraider said:
i thought hugo did that because he was just on a massive power trip. If i had to abilty to get overpowered just from killing some monsters i would tolallty abuse it.

Hugo's explanation

Living in a girls body for 16 years can change a person.... Also, Katia's male personality died in episode 14. Shun revived Katia but not without Side effects,
linkhuesitosMay 1, 2021 11:46 AM
May 1, 2021 1:31 PM

Apr 2018
Welp we finally found out what happened to the classmates.
May 1, 2021 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
Administrator D has spider self-destruct button. That made me laugh. lol

disturb Kumo while fishing, water dragon get stabbed in the neck.

got bored at the human parts..

looking forward to more Kumoko action next week! :)
May 1, 2021 5:01 PM

Nov 2012
Odd that the gore at the end of this episode was censored.

To all the people that seem to be confused by this series: Just read the light novels.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
May 1, 2021 6:06 PM

Sep 2010
linkhuesitos said:
Living in a girls body for 16 years can change a person....

I don't think this has anything to do with the time spent as a girl. D said that all students were reincarnated in a form which is the closest to their soul's one : meaning that Katia's former self, Ooshima Kanata, was already identifying herself as a girl.
And this makes even more sense when Katia insists that she could go with the two other girls to find Fei's new outfit, since she's not a boy to begin with.
May 1, 2021 6:49 PM

Jun 2012
linkhuesitos said:
Crossraider said:

Hugo's explanation

Living in a girls body for 16 years can change a person.... Also, Katia's male personality died in episode 14. Shun revived Katia but not without Side effects,

I suuppose they can stiill expand on these background info.

My oonly grip was Ariel being in CGI out of the blue and the censoring they added to Kumoko severed body by Ariel... unecessary to say the least
May 1, 2021 8:16 PM
Dec 2017
-Angy- said:
I don't think this has anything to do with the time spent as a girl. D said that all students were reincarnated in a form which is the closest to their soul's one : meaning that Katia's former self, Ooshima Kanata, was already identifying herself as a girl.
And this makes even more sense when Katia insists that she could go with the two other girls to find Fei's new outfit, since she's not a boy to begin with.

The problem is that most of the information about Katia's case was skipped by the anime... Along with a fuck ton of useful information from Shun story. Like, we know that Fei bullied Wakaba Hiro but we don't know why. The reason is literally said during Shun and Fei first meeting.

Anyway this is Katia's suicide from episode 14 told from Katia's POV

Note: This is no way all the information of Katia but I won't copy all the chapters from her POV

This phenomenon doesn't have an official name but I like to call it "Soul Adaptattion", whenever your soul ends in a body that's different from the original one the soul will try to adapt to its new body.
This happened to all the irregular reincarnations (Fei, Katia, Kumoko, Sophia and one more that hasn't being introduced).
Fei was the classic popular girl who's life was made entirely by fashion, friends and boys; but after some time after the reincarnation Shun asked Fei if she didn't had any problem with seeing him changing clothes. Fei answered saying that after some time she just stopped feeling any kind of attraction towards human bodies and some time later she started to became obsessed with becoming stronger and evolving into a true dragon.

The same happened with Kumoko, in the novel after some time it start to be obvious how she's slowly losing her humanity. In the novel during the carriage attack by bandits Kumoko even contemplated the idea of just killing both the bandits and bodyguards (people inside the carriage included) to gain double EXP.
linkhuesitosMay 1, 2021 8:50 PM
May 1, 2021 10:09 PM
Dec 2017
Snaita said:
My oonly grip was Ariel being in CGI out of the blue and the censoring they added to Kumoko severed body by Ariel... unecessary to say the least

I mean, CG looks at its worst when is combined with 2D in the same scene, just look at Shun's fight against the Earth Wyvern. I think this was the most logical decision.
Also, after seeing Episode 14 I have no faith on the 2D team, at lest we know that the 3D is capable of doing a decent job when they want it.
May 1, 2021 10:13 PM
Aug 2017
boy do i totally not care about the generic human hero at all in the slightest.. and now the lil romance subplot with fei and the swimsuit fanservice,, i could do without the human side frankly
May 2, 2021 12:48 PM
Dec 2017
YeahImGone said:
now the lil romance subplot with fei

WTF!
There're only 2 characters that have romantic feeling towards Shun and those are Katia and Sue.
In one of the skipped episodes one of the first things Fei told Shun was that he's not her type and it was later reinforced when Fei told Katia that after some time of being a Dragon she stopped feeling anything towards humans.

Volume 2 - Interlude: The Duke's Daughter and The Earth Wyrm

and the swimsuit fanservice

Technically speaking that scene wasn't all the fanservicy that it could be, in the original scene the girls are blushed not because Shun is hugging Fei but because the Breaths Shock Wave damaged the swimsuits of everyone (males included).

May 2, 2021 9:28 PM

Nov 2009
Instead of all these Immortality business and Human Dragon.

I am more interested in where I can get a blow up doll of Kumo when she was sing her Immortal song. LOL

Also, CHAM-PEEN... I think Kumo's ego's literally through the roof, at least 4 parallel minds high.

And... hmm... so the Demon Lord wasn't Kumo, but was a Demon Lord since 15 years ago... huh...
amlgMay 2, 2021 9:51 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 3, 2021 2:27 AM
Mar 2012
Surprise beach episode on both sides.
Big infodump from admin D was nice. The compatibility also confirms Katia's previous life. And that phone can communicate between this world to Japan.
MC already 'died' many times, so totally fine after perseverence, to get immortality. Bit odd skill for a game style world tho.
Ariel demonlord origin taratect a surprise. There's bad cg monsters, then there's worse cg humans, but there not much choice since the studio's 2d animation is a lottery.
May 3, 2021 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
(I'm a WN reader)
Damn damn damn DAMN!
I swear smile on the phone belongs to Baba Okina-sensei-sama.
(Dangerous Spoiler - ONLY for those who read much further in the series. Multi-layer protection added.)

With the discussion between D and Kumoko finished, everyone should be aware that being the hero doesn't make you the best or always right.
Shun: "It reminds me that we really did die."
Me: So you knew the whole time? You put no effort in since rebirth and you still aren't putting much effort in even after receiving the Hero title. <insert rage-face smiley>

Grandmother, Demon Lord Ariel has APPEARED!
With one theory shattered, another will come to light!
May 3, 2021 2:20 PM

Oct 2015
A lot of people are sleeping on this anime and they are really missing out. Brill episode. Really liking the development. Coming from the studio who notoriously did the recent berserk anime they have really stepped up there game.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

May 3, 2021 4:42 PM
Dec 2017
kyled00m said:
(I'm a WN reader)
Damn damn damn DAMN!
I swear smile on the phone belongs to Baba Okina-sensei-sama.
(Dangerous Spoiler - ONLY for those who read much further in the series. Multi-layer protection added.)

With the discussion between D and Kumoko finished, everyone should be aware that being the hero doesn't make you the best or always right.
Shun: "It reminds me that we really did die."
Me: So you knew the whole time? You put no effort in since rebirth and you still aren't putting much effort in even after receiving the Hero title. <insert rage-face smiley>

Grandmother, Demon Lord Ariel has APPEARED!
With one theory shattered, another will come to light!

tbf most anime onlies aren't used to think on this level when watching an anime.
May 3, 2021 8:31 PM

Feb 2012
It's a dang shame a better studio didn't pick this up because if it had even a decent quality adaptation people wouldn't sleep on the series so much. Its so good, and I don't really mind the CG honestly. At this point they should have just done the entire thing with high quality CG so the 2D bits didn't look so awful at times.

Those human bits tho. . . 16 episodes in and I still don't give a damn lol At this point I'm only excited to see their paths cross so they can see Kumoko kick ass.
May 3, 2021 11:30 PM
Jan 2017
Bfun2468 said:
Will kumoko be able to defeat her?
Will the demon lord be able to do damage on kumoko?
What's Kumoko's human form gonna be like???
What is mother going to dooo?????
Can't wait for the next episode already!!!

And one question I really want an answer on:
Why is the demon lord made with CGI??

Thanks to this anime every time I see mother I read it as "MAR_ZA" in my mind
May 3, 2021 11:38 PM
Jan 2017
-Angy- said:
linkhuesitos said:
Living in a girls body for 16 years can change a person....

Nope, it is a lie.
May 4, 2021 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
uncleqrow said:
Huh? The anime adapts from the LN, right? So there're already some minor changes happened from the WN version I found here:
1. The reason the water dragon attacks Shun's party. I guess in the LN version the dragon just instinctively attacks them? I like the WN version better btw. In the WN the dragon doesn't even bats an eye on Shun's party at first, but then Shun uses appraisal on it, which in turn angers it, hence the attack.
2. Shiraori/Kumoko vs Ariel. According to the anime, and by extension the LN, Shiraori/Kumoko first met Ariel during her fishing trip. In the WN though, she was ambushed just outside of Sophia's town. After saving Sophia and her parents (the town's lord), Shiraori/Kumoko is regarded and revered to as a divine beast by the residents.So she builts a nest there. While goofing around in her nest, her guards was down, and Ariel ambushed her.

The anime adapts the novel, but it re-ordered some events in the anime.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

365 by perfumegenius »»
Apr 15, 10:50 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.