Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2021 11:27 PM

Jan 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Mei has discovered something about the Ashihara Cascade, although I didn't understand nothing, but Hey! Congratulations! xd
We already knew that Manda and Anguirus were not going to let themselves be hunted so easily
Gintoki did everything he could, but this time Anguirus is really dead?

About the archetypes.... Is that where the Kaijuus come from and that's why they say it could be the beginning of a nightmare? Or am I completely wrong? 😂
Apr 29, 2021 12:02 AM
Jul 2016
How is 6th ep out?? It's the 5 th ep , mal shud fix this error.
Apr 29, 2021 1:49 AM
Feb 2021
GagzxAizen said:
How is 6th ep out?? It's the 5 th ep , mal shud fix this error.

No, episode 6 is actually out on Japanese Netflix. So it’s always airing on Netflix one week before airing on TV.
Apr 29, 2021 6:18 AM

Mar 2008
The poetry references!!! Two of my all-time favorites. You love to see it.

Another incredible episode. God, this show is such a good slow burn.
Apr 29, 2021 7:16 AM

Jan 2009
Slow, cliché and lost in all directions. Awesomely boring anime, I am on the verge of giving up following it...it is a real struggle to just keep awake trying to go through every episode...each of them actually getting nowhere, and even with continuity errors. I also noticed the art is decaying a bit...really weak anime.
VoidHawkApr 29, 2021 7:19 AM
Apr 29, 2021 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
What do you mean by continuity errors? You mean within the show itself or with the Godzilla canon? Because this anime have nothing to do with any of the Godzilla periods... this is its own thing.
Apr 29, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2017
The Radon invasion just keeps getting worse...and red dust is rampant.

Trying to trace the Archetype history to this Dr. Ashihara and his Ashihara Waterfall theory, Mei is making good progress with his research notes of science, maths and poetry abound.

Jet Jaguar vs. Anguirus, and spiralling out of control when weaponry is concerned. The cost of killing these monsters will bring grave consequences, and that's the case with the flock of Manda spewing out red dust around and Anguirus just down due to suffocation.

Yun made it, but at what cost to closely sacrifice his life to kill off Anguirus? The science slowly adds up.
Apr 29, 2021 4:55 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah just noticed #6 got subs too, awesome 2 episodes and to latest.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 29, 2021 5:13 PM

Mar 2008
Gaichi said:
Yeah just noticed #6 got subs too, awesome 2 episodes and to latest.

The only subs that are out are the machine translated and watermarked ones full of errors and made-up dialogue. Just wait for MoyaiSubs to release theirs.
Apr 30, 2021 2:24 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, the two mc finally got the portion to shined again after a heavy big brain moment previously, by using all of their knowledge, and full of armor, against their own problems. Not like this can be avoided by a certain exposition, tho xd.

Mei, as expected, and can't be blame, facing against the ancient riddle addition with a weird kind of poem that somehow emerged to the surface. Was the note come from the previous music too? Its even related to the jellyfish too. Hmm very interesting twist. The article titled the chemical reaction in the hyperspace. 69. Yin and yang. Hell and heaven. Whatever. Twisting the symmetry of space-time, shaping through that recycle object example, instantly tripped me. Thats a resolve of Archetype origin founded by Mei, i think. Congratulations.

Meanwhile, thats the big guy from the previous scene to spreading the red tides to even more. Okay its not about Manda only. Then, back to the Jet Jaguar and Anguirus. Man, the monster really tough and mad at the same time, blasted the old man to finally shut him down. But nevermind shit. Cause Yun will ofc finished the job without anymore sweating. End of the episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 30, 2021 7:21 AM

Jul 2011
frozenpandaman said:

The only subs that are out are the machine translated and watermarked ones full of errors and made-up dialogue. Just wait for MoyaiSubs to release theirs.

So far biggest flaw with word "magazine" were "magzine" instead, but I can understand that much atleast what it is.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 30, 2021 8:41 AM

Feb 2019
VoidHawk said:
Slow, cliché and lost in all directions. Awesomely boring anime, I am on the verge of giving up following it...it is a real struggle to just keep awake trying to go through every episode...each of them actually getting nowhere, and even with continuity errors. I also noticed the art is decaying a bit...really weak anime.

Just stick to AoT. This not for you
Apr 30, 2021 8:44 AM

Feb 2019
Another pretty good episode. The drama is starting to intensify with the JSDF having to get involved, but it’s gonna take more than some little canons to take out kaiju. MeI is getting closer to solving the riddle and learning about the archetypes too. 6 eps in, still no Gojira lmao
Apr 30, 2021 2:07 PM

May 2018
not liking this ep................................
Apr 30, 2021 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
What a tense episode, my God, this show is getting more and more fun.
May 2, 2021 8:42 AM
Jul 2020
Fuiyo, what a slow burn. But love the artistic style and world setting for this anime. TBH, only understand half of it.

Enjoying level of realism in terms of human technology vs monster. How a hero with slipper with a realistic looking machine with AI barely defeated a infant kaiju.
May 5, 2021 10:01 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Mei is starting to understand the Archetype more and more thanks to the help of that poetry lady. So, the archetype doesn't just rewind time, it bends time and space itself and pretty much does not give a shit about the laws of physics. So that kaiju's name in that underground facility is Salunga huh, I did some quick search and I think that's a new kaiju introduced in this show.

Jet Jaguar vs Anguirus was pretty good, Ootaki wasn't able to finish it off but Yun was eventually able to. I forgot at first that the harpoon gun had gunpowder so it shocked me when it exploded lmao. Things are starting to connect, how are archetype and kaijus and the red sand connected. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 6, 2021 2:15 AM

Jun 2019
Not better than the previous episode but a decent one for sure. Lots of Radon have been flying above the city and looks like some more kaiju are on the run. Maybe scared of something. Also, the ground kaiju was pretty strong but got killed finally at the end.
May 6, 2021 4:30 AM
Sep 2015
I'm very grateful that this anime is able to maintain zero on screen death so far. Though I've to prepare myself when the worst comes. They're all lovely characters. And to be honest, even kaijus are lovely too. I'm wondering if is there really a deathless Godzilla story out there, this might be the first!

Also, that three degrees of separation though, where someone is connecting to someone within 3 relationships or less, no matter how far awar or how unrelated they are. Is it a trademark of this type of media?
May 7, 2021 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
Good some theories and fights. Every creatures are really menace for human.
I'm liking mysteries reveal more and more. At least this episode focused on Mei's discovery.
May 7, 2021 2:10 AM

Mar 2019
I'm finding it harder to sit through this with each passing week. The monster battles (what little we've seen of them) have been enjoyable. However, the mystery story line surrounding Archetype has ranged from atrocious to boring.
May 7, 2021 6:56 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
where is Gamera when you need him?

also is no one gonna die in this show? i mean, the most terrifying part about kaiju is being trampled or burned to death
May 8, 2021 3:49 AM

Oct 2017
Mei solved the archetype and yeah it makes sense. Also Yun was cool but he took some blow, hope he's fine.
May 8, 2021 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
damn mei's so smart it's fascinating to watch her work and break all those impossible scientific mysteries also i didn't think it's gonna be so tough for them to kill this kaiju
May 9, 2021 1:58 PM

Feb 2012
Radon (or Rodan?) in New York. The military are confused as if the source of the Kaiju attacking Japan were in the Pacific, they'd reach the west coast of North America, not the east coast. So there's either a portal or there are two sources of kaiju.

Really enjoyed the Jet Jaguar vs Anguirus fight.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 10, 2021 7:34 PM

Jan 2009
so Archtype warps or bends symmetry or the laws of physics in general plus the Kaijus are using it to control their evolution speed

is Anguirus really dead though
May 13, 2021 12:17 AM
Jan 2017
where the hell are the other episodes its been 2 weeks already
May 13, 2021 12:19 AM

Jan 2009
roger5070mm said:

welcome back to Fansubs era in the early 2000s decade courtesy of Netflix Jail
May 13, 2021 10:12 AM

Dec 2016
The fight with Anguirus was amazing.

I hope Yun is alright...

When its eyes started moving behind that politician was creepy XD

That old lady's eyes have been pissing me off the past few episodes. What's up with her eyes, won't be shocked if she transforms into one of those creatures.
May 18, 2021 2:35 PM

Nov 2009
RIP Anguirus

Turns out it's actually a "friendly Kaiju" that was just curious like a cat being thrown into a new house that wants to jump around everywhere and explore. And the same as if the cat was attacked, it would also fight back.

I kinda hoped they would had somehow tamed Anguirus, o well...

___ ___ ___

And the second half with the serpents,

We also got a look at a water Godzilla-like Kaiju. TBH, felt like a giant Goldfish with spiky back fins, LUL, that's peeing red water as it swims.

___ ___ ___

deg said:
roger5070mm said:

Actually it used to just take around 1 week or so (sometimes less) if it was actually back in Fansub era where there were tons of dedicated Fansub groups. Most times we even had 2 or 3 groups doing same series, so much that after a while, groups had to come together and talk with each other on which "projects" they're doing, cause there wasn't a real need for groups to do same series unless one of the group had bad subs when another group would come forward and do a better job.

Which after Licensing companies arrived, most Fansub groups disbanded and we only got a few hardcore groups left.
amlgMay 18, 2021 2:42 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 18, 2021 3:13 PM

Jan 2009
amlg said:

deg said:

Actually it used to just take around 1 week or so (sometimes less) if it was actually back in Fansub era where there were tons of dedicated Fansub groups. Most times we even had 2 or 3 groups doing same series, so much that after a while, groups had to come together and talk with each other on which "projects" they're doing, cause there wasn't a real need for groups to do same series unless one of the group had bad subs when another group would come forward and do a better job.

Which after Licensing companies arrived, most Fansub groups disbanded and we only got a few hardcore groups left.

fansub delays back then are not that unusual like if a translator is busy for weeks so is the fansub delay if i remember right

faster releases and competing fansubbers only happens on popular shows back then but not on low popularity shows like this one
Jun 11, 2021 6:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They really thought Anguirus was defeated, but of course fought again xD but it seems like Jet Jaguar really defeated him though, that was pretty good
Jun 12, 2021 1:35 PM

Mar 2010
I lowkey felt bad for that kaiju, all he wanted to do was drink in that pond until he started getting shot at.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 19, 2021 2:22 AM

May 2020
RIP Anguirus. I really wanted him to live and act like a peaceful Kaiju.
Jun 28, 2021 4:53 AM
Oct 2019
I appreciate the science theory part, it looks like very well thought story.

Once again the CGI looks really good.
Bones and Orange did well.

I'm really curious about that Red Kaijuu on the Ocean...

Let's go Jaguar Jet...
Yun has taken down Anguirus, is it really dead this time?
Aug 10, 2021 4:19 PM

Jun 2016
200iq play by the old man. Shame it didn't initially finish the monster off.

Mei solved a thing, yipee. Not gonna lie, you take yer mind off it for a sec and your left absolutely clueless.

Sep 19, 2021 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
Ominous to hear the Ministry of Foreign Affairs lady speculate on this being 'just a small sample for humanity of the power of God(zilla)' as the Radons terrorize the cities, the Navy is clearly outmatched by the gigantic Manda and even old man Outaki couldn't defeat Aguirus without the help of Yun there.

Sep 30, 2021 2:16 AM
Oct 2020
Almost halfway through and Singular Points seems to be taking its time doling out its story. The technobabble isn’t distracting me as much as it did at first, and that’s because it’s relating to what’s happening on screen. I’d call that an improvement.

So, while Mei has made a breakthrough in her plot line, Anguirus put up a good fight with Yun and his party. It was once again entertaining to watch people use their wits to outsmart an intelligent monster. Though I do feel kinda bad for Anguirus; he just wanted to be left alone :(
Oct 17, 2022 4:56 PM
Aug 2020
the script is very solid, for now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 3 Discussion

Clas1ck - Apr 7, 2021

45 by alex26gc »»
Jan 16, 9:39 PM

» Gintoki Ripoff Design

EXCLMaker - May 9, 2023

7 by Yugesai »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Apr 1, 2021

66 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 16, 2021

78 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 9 Discussion

Clas1ck - May 19, 2021

41 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.