Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2021 8:52 AM
Dec 2018
I don't know if I'm desensitized to CGI but the CGI in trailer looks good to me.
Apr 28, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2020
DeadlyDY said:
I don't know if I'm desensitized to CGI but the CGI in trailer looks good to me.

Yeah, I was surprised tbh. The cgi is definitely better than I was expecting so hopefully this will be good.
Apr 28, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
CGI gets a bad rap because of shows like AoT, where fans were expecting 2D, but then got 3D animation that looked worse than some PS2 game graphics. But when the CGI is there from the start and is used as a stylistic choice then it can work very well. For me, the first CGI animation I liked was Seikaisuru Kado. It convinced me that CGI anime can work well, and even look amazing in its own way. Houseki no Kuni is another good one.
Apr 28, 2021 11:42 AM

Jan 2020
Meh. I've seen better but the content matters more to me

Apr 29, 2021 11:28 AM

Dec 2020
Their expression in closeups look robotic.
Apr 29, 2021 11:46 AM

Feb 2014
Yeah, it looks pretty good. Probably the best I've seen since Houseki no Kuni. But the fact that they still use limited animation for character movements despite having the freedom of CGI makes this pretty lame and sad. Sad because having shitty limited animation has become synonymous with the "anime look".
Jun 24, 2021 2:34 AM
May 2008
Good to hear the CGI looks good. I think a lot of it comes down to the budget as well as talent. Shirogumi have a lot of experience doing CGI dating all the way back to working with Capcom on games like Resident Evil and Onimusha series'.
Jun 26, 2021 3:41 AM

Jul 2013
God give me a Death Note..
Let me write the names of all those fuckers who introduced CGI in Japanese 2d Animation..
Jun 27, 2021 6:12 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
DeadlyDY said:

I have to say I am surprised as this is quite good looking. but it is just the trailer so we will see if the budget/quality drops in later episodes.

It's worth noting that even EX-ARM looked passable in the trailer... And then we all now how it ended up on release LOL

Gallyleo said:
CGI gets a bad rap because of shows like AoT, where fans were expecting 2D, but then got 3D animation that looked worse than some PS2 game graphics. But when the CGI is there from the start and is used as a stylistic choice then it can work very well. For me, the first CGI animation I liked was Seikaisuru Kado. It convinced me that CGI anime can work well, and even look amazing in its own way. Houseki no Kuni is another good one.

Ehhh I have to disagree on this one. People have hated on CGI long before AOT used CGI in there.

Now, most cgi is not so bad. Just that the average standard for CGI characters is pretty low.

Of course most modern anime use CGI in some way, for background, objects ETC and in those cases it can be okay. Initial D for example, (not so modern haha) the cars for their time, were not bad at all. And they improved each season.

But when characters are done in CGI the uncanny valley sensation tends to kick in. Sadly. That and Japanese budgets for CGI seem to be very low.

Jul 15, 2021 7:09 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah, still doesn't stop people for rating a show low just because it uses CGI. Honestly I've been a big CGI fan for a long time but I a lot of people still have a negative view of it.
Jul 16, 2021 2:33 AM
Jan 2016
Its just different or unique, maybe you all have observed it. In the first episode, the futuristic world has cgi characters while when the brothers are in different universe, they themselves are CGI but the rest of the characters in that world are hand drawn.
Apr 12, 2023 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
landlock said:
Good to hear the CGI looks good. I think a lot of it comes down to the budget as well as talent. Shirogumi have a lot of experience doing CGI dating all the way back to working with Capcom on games like Resident Evil and Onimusha series'.
about ur mail

on twitter u can also mute the discussion so if any1 reply's to him u won't get any notifications (mute this conversation) when u go to notifications, blocking him cause of that is little extreme (cause he made a lot of posts to same person who u posted to and it caused u to get tons of notifications to and that annoyed u, as u explained)  :D 

u can respond to my profile to

BDW on the video were u the1 debating him

i could not write back cause u made it so friends only can write to u, or did u put me in ignore list? if u did then u are special type of snowflake when u can't handle disagreements  

i delete this post later when u have responded

More topics from this board

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2021

23 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 22, 2021

10 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 15, 2021

7 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 8, 2021

14 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 22, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Night Head 2041 Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 1, 2021

13 by littlefrank103 »»
Mar 16, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.