Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 23, 2022 9:49 PM

Apr 2016
So this show is going hard with the "a serie of unfortunate coincidences" but how did he know that was the taxi driver unless I missed something.
May 11, 2022 10:05 AM

Feb 2021
They showed Albert Einstein's meme face (tongue sticking out) and Trump's face in animal forms lol

I feel bad for this guy. He became addicted to gambling and got scammed at such a young age. Now he's doing the same. Spending so much money on a mobile game. Tbh if his ranking is in the triple digits it's still no joke, considering it's a massively popular game. If he opens a YouTube channel, he's going to pull in some good views and could make some money from it. I mean a lot of people watch pro players and having a definitive ranking would bring more people to his videos.

Also idk how all the other game animals were saved but his progress on getting the dodo wasn't saved.

Uh-oh, Odokawa has another guy after him now. I feel bad for Tanaka and his pet bird.

May 16, 2022 8:14 AM

Apr 2009
This episode was fantastic!
May 20, 2022 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
what gacha does to a mf

Aug 17, 2022 10:42 AM

Jan 2018
This episode was oddly relatable. I remember my first experience with online auctions on eBay. I think I won my first 2 auctions. In the first one, I was the only bidder and in the second one, I won just barely. It was exhilarating and I was obsessed. Thankfully I abandoned bidding even though it wasn't exactly done by choice.
Oct 17, 2022 5:20 PM
Oct 2022
Pretty boring, nothing interesting happened.
Jan 8, 2023 6:33 PM

Aug 2017
Sheesh. That rat dude, Tanaka is living a depressing life.
After failing to out bid ditch-11 on the donraku eraser, he plays a gacha game and becomes addicted. 
RIP his bank account amirite?

Tanaka keeps playing the gacha game for months and finally acquires the ultra rare dodo.
But unfortunately for him, Odakawa almost runs him over in the street. Tanaka drops his phone and it went into the sewer drain.
Tanaka went bat shit crazy after the loss of his UR dodo to the point of wanting revenge on the taxi driver. He finds Dobu's gun after digging a hole.

Oh man, that is pretty messed up. Odakawa better watch his back. A crazy ape shit rat is coming for him.

Apr 16, 2023 8:45 PM

Jun 2010
Isn't the data for this kind of mobile game usually stored on the company server rather than the phone?

I like how he kept changing his story (first the whole third-grade class had an eraser fad, then he admits it was just him and one other kid). It subtly implied his dishonest and self-centered nature which is more and more put on display as the episode continues into outright madness.
Jul 3, 2023 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
What is going on, many stuff are happening and led to this point lol
Jul 26, 2023 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
Shit ... this episode hit hard ...
All of these unfortunate circumstances that led to him wanting to kill a random taxi driver.

It's a dangerous rabbit hole people throw themselves into just to gain that short burst of dopamine, gamers can definitely relate.
And not just games, this goes for a lot of stuff.
Sep 12, 2023 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
It makes no sense how he lost the Dodo after his phone got damaged. That's not how gacha games work. The data about owning the Dodo is saved on the external server. So by the time he received the notification about obtaining Dodo, the ownership information is safely stored on the server, NOT on his phone. At that point, it wouldn't matter if his phone broke or not. He still shouldn't lose the Dodo.
Excuse me if I'm thinking too logically, but this plot hole completely ruins the episode.

Also, they didn't explain how he knew which taxi hit him. I refuse to believe he would have enough time to see the driver or the license plates, especially since his sight was glued to the mobile phone. Also I don't buy bullshit like "it's his intuition" or "it's fate", that's just bad storytelling.
removed-userSep 12, 2023 8:49 AM
Sep 30, 2023 12:17 PM
Jan 2017
Felt like filler, but it was actually important? Question mark? This series doesn't waste encounters at any rate - but getting a random side character's backstory as a full episode is a first. Helps establish the character and all... But who am I kidding - it felt unnecessary. In any case, I hope it works out later.
Oct 5, 2023 3:07 PM
Oct 2017
What the hell is this??? Black Mirror????
Oct 15, 2023 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
Oh wow, this is starting to get dark huh. This man went through child abuse, addiction, depression and is now attempting to murder the person that accidentally tipped him over the edge to insanity.

I'm a sucker for stories that have multiple plotlines developing simultaneously like in DRRR and Kuuchuu Buranko so I'm digging the way this show is turning out so far.
Dec 28, 2023 7:04 PM

Sep 2017
Wow this episode was great. What a great setup in the previous episode. There are definitely massive Durarara inspirations in this series. Very excited to see how it all comes together. This almost makes me wanna rewatch Durarara. I feel like it would only get better on the second watch even if it has been a few years.
Dec 31, 2023 3:53 PM

Jan 2022
The guy with the dodo eraser is the same guy that Odokawa almost hit and made him drop his phone. What's crazy is that he also won a dodo in his game. Funny that he's a cat and he loves birds. Hilarious that when it said "the government" Trump showed up. Dropping 5 million yen on a stupid mobile game is insane. Holy shit, I feel so bad for him. That hurt to watch. Annnd he happens to dig in the same spot the gun was placed lmao I think its weird that the dodo acquisition didn't get saved in his account. Maybe it was a misunderstanding and he didn't log into his real account? This episode was very heavy and made me really sad. So much pain. I'm surprised he didn't get fired though. Its such a small world, because he even ran into the comedian
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 12, 4:17 PM
Sep 2023
The whole gacha thing was pretty funny, the voice actor was great and seeing his decent into madness was interesting
Jan 29, 9:44 AM
CD enthusiast

Jan 2024
Fantastic little deviation from the main story! (Or maybe Tanaka becomes a regular...)

Fronzel said:
I like how he kept changing his story (first the whole third-grade class had an eraser fad, then he admits it was just him and one other kid). It subtly implied his dishonest and self-centered nature which is more and more put on display as the episode continues into outright madness.

That's a great point! Really expressed the flawed humanity of his character well.
Mar 4, 11:14 PM
Apr 2018
This episode is a high level storytelling. At 1st i was like, "wth, i don't want to know his problem" and then i was like "damn, bro. dats crazy"
Mar 11, 2:42 PM

Nov 2018
Tanaka's story felt awfully scary.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Mar 24, 3:20 PM
Dec 2021
adds another part of the story, it adds to the plot, deep into the thicket we go
Apr 16, 2:45 AM

Jun 2021
Tanaka represents many of us. Just when I thought this show can't get any more relatable, it started getting personal too lmao
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

389 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

87 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.