Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a bloody fight. Gotta remember how dangerous the wilderness is in this show.

Fushi and March's relationship is pretty interesting. It's almost if they already know each other but their bond has been a fairly unique part of the show imo.
Apr 26, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
The orb, shape-shifting into a boy, with the girl March, in danger of being sacrificed...a journey starts now, with March finally giving the orb its name: Fushi (meaning immortal).

Parona thought she could get away scot-free, but the spiked legend bear Oniguma suddenly appearing only diminished her chances of potentially saving March from Hayase, even coincidently meeting Fushi mid-way.

The sacrifical ritual underway with March eating what seems to be a sleeping pill of a jelly, and then getting appropriately dressed by the people of Yanome, it's literally a deathbed with the inclusion of Oniguma...and Fushi...?

Fushi's immortality and shape-shifting is laid bare in front of all of the audience: Hayase, her two Yanome bodyguards and Parona as it attempts to chew off Oniguma to its death. WAS THAT EVER GUT-WRENCHING...

A way out for all victims by going to Yanome for Parona and March...with Fushi (in his wolf form) uttering the very words that March taught him: "AR-II-GA-TO-U".

Another splendid episode...but the journey that awaits will hit the heart even more.
Apr 26, 2021 7:31 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Basically, I like the voice of Kenjiro Tsuda. Especially, his voice that the narration of this title is awesome.

Also, Always March is cute. I was surprised when Fushi said “Arigato.”
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2021 8:28 AM
Jan 2021
It’s definitely gotta be
Apr 26, 2021 9:26 AM
Jun 2020
For a moment I thought March wasn't gonna be saved, I was almost accepting her fate.

The final scene was very funny. She had no idea who the wolf was. I wonder how they're all gonna react after what he said lol

This is looking very good so far. Looking forward to the next episode.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenApr 26, 2021 12:48 PM
Apr 26, 2021 9:56 AM

Feb 2019
Wait WHAT??? It’s over that quick??? Dude this was the fastest episode ever. That’s when you know shit is great. Fushi taking on the bear was really hard to watch due to its brutal nature but did a great job of displaying his tenacity and determination. Great job by Brain base with the animation and OST again today. Parona’s escape sequence was well done too.
Apr 26, 2021 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
another really great episode, those fights were pretty tense and glad that march didn't die. fushi got a name and his first words too! wonder whatll happen next, will be interesting for sure.
Apr 26, 2021 10:03 AM

Jan 2021
Wth?, Where does that bear come from? 0.0
God, the fight has been amazing, so "the thing" can turn back into a wolf?
Thank goodness March is okay, I almost cried
That last scene, I did not expect it 😂, really good episode, I like it more and more
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The action part was really tense, but good that March is free from the ritual now and has the right to live, the giant polar bear was scary, but nice that MC transformed into the wolf to beat him that was crazy! xD

Jun 2019
March is just as adorable as ever. She doesn't want to leave Fu-chan. That was painful to watch her like that. Sacrificing a little girl to a foolish and pathetic ritual.

Oniguma-sama is here as well and March has been served as a sacrifice. The fight between Fushi in his wolf form and Oniguma was awesome and got so intense. THat OST during the fight was so good. And March is safe now. What a great episode. Loved it.
Apr 26, 2021 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, that was an intense episode.

After looking at the OP more closely, I'm beginning to wonder if the show has a more fantasy setting. I initially thought it would be a fairly realistic setting with the 'thing'/Fushi being the anomaly but from the looks of the gigantic bear sounds like there's more supernatural out there.

The action sequence was intense and a little gory too especially when Fushi as the wolf bit into the bear. I half expected him to transform into the bear midway through.

Glad March is alive, looks like they are going to head into town next.
That Arigatou at the end was great.
Apr 26, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2020
That fight was brilliant but that ending though... consider me impressed!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Apr 26, 2021 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
Finally episode with good news, though one person sadly died.
Apr 26, 2021 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
Again great episode, and a gory one on top of that.
Some scenes were kinda hard to watch

The “arigatou” at the end tho
Apr 26, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2020
Clas1ck said:
That last scene, I did not expect it 😂, really good episode, I like it more and more
Same bear that killed Fushi at the start of Ep2
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Apr 26, 2021 10:24 AM

Apr 2019
Really good episode, loved the OSTs playing in the background. Series is something special.

Apr 26, 2021 10:25 AM

Jan 2021
Criticiza said:
Clas1ck said:
Same bear that killed Fushi at the start of Ep2
Oh, I went to see it again and it's true, I didn't remember it xd
Apr 26, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2020
Silver Fang vs. Akakabuto vibes... That was a gory fight.

Another excellent episode. I'm glad March was saved.

"Arigatou." His first word.

Apr 26, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2020
Oh my god... I thought that March is gonna die. I'm glad that she is alive..
Apr 26, 2021 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
That fight was excellent and brutal to watch and listen to between the bear and the Fushi wolf. And the music overall was excellent too in complementing the action and mood of the entire episode by enhancing the experience without standing out on its own too; with the addition of how great the sound effects were for the brutality of the fight, the sound department has been definitely a strong point in all aspects except the OP song (which I still don't like). Very good episode, and a strong followup to an okay second episode.
Apr 26, 2021 10:47 AM
Mar 2019
I don't know why but I just started crying in the second half of the epsidoe when the music played during the fight.I don't even know why though.Guess I was overwhelmed by the music and how freaking emotionally beautiful it is?I don't even know.But yeah,It's another stellar episode with phenomenal animation.This is looking up to be my anime of the seaoson so far aside from Tokyo Revengers.
Apr 26, 2021 10:50 AM

May 2017
another good episode! man the animation is very well made. Animating a wolf and a gigantic bear with that much detail has to respected.

I like that he can change in between forms at will.
Apr 26, 2021 10:52 AM

Nov 2016
That bear was a fearsome opponent, but at least it wasn't as terrifying as a CGI one. I rather would've taken March's death lol. Fortunately none of that happened. Hayase seems like a decent person after all. A bit bland as character, tho. Hope we get to learn more about her in future.

Another entertaining episode. The narration sounds nice. What's a bit weird are the long breaks between the sentences. Other than that, the story has a pleasant flow. Not just pacingwise, I also like the shifts from lightheartedness to a bit of action, emotional moments etc. Makes it easy to stay engaged and I can't wait to see more of the journey.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2021 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
man i am so hooked on this show now, this episode was really good.
Apr 26, 2021 10:54 AM

Aug 2020
It's a magical moment when Fu mimic's the people around him.
Apr 26, 2021 10:55 AM
May 2018
well i guess, everytime i had a new favorite character they'll die soon anyway T-T, BUT i think the adaptation really great just like the manga
Apr 26, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was great too. Seeing It (now Fuji/Fu) fight off the giant bear was fantastic. The animation was great, the OST was great, and watching as It reverted to a wolf and constantly regenerated as it fought was very poignant. This anime has not disappointed so far.
Apr 26, 2021 11:08 AM
Aug 2016
This episode was epic and so emotional i was literally crying in the last 5 minutes non stop.Does anybody know the soundtrack of the battle between the wolf and the bear?
Apr 26, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2018
A wolf vs a Kuma, that was really interesting. The ''thank you'' in the end was a bit creepy coming from a wolf but it was amazing to see that he's evolving.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 26, 2021 11:12 AM
Apr 2020
Ohhh, that was an amazing episode. The growing friendship between Fushi and March is interesting, I really didn't expect "that" in the final part.

By the way, I'm not really convinced by the sound effects in the show, especially the one they use when Fushi is in his wolf form, but it's ok.
Apr 26, 2021 11:12 AM
Mar 2015
Great fight as the wolf against the bear Thank you at the end was a great kicker
Apr 26, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
Aesthetics-wise, it's quite an impressive-looking sequence with the fight with Fushi vs the Moby Dick bear, especially the sound effects and the display of the gore and blood. The music was pretty nice, too.

In terms of the story itself, there isn't much to grasp or be impressed by, and I'm remind of how much Erin and Guardian of the Spirit also lulled me in nearly the same way. Thankfully, no silly shounen comedy and tone shifts here. However, not much else to really spark my interest as I still found the subplot and most of the characters uninteresting. The theatrics were funny, at least.
Apr 26, 2021 11:18 AM

Sep 2019
That fight was really good, it must've been hard to fight an immortal being. He learned how to say thank you, March should be proud of him.
Apr 26, 2021 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
when it ended i was like wtf already? i'm really liking this anime so much. this have potential to become my favorite anime this year alongside fruits basket. Just like the two other episodes, this episode didn't disappoint. But omg fu talking at the end had me shocked. for a sec i thought i was hearing wrong.
Apr 26, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2017
also i was greatly surprised by that ending scene

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenApr 26, 2021 12:53 PM
no remorse holds no recourse
now i'm leaving slowly
oh won't you hold me?
Apr 26, 2021 11:34 AM

Nov 2020
Another great episode. That fight was really bloody and intense. Fushi got name and he said his 1st words. He is badass in the form of wolf and cute in the form of boy.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Apr 26, 2021 11:46 AM
Feb 2021
Absolutely awesome. I just discovered the anime, so I didn't expect fights. Especially a bloody one like that. I was already preparing my ass to cry like a baby like in the first episode, but everything worked out, and what a relief. Totally anxious for the next ones, to see how far we will have March's participation and to see Fushi's evolution and discover his personality.
Apr 26, 2021 12:04 PM

Oct 2020
Another really well-done episode. The gruesome fight scene and the soundtracks were amazing. Good riddance to the bear. The "Arigatou" at the end really hit home.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2021 12:06 PM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
The fight scene was intense! I didn't expect that the orb would be able to change between shapes like that, but glad it could for March's sake.

Still loving the show, looking forward to next week 😄
Apr 26, 2021 12:07 PM

Oct 2017
I'm proud of the pacing it's getting, the more episodes I get to experience it in the better. Best girl Parona.
Apr 26, 2021 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
Did they censor the bear eating March or something? I got the feeling that it ate her (Without damaging her body) and the orb was trying to get her out of its mouth/stomach or something but it wasn't explicitly shown.

Anyway, great episode. I thought the orb would be stuck in its current body until a new stimulation changes its body, but seems it can go back to any previous bodies as well. Would be pretty handy in fighting.
Apr 26, 2021 12:08 PM
Jan 2021
So far it's exceeding all of the expectations of mine, reminds me a ton of Dororo (one of my fauvorite shows) and this episode was great! The best part was Fushi battling againts the big bear! Super excited for the future episode.
Apr 26, 2021 12:11 PM

Nov 2019
Didn't really like the ost here, but the animation was pretty good
Apr 26, 2021 12:16 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Fushi is making some big progress on his abilities.

He can transform in fights and his regeneration is almost instantaneous now. I wonder if he can take on the form of that legendary bear now.

March has been spared so hopefully she can help open Fushi up to the word further. We even got to see him talk to her in his wolf form, replying "Thank you".

The preview looks interesting. It seems Fushi has already became entrapped in order for Hayase to mine the secrets of immortality out of him. On the other hand, at least March can live to become an adult now.
Apr 26, 2021 12:18 PM
Apr 2021
AliasterB2003 said:
I don't know why but I just started crying in the second half of the epsidoe when the music played during the fight.I don't even know why though.Guess I was overwhelmed by the music and how freaking emotionally beautiful it is?I don't even know.But yeah,It's another stellar episode with phenomenal animation.This is looking up to be my anime of the seaoson so far aside from Tokyo Revengers.

I've got the same reaction. I mean, fu-chan going all out to help the little girl when so far for now he didn't show emotion made me cry. He showed simple and pure emotions, without any ulterior motive. That was beautiful.
Apr 26, 2021 12:21 PM

Mar 2020
Can someone explain what happened when Oniguma smashed its paw down? Why did Parona go flying but not sustain any damage, and why was March untouched?
Apr 26, 2021 12:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great episode. The fight with the bear was fight of the season so far. Yes I agree with those that say it reminds me of Dororo but with a much higher budget and production values.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2021 12:24 PM

Jan 2015
Hayase is a bitch and I can't wait for her to suffer the worst death possible.
Apr 26, 2021 12:29 PM
Dec 2017
This is ANIME.

There are a lot of amazing 10/10 shows out there, but this is high art and it really reminds me where my anime journey started and what is unique in this genre of entertainment.

It's only three episodes in, but in the hour+ that it's been running, it already gave me so much more than your average seasonal anime.

This is the one that's going to be remembered and called a classic after many years and it should be the anime of the year, but it probably won't get the title, because it isn't a typical shounen.
Apr 26, 2021 12:31 PM

Jun 2020
Damn. The music in this anime is so good. Another amazing episode. This is going to be one hell of a ride....
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.