Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 25, 2021 11:31 PM
Mar 2018
I know its a bit too early to say this Season 5 is outright poor. But so far majority of the moments either felt repetitive, not really pushing the story or felt like zzz. Their no real tension what so ever. It doesn't match the hype and enjoyment levels of its previous seasons.

The anime is falling more every season now. But it feels more noticeable this season especially.

Am i the only one who feels like this??
Apr 25, 2021 11:35 PM

Jul 2020
It is worth the watch for Meta Liberation arc and the Paranormal Liberation War arc.
The Manga is currently at it's peak according to me and the fellow Manga readers.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 26, 2021 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
The second half of the season will be great. But yeah rn it’s really not that good
Apr 26, 2021 12:30 AM

Dec 2020
Scordolo said:
It is worth the watch for Meta Liberation arc and the Paranormal Liberation War arc.
The Manga is currently at it's peak according to me and the fellow Manga readers.

I agree, it's the most enjoyable so far, though it still has quite the chunk of very noticeable flaws, which many continue to point out.
Apr 26, 2021 1:17 AM
Mar 2020
Ngl there's only one thing that matters in this entire arc and it takes ages to get there
Apr 26, 2021 1:19 AM
Dec 2020
It’s because this show is going so slow it’s getting annoying I wish they could catch up with the manga I love mha it but I feel the same
Apr 26, 2021 1:27 AM
Feb 2021
still better than s4.
i'm okay with currently story.

Apr 26, 2021 1:35 AM
Nov 2020
training arcs are normal in shounn anime especially in MHA. im just watching it for next arcs because i think they are good
Apr 26, 2021 1:52 AM
Jan 2021
I just wanna know whats up with Dabi. I am kinda sleeping, but like it is my comfort anime so I don’t really mind watching it.
Apr 26, 2021 1:55 AM

Dec 2020
The chapter pacing is very slow
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 26, 2021 3:14 AM
Sep 2018
Same there, i watched until ep5 and it is boring enough atm, hope the 2 part will go deep and better
Apr 26, 2021 3:20 AM
Dec 2020
Literally only the deku vs Shinso fight matters and it’s the last of 5 fights. Each fight seems to be taking 2 episodes and the anime just finished the first episode of the second fight, so it’s at least 5 more episodes until the important part of the arc. I genuinely feel like I’m wasting my time watching it right now.
Apr 26, 2021 3:30 AM

Apr 2021
Scordolo said:

Agreed. Anime will become more intensify after current arc. Manga is also at its best at ch 310.

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Apr 26, 2021 3:45 AM
Jul 2020
I agree with you season 5 is trash till now mha sucks
Apr 26, 2021 4:21 AM
Mar 2021
ZortecYT said:
I know its a bit too early to say this Season 5 is outright poor. But so far majority of the moments either felt repetitive, not really pushing the story or felt like zzz. Their no real tension what so ever. It doesn't match the hype and enjoyment levels of its previous seasons.

The anime is falling more every season now. But it feels more noticeable this season especially.

Yo I swear everyone who posts this shit on the forums right now is brain-dead. Of course, you're not the only person who feels like this as there are constant posts about it on the forums. All you need to do is just scroll down the forum posts and read them. It's like yall never learned how to read.
Apr 26, 2021 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
ZortecYT said:

Well said, I was iting for mha 5 for a while. But now im sleepy as hell. And with other animes like hige wo soru, koi no yobu, and nagatoro , i lost interest in mha 5. Dont get me wrong but thats my honest opionin. I am not even waiting for mha like those 3 animes.
Apr 26, 2021 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
I read the manga and let me tell you, from now you should stop expecting anything new from bnha
Apr 26, 2021 4:58 AM
Nov 2020
ZortecYT said:

just wait till this arc finishes, trust me.
Apr 26, 2021 5:18 AM
Aug 2020
ZortecYT said:

This is a shonen anime after all and the name of it states academia, did you expect anything non academia related? Drop it and move on.
Ofcool2947Apr 26, 2021 5:29 AM
Apr 26, 2021 6:19 AM

Oct 2015
I'm worried the people overselling the next arc may not get the reaction they hope for.
Apr 26, 2021 6:22 AM
Feb 2021
Reason why I hate the anime community, bcz guys like u are too judgemental from the start itself, like not only mha but black clover and boruto too, u guys judge its boring or trash when it's not even finished yet, every anime has its up and downs but at least u have to have the patience to finish and then give your opinion on the whole finished series
Apr 26, 2021 6:41 AM
Mar 2018
Ofcool2947 said:
ZortecYT said:

This is a shonen anime after all and the name of it states academia, did you expect anything non academia related? Drop it and move on.

Sorry, i NEVER drop shows even if i hate it (but i DON'T hate MHA FYI). I want the show to get better and excel. Speaking as a fan of the show i wouldn't have watched 4 seasons and then all of a sudden point it out at S5 being a snoozfest. Theres a good reason for it being pointed out.

Also just because its "hero academia" doesn't excuse it for lack of character development for many characters, lack of story progression, lack of tension and repetitive fights etc. I kinda blame it on the show bring excessive amount of characters in the show, which meant its hard to give development most of them and many become a one moment character.

All i can hope is Season 5 can do a "Black Clover" on this season. I heard MHA has gotten better in the Manga. So i am hopeful things will get better. But for the time being, season 5 is a snoozefest (at the time of me posting this)
Apr 26, 2021 6:44 AM
Mar 2018
Deku192001 said:
Reason why I hate the anime community, bcz guys like u are too judgemental from the start itself, like not only mha but black clover and boruto too, u guys judge its boring or trash when it's not even finished yet, every anime has its up and downs but at least u have to have the patience to finish and then give your opinion on the whole finished series
If this was a BRAND NEW show like Black Clover beginning episodes, when it was universally hated, it make more sense, but MHA is not a brand new show and is an established show, you can't blame us for bringing previous history expectations on MHA.

Naruto is one of my favorite anime of all time but that doesn't mean i think its a perfect show, i won't ignore its problems it has. I can give you an example when i have had those snoozefest times especially in majority of the War Arc in Naruto Shippuden, it had great moments but overall it was below par for Naruto Shippuden and to this day i still think that. But I wouldn't drop it because i love the show. I can say the same thing about MHA but it will never be close to me like Naruto was for me. (thats just me though). But i saw MHA did have the potential to be better than Naruto at the beginning especially. But MHA is still a great show and i tell my friends to watch it.

But just to summarize. I am not asking for MHA to improve every season, all i am asking is that the show can be JUST as good as the previous ones if not better. Is that too much to ask for???
Zortec_OfficialApr 26, 2021 7:00 AM
Apr 26, 2021 7:06 AM
Aug 2020
ZortecYT said:
Ofcool2947 said:

Sorry, i NEVER drop shows even if i hate it (but i DON'T hate MHA FYI). I want the show to get better and excel. Speaking as a fan of the show i wouldn't have watched 4 seasons and then all of a sudden point it out at S5 being a snoozfest. Theres a good reason for it being pointed out.

Also just because its "hero academia" doesn't excuse it for lack of character development for many characters, lack of story progression, lack of tension and repetitive fights etc. I kinda blame it on the show bring excessive amount of characters in the show, which meant its hard to give development most of them and many become a one moment character.

All i can hope is Season 5 can do a "Black Clover" on this season. I heard MHA has gotten better in the Manga. So i am hopeful things will get better. But for the time being, season 5 is a snoozefest (at the time of me posting this)

So i’m taking that you never read the manga cause their are lots of story progression after this arc.

Also the title of this anime is not something to be surprised of, it’s young adults in a academia, if this was called hero or some other non school related title, then yeah you should expect unexpected arcs cause you have to remember this anime revolves on a academia or more so a boy training to become a hero in a hero highschool. If i heard about this show for the first time, the title should give me a sign that this show does revolve around a academia and young adults that also train themselves to become heroes. This anime is going to have training arcs and tournament arcs for a reason, all a build up for something explosive. If i don’t like this genre, i’d drop it.

I also can point of the flaws of this show but i won’t be too quick to judge until the arc is fully finished, the arcs that were underwhelming to me was the provisional license training arc where it in the middle had a unexpected anime original episode that didn’t make sense much.

But something like JT was underwhelming for manga readers back in 2018 since it was week to week boring but re-reading it all in a binge doesn’t make the arc that bad overall in my perspective.

According to many supportive fans here, MHA is supposed to do something unexpected since their is a vital arc upcoming after this that doesn’t revolve around the MC and his friends.
Ofcool2947Apr 26, 2021 7:42 AM
Apr 26, 2021 7:06 AM
Mar 2021
ZortecYT said:
Ofcool2947 said:

I honestly hope to god My Hero Academia doesn't turn in the direction of Black Clover. I can't stand that show, literally a whole season worth of episodes felt like a waste of time.
Apr 26, 2021 7:38 AM
Feb 2018
I hope better anime in this season, for example furuba, fumetsu not anata e, odd taxi, 86, shadows house, vivy, tokyo revengers, and kumo desu will be more popular than bnha
Apr 26, 2021 7:58 AM

Dec 2019
def not the only one of course. setting it up to be the worst season, can’t say that for sure though, I have very little hope left
Apr 26, 2021 8:02 AM
Apr 2020
Same,im literally forcing myself to watch this shit
Apr 26, 2021 9:32 AM
Feb 2021
I'm loving the adaptation, in the manga I got bored but with the animation and the pacing I'm really loving it
Apr 26, 2021 10:02 AM
Oct 2020
Saaaaaaaaaaaaammmee
Apr 26, 2021 10:05 AM

Jun 2011
I guess we gotta bear until this underwhelming school training arc is over and something more serious starts hapenning (hopefully). I hope it's worth it. :3
Apr 26, 2021 10:08 AM

Jan 2020
Everyone says it gets really good later on so just power through this

Apr 26, 2021 11:03 PM
Feb 2021
I want to say it is the calm before the storm but I dont know if the anime will give the manga justice. For now all I can do is sit back and hope that it will be a great season;)
Apr 26, 2021 11:32 PM
Apr 2020
then go sleep bitch.
Apr 29, 2021 6:30 AM
Nov 2019
ZortecYT said:

Here's a pillow and a glass of 🥛.
Apr 29, 2021 6:34 AM
Nov 2019
Scordolo said:
stop jinxing Mva and PLF War.
Apr 29, 2021 6:37 AM

Oct 2020
ZortecYT said:

wait for this arc to end, the next one is amazing
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Apr 29, 2021 7:31 AM
Sep 2020
ZortecYT said:

Imagine people calling S4 of aot boring ,when most of the time they are being edge lords trying to find out mistakes for very petty reasons ,calling mappa bad cgi and stuff

And now the same people regret it ,because they can't enjoy anything

What I trying to tell is ,when I just started with mha ,for the first 4 seasons I was able to binge watch it and from my perspective it got better every arc and I freaking enjoyed it so much ,but when I wait for it weekly it's just not that cool,

But for casess like aot the events takes place so fast that every week waiting is just perfect for it

I'd suggest if you can't enjoy it watch something else for now wait for atleast 10 or so episodes and then binge them ,that's what I will do now ,I couldn't do taht for aot ,because of the amount of spoilers every week
Apr 29, 2021 8:58 AM

Sep 2020
After season 4 I totally lost interest in this anime , boring and same thing is being repeated over and over !!! Post season 3 of MHA is same as SAO season 2
Apr 29, 2021 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Zean_9435 said:
After season 4 I totally lost interest in this anime , boring and same thing is being repeated over and over !!! Post season 3 of MHA is same as SAO season 2
bro i also can't explain after the 3rd season bad licence arc everything went downhill imo so far my hero isn't coming back i don't know what is wrong with the show or if it's just me, jujutsu kaisen and hell Tokyo revengers (only has 3 episodes yet it is more interesting than my hero imo)
Apr 29, 2021 1:29 PM
Apr 2021
i think this season is really just for casual watching, it kinda of feels like filler episodes tbh. i’ve heard the next season is where things start getting intense. and also the movie coming out later this year is supposed to be pretty important.
May 3, 2021 1:47 AM

Mar 2014
ZortecYT said:
Ofcool2947 said:

"Never dropping shows" You, I like. I got mad respect for your dude awesome stuff ;)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Yesterday, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.