Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 25, 2021 7:00 PM

Oct 2020
recently finished the hibike euphonium series (s1, s2 and the final movie) and loved it.
wanted to start a similar show music related and i've seen the massive popularity k-on has compared to hibike euphonium.
k-on series better than the hibike euphonium or nah?

Apr 25, 2021 7:11 PM

May 2019
Go watch it. Ironically I also watch Hibike Euphonium first before jump to K-On! . Both of them are also my favorites but I like K-On! more though. I think each of them has their own strength on which they are good at.

Apr 25, 2021 7:59 PM
Feb 2021
Whether one is better than the other is pretty much a toss up, but definitely check out K-On!. It doesn’t have the drama that Hibike has but it’s great for its own reasons.
Apr 25, 2021 8:22 PM

Sep 2016
It’s as good as euphonium, but not as focused on music or training to play, it’s more everyday characters, despite having great songs, if you want something musical and a little dramatic like euphonium, this isn’t where you will find, despite that it is a great anime and worth seeing.
Apr 25, 2021 10:03 PM
Dec 2020
Depends really, if you want a pure music show with some plot and somewhat developed characters then K on is the worse show, there’s like 3 songs they play a few times, it’s pure SOL, and the characters aren’t changed or developed other than their junior. Hibike had a plot, goal and they played and forced more on music and although it’s SOL it was in the background mostly, and the characters develop a bit. Every performance in Hibike made me genuinely nervous whilst every performance in K on is just fun to watch and always a treat to see. I think they’re too different to compare but if you like one you’ll probably like the other if you go in knowing they’re very different experiences.
said the lolicon bastard
Apr 25, 2021 11:08 PM
Dec 2018
I don’t think one is better than the other, I just think they have different modes. K-On, imo is a mixture of playing music and watching cute girls do cute things. Euphonium is more focusing on the band evolving together as musicians and while there is still slice of life elements, there is a little more focus on the playing. That being said, watch both because they’re each great
Apr 25, 2021 11:35 PM

Aug 2018
K-ON! is one of my favourite animes, I’d recommend it to anyone! I haven’t watched Hibike Euphonium (although it’s on my PTW), but I’m pretty sure K-ON! is way less focused in music and more laid back than Hibike. Both are animated by Kyoto Animation, that’s already a guarantee itself :P
Apr 25, 2021 11:52 PM

Feb 2020
This is more of an x vs y thread.

Apr 25, 2021 11:53 PM
Apr 2021
K-ON! Is great but it’s a completely different experience to watching Hibike euphonium as it’s much less about the music and drama and is more of a slice of life moe anime. Though I would still recommend watching it as it shares the Kyoto animation magic that all their projects have
Apr 26, 2021 12:28 AM
Aug 2016
I adore both anime. Hibike is more so a drama anime, while K-ON! Is more moe-slice-of-life. If you're looking for more tension filled plot, you won't find any in K-ON! I wouldn't compare them, but if I had to choose I'd say K-ON! is better.
Apr 26, 2021 1:50 AM
Sep 2020
Hibike is one of my favourite series, so I can't say K-ON is as good as. That being said, if you enjoy some chill anime, K-ON is a mustch watch. Really funny, enjoyable and gracious. It doesn't have that goal in the end. It's really a Slice of Life anime, full time. Still, absolutely binged it in a few days. Naoko Yamada is absolutely great as a director (she directed Liz and the Blue Bird too, in case you already watched it).

I couldn't recommend more to you to watch K-ON, but, cute girls and music theme aside, they are completely different from each other. I'd say Hibike is a sport anime with flair.
Apr 26, 2021 2:49 AM
Dec 2019
K-ON! is actually a comedy show disguised as a musical show.
But the K-On! is really great, you should definitely watch it...and season 2 is much better than season 1.
Apr 26, 2021 3:00 AM
Nov 2020
k-on is just SoL anime with music as a bonus

if you want a show with show music related go watch bang dream, 2nd & 3rd season are full cg but storyline better than hibike imo
Apr 26, 2021 3:10 AM

Feb 2020
d1eeM said:
recently finished the hibike euphonium series (s1, s2 and the final movie) and loved it.
wanted to start a similar show music related and i've seen the massive popularity k-on has compared to hibike euphonium.

Don't sleep on Liz and the Blue Bird mate.

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."
Apr 26, 2021 3:54 AM
Apr 2019
K-On é um dos meus animes favoritos, mas musicalmente falando, ele é uma Fiorino enquanto Hibike Euphonium é um Tesla.
Apr 26, 2021 9:22 PM

Sep 2015
Hibike is about drama and it makes you want to continue watching until the end. There are a lot more interactions between band members and characters outside of the school. Also the competition is the plot driver.

Meanwhile, K-on is SoL. While it’s comfy and funny, it gets repetitive pretty early on because it focuses only on the club members and activities.

It takes Hibike to feel repetitive in the latest movie while k-on is already brewing the same formula in the 2nd cour.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Apr 30, 2021 2:11 AM
Apr 2021
You can't compare them. K-ON is one of the best CGDCT anime, and seriously it's relaxing watching their every day live unfold it also makes you laugh(assuming your taste of humour align). One of the strong point of CGDCT animes are no romance and K-ON don't show any romance at all(beside sawako past)!

Hibike on the other hand is rich with drama. How each character deals with their issues and see their growth after overcomes their problem.

One thing that overlaps between both shows beside music are strong friendships between characters I guess.

You don't have to choose, just watch both of them.
Apr 30, 2021 6:11 AM

Oct 2020
d1eeM said:

yeah after all, i started watching k-on anyways and i'm loving it.
i would compare it more with yuru camp than with hibike, since it's very relaxing watch the girls do their stuff. totally recommended

May 8, 2021 12:02 PM
May 2019
I can't disagree with anything said about how K-ON and Hibike are two different animes with a slightly similar theme. Watch them both and you can't go wrong.

FYI, K-ON's major rhing was it was the BIG move push when it came out. Now we are seeing a lot of "cute girls doing cute thing" animes. I think the latest is motorcycle.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
May 26, 2021 2:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Hibike euphonium is like a fine wine

K-on is like RED BULL AND MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS COMBINED

NYANPASU
5700XT

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.