Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2021 6:03 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow... Just wow... Oden did all the Naked dancing just for nothing... That's just sad... He didn't want to hurt anyone so he chose the best way for him to protect everyone.
Azayaka Kunin Otoko! The Nine Samurai's of Kuri are here to take back Wano Kuni! The Battle animation was really good! And I couldn't leave my eyes from the screen this entire episode!
The next episode will show us the end of the Battle of Oden and Kaido!
Apr 24, 2021 7:02 PM

Nov 2016
A mere clash. More than we got to see in the manga from Moria vs Kaido. One in his prime, the other not. Explains why it's considered an even battle. Still gonna take it with a grain of salt. Moria was left broken after his loss.

The struggle of Oden was portrayed beautifully. The anime nailed the tragedy. Made it even better imo. Big F for Hyogoro's sweet wife. You would think you can't dislike a character more, but here we are. Orochi is absolute trash.

Then Kaido's words at the end. Bitter af. Makes you think how things would've turned out if Oden had fought back earlier....

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 2021 7:27 PM
Jan 2015
first!

can't belive oden got played like that...
Apr 24, 2021 7:28 PM

Jan 2020
Orochi is a pile of trash for breaking the promise like that. Oden's mental state during that whole state was done so well thanks to the visuals and speaking of visuals, that final clash was beautiful. I love the sakura petals being used as a replacement for blood with the whole blue background.

It was a fantastic episode and easily a 5/5 in my book.

Apr 24, 2021 7:33 PM

Apr 2019
Fantastic episode, the visuals were great, next episode should be something special...

Apr 24, 2021 7:49 PM

Apr 2014
Toei did a good job with this episode. Every scene was so phenomenal. Oden after hearing what happened to Hyogoro and his wife. He had enough and him along with his Red Nine Samurai goes into battle to end it. Kaido knew he was coming and they finally clash. Man what an episode. And dang Orochi is a piece of trash that I really want to break his teeth in. Kaido presents what a real Pirate is like. Making lies and broken promises so that they can get the advantage. Dang. What an episode once again.
Apr 24, 2021 8:11 PM

Mar 2020
Ngl, Kaido and Moria looked a little funny in the beginning, so that's how they got Ryuma's sword from Wano. Wouldn't have imagined Moria having the guts to face Kaido tho, but then again, he went to Blackbeard to get Absalom.

Orochi & Kaido continue to be even more hateful, you just wanna punch them in the face. Oden's tragedy was heartbreaking, all he wanted was peace, but failed to identify these snakes.. Oden and Akazaya Nine scenes were well done too
Apr 24, 2021 8:12 PM
Mar 2021
Are manga readers satisfied with the latest episode. Cuz I'm not. It's a 3/5 at best for me
Apr 24, 2021 8:17 PM

Feb 2021
odens execution is like the wano-kuni version of rogers execution
Apr 24, 2021 9:05 PM
Jan 2021
Yoo! I loved this episode! I hate Orochi here more than I did in the manga! I am hyped for the fight coming up, can't wait!!

I did think all that slashing people up and turning into rose pedals was long and repeating, but I did like the transition from rose pedals to blood
Apr 24, 2021 9:06 PM

Jan 2020
I_like_kitten_ said:
odens execution is like the wano-kuni version of rogers execution

yeah for sure. I would say that's one of the best ways it can be put

Apr 24, 2021 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
Orochi is worth less than the gum that was under my shoe in kindergarten back in the 90s.

On a more serious note I loved how the people Oden wanted to protect/cherish were reflected on his sword, visually speaking that was stunning and poetic.
Apr 24, 2021 10:26 PM

Oct 2017
Oden and Scabbard's raid was epic. They turned everything into a bloody mess, ahem I mean flower petals.
Apr 25, 2021 12:23 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was mazing. I just can't wait for the next episode, It's going to be legendary.
Apr 25, 2021 2:09 AM

Jul 2015
Sad to see Oden wasted five years embarassing himself all because that bastard Orochi tricked him. Seeing that preview of Oden on that stage makes this even more tragic...

Apr 25, 2021 2:25 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Great episode, the two next ones are going to be hard to watch.
Apr 25, 2021 2:58 AM

Aug 2016
FMmatron said:
A mere clash. More than we got to see in the manga from Moria vs Kaido. One in his prime, the other not. Explains why it's considered an even battle. Still gonna take it with a grain of salt. Moria was left broken after his loss.

The struggle of Oden was portrayed beautifully. The anime nailed the tragedy. Made it even better imo. Big F for Hyogoro's sweet wife. You would think you can't dislike a character more, but here we are. Orochi is absolute trash.

Then Kaido's words at the end. Bitter af. Makes you think how things would've turned out if Oden had fought back earlier....

Moria clashes with Kaido and it looks even........ Nah, just another example of the anime team not thinking about what they're doing, as long as they fill the episode runtime.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 25, 2021 3:13 AM

Nov 2016
JokerVentura said:
FMmatron said:

Moria clashes with Kaido and it looks even........ Nah, just another example of the anime team not thinking about what they're doing, as long as they fill the episode runtime.

The thing is, dunno if I should trust some random pirates as source, but remember the group that was shown when the shadows were returning to their owners. The captain stated Moria fought with Kaido on even ground.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2021 3:15 AM
Aug 2020
I feel sad for Oden who just wanted to avoid unnecessary bloodshed and for that sake even danced naked in front of everybody. Cannot wait for the battle between him and Kaido next week.
Apr 25, 2021 3:22 AM

Aug 2016
FMmatron said:
JokerVentura said:

The thing is, dunno if I should trust some random pirates as source, but remember the group that was shown when the shadows were returning to their owners. The captain stated Moria fought with Kaido on even ground.

I guess, then again perhaps Kaido was just playing with him, they only saw Kaido going easy on him for fun, before stomping him.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 25, 2021 3:28 AM

Nov 2016
JokerVentura said:
FMmatron said:

I guess, then again perhaps Kaido was just playing with him, they only saw Kaido going easy on him for fun, before stomping him.

For all we know it could've been a massacre. Moria ended up traumatized. But hey, I like to believe that him being at his best compared to today and a not prime Kaido are having a somewhat even fight during the first few minutes.

Apr 25, 2021 3:36 AM

Dec 2013
He really shouldn't be surprised that Kaido/Orochi never intended to keep whatever promise they had made.

It's depressing knowing Oden and his group are going to lose this war.
Apr 25, 2021 4:18 AM

Feb 2015
I really don't understand why Oden would make a deal like that and expect Orochi to follow through. he already knew Orochi was shady by showing that he tricked everyone in thinking that Odens father made Orochi the shogun (with the face-swap fruit lady).

Kaido literally attacked Toki, did Oden just forget?

Kaido mentioned that Roger and Whitebeard were naïve and that Oden was just like them, but that level of naïve is ridiculous.

I really love the music for Oden's dance, wish they released an official full version.
Apr 25, 2021 4:22 AM

Jul 2016
FMmatron said:
JokerVentura said:

For all we know it could've been a massacre. Moria ended up traumatized. But hey, I like to believe that him being at his best compared to today and a not prime Kaido are having a somewhat even fight during the first few minutes.

Poor old Moria. Never stood a chance.
Apr 25, 2021 4:35 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Oden should've known that he couldn't trust Kaido and Orochi - especially on something that would last 5 years, and constantly tarnish his clans repuatation.

They'd already betrayed him and stolen the country while he was away, supposedly killed his father, turned the country into a weapon manufacturing sweat shop etc.

We got to see the start of their battle animated, and I'm excited to see the final parts animated in the next episode! ^^

Apr 25, 2021 4:59 AM

Apr 2018
Damn Orochi baited Oden.. Well we know how it will end but it's still epic to see Oden and Kaido fight.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 25, 2021 5:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
"Please watch without blinking an eye/" - With pleasure if the episodes to come are just as good as this!

Oden's pain was captured brilliantly and my hatred for Orochi grew a lot for sure.

Hype battle next up though, here's to hoping this flashback arc will end on a high!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 25, 2021 6:17 AM
Feb 2020
TanakaTarou24 said:
Are manga readers satisfied with the latest episode. Cuz I'm not. It's a 3/5 at best for me
yeah i agree with you. It was okay but i mean they censored the blood with flower pedals... I mean really kills the mood of a heavy battle
Apr 25, 2021 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
It's impression or animation in several fights was bad, but it was a very emotional episode about oden.
Apr 25, 2021 7:44 AM
Mar 2021
Luka_Stambuk said:
TanakaTarou24 said:
yeah i agree with you. It was okay but i mean they censored the blood with flower pedals... I mean really kills the mood of a heavy battle
I did not really care about the blood tho. My point was, I didn't feel any emotion at all in all the episode. No hype when they were walkiy, no hype when oden was smashing through kaido subordinates
Apr 25, 2021 7:51 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode despite being a little bit too slowly paced on first part.

Next episode is gonna be very big if I remember correctly
Apr 25, 2021 8:28 AM
Jul 2015
If i want to read manga which chapter should I pick to follow from this anime episode? Thanks 🙏
Apr 25, 2021 8:39 AM
Sep 2018
wow, very good episde, A hard fight is coming...
Apr 25, 2021 8:45 AM

Jan 2020
TanakaTarou24 said:

I'm pretty satisfied tbh. I think the flower petals was a nice addition from Toei instead of making a basic 1:1 adaptation like the fishman island days or the dressorsa days

Apr 25, 2021 8:47 AM
Oct 2007
Kaido character doesn't seems like the kind that doesn't honor his word. Orochi/Doflamingo are a better reflection of that. It's like I can't imagine Katakuri breaking promises despite being the "bad" guys.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2021 11:01 AM

Jan 2017
To the 'Spy' I only have one thing to say:
YOU PIECE OF HUMAN GARBAGE...F*CK YOU!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Apr 25, 2021 12:03 PM

Feb 2016
The scene where Oden and his Retainers travel through Wano to face Kaido was beautiful ngl.
sumchiApr 25, 2021 1:15 PM
Apr 25, 2021 2:08 PM
Jan 2020
It was pain to see how idiotic oden was to believe that shitbag arochi....
I was really filled with anger and frustration after seeing his state after 5 years ....that fool destroyed whole country just because he was an idiot....idiot oden
Apr 25, 2021 2:12 PM
Jan 2020
I just got frustrated on oden for once ...that idiot believed orochi....it was really painful seeing him like this ....now I really want to see orochi's ass kicked by mugiwaras ....I really want orochi dead ...it pains to see oden like that ....baka oden shitbag orochi ...someone kill orochi now
Apr 25, 2021 2:27 PM

Jan 2020
I'm surprised Moria vs Kaido isn't being talked a whole lot. I thought that was pretty cool how Toei added that in

Apr 25, 2021 4:22 PM

Apr 2015
Had to stop at the mid card to wipe my eyes and come here to comment. The narrator is right: whether you're a manga reader or anime only, we know this isn't gonna end well. This is already history. There will be Honor, Strength, Loyalty and Friendship, but ultimately, Defeat.

Alright, I'm going back in for the second half. I feel fragile, so wish me luck.
Apr 25, 2021 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
After watching the second half:

AAARGH! WHO DO I HAVE TO KILL????!? ODENSAMA BANSAI!!!!!!!
Apr 25, 2021 4:59 PM

Jul 2007
BonkyTrollDoll said:
Had to stop at the mid card to wipe my eyes and come here to comment. The narrator is right: whether you're a manga reader or anime only, we know this isn't gonna end well. This is already history. There will be Honor, Strength, Loyalty and Friendship, but ultimately, Defeat.

Alright, I'm going back in for the second half. I feel fragile, so wish me luck.

Just to clarify with you, the "LEGENDARY HOUR" has not arrived yet. But you will know when it does, its a very significant moment in this story and the narator is telling you "dont blink your eyes" until that moment comes. But yeah we are finally reaching the end of this flashback story but the ending is probably one of the best moments in the whole flashback, so look forward to that.

Apr 25, 2021 5:09 PM

Apr 2015
link9us said:
BonkyTrollDoll said:

Just to clarify with you, the "LEGENDARY HOUR" has not arrived yet. But you will know when it does, its a very significant moment in this story and the narator is telling you "dont blink your eyes" until that moment comes. But yeah we are finally reaching the end of this flashback story but the ending is probably one of the best moments in the whole flashback, so look forward to that.

GAAAHH, I know, I know! Seriously, I get too excited.
Apr 25, 2021 6:59 PM

Feb 2020
i feel bad for oden, he had to carry on a promise like that for 5 years smh i hate orochi AHHHHHH

Apr 25, 2021 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
This is just tragic. I feel so sad and so angry right now. Clearly there was something up with Oden suddenly dancing week for week and making a fool out of himself, but it was even worse as I expected. I hate Orochi sooooooo much, he easily got in my top 10 most hated anime characters. He and Kaido are just human trash and I hope in the future they get what they deserve.

The loyalty of the Akazaya Nine isn't describeable with words. They all knew something was up with Odens weird behaviour and they still waited 5 years until Oden finally gave them the command to fight back.

Unfortunately Kaido and his crew were prepared for this fight, which means there's a spy among Odens people. Gladly Oden told Yasuie to protect his family. Who knows what could have happened otherwise.

I definitely have to prepare myself for the next episode. Even tho this will be a really important moment for the story, at the same time it will surely be one of saddest.

Before I forget, did Moria really fight Kaido? That seemed so weird to me knowing how strong Kaido is.

Apr 26, 2021 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
Oden trusting Orochi and Kaido after all that was revealed about what they did to his father, his country, his wife. I get he's a little naive, but that's just incredibly stupid. Maybe the dumbest plot point in the entire series, very disappointing, unless there's some missing element revealed about it later.

At least it was over quickly and followed up with an incredibly bad ass and moving fight.

Natsu88 said:
This is just tragic. I feel so sad and so angry right now. Clearly there was something up with Oden suddenly dancing week for week and making a fool out of himself, but it was even worse as I expected. I hate Orochi sooooooo much, he easily got in my top 10 most hated anime characters. He and Kaido are just human trash and I hope in the future they get what they deserve.

The loyalty of the Akazaya Nine isn't describeable with words. They all knew something was up with Odens weird behaviour and they still waited 5 years until Oden finally gave them the command to fight back.

Unfortunately Kaido and his crew were prepared for this fight, which means there's a spy among Odens people. Gladly Oden told Yasuie to protect his family. Who knows what could have happened otherwise.

I definitely have to prepare myself for the next episode. Even tho this will be a really important moment for the story, at the same time it will surely be one of saddest.

Before I forget, did Moria really fight Kaido? That seemed so weird to me knowing how strong Kaido is.

Moria mentioned back in Thriller Bark that Kaido killed his entire crew in battle.
Apr 26, 2021 10:05 AM

Feb 2016
Teufel said:
Oden trusting Orochi and Kaido after all that was revealed about what they did to his father, his country, his wife. I get he's a little naive, but that's just incredibly stupid. Maybe the dumbest plot point in the entire series, very disappointing, unless there's some missing element revealed about it later.

You gotta remember that Oden sailed with the two most honorable pirates, so it's no wonder that he became naive and idealistic. Oden always had a compassionate side to him despite his delinquent past, and he grew as a person when sailing with Whitebeard and Roger, so in this case, he chose the way that would not harm anybody. The full reason will be explained later. Kaido also said that Oden is just like Whitebeard and Roger. Powerful, but soft. Oden was not always like this, and if it was the old, ruthless Oden, then yes, he would have not chose this way and instead attacked Kaido at the same day when he attacked Orochi, but again, he matured.
Apr 27, 2021 3:26 PM
Jun 2020
Welp! I finally caught up man now ill have to watch it weekly can't just click another episode ;(. I can really say now that i was left on a cliffhanger by one piece...
Apr 28, 2021 6:36 AM
Feb 2021
Orochi and kaido are trash
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

162 by pikituso10 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 360 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mulderman - Jul 4, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 359 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 26, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 899 Discussion ( 1 2 )

blank - Aug 24, 2019

54 by scarywolf143 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 358 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 23, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.