Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Baran is a scary guy when he gets serious. No joke.

That dragon monster transformation is also pretty crazy. No wonder everyone is shocked at what they've seen. The real battle is about to begin :o
Apr 23, 2021 6:00 PM

Nov 2020
Croco is the best and... That end!!!!! Whoahhhh!

Also, original Laharlt scene with Baran and how they met, right?

Crazy episode xD.

Shō Hayami great interpretation!
-Hyunckel-Apr 23, 2021 6:12 PM
Apr 23, 2021 6:05 PM

Sep 2018
OMFG! The ryuumajin transformation is freaking awesome!!! This episode carries only 3 chapters - this is the PERFECT pace every fans want <3
and the ost is so amazing XD
DragonKnight92Apr 23, 2021 6:09 PM
Apr 23, 2021 6:06 PM

Dec 2020
I loved this episode.

It was a great idea to add some images of Larhalt's past.

Fuck the ones who don't like the new soundtracks. It fits perfectly with all those scenes !

Hyunckel new armour transformation was great !

Great rendition of Crocodine's heart !!! I had tears at this moment !!! i loved this frame where he gripped Leona to protect her (it's not in the manga)

Baran's Transformation was so badass. A True nightmare !!!

However i didn't like Saboera and Hadlar's apparition(s) it was too much the second time.
And Poppu and Hyunckel having manly tears about Larhalt's backstory was too much too.

I want to be on next episode.It will be crazy. 30 years i'm awaiting for it !
Le-ConteurApr 23, 2021 6:25 PM
Apr 23, 2021 7:35 PM
Sep 2015
Beautiful episode with amazing soundtrack.

I get what I want, Baran shirtless!!!! His ultimate form is hot, but I also want to see his human shirtless form longer than just a few second, this is not enough to sate my thirst!
Apr 23, 2021 7:35 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was great. Larhart even has standards that he even kills Borahorn for it. Then he reveals why he went into rage towards humanity. After seeing such compassion and care from Hyunckel and Popp, he gives Hyunckel his Dark Spear armor and asks him to save Baran. Crocodine and Leona get ready to face Baran. After hearing what has happened to Popp, Crocodine decides to play the role of draining Baran's energy so he cannot fight anymore. Then we get to see Hyunckel and Popp show up and try to reason with Baran. But I guess with too much anger and rage Baran falls on deaf ears and goes into Dragonoid form. Man I guess Baran really made his choice. If he meets a tragic end that will be sad.
Apr 23, 2021 7:38 PM

Jun 2015
Damn good episode. I was in awe with how they pulled out the Ryumajin transformation
Apr 23, 2021 7:53 PM

Aug 2018
Probably the best episode in the series so far. Really loved the soundtrack during Larhart's flashback scene and Baran's transformation sequence was really good. Reminded me of the good old dragon ball villain transformations hype.

The only thing that I didn't like is the colors choices for Baran's transformed form. Don't know if it's Toei's choice or the official manga colors.
Masha-maApr 23, 2021 8:06 PM
Apr 23, 2021 8:18 PM

Sep 2018
The colors of Ryuumajin Baran are official from the author: Riku Sanjo. He never gave the colors of it until now. The manga had no info about its colors, even in databook iirc XD. All previous colors on internet was fanmade
Apr 23, 2021 8:43 PM
Oct 2016
A big wind up for what's to come next. Baran is going to extraordinary lengths to secure Dai so they can then rampage the earth. The last fight against Crocodine for Baran, using his ultimate move multiple times getting no major results. Crocodine just eating those attacks only getting scratches. Baran was doing damage but not nearly as much as gigabreak should've done. Pretty awesome that Hyunckel gets the spear armor. Now that his sword armor has shattered its nice to see he's got this new one. An armor that doesn't feed off his hate as the previous one did. The last ditch effort to reason with Baran before he continues on this path any further proved to be ineffective. Hyunckel trying to show Baran that there's still hope in humans. Baran transforming into this final form to set up a major battle next episode.
Apr 23, 2021 9:01 PM

Nov 2007
Ah, so Ishida-san's character is also half. and He entrusted his armor to KajiKaji's character (like OP mentioned).

Now they know the real intention to friend guy.

The two came back in time and KajiKaji's character tried to save him, but he decided to throw away being human. Ryuumajin...

How did main guy's eyes turn back to normal, according to the preview?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 23, 2021 9:30 PM

Dec 2020
tsubasalover said:
Ah, so Ishida-san's character is also half. and He entrusted his armor to KajiKaji's character (like OP mentioned).

Now they know the real intention to friend guy.

The two came back in time and KajiKaji's character tried to save him, but he decided to throw away being human. Ryuumajin...

How did main guy's eyes turn back to normal, according to the preview?

It's very weird when you talk about characters as their seiyus...not by their true names ...
Apr 23, 2021 10:20 PM

Oct 2017
The ultimate form of dragon knight is a hybrid of the three and it's pretty cool.
Apr 23, 2021 11:31 PM

Jan 2009
the final form of a Dragon Knight is badass eh

looks like next episode Dai will remember everything because of the sacrifice of Popp
Apr 23, 2021 11:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Baran:"Are you immortal?"
Crocodine easily said: nah, its just Hyunckel things.
Da hell? Its funny xd.
Idk but Poppu in the preview looked funny too. I hope its not and straight cool. Lets see.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 23, 2021 11:57 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg Baran's transformation at the end, it's becoming tenser and tenser, I hope they won't be killed by him now because he looks really OP ://
Apr 24, 2021 12:13 AM

Sep 2020
Welp I guess @phantomfandom finally got his wish granted to see Baran naked chest, what a sight to behold eh?

I always picture his dragon form to be green skin and it'd have been better than red, I love red but it doesn't really suit his dragon form lol I was right when I said that they saved the budget from last ep to focus on this one, especially Baran's transformation

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Apr 24, 2021 1:32 AM

Jun 2011
Great episode..

- We got Larhart's back story scene.

- Crocodine awesome stalling.. he even took 2x Giga breaks.

- Leona best support <3

- GURREN BARAN revealed.

badabass said:
Baran:"Are you immortal?"
Crocodine easily said: nah, its just Hyunckel things.
Da hell? Its funny xd.

I laughed at that line XD
Apr 24, 2021 3:38 AM
Sep 2015
Futari_no_Ossan said:
Welp I guess @phantomfandom finally got his wish granted to see Baran naked chest, what a sight to behold eh?

I always picture his dragon form to be green skin and it'd have been better than red, I love red but it doesn't really suit his dragon form lol I was right when I said that they saved the budget from last ep to focus on this one, especially Baran's transformation

My wish was only partially granted, I still want to see his chest as human, not Dragonoid. (And we all know that my end goal is naked!, not just shirtless LOL)

Talking about Dragonoid's color, I get that it has to be red otherwise it'd look similar to Hadler's green. I appreciate green too, after all I also love Hadler's muscle. But if Dragonoid is green too then the distinct between these two designs will be smaller.
Apr 24, 2021 4:17 AM

Sep 2007
Krokodine and Leona realizing Popp's true intentions remains an excellent scene. The plan "my life against your strength" is still badass.
In the manga Raiden directly attacks Leona without Baran aiming at her which suggests that it was automatic. Here it is definitely intentional on his part.
The final transformation was truly impressive. I've always seen the supa ryujin green in color but if the red it makes it look even more aggressive and threatening.
Apr 24, 2021 5:06 AM

Dec 2020
This episode was great and amazing !

Baran's ultimate form reminds me of God Rugal from capcom vs snk 2

Apr 24, 2021 8:24 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Holy shit, Baran went full berserker mode and transformed into a Dragonoid. The design for Baran's final form is somewhat similar to Dragon Ball GT's SS4 form.
Apr 24, 2021 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, love Hyunckel’s new armour. Really good and emotional episode. Baran and Hyunckel’s convo gave me goosebumps. Baran is really doing all this to avoid the pain of his wife’s death. But this won’t make him feel any better in the end.
Apr 24, 2021 10:04 AM

May 2018
Draganoid Baram more like paths Baram
Apr 24, 2021 11:15 AM

Mar 2010
Lolz Baran the dragon slayer? Can't even kill a kekcroc xD but damn now Baran seems like a manchild.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 24, 2021 12:22 PM

May 2015
As a lot of people here, I find the color scheme for the ryumajin really weird.
Apr 24, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Hyunckel's new armor was very interesting, baran surprised a lot with his transformation. I hope the Popp and Hyunckel to fight the next episodes.
removed-userApr 24, 2021 4:27 PM
Apr 24, 2021 8:33 PM

Oct 2008
god this show is getting better and as many have said, the greatness is just starting and the rest would be greater!
Nice Hyunckel was saved by Larthat! and a bit of power-up to him as well because of the spear offer.
Damn! Crocodine is a huge TANK!!!
ultimate form of Baran is a fusion hybrid of a Drahon, Darkling and Human! DAMN!!!
5/5.

Apr 25, 2021 4:18 AM

Jun 2015
All I ask for is Baran to now unleash some mega move and Dai to teleport in and hold up a finger and absorb it all, then give a few quick slaps to his dad to bring him back around. Now that would be some epic level tv showing. Alas although Dai seems on the move im not sure he has fully awakened yet.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 25, 2021 4:49 AM

Sep 2018
Well this arc is just a turning point of this series (I've been talking about this all this time, from the beginning of anime but many fans still dropped the show after watching some first eps, they found it kiddy-childish... lol), the best saga of all time is still coming...
And the colors of Ryuumajin make sense to me because
DragonKnight92Apr 25, 2021 5:43 AM
Apr 25, 2021 6:43 AM

Nov 2020
Apr 25, 2021 6:53 AM

Dec 2020
It's hard to decide which is better

Apr 25, 2021 7:16 AM

Nov 2020
That moment in the anime (the first image) is like: "Look, finally, after more than 30 years, Hyunckel gets the new armour!!" xDDD.
Apr 25, 2021 7:18 AM

May 2012
I like new Hyunckel armor because it is simple and does not hide his face. The old armor is too bulky
Apr 25, 2021 12:13 PM
Dec 2018
Baran ultimate Form

Apr 25, 2021 1:08 PM
Dec 2015
I prefer Hyunkel's old armour. Well not that the new one is bad.

Crocodyne is a fucking boss. The scene of him laughing was hilarious and awesome at the same time
Apr 25, 2021 6:56 PM

Nov 2018
Baran’s transformation was amazing. Kinda disappointed the episode ended so fast though.
Apr 26, 2021 12:06 PM
Aug 2013
I have a question regarding Fullheal Spell.

During this episode, Leona used Fullheal on Crocodine and said " I can't heal both your stamina and wound at the same time.." What does that mean ?
Shouldn't Fullheal be a healing spell for HP ? Does that mean she can choose to treat stamina, wound or both ?

And then Crocodine said he can fight as long as she treats his stamina.
What was the point in restoring his stamina there anyway if he was dying from his wounds ?

The same thing happened before when Baran hit Dai with his Gigabreak, Leona ended
up healing Dai's stamina only , but he seemed to be recovered from his wounds as well.
KaitoOkiDApr 26, 2021 12:20 PM
Apr 28, 2021 12:33 AM

Dec 2020
KaitoOkiD said:
I have a question regarding Fullheal Spell.

During this episode, Leona used Fullheal on Crocodine and said " I can't heal both your stamina and wound at the same time.." What does that mean ?
Shouldn't Fullheal be a healing spell for HP ? Does that mean she can choose to treat stamina, wound or both ?

And then Crocodine said he can fight as long as she treats his stamina.
What was the point in restoring his stamina there anyway if he was dying from his wounds ?

The same thing happened before when Baran hit Dai with his Gigabreak, Leona ended
up healing Dai's stamina only , but he seemed to be recovered from his wounds as well.

This has always been mysterious to me too.
Even in the manga she says that.
Maybe a dragonquest player has an answer about that.

Here's my theory :

- Behoma (full heal) is restoring all the HP of the target but not his SP (stamina point)

i think Crocodine uses his SP to focus on defense in order to be able to survive Baran's hits.

I think Leona meant :" I can restore your HP to full (until she's out of mp) BUT i can't restore your SP (when you'll be out of SP it will hurt)"
Le-ConteurApr 28, 2021 12:36 AM
Apr 28, 2021 2:03 PM

Dec 2020

I changed ryumajin's color by using photoshop
and i think the red and green color are the best choice for his design

Apr 29, 2021 8:24 PM

Dec 2020

I'm surprised that no one has asked why Baran didn't transform into ryuumajin while he was fighting
the legendary dragon ( velzar King of the Abyss)

i'm not sure if baran and velzar are on the same level

but all i know that velzar is one of the strongest creature in this anime
and he almost beat dragon knight ( almost killed him )

so it's really weird that baran didn't transform into his ultimate form against him

i believe the author made a huge mistake here ,
or most likely he forgot about it ... !

Apr 29, 2021 9:53 PM

Dec 2020

Vitamin_Z9 said:

I'm surprised that no one has asked why Baran didn't transform into ryuumajin while he was fighting
the legendary dragon ( velzar King of the Abyss)

i'm not sure if baran and velzar are on the same level

but all i know that velzar is one of the strongest creature in this anime
and he almost beat dragon knight ( almost killed him )

so it's really weird that baran didn't transform into his ultimate form against him

i believe the author made a huge mistake here ,
or most likely he forgot about it ... !

In the manga, the fight vs velzar is just one picture. Maybe he has transformed and it hasn't been shown. It is what i want to believe.
Apr 30, 2021 2:54 AM

Dec 2020
Le-Conteur said:

In the manga, the fight vs velzar is just one picture. Maybe he has transformed and it hasn't been shown. It is what i want to believe.

if he has transformed then he was supposed to be shirtless or topless :D
but of course , we're talking about shonen jump anime

and shonen has its own logic !

Apr 30, 2021 6:03 PM

Nov 2020
Great edits, Vitamin_Z9!
Apr 30, 2021 6:12 PM

Dec 2020
-Hyunckel- said:
Great edits, Vitamin_Z9!

Thanks dude, I appreciate it
Jul 22, 2021 5:46 AM
Oct 2019
Wow... I'm so amazed by this episode...
A lot has happened.

Holy Shit Kurokodain tanking Gigaburieku 2 times.

Whoever told me this arc was good, you ain't lying sir.
Feb 15, 2022 11:45 AM
May 2020
baran's dragonoid form looks hard man

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.