Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 23, 2021 10:14 PM
Mar 2014
This was just such a fantastic episode. Kept me on the edge of my seat always wondering if Kumoko was going to die despite that being highly unlikely. I've seen several people mention that the humans heading to the labyrinth would hopefully meet Kumoko yet the story episodes ago made it clear why this may not be likely (won't say incase they haven't figured it out).

Her mother was such a beast though. I never imagined she'd be level 89, my god. Her stats are crazy too. She also has heretic magic as well as dark magic though this isn't as strong as Kumoko's. Mother also has parallel minds as well. The only thing that Kumoko is even close to is probably magic strength and she's still thousands off. Unless this next evolution brings on some crazy new stats, I can't see how she'll fight mother and beat her, even if it was a 1 on 1 which it might not be. Excited to see more!
Apr 24, 2021 1:27 AM

Oct 2018
spaesu said:
... would be cool if they met kumoko.

I don't think they will. It seems the side of the story from Kumoko's POV actually took place 15 years ago, whereas Schlain is the one in the present. At least that's what I picked from just watching the show.

proof 1: All the reincarnated children (even the teacher) are the same age, meaning that everyone was reborn in the new world at the same time, even Kumoko; we've been watching Kumoko since her birth, but the other kids are already teenagers.

Proof 2: in ep. 10 Ronandt the mage tells the story of his encounter with the "Nightmare of the Labyrinth" 15 years ago, but Kumoko mentions how she tagged some humans she fought in the labyrinth -recently-.

Proof 3: Kumoko saves baby Sophia, however Schlain's party was attacked by a teenager Sophia (they're the same character).

Last extra bit: The girl that killed Julius the Hero. She's pale, white haired... And red eyed (which other character shares that color palette?); I paid attention to that scene and just for a single photogram before her attack, there were multiple gleams coming from her eye (what else has many eyes on this show?). The most mysterious character so far...
Apr 24, 2021 1:35 AM

Nov 2013
kumoko is still as annoying as ever but I gotta hand it to her she's really smart I thought shes done for good after mother set this trap also I'm curious to learn more about the puppet, how can one evolve into that?
Apr 24, 2021 2:35 AM
Apr 2021
This is the exact image of an Asian mom beating the hell out of her child because she is slacking off
Apr 24, 2021 3:05 AM

Oct 2007
creepy puppet..

that was an intense fight for survival for Kumoko.

lava zone proves useful as a safe haven, because other spiders cannot go there.
Apr 24, 2021 5:25 AM

Jun 2016
yoo that puppet spider is kinda creepy !!

but this episode is awesome !!

Apr 24, 2021 6:16 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ayyy that Phoenix Ikki reference in the middle of the episode made me chuckle.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 24, 2021 6:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally i got to see the puppet taratect from the opening. It was all according to the Mother's grand plan, sacrificed Mother's half mind and succeeded separating Kumoko parallel minds and made the little spider to even more sufferred. Its kinda ironic when to think about Kumoko and the worry about another thing, but ended up being the one at a huge trouble. Damn!

After having an intense and lot of thrilling unfair battle, the poor Kumoko at last survived back to the basic ground of the Labyrinth. Thanks to the specialize of spouting Kumoko got with all of Kumoko's magic and then the annihilating evil eyes skills, the battle has been done perfectly, i believe. Eh, don't forget its also triggered another evolution, make Kumoko to even more ready to challenge Mother for another round. Okay! What a good time!

Meanwhile, the human side also wanted to visit the Labyrinth too. Hmm, what kind of coincidence was that? Lets see next week!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 24, 2021 7:24 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Mother Taratect too big for the entrance? No problem, she just gonna make her own entrance. Jesus Christ, had to pause and look at her stats and oh boy is she dangerous. She also has parallel minds and it's fucking lvl 9, Mother is definitely smart, plus she also has taboo lvl 10, Mother has seen and done some shit. Those titles are hardcore as well.

Yesterday's enemy is today's friend, it's pretty cool how useful the middle stratum is for Kumoko now, when it used to be a death trap for her. Puppet Taratect is pretty cool, didn't expect that the one controlling it would be a tiny spider inside of the puppet. Kumoko can hold her own even without her parallel minds, though they were definitely useful. Oh shit, Kumoko evolution, let's go. I am assuming she's evolving to the one in the OP. Really looking forward to the next episode and how she'll deal with mother.

I guess Shun gang is going to the Elf Village, but they're gonna have to pass through Elroe, also looking forward to that.
Apr 24, 2021 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
Frank_86 said:
spaesu said:
... would be cool if they met kumoko.

I don't think they will. It seems the side of the story from Kumoko's POV actually took place 15 years ago, whereas Schlain is the one in the present. At least that's what I picked from just watching the show.

proof 1: All the reincarnated children (even the teacher) are the same age, meaning that everyone was reborn in the new world at the same time, even Kumoko; we've been watching Kumoko since her birth, but the other kids are already teenagers.

Proof 2: in ep. 10 Ronandt the mage tells the story of his encounter with the "Nightmare of the Labyrinth" 15 years ago, but Kumoko mentions how she tagged some humans she fought in the labyrinth -recently-.

Proof 3: Kumoko saves baby Sophia, however Schlain's party was attacked by a teenager Sophia (they're the same character).

Last extra bit: The girl that killed Julius the Hero. She's pale, white haired... And red eyed (which other character shares that color palette?); I paid attention to that scene and just for a single photogram before her attack, there were multiple gleams coming from her eye (what else has many eyes on this show?). The most mysterious character so far...
yeah idk how i forgot about the time gap lol my brain must've died but maybe kumoko still lives there or something, either way ittl be interesting to see how there fare in the labyrinth, could help us gauge their strength in comparison to kumoko.
Apr 24, 2021 10:49 AM
Feb 2021
Kumoko acts like an idiot but she has a lot of guts....it was amazing how she fought off all the arch spiders and mainly the puppet spider....frankly,she has some vibe like rimuru from tensei shittara slime datta ken.... though not that much but a slight part ig
Apr 24, 2021 1:17 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Bloody hell the puppet was more creepier looking than what I thought. Jesus...
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 24, 2021 2:32 PM
Jul 2020
Well that explains why last eps quality was so low, they were saving the budget for this one and it really paid off. Also added bonus of it being a Kumoko ep which I loved. Would like to have seen more of Sophia but as we’re getting her story from both start and 15yrs later I don’t mind it so much. Hope the battle with the Demon King they’ve teased in the opening gets the same level of treatment.
Apr 24, 2021 2:47 PM

Nov 2009
I really start to like this anime, maybe my score will go up to 8
Apr 24, 2021 2:55 PM
Jul 2012
I must have missed something - How did Kumoko heal her own injuries after using her Annihilating Evil Eye?
Apr 24, 2021 3:33 PM
Dec 2017
dxuhuang said:
I must have missed something - How did Kumoko heal her own injuries after using her Annihilating Evil Eye?

Kumoko fully recovers her HP and MP upon leveling up, which she did by killing the Arch Taratect on top of her with the Annihilating Evil Eye. It's understandably easy how people might miss it this time since only the fanfare for leveling up played but not the announcement.
Apr 24, 2021 10:13 PM

Apr 2018
What a tense fight, im glad that she made it through.
Apr 25, 2021 2:37 AM
Oct 2019
Now this is a Good Episode much much better than the last week.
Full Episode about Kumoko and I'm happy about it...
Apr 25, 2021 6:27 AM
Mar 2020
An episode Kumoko can have all to herself. Instant 5 stars!
Apr 25, 2021 3:25 PM

Apr 2011
Nice Saint Seiya reference in this episode.
Apr 25, 2021 5:15 PM

Jan 2017
NGL that Saint Seiya caught me off guard, I would like too know what % of they view understand that ref.

Also il not sure but when she leveled up the background music seemed to be from Matrix OST with some slight changes to not get copyright strike.
Apr 25, 2021 9:06 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread Cleaned.

Things to keep in mind going forward:

Refrain from going off-topic, remember that this is an episode discussion therefore posts should be episode specific.

Lastly, if someone is making an inflammatory remark, trolling, abusing, or spamming please ignore that user and send in a report.
Apr 26, 2021 5:43 AM
Oct 2019
dipItFoo said:
Thread Cleaned.

Things to keep in mind going forward:

Refrain from going off-topic, remember that this is an episode discussion therefore posts should be episode specific.

Lastly, if someone is making an inflammatory remark, trolling, abusing, or spamming please ignore that user and send in a report.

Thanks for cleaning up the mess...
Appreciate that.
Apr 26, 2021 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
bananaaaaaaaaas said:
Kareit said:
That was a really close one! Getting totally healed when leveling up I so convenient.

Why is it such a problem for Mom letting Kumoko out of the labyrinth, did they explain that previously?

In the novels, Kumoko started the attack on Mom's soul before she got out of the labyrinth, so it was retaliation really.

I am so happy someone explained this! I literally could not understand why her mother would care that she left the nest to the point of sending several offspring after her. Like, they eat their own young? Why would she care if she left? Not only that, but leaving the cave and going after her directly just to kill her. I didn't get it at all.

This makes slightly more sense.
Apr 26, 2021 7:17 AM

Jul 2013
billybub said:
MiaAyende said:
Now that's the ratio I like to see of Kumoko to human plot

dont understand why you people cant figure out there is no story without the humans. Dont get me wrong love me some Kumoko, but there's gotta be more than just her.

Could not agree more to be honest.

As fun as Kumoko's scenes are, I don't think I would have been able to survive 13 episodes of her grinding in that dark labyrinth. Truthfully, by episode 7, I was kind of over it. Also, hoping now that she's back in the labyrinth, we won't spend another 5+ episodes there. So, the human side serves as a nice reprieve and change of scenery.

There's also the added fact that the different timelines keeps the story interesting. This is all aside from the fact the human role in the plot and story is a major one.

One thing I do enjoy about Kumoko is her constant progress. It's satisfying watching her bit just to see her constantly evolving and getting stronger. There's a nice balance in that, and the slow stagnant pace of the human side is kind of what makes Kumoko's story feel so special and enjoyable.
Apr 27, 2021 8:15 PM

Nov 2009
mangaka-ish said:
billybub said:

dont understand why you people cant figure out there is no story without the humans. Dont get me wrong love me some Kumoko, but there's gotta be more than just her.

Actually, there's still a story even without the Humans constantly popping up. Just a bit less.

If you want, read the manga, it's 80% focused on Kumo and 20% Humans.

Whereas Novel and Anime is almost 50:50 Kumo and Humans.

___ ___ ___

And yea, they sorta swapped around the Mother Spider scene. Kumo attacked her right as she was fighting Araba.

But I guess they wanted to make it so it sorta goes in a straight line of Araba to Mother instead of it being together.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 28, 2021 6:00 AM

Jul 2013
amlg said:
mangaka-ish said:

Actually, there's still a story even without the Humans constantly popping up. Just a bit less.

If you want, read the manga, it's 80% focused on Kumo and 20% Humans.

Whereas Novel and Anime is almost 50:50 Kumo and Humans.

___ ___ ___

And yea, they sorta swapped around the Mother Spider scene. Kumo attacked her right as she was fighting Araba.

But I guess they wanted to make it so it sorta goes in a straight line of Araba to Mother instead of it being together.

From my perspective as an anime only, the story is weaker and a bit more dull without the humans, which I kind of explained why I personally feel this way in that previous comment. I'm sure people who have read the other sources may disagree, but from my own perspective and place of enjoyment, that's the case.
Apr 28, 2021 4:39 PM
Jul 2013
Now that is my kind of episode
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Apr 29, 2021 4:47 PM
Apr 2021
It is somewhat tangled because according to the novel everything was going differently (order of events).
Apr 29, 2021 4:58 PM
Dec 2017
Narutohabieru said:
It is somewhat tangled because according to the novel everything was going differently (order of events).

Only episodes 13 and 14 changed the order of events, this episode was a straight adaptation of the novel word by word.

I guess the only difference would be that in the novel the Arch step on Kumoko rather than crush her. IMO crushing Kumoko with the Arch's body makes more sense because the Arc's legs would impale Kumoko, not crush her.
Apr 30, 2021 9:34 PM
Aug 2017
Bruh MOTHER IS OP!!! and she did pretty good without her Parallel Minds!! Kumoko chan SAIKO!!!🌞👍
May 13, 2021 6:50 AM

Aug 2013
Intense fight. Mother isn't joking around. And she's huge.
Good thing Kumoko survived. Now she needs to take down mother.

Jun 4, 2021 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Mother is surprisingly smart. This was definitely the closest call for the MC so far.
Jun 11, 2021 11:51 AM

Feb 2018
Took an eternity to leave the first cave just for it to go back to it again and again, crap.
Jun 23, 2021 9:35 PM
Oct 2019
i'm so over these ridiculous spider battles. says she's never going back to the labyrinth, then immediately proceeds to teleport back to the labyrinth --- TWICE

so they have to cross the labyrinth to get to the elf village. didn't the elf teacher go to the elf village several times? they certainly never made it out to be some dangerous journey back then. also, i guess our reincarnates are going to stumble across spider girl finally...whoops, wait. nope. they're 15 years after spider girl, my bad
Jun 23, 2021 10:54 PM
Jun 2021
HagePotPotato said:
i'm so over these ridiculous spider battles. says she's never going back to the labyrinth, then immediately proceeds to teleport back to the labyrinth --- TWICE

so they have to cross the labyrinth to get to the elf village. didn't the elf teacher go to the elf village several times? they certainly never made it out to be some dangerous journey back then. also, i guess our reincarnates are going to stumble across spider girl finally...whoops, wait. nope. they're 15 years after spider girl, my bad

Kumoko wants to live freely, not being controled by anyone. And the labyrinth is the only place she can teleport if she wants to flee Mother (and the lava is very good for killing enemies ;) ).
Aug 18, 2021 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
groudonvert said:
HagePotPotato said:

Kumoko wants to live freely, not being controled by anyone. And the labyrinth is the only place she can teleport if she wants to flee Mother (and the lava is very good for killing enemies ;) ).

talk about lack of common sense (cause what u said is common sense) i mean him cause its so clear why she did that, i expect a kid to say what he said but i don't think hes a kid and i mean below 12 kid

just saying my thoughts out loud
Sugram22Aug 18, 2021 2:00 PM
Sep 17, 2021 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
I've been mistaken into thinking Araba was one of the stronger ones in the dungeon as apparently he's a lot weaker (by far) than Mother. That puppet spider was creepy yet also cool concept in a way

Apr 1, 2022 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
Siblings will always be good!

And also, NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR MOTHER IN ANY WAY
Jun 24, 2023 9:36 AM
May 2023
It's Amazing, also i think it's very underappreciated i mean i suppose people don't think that i would be great cause of the whole spider thing BUT YOUR WRONG its one of my favourite anime out there and I'm really begging for a season 2 which i don't often feel that way when there hasn't been any response on one but for this one im literally going to lose it if they say there's no season 2.
Sep 1, 2023 4:14 PM
Oct 2016
This show has got it hooks into me. Im really enjoying this take on the genre compared to a run of the mill isekai anime
Dec 16, 2023 7:57 AM

Nov 2023
w well that was really certain monsters of intelligence
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

365 by perfumegenius »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

11 by Valenstine »»
Mar 29, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.