Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2021 1:21 AM

Jan 2009
this is the biggest problem of this manga imo there is just too much wasted characters because of how too many the characters are especially Inasa and Camie that have powerful quirks like wind control and giving hallucinations like Aizen from Bleach does

damn what a shame
Apr 21, 2021 1:43 AM

Jul 2020
The worldbuilding is the weakest aspect in Mha.
You can see the characters from Shiketsu High in chapter 308 but we only get a glimpse of it.

Black clover in just around 50 episodes went beyond Clover kingdom,exploring different places,etc but Mha even after 309 chapters just keeps the worldbuilding inside of UA and One for all,that's it.It had great potential to introduce other heroes beyond Japan.How the system of Heroes work in other countries,the technology,etc,etc but it didn't do anything about that except for the Meta liberation army but that's about it.It never went beyond the MLA in terms of world building.

It just feels like Hori is really lazy to extend the worldbuilding.

But you have to admit the worldbuilding inside of One for all is really amazing.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 21, 2021 1:50 AM

Jul 2020
Also Hori could've easily brought back Deku's middle school classmates,the ones who used tobully him,like,he could've shown their reaction when they are watching Deku in TV during UA High's sports festival

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 21, 2021 2:16 AM

Mar 2020
They might have been guarding the other escape routes of the villa and to be fair even if Horikoshi decides to give screentime or development only to the main cast then I will gladly accept it because "more characters more trouble" will be avoided. Yes I agree that if he couldn't handle such a large cast then he shouldn't have introduced them but looks like he learnt from his mistakes and he is focussing on the main cast instead of the side characters that much. Maybe the anime adaptation will show us at least a glimpse of them.
Apr 21, 2021 2:19 AM

Mar 2020
Scordolo said:

You can see the characters from Shiketsu High in chapter 308 but we only get a glimpse of it.
They are from Ketsubutsu Academy.
Apr 21, 2021 2:56 AM

Jul 2020
i_m_a_con_man said:
Scordolo said:

They are from Ketsubutsu Academy.

Ah,the names sounds so gibberish lmao.
"Maybe the anime adaptation will show us at least a glimpse of them."
I wish.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 21, 2021 8:47 AM

Dec 2013
I assume helping evacuations somewhere else. It's too bad that they weren't really shown at all.
Apr 21, 2021 10:51 AM

Mar 2010
Scordolo said:

Black clover in just around 50 episodes went beyond Clover kingdom,exploring different places,etc but Mha even after 309 chapters just keeps the worldbuilding inside of UA and One for all,that's it.It had great potential to introduce other heroes beyond Japan.How the system of Heroes work in other countries,the technology,etc,etc but it didn't do anything about that except for the Meta liberation army but that's about it.It never went beyond the MLA in terms of world building.

But you have to admit the worldbuilding inside of One for all is really amazing.

Instead of worldbuilding which introduces even more characters
Hori should hold onto and build the characters that he has already created. That's what the OP is hinting towards as well.

But i understand your point as well, it would be logical for instance to get some assistance with the issue of villains from outside countries as well. That would require a bigger worldbuilding like you said.

Overall, recently i believe Horikoshi went too fast forward with his plot. I read somewhere that MHA was not planned to run for a long time like other bigger shounen are, so perhaps he is starting to wrap it up.. which is sad..

Also you might want to look into Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals if you haven't already. I haven't read past chapter 43 (i once read it and caught up and put it on hold) but it does introduce an extra layer to the world of MHA.
Apr 21, 2021 11:07 AM

Jan 2020
Making every character relevant during a war arc isn't easy

Apr 21, 2021 3:12 PM
May 2018
ManWild said:
Making every character relevant during a war arc isn't easy

It's not easy, but at least in my opinion it's the best case escenario to highlight characters since normally at a war there's a lot of action going on continually and at various places. The saga of city at war from TMNT vol. 1 is still one of the best examples of how to make a "war saga" and I think bnha did it fairly competent, but bnha has way too many characters at this point to do it and not extend it too much I think.
Fabrizio00Apr 21, 2021 3:16 PM
Apr 21, 2021 9:33 PM

Jul 2020
@Lylaaz yeah,I heard the main story of Mha was supposed to end how Heroes rising ended that's sad to hear.Now I understand why Deku's hidden power thing was too forced and too sudden without any build up but certainly not plot holes at all.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 22, 2021 8:19 AM

Jul 2020
Lylaaz said:
Scordolo said:

Hori should hold onto and build the characters that he has already created. That's what the OP is hinting towards as well.

But i understand your point as well, it would be logical for instance to get some assistance with the issue of villains from outside countries as well. That would require a bigger worldbuilding like you said.

Overall, recently i believe Horikoshi went too fast forward with his plot. I read somewhere that MHA was not planned to run for a long time like other bigger shounen are, so perhaps he is starting to wrap it up.. which is sad..

Also you might want to look into Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals if you haven't already. I haven't read past chapter 43 (i once read it and caught up and put it on hold) but it does introduce an extra layer to the world of MHA.

So if the series was planned to be long running from the beginning do you think the world building would've extended beyond Japan,UA and One for all?

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 24, 2021 11:03 AM

Mar 2010
Scordolo said:
Lylaaz said:

So if the series was planned to be long running from the beginning do you think the world building would've extended beyond Japan,UA and One for all?

In the world of what-if's everything is possible :D This is something you should ask from the author.
About your other comment, i also read somewhere that that was somehow Horikoshi's initial plan to end to series but why are you sad? I'm really glad he didn't chose to end the series that way. I seriously hope OFA isn't a quirk you just pass on to your buddies and that Hori will write something else instead.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

23 by em4sx2020 »»
Apr 16, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

50 by marquinti2 »»
Apr 14, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 418 Discussion

deg - Mar 28

17 by marquinti2 »»
Apr 14, 9:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 371 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 27, 2022

41 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 12, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 370 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 19, 2022

42 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 7, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.