Forum Settings
Forums

Have you been through a phase where you'll dislike a person online because they said bad things about your favorite anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 21, 2021 6:38 AM

Aug 2018
GreenPlatinum said:
Opticflash said:
Not my favorite anime (far from it) but I've argued with a few people regarding Redo of Healer. I probably lost countless brain cells reading the stupidity and belligerence coming out of two or three people.

Let's be honest we were arguing past each other. You clearly didn't understand the place my arguments were coming from and I got sidetracked following the resulting tangent.

Ontopic: People don't even watch my favourite anime.

Oh I understood where you were coming from, but don't worry you weren't one of the guys I severely disliked.
Apr 21, 2021 6:44 AM

Jul 2020
I can say for sure that I once like that with Naruto, but I wouldn't lash out at someone, rather I would just keep it to myself and I would always get pissed off when people said bad things about Naruto; but now I just don't care too much about that, if anything it makes me interested in why the person may think that way for disliking that certain anime that I like
Zackack99Apr 21, 2021 8:17 AM
Apr 21, 2021 6:45 AM
Nov 2020
Scordolo said:
Edit:Because of the responses I'll edit the title.

I'll admit I've been through a phase like that.I saw a review of Demon slayer and that user gave it a 5 and I was very shocked that for sometime I've started disliking that person.Now that I've watched more anime I can easily notice the major flaws Demon slayer has.The same can be said for My hero academia and Tokyo ghoul.

Boku no Hero is poo poo. You can hate me now
Apr 21, 2021 6:52 AM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Also not caring about other opinions? This is a forum guys.

Literally this. Genuinely wonder why people log in the forum in the first place if they don't care about other people's opinion.
Apr 21, 2021 7:11 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Depends on how annoying they are about it. I don't mind interacting with people who dislike stuff I like, but if they need to constantly remind me of that fact then I'm going to get tired of it, or if they're mean-spirited about it.

If all I ever see you do is bag on shit I like or if you're a dickhead about it, no, I won't want to be your friend. It creates distance and irritation that I'm not interested in trying to solve.

Apr 21, 2021 7:53 AM

Mar 2021
No, that seems incredibly childish
Apr 21, 2021 7:59 AM

Nov 2018
I would rant about it but no more than that. We are all enjoyers so i don't really take it personally
Y'all be good folks, Lolis are Beautiful Angels.

Apr 21, 2021 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Short answer: NO

Long answer: Chances are high that while X person hates on my favorite, I'll probably hate on his/her favorite.

So in conclusion -> MAKE LOVE NOT WAR
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...
Apr 21, 2021 8:02 AM

Jan 2021
Honestly no, I’m not the type of person that cares, it doesn’t really bother me much.
Apr 21, 2021 8:11 AM

Jan 2017
We've all been there, but in my case, it would probably me being young and immature but now I am grown up I realized that all of us might not agree on something, and that's okay because, in the end, it's all about what one prefers and not shoving your preferences onto others because I believe that all of us being different in tastes and preferences is what makes this community fun and exciting.
Apr 21, 2021 8:14 AM

Jan 2015
I don't go around my day thinking about some opinion or hating on the one who expressed it. However if a brigading hater that shits on stuff just because it's popular was sinking I would throw him a dumbbell. I guess I just hate elitists (in every medium).
Apr 21, 2021 8:20 AM
Jul 2020
Don't remember, And don't care lol..
Apr 21, 2021 8:26 AM

Oct 2015
"I don't care about others' opinion! Also let me spend hours and hours of my time discussing things and reading others' opinion, evaluating it and responding to them!"

Very persuasive guys.

OT: Obviously depends on the attitude, the rationale and how often do you like voicing the said opinion. If you go out of your way to watch/read BL with the sole reason of shitting on them in the episode discussion threads/reviews and your given reasoning is literally what a show of that description is supposed to be doing anyway then fuck outta here with that BS.
Apr 21, 2021 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
ngl people crying about nagatoro do be kinda pathetic
Apr 21, 2021 10:19 AM

Feb 2021
Not really, unless if it’s some dumb elitist commenting on my overall taste in anime, not just one in particular. It’s kinda silly, like I couldn’t care less about what they think, I’ll keep binging long shonens until I die.
Apr 21, 2021 10:27 AM
Apr 2021
I only hate people who I think have harmful values.
Not people who dislike a show I like, if they're an asshole about it tho then it annoys me.
And I guess sometimes they might dislike a show because they hold harmful values.

But it's never about just the show.
Apr 21, 2021 10:27 AM

Sep 2020
Yes, I'm just wondering when my phase will end.
Apr 21, 2021 10:34 AM
Sep 2018
Yup so the best way is just get about your day and just accept thats their own opinon, not yours...
Apr 21, 2021 10:41 AM

Jan 2021
I don't remember hating people for that reason, I just don't really care
What I do dislike is people who think they are God, that only their opinion counts and if we think differently than them, we are short minded
Really, I've seen people like that and they irritate me
Apr 21, 2021 10:42 AM

May 2018
I despise those who dislike people for disliking their favorite shows. It's disgusting.

Apr 21, 2021 10:54 AM
Apr 2021
Clas1ck said:
I don't remember hating people for that reason, I just don't really care
What I do dislike is people who think they are God, that only their opinion counts and if we think differently than them, we are short minded
Really, I've seen people like that and they irritate me

Those are basically the people I meant too with people who have shitty values.
Like if you enjoy or don't enjoy something it's fine, but some people decide to take it five steps further and call people incels etc because they like shows or characters they don't.

Like at that point it's no longer just an opinion anymore.
Apr 21, 2021 7:59 PM

Jan 2020
I've done this once and I hate how I have. It's super rare and almost never happens but depending on how they word stuff, there can be a possibility.

Apr 21, 2021 8:05 PM

Feb 2021
Such trivial thing doesn't bother me. I get that not everyone shares the same taste as me, so people having different opinions is normal.

I'm more confused as to how anyone can hate someone for mocking their favorite anime. Childish.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 21, 2021 8:07 PM

Feb 2021
GothPuppy said:
ngl people crying about nagatoro do be kinda pathetic
I don't hate her for being underage or has a black skin; I only hate her because she's annoying. Does that count?
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 21, 2021 8:13 PM

Aug 2018
No . Idc what people hate or enjoy . People opinion about good or bad anime never matter to me anyway.
Apr 21, 2021 8:15 PM

Oct 2015
If he has valid criticisms, no. Why would I? But if he's just straight up being a hater and a troll, yeah. That's annoying as hell...
WNightfallApr 21, 2021 8:22 PM
Jun 1, 2021 8:42 PM

Sep 2020
yes, but what makes me even hate him more because not only he said bad things,he put it out of spectrum,yes, fucking out of spectrum,every anime in the top 100 except my favs(Aot) are rated higher while aot lower,not only that,he even has a fucking retarded take,like Code Geass(9)>LOGH(4), Sao s2 first half is bad,but the 2nd half is creative, CREATIVE???? HOW?? he even put sao s2 the same score like aot and 1 point lower than logh,(4)

2.He put a "bitch" heroine yes,this fucker put a bitch as their pfp and waifu,after finishing fate visual novel in youtube and losing brain cells because she make me rage quit,i tried it and finish the playthrough,with the risk i lose my memory and quarter of my braincells

But if someone said bad things but yet still neutral or liked it,i don't hate him
Jun 1, 2021 8:46 PM

Dec 2020
no. Idc it's their opinion and they can like/dislike whatever they want
La_nJun 5, 2021 4:13 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 1, 2021 8:59 PM

Jan 2020
I just don't care about negative opinions,1 spammers of my favourite show as long as they don't taste shame me or insult me it's just then I will dislike such person we all have our own opinions afterall things they like may be 1/10 in my opinion too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2021 9:00 PM

May 2021
would never do so, i just dismiss its opinion since most of the people have inferior taste anyways

Jun 1, 2021 9:04 PM
Aug 2020
IrishReigen said:
To be honest... I am in that phase, Someone said they didn't like eva and i disliked them for like a week, Im very sensitive.

that's reasonable because it's eva. Anyone hating on Eva is objectively wrong.
Jun 1, 2021 9:10 PM

Oct 2018
No because I can understand why some people don’t like this and that. Some make valid points.

♔ 𝘴𝘦𝘵 © 𝘫𝘢𝘺
Jun 1, 2021 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
It depends on how they express their dislike for the show. If they're giving a well thought out analysis of it, then I'll respect their criticism. But I don't like people who just hate on a show and aren't open to discussion about their criticisms.
Jun 1, 2021 9:23 PM
Aug 2020
never seriously. I have been frustrated with people who like my least favorite animes though.

although that's usually because I'd very much dislike the person regardless of their anime opinions.

I'm right, you're wrong.
Jun 1, 2021 9:24 PM
Feb 2019
oh ya it was at my early period of seeing anime then i loved fairy tail now also and then i was getting so many hate for no reason but now i just ignore that all hate
Jun 1, 2021 9:26 PM

Feb 2020
Yes, if they putting extra effort and coming at the way to profile comment section to say that or give me a private message about it when I never asked or people quoting me in forum out of topic to tell me my favorites are shit.
It not a phase, hating trolls is never a phase

I am fine with people who keep their hate to themself, but then again I was mostly always fine with that kind of people.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 1, 2021 9:27 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
No, I don't care how other people feel about series I like, it doesn't bother me one bit.
Jun 1, 2021 9:28 PM

Jul 2020
Hell no, that's just sounds so cringe and corny.
Jun 1, 2021 9:47 PM

Aug 2019
i dont think i ever was that childish, even back when i was 9 lol. i used to spend a lotta time here & simply ask what they didn't like about it.

toxicity & elitists died long time ago. lets keep it that way :D
Jun 2, 2021 1:31 AM

Apr 2020
Yes, years ago when I was younger and an "anime elitist".

I wasted hours debating why my "pseudo-intellectual" works are perfect and anyone who says something against them is a complete idiot. And of course I crushed their favorites and wrote to everyone to tell them what their shit taste was.

You know it, the usual elitist scenes. Thank god I'm out of there.
Jun 2, 2021 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
I get pissed at them for a fraction of second and then move on with my life.
Jun 2, 2021 1:43 AM

Aug 2019
nah because chances are they have something on their favorites that I think is complete dog shit, at the end of the day everyone has opinions so it’s inevitable someone will dislike something you like
Jun 2, 2021 1:43 AM

Oct 2019
It only happens to me when for example they watch only 13 episodes of gintama and don't even bother getting into it and review the first part as the boring part and think the rest of the anime is like that. Like if someone reviews a 24 episode anime but they watched only 6 episodes, I am just here a little mad wondering why the fuck would you review an anime for the public eye when you barely watched it
Jun 2, 2021 2:24 AM

Jul 2019
damn, I can't say I can relate. lowkey don't remember anyone I hated because of this.
Jun 2, 2021 2:47 AM

Jun 2020
I can’t even rmb what/ the last person who @ me/I argued with on forums lol so nah.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 2, 2021 2:52 AM

May 2021
Well, Wolf's Rain for me is more than just a most favorite anime, it's one of the two most impactful things I've experienced in my entire life (yes, stronger than love and all that stuff). So, if someone is going to shit on it for fun or prod me like that, they're gonna get it from me sooner or later, make no mistake. It's kind of a personal insult, in this case. But, as far as other favorites concerned, no, I don't dislike people for that and I'm very interested in hearing their reasoning for disliking stuff that I like.

Auron_ said:
If you go out of your way to watch/read BL with the sole reason of shitting on them in the episode discussion threads/reviews and your given reasoning is literally what a show of that description is supposed to be doing anyway then fuck outta here with that BS.

Seems like a weird trend, to be honest, or at least it was sometime ago. I've stumbled upon tons of YouTube videos, for example, created for the sole purpose of saying how horrible and ewww BL is, even though it's obvious those people would say that even without watching/reading it. Maybe I was just unlucky to encounter such things.
Jun 2, 2021 2:54 AM

Sep 2020
No I don't really care if someone insults my anime I'll just laugh it off and just make a joke about how its good and then just leave it there
Jun 3, 2021 12:47 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
No, I don't care what others think about my favorite anime at all. I'm just here to waste some time, not to take things too seriously and get upset.
Jun 3, 2021 2:16 AM

Feb 2020
Nope. They just have their own opinion and it's okay. For example,most of the people like Boruto and I don't,that's my own opinion and maybe it can change so yeah. I will just dislike person if they say that they don't want to watch anime beacuse of animation,I think it's stupid. Every animation is great in it's own way. Again this is my personal opinion so don't get mad or smth.
Jun 3, 2021 5:03 AM

Apr 2020
No. Whenever a case like that happens, I say to myself that I'm not a 5 year old child as soon as possible
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

45 by LostSpectre »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

108 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
5 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

19 by MasterTasuke »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 51 minutes ago

7 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

65 by LostSpectre »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.