Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2021 2:13 PM

May 2018
deafnote said:

Tired of turning my volume all the way up just to hear Jin's voice. Mumbling mfer.

He was recording with a face mask, and trying to apply social distancing, even from the mic

Apr 20, 2021 4:03 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Sawa finally got revenge, but it won't give her any closure. As long she is alive there will always be some after her because of her blue blood. The question how is she going to move on from this and what is she going to do with Asahi. I didn't expect Tsukishima to be a double agent, but I'm curious to see where the story goes from here.
Apr 20, 2021 4:29 PM

Jan 2021
Everything in this show is a laughing stock. It’s definitely one of those “it’s so bad it’s funny shows.” At least I get enjoyment out of this one, unlike a certain other anime airing this season.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 20, 2021 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
A the fight had a lot of prominence in Yukimura with their desire for revenge I really liked that in the episode, after all it was a good fight.
Apr 20, 2021 5:13 PM
Mar 2021
I just wish that MCs would stop acting stupid by trusting the words of their sworn enemy. Moreso one who has already shown to be untrustworthy in all regards.

"Stop your lifelong revenge, stay and be my slave, I'll save xyz's life, you can trust me even though I killed everyone in your village except you, and I'm actively working as a terrorist leader to bring down the Gov"

Rrrrriiiight, last I remember the title wasn't Dudley Do Right...
Apr 20, 2021 5:16 PM

Jan 2020
Like many around here, I don't understand what is happening, I mean, did Jerome die so fast?

Another thing, although neither Jin nor Elena could enter the building because they "were going to melt", and that then Sawa would be fine because she is a supernatural being, what do they tell me about Asahi? ... If she doesn't get hurt badly from there, or it is not from the Sawa clan and therefore "resists" the flames, I think I'm going to leave this anime, there are many loose ends

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Apr 20, 2021 5:51 PM
Jun 2015
It's like the people behind this think the only way to tell a story is through convoluted narratives and plot twists.

When her brother tells her not to die, I asked myself why. From the standpoint of the show so far, Sawa's, and by proxy Asahi's story and motivations have been completed. Sawa got her revenge, and so now, according to her logic, Asahi can get her's. In a much better show, their relationship wold have been more complex and we would have seen more time spent between them outside of talk of revenge and killing. But, here? Why not just let her die when the story set up for her is completed?
Apr 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Nov 2017
Well she got her revenge pretty fast...4 episodes in and 8 left.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Apr 20, 2021 6:43 PM

Nov 2015
That double agent thing was kind of confusing. It seemed rather abrupt. The being a double agent for the villain was handled fairly well but double crossing the villain suddenly was weird.

Wonder where this anime is headed now since the main plot has kind of concluded already.
Apr 20, 2021 7:24 PM

Jun 2015
Really cool how this show has improved in direction and animation. 2 great episode in a row to put end the starting revenge plot, now the doble agent maybe be the villain or Tokugawa himself. I don't think this take the route of explore the post revenge period and the searching of porpose.
But I really want to see what next
Apr 20, 2021 9:38 PM

Mar 2012
FMmatron said:
When you instinctively turn your brain off, then you know a show is ass.
Why turn off your brain? Nothing particularly wrong with the plot thus far
Apr 20, 2021 9:55 PM

Oct 2012
AsterDogma said:

Also, people, don't write reviews about the story and characters with only one month into the series, give it a rest. It really is weird seeing reviews about something you clearly have no idea if it will evolve to have a good (to decent) story.

I agree that it's silly but you should really be addressing MAL. It's their design that allows early reviews and then indirectly encourages them by putting the reviews with the most up-votes at the top -- those just happen to be the ones that were out longer. I'd welcome a more sane system that measures a reviews quality. My policy is to ignore them by my no-vote has zero impact.
Apr 20, 2021 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
Lol, is good that her revenge didnt eent through all the serie, was saying book 1, means now we will go into book 2 or so
Please do not forget the red hair chick that appeared too
I like how ppl just dive in conclusion like they know all
Chill ppl, are still 8 eps left and a lot to come
Is time to see a development in characters too
The spider is watching
Apr 21, 2021 4:27 AM

Feb 2019
Kind of a weird episode on an overall story front that mostly make me wonder what exactly the show is going to do from here. She kills the big bad and brings basically every major plot thread to this point to a close, leaving just the sort of random setting stuff lingering. On top of that, it ends with her realizing maybe she needs to keep taking care of the kid, but not the actual satisfying emotional moment where she actually does that, showing the finality and closure.

This is in addition to the usual janky moments of writing in the episode, featuring bomb dogs, turning into a giant snake (literally never helps), dumping her on the floor while unconscious just so you can invite her to shackle herself, and the shocking reveal that… some dude is still alive. Apparently it's her brother? Have we even seen this dude to this point? Were we really supposed to recognize him? Thought for a bit that he was being set up to be the new big bad out of craziness and also give her a new quest, but he just tosses a shockingly explosive vial and then milks the death scene.

But it was more back to the action side, didn't rant or exposit at length over the double cross or even disarmament of lightsaber girl, and wasn't a bad episode overall. It was just a really unsatisfactory ending to this opening arc that also didn't give any kind of direction as to where the story or characters will be going from here.
Apr 21, 2021 4:43 AM

Jul 2016
FMmatron said:

It just seems to be doing to0o much and too little at the same time...
Apr 21, 2021 6:45 AM
May 2017
Wow did they mess up the order of the episodes? This felt like a final ep

Pretty great stuff, I was a 100% sure they would pull the usual sht that main villain and mc are meeting early in the series, main villain be like "my job here is done" and flies away... Then they fight again in the final ep.

Anyways I really appreciate an anime that can surprise me, apparently it is not just a simple revenge story.
Apr 21, 2021 6:54 AM

Oct 2016
I thought Janome would be the main antagonist of the whole show, I guess he's just the main antagonist for this arc. Honestly don't know what Yuki will do now, except maybe take care of Asahi. The fight itself was great though, the art and animation was pretty solid.

Tsukishiro definitely took off with the blood samples, wonder what he'll do with them. I think Tsukishiro doesn't have any allegiances, her only allegiance is herself lmao. But, she did help Yuki so I don't think she's evil or anything, just idealistic. Damn, how many years has Yuki's brother been there. Well, honestly don't really know what's gonna happen next so, I'm looking forward to that.
Apr 21, 2021 1:23 PM
Sep 2020
Swagernator said:
So the lord voldemort wanted the main chick's blood because he can't replicate it properly (even tho he had all this time main's girls brother to use for his experiments ?), to "help the country" as it is usual motive with villians like this ...

And the dude, who was actually a chick was a double spy all this time becasue ? something ? Hmm .. this episode was kinda all animation and nothing more. Im kinda missing motives of some characters.
the dude who's a chick did say that she just wanted the main girl to get freed from her burdens. But damn was this episode all over the place the direction was not it chief.
Apr 21, 2021 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
I like the anime but it's starting to feel like a michael bay creation. With all the awesome fight scenes,effects and visuals at some point it needs to have substance and a coherent plot. I'm hoping for some backstories for the rest of the cast in the following episodes and probably a huge exposition so I can grasp what the fuck is really going on because I'm confused in a good entertained way.
Janethan23Apr 21, 2021 4:18 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 21, 2021 5:36 PM

Sep 2020
I guess this episode concludes the first ''book'' and from the next episode bigger troubles will arise for Sawa.
Could the sitting shogun, a character yet to be shown but apparently despised by many, be Sawa's next target?
Apr 21, 2021 7:44 PM

Aug 2015
I felt like we went from episode 3 to 11 with nothing in between.
Apr 21, 2021 10:10 PM

Oct 2008
Janome really ded? well that was fast...
4/5.

Apr 21, 2021 11:39 PM
Feb 2017
I feel genuinely lost with this episode. I have a few questions like why did orochimaru 2.0 want Sawa when he already had her brother? What exactly even was the reason for revealing the double agent's gender and acting like it was a big deal? Why did they even become a double agent? Also how did the brother even know that the two viles kept on the table would help destroy orochimaru 2.0???

The animation was good in this episode but everything else was just so fast paced and weird that I couldn't help but laugh towards the end.
Apr 22, 2021 4:28 AM
Nov 2020

I tried to give this anime a shot bc the first episode was amazing , the animation is beautiful and I like the op. but EP 3& 4 are just really bad imo. like I even felt like a sense of " oh I have to watch this" as if it were a task. and I wanted to give it a chance because it sounds like it could be interesting, but it's just trying so hard to be something that it is completely missing the mark. like I wanna like the MC but are you kidding me?? that fight with the snake guy?? what the heck was that? like it was so pathetic and then all of a sudden she's up and at em?? like it didn't make sense. and don't get me wrong I understand that like not every MC can win and they'll get hurt yada yada yada but it just made no sense whatsoever and honestly was a diservice towards the MC. like she's supposed to be a baddie and yet she was flailing around barely getting any shots in until other characters have her some help??? like excuse me, it just feels like the fight should've been reversed. It's genuinely trying so hard to to so many things and it's just so confusing and doesn't have any substance. like I thought that this was going to be like guy wrenching with lots of moral dilemmas and tragedy but instead we get characters with zero development and zero personality doing random things for what?

Apr 22, 2021 6:19 AM

Feb 2011
Although there are some flaws in this show, this was a good episode, i dig this animation as well. I didn't enjoy how the fight went at all, she has trained ber whole life for this and thats how it went? Idk something is missing there.
It felt like the last episode tbh but i guess its just the end of"chapter 1" like they mention on the beggining of each episode. I don't know why that didn't cross my mind before but it makes a lot of sense that his brother has been feeding janome with his blood for long years. Welp she got her revenge and now what? She can't end all of this and die because she has got a kid to save. Well lets see where this goes next week..
Apr 22, 2021 7:34 AM

Jun 2019
Little Sawa was so cute. Well, that episode was pretty interesting. Sawa got the revenge she was looking for. Janome is also dead and Asahi is also safe. Too bad Sawa's brother will not be able to survive.
Apr 22, 2021 9:47 AM

Aug 2020
Is so sort battle but so intense fight battle between Sawa and Janome. I'm kidda disappointed for that, but the plot and some surprises makes it more better than that.

And again wait for another week to the unknown plot.

Apr 22, 2021 3:02 PM
Feb 2021
Amazing episode!! Sawa faces janome and fought him bravely..the actions were sugoi! and the animation is great like always....hope to get better storyline in the next episode❣️
Apr 22, 2021 8:12 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Sawa was basically an idiot in her choices in this episode.

1. Become a captive and donate blood to Mr Bad Guy who killed your village. Meanwhile baby girl becomes a captive and gets bad things done to her.

OR

2. Kill Mr Bad Guy before he becomes all empowered. That gets your village revenge done. Meanwhile baby girl probably gets smashed by the snakes....the same baby girl you planned to kill anyway earlier in the series. The same baby girl that wanted (and tried) to kill you earlier in the series.

Hmmmm.....one way you get revenge and Mr Bad is dead. Baby girl is spared a nasty existance as a captive of the madman. The other way nothing gets done and you aid Mr Bad in his world domination. Not a hard choice in that moment.
Apr 22, 2021 10:12 PM
Oct 2020
After this episode I feel everything is all over the place. Sawa easily giving up in front of the man who killed her family. Makoto betrayal and not killing Jin then later helping Sawa in a way? Furthermore, Makoto never seeing someone being tied up above the organ, then all of a sudden helping Sawa like you've been working for this man all this time and not see a dude up there? Poorly written characters and Sawa getting her revenge felt anticlimactic imo. Only thing saving this anime is the animation.
Apr 23, 2021 2:23 AM
Apr 2021
quiestmoi said:
Criticiza said:
I can't agree more with that, I have no idea what's going on at points but the animation was hella slick

Okay actually I was hoping other people felt the same about this 😅 sure it’s somewhat entrancing to be able to conjure your own thoughts and conclusions about motives, etc. but I feel it’s getting to the point where there are so many layers being added without supplement that it’s quite difficult to follow everyone’s intentions especially relative to the main plot
At first I was confused too, but I went for a walk and had a think about it. There were signs, that they probably should have developed further.

We knew she/he/they were a traitor from the previous episode. This episode when they outright betrayed the organisation, there was a moment when they coulda killed the spy leader guy, but didn't. I think this was meant to foreshadow that they were in fact not fully allied with Janome. However it just wasn't enough, and to top it off, the time frame was just too short. Most people watching had only just accepted that they were a villain, and then all of a sudden they had switched back.

Overall the show still has potential, and it should pick up once the character motivations are straightened out.

This is giving me a very similar feeling to Mars Red, which had a 10/10 first episode, and then the next two just kinda felt 7-8/10. I'm hoping both pick up as the season goes on
Apr 23, 2021 4:59 AM
Dec 2020
so just like that janome is dead??? no way somethings def gonna happen soon, the animations of the blue smoke and skull is SOOOO mf good tho wtf, still like this anime a lot, hope more stuff happens. loved when sawa screamed JANOMEEEE and then got beat the fuck up by him lolll

also that dude who secretly has boobs (tsuki..something something double spy guy)l, i need to know what’s up with him. he’s such an interesting character
Apr 23, 2021 9:39 AM

Apr 2020
FMmatron said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened to. I was just staring at the words and spacing out.
Apr 23, 2021 10:45 AM

Dec 2016
This was very fast paced. It also felt like I was watching an episode which was supposed to be the second last episode. I guess they want to focus more on the life of Sawa after she finished taking revenge. Since her whole reason for living was to take revenge what is she going to live for now.

What's up with the freedom that Tsukishiro mentioned. Sometimes they seem to be nice but later they act the bad guy...

Even Jin and Elena seems suspicious.
Apr 23, 2021 9:01 PM

Jan 2008
I am severly doubting the minds of people who think this shows is confusing. The only way it would be simpler is if the characters said what they were doing while doing it. Do people just don't think about what they watch anymore? I've noticed this a lot lately: if it's not explained in detail, people say it's confusing. Pay attention, and think. It's not that hard. This show is a prime example.
Apr 24, 2021 1:32 AM

Nov 2013
i really thought the fight with janome will be at the end of the season as the final fight, I wonder what will happen now since we still have 2/3 left
Apr 24, 2021 6:46 AM

Aug 2019
She was very easily to caught... Lol
```````````````````````````````````
Apr 24, 2021 6:58 AM

Sep 2013
DmonHiro said:
I am severly doubting the minds of people who think this shows is confusing. The only way it would be simpler is if the characters said what they were doing while doing it. Do people just don't think about what they watch anymore? I've noticed this a lot lately: if it's not explained in detail, people say it's confusing. Pay attention, and think. It's not that hard. This show is a prime example.

This.

Honestly, I think people who don't understand that there is still a story to develop have reduced cognitive ability, since they clung to the question of revenge as if it were the only plot point, being unable to pay attention to more than one.

It is very clear that there is still a whole conspiracy issue involving the government and the organization that Sawa belongs to. I can even see an internal conflict of the protagonist happening, since she will probably question herself about her own motivations to continue living, after all, until then, she based her whole life on a revenge that finally she finally got.

I think it all has to do with the pacing of this series. Nowadays, anime has such a slow pace that anything faster confuses the audience.
Apr 24, 2021 10:06 AM

May 2015
Villain has snakes na eerie music? CHeck.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 25, 2021 1:26 AM
Apr 2021
I love how Sawa finally break her tough exterior.. her long lost brother is still alive only to get "killed" again by the end of this episode.
I think her revenge plot was concluded a bit too early but isn't that means that this anime's story harder to guess? Just three episode with fast pacing story and this anime already answered a lot. Still waiting for next one hehe
Apr 26, 2021 12:31 PM
Sep 2015
Criticiza said:
Swagernator said:
So the lord voldemort wanted the main chick's blood because he can't replicate it properly (even tho he had all this time main's girls brother to use for his experiments ?), to "help the country" as it is usual motive with villians like this ...

And the dude, who was actually a chick was a double spy all this time becasue ? something ? Hmm .. this episode was kinda all animation and nothing more. Im kinda missing motives of some characters.
I can't agree more with that, I have no idea what's going on at points but the animation was hella slick

YEah the show is beautiful but the story is kind of nonsense. Like did the double crosser never noticed the people strung from the ceiling??? Ever? So little of this makes sense to me.
Apr 26, 2021 6:02 PM
Apr 2017
I'mma be straight-up - this 4-episode arc has been a maddeningly fun time to watch. Every character knows the motivations and actions of every other character and the audience never does, and that's made it a rollercoaster to see week-to-week. It's tropey, and the pacing is lightning-quick, but this anime is a blast to watch. The characters have all been enjoyably cheesy so far, and there's a lot of heart to be found between the main cast whenever they're on-screen together. I especially like the morally grey Tsukishiro, who seems to be playing for her own side at any given time.

One of the many highlights of a stacked season of anime. Absolute joyride.
May 6, 2021 7:27 PM

May 2020
This show has been straight ass so far. The only redeeming quality is the art. What a snooze-fest of boring characters I do not care at all about, convoluted plot, and poor pacing. It truly can only go up from here, hope it redeems itself soon.
Jun 9, 2021 10:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So she got her revenge... of course it wasn't "happy ending" and the brother had to die, but it's still better than nothing, even though it's only 1/4 of the anime and her goal is already completed hmmm
Jun 9, 2021 10:57 AM

Nov 2007
Swagernator said:

I think Tsukishiro's motive was simply to live according to his own will, and the reason he loved Sawa was that he saw her devotion to her vengeance as a "pure" form of this.

Also remember that he frequently talked about how everyone had to "play their part," which considering he was born with female features, but felt he was a man, seems to imply that there's some extent to which this isn't about "fate" or "circumstances of birth" for him. Sawa deep down really, I think, always wanted to live the kind of life she has with Asahi, a simple domestic situation with love and family. In that way her character is really unlike the typical cold blooded vengeance machine who once they get their revenge seems like a hollow person. That identity was just a mask that Sawa needed to put on to move forward, but Tsukishiro wanted that Sawa to be the real Sawa. So I don't think Tsukihiro really had any allegiance to either side, so much as he was trying to manipulate the events so that he and Sawa were both "characters" he felt they should be, especially Sawa.

I do think his character was kind of a weird overcomplicated inclusion, and kind of annoying... but I guess he helped move the plot forward and bring some of the mystery to light.
Jun 16, 2021 11:57 AM

Jan 2019
(English) Congratulations Jouran, you brought up a problem and it's making me scared about the continuity of the story. Unfortunately what happened in this episode was something to be expected. Sawa has defeated Janome and his revenge is complete. She is reunited with her brother, but ends up in a decision between saving him or saving Asahi. It's an episode that would have ended well Jouran if it were the final moment of the show, but unfortunately that didn't happen. It seems that the script needed to vilify a moment in history to continue. Let's see if the rest will convince.

(Portuguese/Português) Parabéns Jouran, você evidenciou um problema e me está dando medo sobre a contunuidade da história. Infelizmente o que aconteceu nesse episódio era algo esperado. Sawa derrotou Janome e está com sua vingança concluída. Ela reencontrou seu irmão, mas termina numa decisão entre salvá-lo ou salvar Asahi. É um episódio que concluiria bem Jouran, se fosse o momento final do show, mas infelizmente isso não ocorreu. Parece que o roteiro precisou vilanizar um momento da história para continuar. Vamos ver se o restante vai convencer.
Jun 30, 2021 4:28 AM

Apr 2017
I don't think there was ever really a choice for Sawa between saving her brother or Asahi. Her brother was like minutes away from death and nothing could be done for him at that point (blind, feeling almost no heat despite the room being hot enough for metal to literally melt). You could argue the only choice was between saving Asahi or leaving her behind.

As for Janome, he wasn't that interesting a character; the "mad scientist who wants power" archetype has been done to death and he doesn't have much of a personality. Judging by how soon he died, it's clear that he isn't the final boss, more of a lackey among many.

The supernatural battles are, oddly enough, the least interesting part of this show to me. The blue flame and bone effects are pretty interesting but the Janome battle wasn't that visually appealing with the green-cyan-magenta color scheme, and Janome himself just seemed to freeze up and accept it when Sawa got close to him. It's much more interesting when Sawa fights in "human" mode, and her shoujo transformation is getting kinda tiresome to watch.
Jul 2, 2021 10:34 AM

Apr 2015
Such a lackluster villain.
Jul 27, 2021 8:51 PM
Jul 2021
This show is so visually pleasing, but I really don't care for any of the characters. It's so cliché revenge blah blah femme fatal, skinny smart boy.
Aug 5, 2021 4:48 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't expect Tsukishiro to be a double spy and even more on Janome already being defeated so early in the series. Well at least Asahi got saved, too bad about Sawa's brother though.
UnkrownedAug 5, 2021 4:52 AM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KiriSlays - Jun 15, 2021

107 by Catalano »»
Dec 31, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2021

34 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 13, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2021

61 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 13, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2021

38 by lallo89 »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:56 PM

» Why is the rating so low?

Spenter - Dec 7, 2022

3 by KayKimii »»
Dec 7, 2022 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.