Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 22, 2021 4:45 AM
Jul 2019
KNIGHTKING0007 said:
Janethan23 said:
The opening 30 seconds of that episode is actually reality to most people who ran away from home for various reasons.

your right man its a reality of real world ,but man that hurt ,you can fell how much she suffered

No its not, most people who run away don't become a prostitute. this is literally the 1%
Apr 22, 2021 4:47 AM
Jul 2019
KNIGHTKING0007 said:
R77Prodigy said:
Those eyes reminded me of the girl in 13 reasons why. Thats shit hurts.

Hannah baker man I know how you feel dude

hannah baker and everyone else in the show, even tyler DAMN no one was spared from the rapist boogieman
Apr 22, 2021 6:49 AM
Jan 2021
ratonotota said:
KNIGHTKING0007 said:

your right man its a reality of real world ,but man that hurt ,you can fell how much she suffered

No its not, most people who run away don't become a prostitute. this is literally the 1%

You have a good point man, sometimes I feel why she do that type of things she can do a job,but she is a teenager and she has to show proof to do a job and she don't have anything,and she can't do job as much as adult and time is limited so it's hard to survive ,so she has to take that step ( I also hate why she did) but they showing different part that people want something in return if they give you something, and that's the reality
Apr 22, 2021 6:51 AM
Jan 2021
ratonotota said:
KNIGHTKING0007 said:

Hannah baker man I know how you feel dude

hannah baker and everyone else in the show, even tyler DAMN no one was spared from the rapist boogieman

And that's the 2nd reality of world and u cannot runaway from this, that we learn from 13 reasons why
Apr 22, 2021 12:35 PM

Sep 2018
ratonotota said:

bro but this anime is way too unrealistic, like goddamn the first choice after running away is becoming a prostitute for shelter??? this seems wayy too forced.

Here's an extract from a 2002 government document from the UK, it's a little old now but I think you'll get the point

"As many as 1 in 14 children and young people who run away, around 5,000 a year, survive through stealing, begging, drug dealing and prostitution. Runaways with the most problems are likely to run to city centres and spend time on the streets, sleep outside, or stay in other unsafe places, such as with adults who may exploit them."

Here's a statement from 2014 document

"When a 16 or 17 year old runs away or goes missing they are no less vulnerable than younger children and are equally at risk, particularly of sexual exploitation or involvement with gangs."

Think yourself lucky you're so clueless about what goes on in the "real world"

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 22, 2021 1:27 PM

Nov 2008
Eh, I found it more 'tragic' than disturbing...really, stuff that happens in Elfien Lied is way worse than Sayu's scene:

Do not click if you're sensitive cause it's gross

Apr 22, 2021 2:05 PM
Jul 2019
borderliner said:
ratonotota said:

bro but this anime is way too unrealistic, like goddamn the first choice after running away is becoming a prostitute for shelter??? this seems wayy too forced.

Here's an extract from a 2002 government document from the UK, it's a little old now but I think you'll get the point

"As many as 1 in 14 children and young people who run away, around 5,000 a year, survive through stealing, begging, drug dealing and prostitution. Runaways with the most problems are likely to run to city centres and spend time on the streets, sleep outside, or stay in other unsafe places, such as with adults who may exploit them."

"When a 16 or 17 year old runs away or goes missing they are no less vulnerable than younger children and are equally at risk, particularly of sexual exploitation or involvement with gangs."

First of all, I know much worse than just prostitution goes on in the "real world"
Secondly, cite your sources, as far as I know you could just be making up these stats, tho I don't doubt it.
and thirdly, those 1 in 14 survive through : "stealing, begging, drug dealing and prostitution." Now I wonder what the percentage of that is divided in like.

out of 7% lets estimate :
4% begging.
1.5% stealing.
1% prostituting.
0.5% drug dealing.

obviously its not like any of the other options are nice, but like I said its the 1% that goes into prostitution. not to say it doesn't happen, unrealistic. No one goes : hmmm my parents are very FUCKED up maybe i should go prostitute myself to survive.
Apr 22, 2021 2:45 PM

Sep 2018
ratonotota said:
borderliner said:

First of all, I know much worse than just prostitution goes on in the "real world"
Secondly, cite your sources, as far as I know you could just be making up these stats, tho I don't doubt it.
and thirdly, those 1 in 14 survive through : "stealing, begging, drug dealing and prostitution." Now I wonder what the percentage of that is divided in like.

4% begging.
1.5% stealing.
1% prostituting.
0.5% drug dealing.

obviously its not like any of the other options are nice, but like I said its the 1% that goes into prostitution. not to say it doesn't happen, unrealistic. No one goes : hmmm my parents are very FUCKED up maybe i should go prostitute myself to survive.

I don't care about your 1% you're deluded for even thinking you can put a figure on it without a source. And you should think carefully about using math so simplistically, those four activities are not going to be mutually exclusive sets.

But let's assume 1% of 5000, that's 50 children each year who suffer sexual exploitation and you think telling a story based around that is unrealistic!?

Apr 22, 2021 3:06 PM
Jul 2019
borderliner said:
ratonotota said:

4% begging.
1.5% stealing.
1% prostituting.
0.5% drug dealing.

I don't care about your 1% you're deluded for even thinking you can put a figure on it without a source. And you should think carefully about using math so simplistically, those four activities are not going to be mutually exclusive sets.

But let's assume 1% of 5000, that's 50 children each year who suffer sexual exploitation and you think telling a story based around that is unrealistic!?

Funny you say that while not citing the source, you're delusional for thinking this show comes EVEN close to dealing with prostitution in a realistic way.

It doesn't matter if the math isn't correct, I'm not here to give a math class, just estimating numbers, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

No, you are right, it would be realistic were the story to be presented in a realistic manner. however this story goes on the basis that, she goes from house to house having sex to get a few day's worth of shelter and food, that's just not REALISTIC at all. whether the number is 50, or 5000, for it be realistic it has to be told in the way that actually happens in real life, I'm not denying that people rely on prostitution to survive, this simply isn't the way it goes.
Apr 22, 2021 5:23 PM
Feb 2018
MoonStar9 said:
Aren't you guys overreacting a little?
absolutely. It wasnt a fan service, it was a part of the story so im OK with that and thats all. Most of them acting like its their first time checking Phub or smth.
Apr 23, 2021 9:38 AM

Mar 2017
Another discussion thread raised the possibility that Sayu is a sex addict (possibly just became one since running away), and the blank look on her face is actually the look of "getting her fix". For addicts of many types, as the need increases the enjoyment decreases, which if true in Sayu's case is what we are seeing happen here.

Now I'm of the opinion that it's far more likely that as most viewers are assuming, she's not enjoying it but is doing what she has to to "pay her room and board". But I thought it worth bringing up this other possibility and asking if anyone else thinks it has any merit.

There's a lot we don't know yet about Sayu's background, why she ran away, why she threw away her first phone (at least where "we" refers to anime viewers who haven't read the manga). It's going to be very interesting to see what comes out in future episodes.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Apr 23, 2021 10:04 AM

Sep 2020
I have seen 2 episode and After reading few reply , I decided to drop this series , I can't handle this type of staff , My heart is weak 😅
Apr 23, 2021 10:45 AM
Feb 2017
Zean_9435 said:
I have seen 2 episode and After reading few reply , I decided to drop this series , I can't handle this type of staff , My heart is weak 😅
make your heart strong if you want to see through a good ending
Apr 23, 2021 11:15 AM

Sep 2020
Durgasish said:
Zean_9435 said:
I don't want to see a young girl getting sexually abused , sorry may be in future I will give it a shot
Apr 23, 2021 11:30 AM

Sep 2018
ratonotota said:

Funny you say that while not citing the source, you're delusional for thinking this show comes EVEN close to dealing with prostitution in a realistic way.

It doesn't matter if the math isn't correct, I'm not here to give a math class, just estimating numbers, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

No, you are right, it would be realistic were the story to be presented in a realistic manner. however this story goes on the basis that, she goes from house to house having sex to get a few day's worth of shelter and food, that's just not REALISTIC at all. whether the number is 50, or 5000, for it be realistic it has to be told in the way that actually happens in real life, I'm not denying that people rely on prostitution to survive, this simply isn't the way it goes.

I told you it was a UK government paper, I understand the context because I know about social issues in the UK. Google for something that's relevant to yourself.

You talk about realism as if you have actual facts, but everything you've said has been made up. You can't even interpret what the show has told you correctly, you seem to think her first action on leaving home was to sell sex to pay for lodgings and food, she's not a prostitute, you can't even differentiate between sexual exploitation and prostitution.

Like I said, my experience of social issues as reported on regularly in the UK and the evidence from the research papers I've found supports Sayu's situation being entirely too believable.

Apr 23, 2021 12:04 PM
Jul 2019
borderliner said:
ratonotota said:

I told you it was a UK government paper, I understand the context because I know about social issues in the UK. Google for something that's relevant to yourself.

You talk about realism as if you have actual facts, but everything you've said has been made up. You can't even interpret what the show has told you correctly, you seem to think her first action on leaving home was to sell sex to pay for lodgings and food, she's not a prostitute, you can't even differentiate between sexual exploitation and prostitution.

Like I said, my experience of social issues as reported on regularly in the UK and the evidence from the research papers I've found supports Sayu's situation being entirely too believable.

'UK government paper' You're talking like an anti-vax who did 5 minutes of googling.

Interpret? what is there to interpret, you think this some deep shit ? The person who made this was probably having a fap on nhentai and came across this concept on a doushinji. This is shallower than a pond, and not believable at all.

Stop talking like you know something about me, you condescending asshole, be it prostitution or 'sexual exploitation' It's all under the same umbrella, you can sugar coat it all you want, just because she isn't taking home a pay check doesn't make her not a prostitute. At the end of the day, she made her choice, to do it for her own benefits. (Obviously I am not saying this is right)

Oh, yes from the research papers, you must have spent hours studying issues like these to be able to 'interpret' the show. Please educate me more!

Sayu's situation is nothing more than a fantasy, the way it is presented atleast.
Apr 23, 2021 12:39 PM

Sep 2018
ratonotota said:
borderliner said:

'UK government paper' You're talking like an anti-vax who did 5 minutes of googling.

Interpret? what is there to interpret, you think this some deep shit ? The person who made this was probably having a fap on nhentai and came across this concept on a doushinji. This is shallower than a pond, and not believable at all.

Stop talking like you know something about me, you condescending asshole, be it prostitution or 'sexual exploitation' It's all under the same umbrella, you can sugar coat it all you want, just because she isn't taking home a pay check doesn't make her not a prostitute. At the end of the day, she made her choice, to do it for her own benefits. (Obviously I am not saying this is right)

Oh, yes from the research papers, you must have spent hours studying issues like these to be able to 'interpret' the show. Please educate me more!

Sayu's situation is nothing more than a fantasy, the way it is presented atleast.

Doesn't need to be deep to require interpretation. And of course you have interpreted all sorts of stuff about Sayu, the show, the author.

Problem is, like your maths, your skills at interpretation are so weak you don't even realise you're doing it.

I didn't ever care to know anything about you, but I sure know now that you are lacking in basic compassion.

Apr 23, 2021 1:01 PM
Jul 2019
borderliner said:
ratonotota said:

Doesn't need to be deep to require interpretation. And of course you have interpreted all sorts of stuff about Sayu, the show, the author.

Problem is, like your maths, your skills at interpretation are so weak you don't even realise you're doing it.

I didn't ever care to know anything about you, but I sure know now that you are lacking in basic compassion.

Lmao, you've just pulled off the biggest switcheroo, just did a complete 180 and forgot what you're even talking about.

Instead of debating on why the show is "real", You're just throwing insults at me, thats the lowest you can go.

and just to let your retarded ass (treating you with the same amount of respect) know, interpretation is subjective, so let me tell you how I interpreted this show, for every 1 person wanting to share a story there are 10 who want to make money with a shit-show, this case is one of the 10.

Yeah, I'm sure as hell lacking in human compassion, as much as you are lacking a brain.

Apr 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Mar 2017
Zean_9435 said:
Durgasish said:
I don't want to see a young girl getting sexually abused , sorry may be in future I will give it a shot

That would depend on what qualifies as sexual abuse.

We assume Sayu made the same offer to her prior boarders, and the scene in question portrays one of them collecting on the arrangement. Sayu initiated the arrangement, and at least in this instance his manner of taking her up on it doesn't appear abusive. All we see is the blank soulless expression of a girl paying the price with her body as she agreed to. Is that abuse? It's certainly aberrant, problematic behavior, no argument there, but I wouldn't go so far as to label it abuse.

We don't know yet if there was abuse (more overt abuse, if you think this is) by any of her boarders or in whatever situation led her to run away in the first place. It's highly doubtful that Yoshida will abuse her. For me, one of the reasons I'm watching the show is the prospect of seeing Sayu conquer her past demons.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Apr 23, 2021 1:30 PM
Jun 2020
MoonStar9 said:
Aren't you guys overreacting a little?
Depends, how would you feel if your best friend ran away from home and had to sleep with over 50 guys just to stay alive? And on top of that she developed borderline Stockholm's syndrome where now she doesn't value herself unless she's sleeping with someone? She cant even trust Yoshida because hes a good adult and wont sleep with her. I get its just an anime but putting yourself in the shoes of someone in that world is what alot of watchers do and for them watching that was like watching their friend.
Apr 23, 2021 1:34 PM
Jun 2020
mwalimu said:
Zean_9435 said:

We assume Sayu made the same offer to her prior boarders, and the scene in question portrays one of them collecting on the arrangement. Sayu initiated the arrangement, and at least in this instance his manner of taking her up on it doesn't appear abusive. All we see is the blank soulless expression of a girl paying the price with her body as she agreed to. Is that abuse? It's certainly aberrant, problematic behavior, no argument there, but I wouldn't go so far as to label it abuse.

We don't know yet if there was abuse (more overt abuse, if you think this is) by any of her boarders or in whatever situation led her to run away in the first place. It's highly doubtful that Yoshida will abuse her. For me, one of the reasons I'm watching the show is the prospect of seeing Sayu conquer her past demons.
no matter how you look at it she is a minor and those adults are taking advantage of a misguided little girl. If a 15 year old came up to you and asked to sleep with you to live at your place would you see nothing wrong with that?
Apr 23, 2021 1:36 PM

Sep 2018
ratonotota said:
borderliner said:

Lmao, you've just pulled off the biggest switcheroo, just did a complete 180 and forgot what you're even talking about.

Instead of debating on why the show is "real", You're just throwing insults at me, thats the lowest you can go.

and just to let your retarded ass (treating you with the same amount of respect) know, interpretation is subjective, so let me tell you how I interpreted this show, for every 1 person wanting to share a story there are 10 who want to make money with a shit-show, this case is one of the 10.

Yeah, I'm sure as hell lacking in human compassion, as much as you are lacking a brain.

Nope, I'm still talking about the show, we've moved on to your woeful interpretation, because that's the root of your misguided opinions

it all started with this misinterpretation "... the first choice after running away is becoming a prostitute for shelter"

So do you think Sayu walked into this willingly? There was no exploitation? Or are you saying that what's unrealistic is to believe that a young runaway could be sexually exploited?

But of course we've ended up with you offering an image of the author wanking off to some hentai while writing this. Which means what? You think all the scenes being discussed have the primary purpose of being there to jack off to!!

How does that in any way fit your original premise?

borderlinerApr 23, 2021 1:40 PM
Apr 23, 2021 1:45 PM
Jun 2020
ratonotota said:
borderliner said:

So im assuming you live in USA so ill give you stats for the US. According to http://www.pollyklaas.org/enews-archive/2013-enews/article-web-pages/the-truth-about-runaways.html#:~:text=By%20far%2C%20the%20most%20prevalent%20type%20of%20reported,youth%20runaway%20each%20year%20in%20the%20United%20States. between 1.6 to 2.8 million children run away from home every year. Of those 800,000 do not return within that same year, and furthermore about 100,000 never return. Statistically 20 percent of both female and male run aways that dont return for more than a year turn to some form of prostitution. 16% female and 4% male, the average age for both genders to enter prostitution is 14. So doing the math 160,000 children in the US turn to prostitution each year with about 90% returning to normal life after a year. my source for the second statement. https://sex-crimes.laws.com/prostitution/prostitution-statistics. So to say it is unrealistic isn't even remotely true and the fact that your are fortunate enough to not know any of this means your among the lucky majority who hasn't had anyone you know in the industry weather out of necessity or choice. There is nothing wrong with that either, but next time just do a few google searches before you say something like that. Thanks
Pa-inApr 23, 2021 1:49 PM
Apr 23, 2021 1:52 PM

Sep 2018
mwalimu said:

We assume Sayu made the same offer to her prior boarders...

I think that statement needs to be considered carefully.

If you think about what we've been shown and told, the likely scenario is that Sayu started out by being picked up off the streets and offered shelter with no apparent strings and then later coerced into having sex. That pattern likely repeated until she became numb to it and finally until she learned that the fastest route to shelter was to offer what she already expected to be taken.

This is what makes her situation one of sexual exploitation, she's been conditioned by experience to think this is inevitable.

borderlinerApr 23, 2021 1:57 PM
Apr 23, 2021 1:56 PM
Jul 2019
borderliner said:
ratonotota said:

Nope, I'm still talking about the show, we've moved on to your woeful interpretation, because that's the root of your misguided opinions

it all started with this misinterpretation "... the first choice after running away is becoming a prostitute for shelter"

So do you think Sayu walked into this willingly? There was no exploitation? Or are you saying that what's unrealistic to believe that a young runaway could be sexually exploited?

But of course we've end up with you offering an image of the author wanking off to some hentai while writing this. Which means what? You think all the scenes being discussed have the primary purpose of being there to jack off to!!

misguided opinions? Somehow you've arrived at the conclusion that I think sexual exploitation is fine.

"... the first choice after running away is becoming a prostitute for shelter" I said that sarcastically, because the show makes it seem like that's what happened, I sure as hell hope she didn't walk into it willingly, what I want to know is how does it happen? IT DOESN'T (not in the way the show presents it) Its just a convenient sad backstory.

No it doesn't mean that, stop jumping to conclusions, I didn't even THINK about those scenes while writing that, what I meant is, the backstory is so poorly written it could be a hentai plot. tldr : its shallow.

my previous statement was : it's unrealistic

so unrealistic, it seems like this guy just saw some hentai and was like "hmmm I could milk this, everyone is gonna feel so bad for her! bc dark topics = real, profound and meaningful. - if you disagree you're lacking in human compassion."

that's how it fits on what I previously said, funny you talking mad trash about my 'interpretation skills' and then u come up with "You think all the scenes being discussed have the primary purpose of being there to jack off to!!"

Apr 23, 2021 2:23 PM

Sep 2018
ratonotota said:
borderliner said:

So do you think Sayu walked into this willingly? There was no exploitation? Or are you saying that what's unrealistic to believe that a young runaway could be sexually exploited?

But of course we've end up with you offering an image of the author wanking off to some hentai while writing this. Which means what? You think all the scenes being discussed have the primary purpose of being there to jack off to!!

misguided opinions? Somehow you've arrived at the conclusion that I think sexual exploitation is fine.

"... the first choice after running away is becoming a prostitute for shelter" I said that sarcastically, because the show makes it seem like that's what happened, I sure as hell hope she didn't walk into it willingly, what I want to know is how does it happen? IT DOESN'T (not in the way the show presents it) Its just a convenient sad backstory.

No it doesn't mean that, stop jumping to conclusions, I didn't even THINK about those scenes while writing that, what I meant is, the backstory is so poorly written it could be a hentai plot. tldr : its shallow.

so unrealistic, it seems like this guy just saw some hentai and was like "hmmm I could milk this, everyone is gonna feel so bad for her! bc dark topics = real, profound and meaningful. - if you disagree you're lacking in human compassion."

that's how it fits on what I previously said, funny you talking mad trash about my 'interpretation skills' and then u come up with "You think all the scenes being discussed have the primary purpose of being there to jack off to!!"

So... You said that sarcastically, and then defended the statement against other posters yeah right! But the show never even remotely suggested that's where she started. And even though all the data is out there that says young runaway adults do fall into prostitution you say IT DOESN'T happen

I asked why you invoked that image, because it sure seemed like you were just trying to link this to hentai...

But no you're just saying the backstory is poorly written, so how come so many others get the back story. And what about all the posters saying they didn't even need that amount of detail to get the picture. Oh and hang on, you were being sarcastic about the prostitute bit, but you keep calling her a prostitute, and you want to know how it happened but because you haven't figured that out yet it's unrealistic. But no actually what you're really pissed about is some guy (watching Hentai, because you seem obsessed by that) deciding to make a show where we care about the sexually exploited girl instead of getting off to her.

Just a reminder, no-one said the show is real, we all figured it's just a story

But the sexual exploitation of young runaways is real and it's realistic that someone might come across a child like that.

Apr 23, 2021 2:46 PM
Jul 2019
borderliner said:
ratonotota said:

So... You said that sarcastically, and then defended the statement against other posters yeah right! But the show never even remotely suggested that's where she started. And even though all the data is out there that says young runaway adults do fall into prostitution you say IT DOESN'T happen

I asked why you invoked that image, because it sure seemed like you were just trying to link this to hentai...

But no you're just saying the backstory is poorly written, so how come so many others get the back story. And what about all the posters saying they didn't even need that amount of detail to get the picture. Oh and hang on, you were being sarcastic about the prostitute bit, but you keep calling her a prostitute, and you want to know how it happened but because you haven't figured that out yet it's unrealistic. But no actually what you're really pissed about is some guy (watching Hentai, because you seem obsessed by that) deciding to make a show where we care about the sexually exploited girl instead of getting off to her.

Just a reminder, no-one said the show is real, we all figured it's just a story

But the sexual exploitation of young runaways is real and it's realistic that someone might come across a child like that.

Yeah the show doesn't suggest shit, because it's a terrible one, so we all oughta obviously jump to the conclusion she ran away and decided to become a prostitute first hand choice (CMON get the sarcasm PLEASEEE)

Are you even reading what I'm typing? IT DOES HAPPEN. NOT IN THE FUCKING WAY THIS SHOW PRESENTS. so IT DOESNT HAPPEN in the way this show presents.

I'm not denying child prostitution, goddamn, how hard is it to understand?

The statement I defended is that her backstory is unrealistic (the way we see it as is), and to be honest yeah you're right, we don't get too much of her backstory, so I'm going off of what we have here. what I said sarcastically was that the first conclusion she arrived in when she ran away, was to be a prostitute. (clearly it must have been the second conclusion then) Maybe she tried going the route of a circus clown first, where you belong. Learn how to read.

Oh what? they get the backstory? everyone knows she is a prostitute, thats not very hard to get. It's a shallow attempt at touching a serious topic.

Oh I'm sorry you don't get the hentai analogy. let me make it better for you, a 10 year old with a basic idea of what sex is could have written this, when he has no idea what really went on behind the scenes. It's shallow.

"But the sexual exploitation of young runaways is real and it's realistic that someone might come across a child like that." - oooo, how great now I don't have to pay 50$ for a hooker, I can just pick one right off the streets for free.

I thought it's be fun to debate something, but I'm clearly talking to a wall here, I'm not surprised if you find this comment in particular ridiculous, I've given up trying to get my point across.

Apr 23, 2021 3:12 PM
suii

Dec 2018
yea that shit is r rated lol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

185 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 12, 8:09 PM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.