Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 19, 2021 10:01 AM
Feb 2019
I’m getting a lot of full metal panic vibes from this!!! I know the story and premise are completely different but a lot of similar elements and the dynamics between the characters are also similar. WHICH IS GREAT!!! A new story that kinda reminds me of my favourite show FMP (that’s enough to get me hooked on)!

And once I was hooked after that first episode premiered… IT’S BEEN ABSOLUTELY FIRE! Sawano’s OST and that ED are sooooo gooood!!! Episode 2’s fight scene was awesome, animation was so smooth (idgaf about CG, fuck off AOT CG haters). Story is also steadily building up and I’m liking it more and more. Also according to the light novel readers the adaptation has been on point so far so that’s awesome to know.

All in all, I’m really looking forward to the rest of this cour and I’m also really excited for cour 2! What do you guys think about this show so far?
Apr 19, 2021 11:05 AM
Dec 2018
It's a good adaptation so far, and I hope that the anime will do well. I am curious to what other anime-only scenes they will put in to dump information onto the viewers. I think that is a creative aspect that I am looking forward to the most.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Apr 19, 2021 11:46 AM
Apr 2016
I’m exactly the opposite. It still haven’t given me a reason to keep watching it. The characters feel to lack characterization and some of their conversations happen behind the scenes which I don’t like. Probably to save time. Also, the CGI action is so.... frustrating to me.
Apr 19, 2021 12:00 PM

Sep 2018
Johnny00 said:
I’m exactly the opposite. It still haven’t given me a reason to keep watching it. The characters feel to lack characterization and some of their conversations happen behind the scenes which I don’t like. Probably to save time. Also, the CGI action is so.... frustrating to me.
I feel the same. Like this show is explaining and showing things that it wants me to care about, but I don’t actually feel anything when I watch.
Apr 19, 2021 12:16 PM
May 2008
Yeah it's an amazing anime so far. Like every aspect of it is really nicely done so far. The sound/music design just by having Sawano to work on it deserves a praise. It is beautifully animated also the CGI looks really neat. If CGI would look like at least like this in anime I think there would be less people compaining about it.

For me it has Cross Ange vibes, cause it has the very same premise where you have a high living society and the cast out goes to war in order to protect the ones who cast them out in the first place. But this does the job like 2 times better.
Apr 19, 2021 12:58 PM
Mar 2020
Same here, it's been an incredible adaptation so far, I hope it continues that way
Apr 19, 2021 2:13 PM
Oct 2020
william_aspen said:
I’m getting a lot of full metal panic vibes from this!!! I know the story and premise are completely different but a lot of similar elements and the dynamics between the characters are also similar. WHICH IS GREAT!!! A new story that kinda reminds me of my favourite show FMP (that’s enough to get me hooked on)!

And once I was hooked after that first episode premiered… IT’S BEEN ABSOLUTELY FIRE! Sawano’s OST and that ED are sooooo gooood!!! Episode 2’s fight scene was awesome, animation was so smooth (idgaf about CG, fuck off AOT CG haters). Story is also steadily building up and I’m liking it more and more. Also according to the light novel readers the adaptation has been on point so far so that’s awesome to know.

All in all, I’m really looking forward to the rest of this cour and I’m also really excited for cour 2! What do you guys think about this show so far?

As a fellow FMP superfan I can very much agree with this, although this is definitely gonna be a lot darker (maybe we'll need a Fumoffu style spin off lmao). I've been really enjoying it and can't wait to see where all this build up will pay off
Apr 19, 2021 4:13 PM

Oct 2020
Same here, really enjoying this
Apr 19, 2021 6:56 PM
Feb 2019
TomPalm said:
william_aspen said:

As a fellow FMP superfan I can very much agree with this, although this is definitely gonna be a lot darker (maybe we'll need a Fumoffu style spin off lmao). I've been really enjoying it and can't wait to see where all this build up will pay off

Yesss fellow FMP brethren!!! Hard to come by, man. You didn't watch Invisible Victory I see?
Apr 19, 2021 7:57 PM
Aug 2018
Johnny00 said:

Completely agreed. Absolutely boring.
Apr 19, 2021 9:26 PM
Jun 2020
ImLolAtYou said:
Johnny00 said:

Yeah your probably one of those people who would rather watch nagatoro-san instead 🤣
Apr 19, 2021 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
addie1998 said:
ImLolAtYou said:

Yeah your probably one of those people who would rather watch nagatoro-san instead 🤣

I mean he scored jujutsu kaisen a 10 LOL. He must be a shounen guy who likes hype fights, give him a break. Though thats a pretty trashy taste to be honest and its a genre for young viewers and beginners. In short, normies.
Apr 19, 2021 10:57 PM
Aug 2020
After the first episode I was hooked, and second episode came around..holy shit this show is something...anyway fuck the haters, prolly shouen faggies
Apr 19, 2021 11:50 PM

Oct 2019
Ok, let's not do this. I don't want people to think 86 fanbase is full of toxic elitists.
Apr 20, 2021 2:02 AM

Mar 2016
I also like the adaptation as an LN reader. I started reading it this year, and I was hooked since Volume 1. I hope the anime does justice to the story and characters. As someone who is a big fan of SukaSuka and considers it as one of my all time favorite LNs, 86 was right up my alley. Both have some similarities on the surface and give me depression lol. We need more LN protagonists like Willem and Shin.
Shishou_23Apr 20, 2021 8:25 AM
Apr 20, 2021 8:03 AM
Oct 2020
william_aspen said:
TomPalm said:

Yesss fellow FMP brethren!!! Hard to come by, man. You didn't watch Invisible Victory I see?

The reason being I'm actually hoping to get the physical release for the dub and the radio drama haha, it's my yearly tradition to do a rewatch of the series so I'll probably get round to it soon!
Apr 20, 2021 5:14 PM
Feb 2019
TomPalm said:
william_aspen said:

The reason being I'm actually hoping to get the physical release for the dub and the radio drama haha, it's my yearly tradition to do a rewatch of the series so I'll probably get round to it soon!

Ah I see I see, Hope you get to it man, it's awesome, so nostalgic and the dynamic is great!
Apr 20, 2021 5:19 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This definitely is better than I expected as from the cover it looks like some another cheap fantasy LN adaptation all over again but I'm glad I was wrong.

This has the vibe of Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and I like it ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 27, 2021 9:51 AM
Feb 2019
ImLolAtYou said:
Johnny00 said:

I don't think you even try to understand the plot
Apr 27, 2021 9:53 AM
Feb 2019
kangai said:
Johnny00 said:
I feel the same. Like this show is explaining and showing things that it wants me to care about, but I don’t actually feel anything when I watch.
The s
Johnny00 said:
About the characterization, they will introduced it later and what CGI you want
Apr 27, 2021 9:56 AM
Feb 2019
kangai said:
Johnny00 said:
This is not a show where they will tell you to your face what's going on, the showing the plot and you're the one who have to tell what's going on
May 2, 2021 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
Dasdsadzxczx said:
addie1998 said:

I mean he scored jujutsu kaisen a 10 LOL. He must be a shounen guy who likes hype fights, give him a break. Though thats a pretty trashy taste to be honest and its a genre for young viewers and beginners. In short, normies.

Jujutsu Kaisen was actually really good, imho, and it's rare for me to say that for something from the main shounen genre nowadays. But yea, those kinds of people are so amateurish with their tastes, tbh.
May 2, 2021 1:31 PM
Feb 2018
Ryuseishun said:
Dasdsadzxczx said:

Jujutsu Kaisen was actually really good, imho, and it's rare for me to say that for something from the main shounen genre nowadays. But yea, those kinds of people are so amateurish with their tastes, tbh.
i have to agree with u. If u compare JJK to other shounen its clearly 5 frames better atleast. I also gave it a 10 because almost every Sukuna scene is a gem.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

458 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

380 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 14, 10:42 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

430 by grizmuth »»
Apr 5, 5:57 PM

» 86 LN starts its Final Arc with the next Light Novel volume 14.

darksideee - Jan 11

24 by SSRSyt »»
Apr 3, 10:22 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

259 by ILLARX »»
Apr 2, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.