Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 20, 2021 12:31 PM
May 2015
I actually really liked the opening despite all the still shots and spoilers, but going completely off topic, am I the only one who really doesn't like March's voice? Her character design and everything is cute but as soon as she opened her mouth I recoiled a little. I know it's difficult to get an actual child actress to voice but they could've gotten a much cuter and younger sounding voice than this.
My candies:

Bonus candies:
Apr 20, 2021 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
When Fushi stood up after regenerating, the movements looked rather like QWOP

Young girls left to die on a mountain...looks like the author took inspiration from Qhapaq hucha ritual.

Hayase is wearing what looks like a modern tank top, are her people more technologically advanced than March's people? At first I was wondering that if she's assisting in the Ninannah's rituals, she must believe that the Oniguma deity is real.

Oniguma (sounds like Onigumo from InuYasha o_O) I'd be weary of a deity that sounds like that. So Oniguma is real, and it's meant to be the bear that Fushi encountered, right?

I was thinking March should return to the village with this immortal beast boy Fushi as leverage, because overly religious village like that would be scared of the abilities Fushi has.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 20, 2021 1:57 PM

Mar 2018
I liked the first episode better but this was good. The bleakness and somehow sweetness was a fascinating combination. The world is interesting and for some reason the show reminds me a bit of Made in Abyss. It looks cute but has very strong horror elements. I really like the show, so far.
Apr 20, 2021 2:29 PM
Apr 2020
Good episode, but i liked it less than the first. The first can be considered a stand alone story, while now this episode doesn't finish nothing, we must wait the new episode. In this episode there were some beautiful landscapes but the snowy landscapes of the first episode were on a higher level
Apr 20, 2021 3:48 PM
Dec 2019
Great episode though it seems more like a buildup one
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Apr 20, 2021 3:51 PM

Jan 2020
March being a little girl running away from adults? I still can't believe it

Anyway, except for that detail and some animation this chapter was very good

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Apr 20, 2021 4:06 PM
Sep 2019
The adorable March
The precious Parona
And the b****ch Hayase 🤦🏻‍♂️
Good episode as expected
Apr 20, 2021 4:26 PM

Mar 2017
the dog boy really just wandering around the woods and pissing himself

'nom'
Apr 20, 2021 4:44 PM

Apr 2009
Adekzinho said:
This OP is awful, it's basically an AMV with so many impactful spoilers, feels like they put all resources on Hikaru Utada song... awful

Yeah it could have been a lot better. Its unfortunate too because the Utada Hikaru song is amazing
Apr 20, 2021 7:02 PM
Mar 2015
He does get a lot of chances being immortal
Apr 20, 2021 7:37 PM

Jul 2016
Wow, they actually showed a baby being eaten by a bear.

In general, execution was way better here than in the first episode. Mainly because the current events are being developed in two episodes rather than just one but still. Transitions between seriousness and comedy feel kinda jarring tho.
Apr 20, 2021 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, i almost thought that this was it for March, but the preview made it clear. I guess only the mc to save her... There's no way they will sacrifice her...please MC get OP xD
Idk where this anime is going but i am enjoying it!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 20, 2021 8:12 PM
Jul 2016
With all due respect, but if there is one thing that really makes MAL still small, in terms of seriousness as an evaluation site, these are the evaluations in the series bio before it is even over. Many see two episodes and make assessments in the series bio, where you usually see evaluations of those who saw the whole series. Periodic evaluations in the forum and in the scores are good, as it serves as a thermometer for the work, and also to show how the final evaluations will be, from several different points of view.

I want to tell those who did the evaluation on the (bio) profile of the series: what you are doing is wrong, and you cannot complain about other people on other issues, if you encounter when browsing the site and the forums. Set an example, do not do an evaluation in the series bio before finishing. Two episodes are not a parameter for publishing the final evaluation, and these publications harm the audience that seeks to enjoy the series, taking as a parameter what I had repercussions on the forum. If you publish in the bio, you are damaging the series.

How long will MAL administrators allow this type of antics?
Apr 21, 2021 12:26 AM

Feb 2014
I thought this would be something like Kino's Journey, but this turned out to be the reciprocation of a particular chapter in Kino's Journey that made hearts aflutter and break apart only to mend it later. A true masterpiece in the making and a nostalgic 90's arts style.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 21, 2021 12:43 AM
Jun 2020
Really promising show, I loved episode 1 and 2 I can see this show becoming a masterpiece if it carries on with this amazing quality.
Apr 21, 2021 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
huh, way to demolish a story for a 9 to a 4.

It was obvious that the story won't be the same as episode one. but this lazy overdone emotionally manipulative plot is just plain embarrassing. What is next? More children and disabled people stories to call sympathy?
Apr 21, 2021 2:19 AM

Dec 2020
March really is adorable. And the orb mc really eating a fruit like a wolf lol
Apr 21, 2021 4:25 AM
Feb 2018
death flag for march and parona ??????
Apr 21, 2021 5:00 AM

Feb 2020
Matcha win this round.. dman you show
Apr 21, 2021 5:14 AM
May 2020
davidyodo24 said:
Damn the OP hits hard...
Utada Hikaru is a Legend.

I'm curious is the village in Japan?
What era is this? (No need to answer it, it just theoretical question)
My god this stupid ritual religion thing.
People really doing this back then.

This is so fucked up, sacrifice a child...
Poor March.

Hayase first potential Waifu??? Hell yeah

I like the story, it just sadness and sorrow... (playing Naruto OST)

To your Eternity is absulotely a fictional world that is loosely based in real world setting.

Basically the boy's village is located in eastern most Russia, Siberia maybe. As the orb travels downside. He finds himself at March's village, which are "design wise" based from the Ainus (indigenous people living in the northern parts of japan). In golden kamuy its possible to go from japan to russia when the ocean is frozen.
And Hayase of Yanome clan, dons samurai like armor padding so "design wise" the yanome is the parallel of Japan samurai era.

This is why a lot of plans complain in the localized english summary of To your eternity cause it says the boy is from somewhere North America which is not.

Though the practices may have taken inspiration of different cultures so I can only speak for design and location inspiration.
Sonson7Apr 21, 2021 5:19 AM
Apr 21, 2021 8:15 AM
Oct 2019
great episode but i have one question
why did the color of Fushi's eyes change after eating fruits?
Apr 21, 2021 10:09 AM

Feb 2020
The Episode made remember Hyakkimaru and Dororo.
The Vibes were strong in this one.
Apr 21, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2016
jTiKey said:

It was obvious that the story won't be the same as episode one. but this lazy overdone emotionally manipulative plot is just plain embarrassing. What is next? More children and disabled people stories to call sympathy?
Thank you. I should have known better with the author being who it is, but I thought she might have grown as a writer since Koe no Katachi. Glad I didn't place any bets on that, lol.

March was moe-bait of the highest order. Whatever I mildly enjoyed about episode one was blown to shit with her introduction. A shame, really.
Apr 21, 2021 6:19 PM
Aug 2016
This episode reminds me of Dororo somehow

Another great episode… looking forward for the next episode
Apr 21, 2021 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
I do not know what is going to happen to March...but I expect someone to die...and I dont know if my heart is ready for it.

Insanely great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 21, 2021 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
For a long time, I've craved an anime that can give me that magical, nostalgic, feeling; something like Natsume's Book of Friends. And with the OST, and the overall vibe, this anime seems to be giving that. I think at the rate this anime is going, I'm going to come to love it.

It's still so weird to me how this anime reminds me of Kino's Journey, despite being much less philosophical, and much more emotional, driven.

The OP is weird, but kinda ambitious. Same with the ED. This is definitely one of those anime that has passion put behind it.

deafnote said:
jTiKey said:

Thank you. I should have known better with the author being who it is, but I thought she might have grown as a writer since Koe no Katachi. Glad I didn't place any bets on that, lol.

March was moe-bait of the highest order. Whatever I mildly enjoyed about episode one was blown to shit with her introduction. A shame, really.

I get the feeling most of the anime is going to feature one dimensional characters, like March and the boy in the 1st ep. Still, I think we can feel some form of emotional impact, despite that. That's kind of the problem with episodic drama anime; drama anime tend to be expected to have really good characters, so you feel their pain more. But when the anime's episodic, when characters have 1-2 episodes of screentime, it's kinda hard to deliver on that.

Trefoil said:
Adekzinho said:
This OP is awful, it's basically an AMV with so many impactful spoilers, feels like they put all resources on Hikaru Utada song... awful

Yeah it could have been a lot better. Its unfortunate too because the Utada Hikaru song is amazing

As an anime only viewer, I don't feel spoiled by the OP; since I have no clue what's going on in it.
removed-userApr 21, 2021 9:24 PM
Apr 21, 2021 9:24 PM
May 2020
deafnote said:
jTiKey said:

@jTiKey
Again I respect your opinion but I highly disagree with them.
That being said, I would like to know what is manipulative for you and what is not.

And March's being a child sacrifice being overdone? Like the only anime I can immediately remember is Hyakimaru and that.plays out differently than this one.

Is making a a story which is specifically written to be sad/tragic be structured around sad setting, character backstory, supporting soundtrack, voice acting, visual expressions, etc a bad thing? Is that emotionally manipulative? If it is then what sad story is not? Cause I ask someone who commented the same line and the only thing that he/her use to back up his claims is his 24 years of watching anime ohh. Yeah thats you
Sonson7Apr 21, 2021 9:35 PM
Apr 21, 2021 10:49 PM

Apr 2018
March is so adorable its sad that she was chosen to get sacrificed. ;-;
Apr 22, 2021 12:13 AM
Dec 2018
When the boy came back to life, it was kinda spooky but so cool. Looking forward to coming episodes uwu
Apr 22, 2021 1:54 AM

Nov 2018
Just started watching ep 2, got to the OP, haven't finished it yet. But, I have a question. The alien wolf could heal itself (within "20 seconds", although almost instantly on screen) and didn't seem to need to eat (the impression I got is that it only ate because it was imitating the boy).

But, then in episode 2, the alien boy's leg doesn't seem to heal and he's starving to death over and over. It seems like a contradiction. Is this explained in the manga?

Apr 22, 2021 6:31 AM

Oct 2016
@Sonson7

Are you quoting me?

Speaking for myself, the emotions expressed here don't reflect anything I've ever experienced, so it doesn't move me at all. It obviously works for you and many others watching, which is fine. But from my point of view, all I see are sad people being sad. That's all this show is required to do though, but that's still a little too shallow for me. I need something with more layers in order to really feel for these characters and I personally haven't seen that yet. Maybe I'll get what I'm looking for if I keep watching, but I'm not confident that will happen.
Apr 22, 2021 6:50 AM
May 2020
deafnote said:
@Sonson7

Are you quoting me?

Speaking for myself, the emotions expressed here don't reflect anything I've ever experienced, so it doesn't move me at all. It obviously works for you and many others watching, which is fine. But from my point of view, all I see are sad people being sad. That's all this show is required to do though, but that's still a little too shallow for me. I need something with more layers in order to really feel for these characters and I personally haven't seen that yet. Maybe I'll get what I'm looking for if I keep watching, but I'm not confident that will happen.

Nah.. mostly jTiKey.
And thanks for replying, a lot of layers are in the early arcs though I don't know if that click for you still. Hope you enjoy the show though.
Apr 22, 2021 9:16 AM
Apr 2018
I really like where things are going in this anime. If done right, this can very well be a contender for anime of the year.
Apr 22, 2021 3:32 PM
Jun 2013
As expected with a anime that starts that great and keep being very good in the 2nd episode, we will have that classic kind of people trying so hard to find negative stuff to say about the show, reading stuff like "it's too anime" "March was moe bait" and etc is hilarious, seriously people, this is a shounen manga from the same magazine of Fairy Tail, Nanatsu, Fire Force and a hundred of romcoms, isn't trying to be some pretentious "artsy" seinen that no one read in Japan, and if someone was expecting that, that's on you, not the author kkkk
Apr 22, 2021 7:51 PM

Aug 2015
Awww oh my god March finally gets to be a mom T.T

Ready for episode 3 to destroy me :(
Apr 22, 2021 8:19 PM

Jul 2014
I'm sure this one will be my favorite. It has so much potential fr
Apr 22, 2021 9:41 PM

Jan 2021
People who give this show low scores are either “funny, quirky” trolls, or elitists who think that they have good, unique opinions, when in reality they’re just denying this work of art in all of its glory.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 22, 2021 9:51 PM

Aug 2016
MoonDragon72 said:
Is anyone else getting Studio Ghibli vibes from this? Because I am. I can definitely see some Miyazaki and Takahata influence in this, which is definitely a good thing.

That scene with the fruit was really funny. It's good to see that this show has a good balance of humor and emotional moments.

except this anime in 2 episodes managed to give better characterizations than any movie from that overrated studio.
:v
Apr 22, 2021 10:06 PM

Nov 2015
I love the opening. both visually and the song. The ending was great too. The OST in this show is really standing out in general.
Apr 22, 2021 11:59 PM

Nov 2018
Not nearly as emotional for me as the first episode, but not terrible either. March is a cute loli, so she helped this episode. But, the alien didn't have much to do this time. Yet again there are some majorly heavy child-related themes, so I'm guessing the entire season is going to be pretty messed up. Will be curious to see if her leg gets injured before she dies, like the wolf and the boy (and perhaps reading way too much into this, the moss might be considered an injury on the rock). Note: I'm just assuming March is going to die, I don't actually know.
Apr 23, 2021 12:53 AM
Jun 2020
Xenocrisi said:
The OP is visually good and the song is catchy, but they didn’t really have to put literally all the events that will happen from the manga. Of course anime onlies won’t understand most of them, but it sure gives away A LOT, like almost everything. Yeah I feel like this could be totally avoided and I don’t like how it was handled.

Anyways, great episode once again. March is cute asf

As an anime only and producer in marketing for my own films, this OP is great and visually I do not see anything that I can anticipate happening, nor will I go out of my way to dissect each frame we get... this is a fresh op and I’m into this story after 2 episodes I’m hooked. When we finish this season I will then be able to make out the OP story and when I look back 5hears from now, I will be able to recall the story and it’s feelings it gave me. That is pretty much the point of the OP. You are just mistaken since you read the manga already
Apr 23, 2021 12:55 AM
Jun 2020
Episode 2 just finished and as an AOT stan. I can see this being anime of the year possibly. I would give it to Wonder Egg, but it’s ending was trash

The directing we got in these two episodes were great and I already am loving the main character. There is already a thickening plot and I’m excited to see how well they handle the rest of this season as it looks hella promising and really good! Glad people hyped this show up because I ended up watching because of the hype, and I am pleased
Apr 23, 2021 8:52 AM
Jan 2018
For some reason the op is giving me vibes of shiki no uta from samurai champloo for some reason
Apr 23, 2021 11:18 AM

Dec 2019
every episode feels like a movie, the sound design & background music is so good.. i'm excited for this!
Apr 23, 2021 11:39 AM

Oct 2016
What a fantastic first half. I hope March slowly gets over her nightmares.
burn the witch
Apr 23, 2021 11:44 AM
Feb 2021
The storyline is so great...to be honest i cant just hold my tears after wwatching these 2 episodes.....they are just so heart breaking that i cant just express them in words... its probably gonna be one of the masterpieces ngl
Apr 24, 2021 10:56 AM

May 2015
I wonder if he/it has limit to regeneration part.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 25, 2021 5:56 AM
May 2020
This episode reminded me a lot about Dororo, maybe because of the child and the silent guy. The regeneration scene was really cool, studio put a lot of effort in it. I would say episode was good, but something just felt off for me. I think I need to watch few more episodes before deciding how I feel about this show. Also, I didn't really like the OP. Song was fine, but visuals just weren't for me.

4/5 episode.
Apr 25, 2021 10:54 AM
May 2016
And dropped. Just like Koe no Katachi, an emotional dramas with intentionally sad scenes mangled by illogical plot elements. Right in the 1st episode it experienced pain for the first time and decided that the wound must be removed only 20 seconds later, but in the next one it kept the wound for 5 lives straight. Why? To "remember" the boy? Yeah nah, it didn't even have emotions let alone intelligence at that point. Another problem is that it didn't eat or DRINK in the beginning of the 1st episode at least for almost 3 days (travelled to the boy's house til night 1, skipped the soup on night 2, only eat the fish head on night 3) but was still fine so I assume it didn't need nourishment (probably because it is an experiment alien), then on episode 2 the narrator straight up said that it didn't get nourishment and so died quickly. How? There are still more problems with the mimic mechanics and the way its "human feeling" is created and maintained, and that's only 2 episodes in.
I'm not usually this critical of anime logic but that's only for comedy or action films, not dramas and especially dramas related to death. If you want to make me feel sorry for the characters, do so with enough logic that I can't immediately think "Why the fuck did you do it?" or "How was that scenario possible in the first place?" because if I'm sorry for the characters I will pull out all of your plot holes and nonsensical mechanics before dropping your film altogether.
Apr 25, 2021 12:50 PM

Apr 2018
It's almost as if religious beliefs are harmful delusions.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.