Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this episode is really something else. Wasn't expecting such Digimon that size and magnitude to appear.

It felt like watching two Godzilla-like titans in a duel.
Apr 17, 2021 8:04 PM

Feb 2019
Hikari episodes are always nice! Petaldramon’s sacrifice is going to be an important lesson for she and Angewomon going forward. The animation during the final 5-6 minutes was great too. Good job Toei
Apr 17, 2021 8:44 PM
Aug 2017
Pretty gruesome episode with all the impaling ion that kaiju fight, reminds me of Parrotmon VS Greymon in the series' 1999 Pilot OVA (dub movie removed those parts)
Apr 17, 2021 11:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Petaldramon is like Torterra but with a weird design... well the ending was pretty good I would say even though it was bit sad, at least now they have their real forest thanks to him
Apr 18, 2021 12:40 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Petaldramon, it was a good digi.
Apr 18, 2021 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
that rivals Godzilla vs Kong movie huh lol

and i cannot believe this 2 giant digimons are just ultimate levels

ah well in the end Petaldramon becomes a literal new forest

bittersweet ending

next episode we finally see a new mega level which is MetalGarurumon
Apr 18, 2021 2:44 AM
Sep 2015
This reboot continue to break all Digimon tradition I know. Usually the children have to intervene the battle and side with good Digimon, but not this, they just let wild Digimon fight until it's over.
Apr 18, 2021 3:01 AM
Oct 2012
Anybody caught the nods to Ghibli in this episode?

A nice sentimental episode this time, and Hikari got some character development instead of being silent most episodes.
Apr 18, 2021 5:55 AM

Jul 2017
regulusgal said:
Anybody caught the nods to Ghibli in this episode?
The episode title is a giveaway LOLs.

Petaldramon, haven't seen that Digmon in quite awhile, and a good Digimon at that. This is similar to the one huge aerial Digimon episodes back in terms of story, and this episode giving Hikari some character development.

Entmon's decaying power vs. Petaldramon's forest power, the battle of the Ultimates that no DigiDestined can interfere (except Hikari). Petaldramon may be gone, but standing in its place is a new forest.

Bittersweet episode that churns out differently.
Apr 18, 2021 6:19 AM
Oct 2016
I think lilimon would have been a better fit for this episode, the ending is so similar to mimi's episode 12 against andromon. The ending scene with the blooming flowers reminded me of Togemon evolution to lilimon.
Angewomon's saint air was amazing! But she needs to start fighting, she is only supporting others.
Apr 18, 2021 6:38 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Did the animation tank in the second half of the episode?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 18, 2021 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
New digimon throughout the episode, the fights were fun.
Apr 18, 2021 8:30 AM

Dec 2013
Petaldramon was a lovely and kind digimon, only complain I really have about the episode is that I wish we could have bonded more with it, hate how episodic everything is and it could have been "fixed" by making Petaldramon be the one who helped the kids instead of Eldoradimon.

As much as this episodes have improved it would be nice if the plot would go somewhere, I think nothing has happened in like the past 20 episodes.
Apr 18, 2021 8:39 AM

Mar 2015
This episode seems completely pointless. The story was introduced and resolved in one episode and the execution was as basic as it gets. You don't even get to learn anything new about the characters. It was kinda focused on Hikari and she acted exactly as you would expect throughout the whole thing - bland af. It really is just pointless filler at this point. lol
Apr 18, 2021 10:02 AM
Feb 2020
That was annoying, only Agumon even got an evolution cutscene

Finally we get the non-Agumon Mega, I'm losing hope that anyone else will get there

And Petaldramon didn't even have animation on it's face for the first 10 minutes
BastionoApr 18, 2021 10:07 AM
Apr 18, 2021 12:23 PM
Jun 2019
Usually this show is pretty entertaining to OK for me, but I have to say, this episode really bothered me. The death of petaldramon is very contrived. Incredibly contrived. It was completely unnecessary and frustrating to watch the kids power up their digimon only to Champion level and fail to save their big buddy. I always consider contrived deaths and other things to be signs of really bad writing. It would not have been difficult for the writers to create a more compelling story here. But we just get another random digimon that comes out of nowhere that, for no reason, the children can't save. Really didn't like this one. Not nearly as good as the previous episode with the adorable "mimigo!" stuff going on.
Apr 18, 2021 5:20 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
next ep PV had me like

WELL WELL WELL IF IT ISN'T ABOUT GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING TIME!!!!
Apr 18, 2021 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
Petaldramon is a dragon plant digimon and it seem Entmon is a decaying plant monster. So it was plant on plant hate crime.

I did expect old digimon from other franchise appearing in this version, but not expecting them to be monstrous size.

It was nice Hikari character development episode.
Apr 19, 2021 7:59 AM
Oct 2019
My god, why they made Hikari looks so idiot?
Running in front of two Kaiju Digimon just for Crying and Screaming digimon name for Tailmon to Super Digivolve.
Can't you do it from far away? LMAO

Why do we back to Boring Episode like this ?
I'm almost fall asleep watching this episode.
Another bad writing episode...
Pointless and not Entertaining at all.
Apr 19, 2021 10:03 PM
Jun 2019
davidyodo24 said:
Running in front of two Kaiju Digimon just for Crying and Screaming digimon name for Tailmon to Super Digivolve.

You got that right. It was incredibly annoying to watch her just standing there and being sad. And why would Angewomon not even help Petaldramon??? UGHH
Apr 19, 2021 10:22 PM
Oct 2019
LambdaMan93 said:
davidyodo24 said:

You got that right. It was incredibly annoying to watch her just standing there and being sad. And why would Angewomon not even help Petaldramon??? UGHH

Yeah they really made Hikari annoying to watch...
Just another example of bad writing...
May 1, 2021 1:11 PM

Jul 2008
So...they just redid the Guardromon episode only with titan size digimon.
May 15, 2021 6:36 PM

Feb 2015
Oh wow, Hikari actually stopped being bland for a change. This reboot did her really dirty until now, so I'm glad to see such a nice episode with her as the main focus.
I'm kinda sad we didn't get Nefertimon tho - Ponchomon (and especially Pegasmon) kinda got my hopes up.
It was nice to see Petaldramon again after Frontier & Entmon has a pretty nice design (which is kinda rare for "newer" evil coded Digimon). I also liked that all the kids and their Digimon got to fight the same enemy in their adult forms (the reboot mostly used their perfect levels for fights they all participated in).
It was kinda nice that they let Petaldramon do most of the fighting tho. The kids didn't really participate in this and I think that was a good choice.

Two good episodes in a row, never thought that would happen tbh.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Aug 13, 2021 9:21 PM

Jan 2012
A surprisingly emotionally resonant episode. I was left a but misty eyed by the end, which I didn't think would happen at all with this show, but here we are. RIP Petaldramaon. I couldn't help but think a bit of Yukio Oikawa from Digimon Adventure Series 2 all those years ago at the end there.
Aug 31, 2021 10:40 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was too straightforward for my liking. Feel like they could've done more with it.
Feb 13, 2022 4:30 AM

Feb 2020
Bittersweet ending. :< RIP Petaldramon.
Aug 14, 2023 6:46 PM
Aug 2020
Hikari "I want to help petaldramon"
also Hikari : just fucking stands there staring as everyone else fights to defend said petaldramon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.