Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2021 2:14 PM
Jan 2021
I have had this anime in my plan to watch list for 5 months and started binging it all and finished it today. My god I didn't expect it to be that good I am really glad I decided to watch it after all this time. My only complaint is that it's too short I wanted to watch more of it
MrFlakeyApr 17, 2021 2:17 PM
Apr 17, 2021 3:14 PM
Nov 2019
Agreed, hecking love this show, it’s been nudged off my top three over time but it’s still fantastic
Apr 17, 2021 3:18 PM
Jan 2021
I mean an anime doesn’t need a right to be good. Most people rate on enjoyment and if the anime is enjoyable it gets a high score. It’s that easy
Apr 17, 2021 3:19 PM

Jan 2020
It does get a lot of criticism from some people but personally, I enjoyed it too

Apr 17, 2021 3:24 PM
Dec 2020
Despite its flaws I personally enjoyed watching it. The mc was fun and that last episode is such a good concept just executed poorly. If it was split cour with the entire second half being him hunting others it would’ve probably been rated a bit higher.
said the lolicon bastard
Apr 17, 2021 3:38 PM
Oct 2020
This show is a masterpiece for me just the way it was made
Apr 17, 2021 3:39 PM
Feb 2021
The first 6 episodes were more or less boring or slow paced but God damn the rest was just fire; this anime easily surpasses any character development I've ever seen till date and may be on the top for a long time to come. I also wish it had more episodes
Apr 17, 2021 4:04 PM
Apr 2020
It was good until the last few episodes
Apr 17, 2021 4:13 PM
Apr 2021
MrFlakey said:
I have had this anime in my plan to watch list for 5 months and started binging it all and finished it today. My god I didn't expect it to be that good I am really glad I decided to watch it after all this time. My only complaint is that it's too short I wanted to watch more of it
ya I agree but part of what's good about it is it doesn't make filler episode like they could have made a 50 ep series going to different people the whole time but there was no filler witch is part of why it's so good and because it's just good
Apr 17, 2021 4:36 PM

Jan 2009
I liked the last episode a lot, I think it was done well but it could have been done a lot better. Charlotte was a great show, it was way too short though unfortunately
Apr 17, 2021 4:48 PM
Mar 2021
It was a decent anime I enjoyed it but those last few episodes where just a cluster fuck, it was just all over the place.
Apr 17, 2021 5:40 PM

Jul 2020
I was greatly surprised by the last episodes according to all the negative things I have heard about it. I think this show was pretty mid from the beggining to the conclusion. Jun Maeda has done better but it's still enjoyable and the length makes it really accessible.
[center][img]signature.png[/img][/center]
Apr 17, 2021 5:48 PM

Sep 2014
This show is overhated by wannabe critics. The show being enjoyable is what that count the most. Fast pacing is not always a bad thing given that it was what made Charlotte so much fun to watch.
Apr 17, 2021 6:49 PM

Feb 2020
Hrybami said:
This show is overhated by wannabe critics. The show being enjoyable is what that count the most.

Many people enjoy objectively good pieces of work, dissecting how it was written, animated and composed as well as commenting on every nuance and detail. And they can just as easily say that those that liked Charlotte don't have standards. Talking about standards, this might just be the reason many people didn't enjoy this, whenever a KEY Studios show is announced, expectations are high considering their track record, this one specifically had Angels Beats' shoes to fill, even people who liked Charlotte will most likely admit the quality drop compared to PA Works+Jun Maeda previous show.

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."
Apr 17, 2021 7:01 PM

Sep 2014
VelosBR said:
Hrybami said:
This show is overhated by wannabe critics. The show being enjoyable is what that count the most.

Many people enjoy objectively good pieces of work, dissecting how it was written, animated and composed as well as commenting on every nuance and detail. And they can just as easily say that those that liked Charlotte don't have standards. Talking about standards, this might just be the reason many people didn't enjoy this, whenever a KEY Studios show is announced, expectations are high considering their track record, this one specifically had Angels Beats' shoes to fill, even people who liked Charlotte will most likely admit the quality drop compared to PA Works+Jun Maeda previous show.

"Objectively good piece of works"
People still believe in that lie? Imagine having so little standard that you have to take the ones from someone else. In case you didn't know yet, everyone is a critic. The ability to voice your thoughts don't make your taste better than another person. That's why I call those who think they have superior taste as "wannabe critic".
Apr 17, 2021 7:38 PM

Feb 2020
Hrybami said:
People still believe in that lie?
I mean, unless you tell me there's no difference in quality between Redo of Healer and Clannad After Story, that's no lie.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a bad show and there's also nothing wrong with enjoying a good show. People should be proud of their taste, and stop caring about scores and other people not enjoying the same things they do.

Hrybami said:
That's why I call those who think they have superior taste as "wannabe critic".
But if peolple didn't enjoy it, why would they praise it? We all end up hating on somthing we don't like, on different levels but it's hate the same way. What you call "Overhating" might just be a ton of people that didn't enjoy it, and because it's agreat number of people, their voices are heard considerably more.

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."
Apr 17, 2021 7:44 PM
Mar 2021
i honestly love this show so much, it’s my top fourth, but the flaws kinda ruined it but other than that i love jt
Apr 17, 2021 8:04 PM

Sep 2014
VelosBR said:
Hrybami said:
People still believe in that lie?
I mean, unless you tell me there's no difference in quality between Redo of Healer and Clannad After Story, that's no lie.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a bad show and there's also nothing wrong with enjoying a good show. People should be proud of their taste, and stop caring about scores and other people not enjoying the same things they do.

The quality here is so abstract and could refer to a thousand of different and subjective things that it doesn't make any sense to call something "objectively good".

I agree that people should be proud of their taste and stop caring on scores.

Hrybami said:
That's why I call those who think they have superior taste as "wannabe critic".
But if peolple didn't enjoy it, why would they praise it? We all end up hating on somthing we don't like, on different levels but it's hate the same way. What you call "Overhating" might just be a ton of people that didn't enjoy it, and because it's agreat number of people, their voices are heard considerably more.

This world is not as fair as you think. There's more reasons for saying that something is shit than just straight up not liking it. Maeda Jun? Hates it. Good animation? The animation carried the whole show. Something left not fully explained? Plot holes!

I've seen all the excuses for not liking a show that it doesn't surprise me anymore. I'm not saying people aren't allowed to dislike it. However, the wannabe critics that are fully convinced it's a bad anime don't make the best arguments.

I think the fact that this show was hated since its announcement could tell how unfairly hated this anime is. Some anime get cursed with a bad reputation while other anime are receiving the opposite reception although they both are somewhat similar.
Apr 17, 2021 8:18 PM
Apr 2020
The plot twists kinda meh.. but i love the engrish tho
Apr 17, 2021 8:59 PM

Apr 2020
I enjoyed this series too but the last episode kinda made me disappointed. I gave it a good score since the episodes other than the last are enjoyable to me.
-Kazuma_Apr 17, 2021 9:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2021 9:11 PM

Feb 2021
Are we just judging the first 4 eps here? Becuase the rest was awful, it was full of plot holes and sudden 180s until they got to a point where they realised they couldn’t do a 2nd season, so they stuffed it all in the last ep. I guess it’ll be remembered becuase it’s Jun Maeda, but man was it a letdown for sure.
Apr 17, 2021 11:51 PM

Nov 2020
I agree it was a pretty good show for me too...
Wish there was more... T_T
Apr 18, 2021 12:02 AM
Feb 2021
one of the most boring anime i have ever seen, i saw 5 episodes and nothing happened in my opinion dont watch it
Apr 18, 2021 2:06 AM
Dec 2020
I dropped it due to the poor writing and lazy storyline, I think that shows how not good it is.
Apr 18, 2021 3:57 AM
Apr 2020
Is so good I love it so much
Apr 18, 2021 5:39 AM
Jan 2021
I like the beginning episodes, but as the story progress some bs just got introduced like time travel and skill steal I just lost interest at that point. I mean it's still a decent show with some good scenes.
Apr 18, 2021 6:56 AM
Jun 2020
Because it has the power to move people's heart and their soul
Apr 18, 2021 7:37 AM
Jul 2019
I really loved this anime everything about it. But the final episode was sadly rushed. All it needed was one more episode to fix the pacing it's such a shame.
Apr 18, 2021 8:22 AM
Jan 2021
charlotte is for sure one of the best animes i've been recommended by someone, i like it a lot, the concept and storyline are really cool.
bjobearJun 17, 2021 6:00 AM
Apr 18, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
It's okay. Would've been better if it was a 24-episode show
Apr 18, 2021 1:53 PM
Oct 2020
It’s easily the worst show I’ve ever watched
this opinion has been certified based and correct
Apr 18, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2020
I understand that the creator of this is the same as angel beats and kamisama ni natta hi. please tell me this is different from those two shows.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 18, 2021 3:19 PM
Jan 2021
Leoradiuju2004 said:
I understand that the creator of this is the same as angel beats and kamisama ni natta hi. please tell me this is different from those two shows.
I haven't watched them yet. But it was good imo idk why so many people are complaining and saying there are plot hole when I didn't feel there were that many. But I guess it's one of these shows that the overall enjoyment isn't based on how good the writing and the story are it depends on how deep it hits you and if it hit deep you just forget about all the flaws and enjoy yourself. If you do watch it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did
Apr 19, 2021 10:27 PM
Mar 2021
idk maybe its just short and dramatic??
Apr 19, 2021 10:31 PM

Mar 2016
I really liked it at first but the ending felt rushed imo.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police šŸ˜«
Apr 22, 2021 4:39 AM

Mar 2021
To be honest it was the first anime I watched the storyline was interesting and I enjoyed it but it was short
May 2, 2021 10:10 PM

Jan 2021
Hella rushed at the end. Would’ve been better if it was 24 episodes.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.