Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2021 12:01 AM
Sep 2015
I've actually curious more on the Dragon Knight system, did Mother of Dragon had sex with injured Dragon Knight before he died? And she gives birth between her and former Dragon Knight, and had sex with her son again to produce new Dragon Knight, is this incest? Not that I've a problem with that.

I actually love the Dragon Knight system, that means Dragon Knight should be a virgin for the rest of his life (minus the moment the Mother Dragon take him), and I like virgin knight the most! And while young Baran is so hot, his only sin for himself (and for me) is that he had a relationship with a woman, but if he didn't have one, we wouldn't have the adventure of Dai. So he has to compensate me by showing his bare chest, at the very least ;)

Talking about bare chest, seeing Hyunckel fight shirtless for the whole episode almost send me to heaven! I hope he'll be a lone wolf for the rest of his life.
phantomfandomApr 17, 2021 12:06 AM
Apr 17, 2021 12:08 AM

Sep 2020
Another badly animated fight, they either running out of budget or save it all up for the upcoming Baran fight. One moment the spear cut open Hyunckel chest then the next hundred thrusts suddenly no longer puncture his skin, this is why this show will never get above a 7 in ratings lol

Hopefully we'll get to see Poop-kun skull getting crushed next ep jk

Le-Conteur said:

When i read it , for me, it was just an emotional hug. Now that we have the anime adaptation and i rewatch this image, yes, indeed, i see it a kiss . On the cheek on the lips we don't know clearly :p

That was clearly a kiss on the eyeball

Elma_fer said:
Did Leona really kiss Dai? What. Why did it seem like there is no reaction on both of them after that if they actually kissed? Maybe it was a hug or something then

What reaction are you looking for? Dai creaming his pants and Leona gushing like the Niagara falls?

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Apr 17, 2021 12:49 AM

Jun 2011
Enjoyed this episode a lot..
- Leona x Dai <3.. i agree with everyone i thought it was a hug in the manga.

- Baran backstory with Soala :( .. it hits the feels.

- The last clash between Larhart & Hyunckel was intense.

Edit:: btw, some scenes of the backstory was in the beginning of EP1.
Satou0KunApr 17, 2021 12:57 AM
Apr 17, 2021 1:35 AM

Jul 2009
Futari_no_Ossan said:
this is why this show will never get above a 7 in ratings lol

The score is always above 7. What are you talking about?
Apr 17, 2021 1:38 AM

Sep 2020
Tribunus said:

The score is always above 7. What are you talking about?

I don't talk about decimals especially 0.08

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Apr 17, 2021 2:27 AM

Sep 2013
Really good flashback i'm surprised a nekketsu from the 90s could tell something like that

Very nice animation from toei too

I'm glad i didn't drop this.
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 17, 2021 5:57 AM

Aug 2018
Spoilers in next episodes' previews are getting out of hand, as expected of Toei.
Guess it's time to stop watching them altogether.
Apr 17, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2015
Baran's hypocrisy reminds me of Lucy's from Elfen Lied.
Both hate humans, yet fell in love with one. I wonder if Baran realises, there might be some kind humans like his wife too and how many killed so far.
Probably will, because it's obvious he will pull Karma Houdini and will turn to good side like Crocodine and Hyunkel.

_Endless_ said:
Spoilers in next episodes' previews are getting out of hand, as expected of Toei.
Guess it's time to stop watching them altogether.

A lot of anime is recently totally spoiling next episodes in previews. Not only Toei. I recommend to avoid PVs in general. Currently airing Vivy totally spoiled 4th episode.

Apr 17, 2021 8:33 AM

Mar 2010
Twas a good comeback. Hmm blaming all humans is the most beta thing to do, i feel for baran tho.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 17, 2021 9:07 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
That was a sad story between Baran and Soala because the two of them should be living peacefully. I guess the humans scared of the fact that there will be two Dragon Knights in a generation. Soala's sacrifice gave birth to Baran's rage against the humans and that was more than enough to allow him to join the Dark Lord and serve in the Dark Army. It also explains how Dai ended up on that island when the ship he was on was lost at sea. I really feel for Baran because all he wants is his son back no matter the cost and he is the only one that can teach Dai the secrets of the Dragon Crest. Hyunckel managed to defeat Larhart, but somehow one of the Dragon Riders manged to survive and now has Popp.

What a cliffhanger?

I also think that Leona stole a kiss from Dai since she still has feelings for him.
Apr 17, 2021 9:34 AM

Apr 2020
What a perfect episode.

Holy shit, Baran wiped a whole kingdom alone. They deserved it. The fight between Hyunckel and Larhalt was awesome.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 17, 2021 10:19 AM

Nov 2020
The scene where Soala names Dino to the boy and tell the meaning of the name is also original of the anime, very nice.
Apr 17, 2021 12:41 PM

May 2018
Hyunckel is built different I swear!

Dai beginning to remember his memories again... but through deja vu lol
Apr 17, 2021 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Finally it showed over Baran that was very sad with the death of dino's mother or Daí.
Apr 17, 2021 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! we finally get to see the glimpse of Dai mother! VA is Kayano Ai
Great! Hyunckel obliterated Larhalt using Grand Cross!
Popp being useless again! and deadweight even to Hyunckel!
5/5.

Apr 17, 2021 10:18 PM

Dec 2018
I totally saw a kiss there too lol

And Hyun should already be dead with so many spears to the chest, but you know plot armor right? XD
Apr 18, 2021 5:25 AM

Nov 2020
Hyunckel have lv30 with phisical high defense xDDDD.
Apr 19, 2021 8:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ngl, that was some real tragic story from Baran. Even though its a classic clicheness, i mean look at that cartoonish filthy hooman. But man, good job with that bgm, really touched my heart very well. No wonder Baran went crazy shit and fell into such a depression.

Meanwhile, Hyunckel always be a Hyunckel, dodged and saving the Grand Cross attack in the last second. Sasuga! Too bad that Walrus still alive, and might get stab by Larhart. Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 19, 2021 9:14 AM
Dec 2020
badabass said:
Ngl, that was some real tragic story from Baran. Even though its a classic clicheness, i mean look at that cartoonish filthy hooman. But man, good job with that bgm, really touched my heart very well. No wonder Baran went crazy shit and fell into such a depression.

Meanwhile, Hyunckel always be a Hyunckel, dodged and saving the Grand Cross attack in the last second. Sasuga! Too bad that Walrus still alive, and might get stab by Larhart. Lets see next!

Stop acting like a child and post spoilers while acting like a smartass.
Alot of us already read the whole Manga but there are others who didn't and they shouldn't be spoiled by a stupid post such as yours.
Apr 19, 2021 9:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
BaraaKLF992 said:
badabass said:

Alot of us already read the whole Manga but there are others who didn't and they shouldn't be spoiled by a stupid post such as yours.

????
excuse me?
Lmao.
You really need to understand the purpose of the episode discussion.
Thanks me later.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

Apr 19, 2021 9:28 AM
Dec 2020
badabass said:
BaraaKLF992 said:

????
excuse me?
Lmao.
Thanks me later.

Discussing the episode is one thing but posting events that are going to happen in the next episode while acting like you are "guessing" is another thing
Apr 19, 2021 9:50 AM

Dec 2020
BaraaKLF992 said:
badabass said:

????
excuse me?
Lmao.
Thanks me later.

Discussing the episode is one thing but posting events that are going to happen in the next episode while acting like you are "guessing" is another thing

Maybe he didn't spoil . Maybe he just guessed what will happen next ?
Apr 19, 2021 9:55 AM
Dec 2020
Le-Conteur said:
BaraaKLF992 said:

How can you look at this statement and think that it was just an innocent guess!
How can anyone see this coming!
Apr 19, 2021 11:58 AM

Dec 2020
If you have seen the preview of the next episode you can guess it. A lot of youtubers i follow dit it.

Only badabass can tell us if he guessed it or spoiled it on purpose. (if it is the second solution, indeed it's not really smart)
Apr 19, 2021 6:10 PM

Nov 2018
kissing a kid that's so wrong
Apr 19, 2021 6:14 PM

Dec 2020
ArisXav said:
kissing a kid that's so wrong

Dai is 12 and Leona is 14 years old for your information. So i think it's ok i guess.

(Maam and Popp are 16 and 15 / Hyunckel is 21 / Crocodine is 30)

Source : Perfect Work edition bible of Dai no Daibouben + characters sheet in the manga
Le-ConteurApr 19, 2021 6:19 PM
Apr 19, 2021 9:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Haha you are the one who act like a smartass here, judging one guess as a spoiler. Lmao. You should used your brain more sharply man before judging something you don't even know the real intention. Who are you? The mod? Come on! @BaraaKLF992

Le-Conteur said:

This is my exact intention. I am not even read the manga or whatever resource they got. Its pure guessing. Meanwhile, that smartass suddenly accused without a proper excuse. Wanna act like a hero, eh? But its wrong. Whatever man, really xD.

Le-Conteur said:
If you have seen the preview of the next episode you can guess it.

This bruh, this. @BaraaKLF992
And honestly i think its a wild and random guess word at first, while not even planning to act like a smartass you claim that suddenly arrive to talk shit. What the hell was that??!
badabassApr 19, 2021 10:01 PM

Apr 20, 2021 7:06 AM
Dec 2020
badabass said:
Haha you are the one who act like a smartass here, judging one guess as a spoiler. Lmao. You should used your brain more sharply man before judging something you don't even know the real intention. Who are you? The mod? Come on! @BaraaKLF992

Le-Conteur said:

This is my exact intention. I am not even read the manga or whatever resource they got. Its pure guessing. Meanwhile, that smartass suddenly accused without a proper excuse. Wanna act like a hero, eh? But its wrong. Whatever man, really xD.

Le-Conteur said:
If you have seen the preview of the next episode you can guess it.

This bruh, this. @BaraaKLF992
And honestly i think its a wild and random guess word at first, while not even planning to act like a smartass you claim that suddenly arrive to talk shit. What the hell was that??!

Ok.. I guess I have to apologize here.
Sorry man, I really thought you are spoiling on purpose.
You see,this story of Dai is pure epicness, that's why I get upset when someone spoils anything, I want people to feel first hand how awesome this show is..

I sincerely apologize that for acting like a couch and judging your intentions like that.
Apr 20, 2021 7:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, thats just fine @BaraaKLF992. Its really not a spoiler for me. If you can see my list i never get dq anytime, not even on my little brain. So, yeah its really a random word. But if its really look like a spoiler, man, i don't even know what shall i say. Maybe i shall really not saying anything in the future episode.

Well, anyway have fun watching and thanks for the reply. Its been a while since i received a chain post in the episode discussion before.

Apr 20, 2021 8:17 AM

Dec 2020
guys i need your opinion

My friend and I were discussing the difference between Popp and avan
he strongly believes that current Popp is stronger than avan , and of course i disagree with him

so i need your opinion
who's stronger ?? current Popp or Avan (when he was alive ) ??
Apr 20, 2021 10:50 AM

Dec 2020
There's no doubt to have ! Avan is way stronger !

Avan is a Hero class that posses all the spells Popp actually has. (maybe not Betan)
He got priest spells (his mahokator spell can protect an entire island)
He's able to use aura skills (Grand cross)
He's mastering all the great sword skills of the serie

He has a lot of knowledge, experience in battle.
Popp has low hp and defense. He's weak on melee fight He's around lvl 25 at this moment of the manga (character sheet wise)

We don't have Avan character's sheet but he's surely around lvl 50

So yes ok maybe if Avan and Popp cast a Merazoma. Popp's is stronger. In the pure magic way.

Another thing to mesure power isn't the way to go
We are in a rpg Each character has a class and a role in the party

Popp is already a great mage. his MP pool and Int is high. he excels in casting spells

Crocodine is the strongest and the more resistant etc.

Leona is the great healer and strategist

We could say Dai is OP but without his friends he's nothing IMO

Le-ConteurApr 20, 2021 10:58 AM
Apr 20, 2021 11:03 AM

Dec 2020
Avan vs Hyunckel is a more interresting debate
Apr 20, 2021 11:36 AM

Dec 2020
Le-Conteur said:
There's no doubt to have ! Avan is way stronger !

Avan is a Hero class that posses all the spells Popp actually has. (maybe not Betan)
He got priest spells (his mahokator spell can protect an entire island)
He's able to use aura skills (Grand cross)
He's mastering all the great sword skills of the serie

He has a lot of knowledge, experience in battle.
Popp has low hp and defense. He's weak on melee fight He's around lvl 25 at this moment of the manga (character sheet wise)

We don't have Avan character's sheet but he's surely around lvl 50

So yes ok maybe if Avan and Popp cast a Merazoma. Popp's is stronger. In the pure magic way.

Another thing to mesure power isn't the way to go
We are in a rpg Each character has a class and a role in the party

Popp is already a great mage. his MP pool and Int is high. he excels in casting spells

Crocodine is the strongest and the more resistant etc.

Leona is the great healer and strategist

We could say Dai is OP but without his friends he's nothing IMO

I fully agree with you
that's what I was trying to tell him! but he wouldn't listen lol
he keeps saying that Popp can cast a flight spell (toberuura) + Ruura , while avan can't
and he thinks that both toberuuraand Ruura are a powerful defense

besides he thinks ( Betan) beats all Avan's magic , abilitties and techniques including (Avan strash)

i had a very complicated discussion with him lol

Apr 25, 2021 3:39 AM

Jun 2015
Squeee. Shit just really real. Dias papa might not be a total sociopath hell bent on killing everyone, hes actually just trying to find his son. But us filthy humans, corrupt scum as as we are quite literally killed his wife. I shouldn't say it as I get banned, but I hope we all will just die. The world will be better off without us!!!!

P.s, I now really wonder the motives of the characters and whats going to happen moving forward. Squeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 25, 2021 12:30 PM
Dec 2015
I'm not entirely sure that was a kiss. It might be implied but I expected more of a reaction from dai (even though yes, he's an infant at that moment and might not care).

I just thought that was a hug, at least in the manga. Plus wouldn't it be weird for her to be kissing him in that state?

But who knows
Jul 19, 2021 8:03 AM
Oct 2019
What a Tragic backstory for Baran.
Very emotional, i kinda Understand him now.
Feb 15, 2022 11:12 AM
May 2020
baran has one sad backstory
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.