Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 16, 2021 12:04 PM
Dec 2020
This show was quite beautiful, it handled the heavy nitty gritty topics fairly well, and I would really hate to see it go out like this. It would be a crime to not get a season 2, really. So I was just wondering who else thinks this?
Apr 16, 2021 12:32 PM
Jun 2020
I agree, I think the way it brought up sensitive topics and handled them was really beautiful. The story has so much potential it would be so sad to see it end because of a few flaws. Every anime has flaws it’s just about improving upon them and having a better second season.
Apr 16, 2021 12:41 PM

Nov 2019
Tell me, what are the so-called minor flaws of this show? The ending?

I personally really liked the ending, sure it was confusing at first, but if you put the time to try and figure out what just happened. It's really not that difficult to understand. What I really liked about Wonder Egg Priority was how it made you try to think and didn't just serve all of the information on a silver plate.

But the execution has not occurred just yet, we'll have to wait for the specials to really grasp and see if it really tackled the topics to perfection or failed miserably trying.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Apr 16, 2021 12:59 PM

Sep 2020
The show has hundreds of favorites. Of course you aren't the only one who still loves it.
Apr 16, 2021 12:59 PM
Jun 2020
I definitely think it was a beautiful show and loved it shamelessly. It was looking at very important and sensitive topics and of course it was not flawless, but what is?
Genuinely enjoyed it, it was wholesome and very aesthetically pleasing.
Apr 16, 2021 1:00 PM
Aug 2020
You're not the only one. I love it despite its flaws. It's one of my favorites <3
Apr 16, 2021 1:09 PM
Mar 2021
no, you aren’t this show was still amazing and I would still recommend it to anyone who likes anything mystery and physiological. I think that a lot of people tend to forget that a lot happened behind the scenes that we don’t know about and it was really hard for people behind the scenes to even get the last few episodes out.
Apr 16, 2021 1:21 PM
Apr 2020
The best of this show is honestly enough to make me not care about the problems
Apr 16, 2021 1:45 PM
Nov 2020
Same for me, while i was watching the anime you could see some small ”flaws” here and there but the amazing animation combined with well written characters made the show more than enjoyable for me.
Apr 16, 2021 1:49 PM
Jan 2021
Well this is a weird thing to say, the show is marvelous, what r these flaws that u deemed so great that people would think less of such a gem, we all know the final is actually not the scheduled final and we will be getting another ep with a conclusion, other than that, the show carried it self beautifully, as a science fiction anime with extremely deep and fascinating themes with an interesting twists and gorgeous art and animation, sure people love to nitpick but provoking a conversation is what make a show great, for me this anime, is one of the tops of the winter season
Apr 16, 2021 3:50 PM
Mar 2021
It's getting a movie or ova in the summer so hopefully it'll wrap up nice
Apr 16, 2021 3:52 PM

Nov 2017
I loved it, the ending was kinda confusing but it was still good
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Apr 16, 2021 5:07 PM
Jan 2021
You're definitely not the only one, bud.
Apr 16, 2021 6:12 PM
Dec 2020
I am very sorry, I do not personally have any issues with it, and I really love it, just that there are some people saying something was wrong with it, and I wanted this little post to be free for anyone to share their opinion here! tl;dr I really love it nd I think there are no flaws!
Apr 17, 2021 2:55 AM
Apr 2021
I love this anime, the ending was kinda bad but then i remembered that E13 will come out in June so i gave it a 10/10 anyway. I loved the characters, art-style and the story is actually original(atleast, i’ve never seen a similar anime like this but that’s probably because i only watched like 10 in total)! Its also interesting that there are a lot of LGBT characters even though Japan isn’t very known for that. I basically just love everything about WEP except for that the finale will air June 29th....
Apr 18, 2021 3:02 AM
Mar 2021
Katsunslayer1 said:
This show was quite beautiful, it handled the heavy nitty gritty topics fairly well, and I would really hate to see it go out like this. It would be a crime to not get a season 2, really. So I was just wondering who else thinks this?
yes I agree there’s so much they still need to explain and let us see they can’t end it like this. I do really really really love this show tho.
Apr 18, 2021 5:08 PM

Jun 2020
Minor flaws? Minor? Phew a little more than minor. It looks beautiful probably one of the best animated anime ever. But story wise, kinda a snooze fest.

Even If We Painstakingly Piece Together Something Lost, It Doesn't Mean Things Will Ever go Back To How They Were - Guts

Apr 18, 2021 5:08 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
The flaws did drag it down but I still like it as a whole

Jun 29, 2021 9:32 AM

Oct 2008
A good show, solid 8/10 for me. Kind of looking forward to a sequel, if one ever comes out that is.
Jun 29, 2021 9:46 AM
Feb 2020
Yes this show is incredible. For some reason people just think “well I didn’t understand it so it’s bad”
Jun 29, 2021 9:52 PM
Sep 2019
I've loved all of what I've seen of WEP, but it's hard to judge it unless we know this is all we're getting, or there will be a season 2. It could still be a near masterpiece if we know this isn't the end, but if it is, that was just a sloppy and inconclusive way to end things.
Jun 29, 2021 11:27 PM
Aug 2018
Not sure if I can call these flaws "minor" lol. The show started as an AOTY contender, but fell HARD halfway, through.
Jun 30, 2021 1:04 AM
Feb 2019
I prefer this ending over the special one. It did left me a little confused and found the ending anti-climactic but I still liked it. Though rating it 9/10 was a little too much so a 8/10 is the perfect score for me. The special was a disaster and I wanna forget it.
Jun 30, 2021 1:29 AM
Mar 2020
No,ur not alone...even though I don't get what happens due to my smol brain ...and tbh the show has not laid out the concept clearly and easily for the audience....like I just watched the special episode and heck instead of a conclusion, I have so many more questions and confusion , I didn't get the episode at alland had to read comments for clarity, even so I like this series and ngl WEG first through mid way even three quarters it was smooth ride ...
Jun 30, 2021 1:32 AM

Apr 2020
Loved the show, hard for me to pick at the 'minor flaws' for how much I myself enjoyed it.
Jul 5, 2021 7:34 AM
May 2016
It was a great show, I'll admit I was thrown off by the ending but, rewatching the whole thing makes me realize it was my fault for not understanding it.
Jul 8, 2021 9:10 AM
May 2013
Yea, despite being disappointed by its conclusion (I haven't been this disappointed in any piece of fiction in a long time) I still think its pretty good as a whole.
The first 7 episodes were some of my favourite episodes of anime in recent years, but the episodes after that introduced too many plot threads without resolving already established ones.
Jul 9, 2021 12:16 PM
Feb 2020
Love maybe a stretch but I sure liked this show. Abruptly fast paced climax to an otherwise relaxed paced show makes things bad. This is something that I don't consider as a minor flaw at all.

What's worse was the fact that inspite of such abruptly fast pacing of last two episodes, they couldn't finish the show to its true ending. They had to make a special for the same. It would be better had they kept the same pace & made the show 3-4 episodes longer (its already 2 episodes equivalent long already).
Jul 10, 2021 3:51 AM

May 2020
I like very much this show despite its MAJOR flaws. I like it for what it started and tried to be, not for what it eventually appeared.
Jul 10, 2021 5:50 AM
Apr 2021
it seems that after the awful special people are going back and retroactively hating on the main series.

The show is objectively good. It has superb animation, excellent direction, and unconventional storytelling. The characters are well done, however once each one was introduced they began to develop rather slowly, which is fine. It's clear that none of the characters have completed their arcs.
The story feels like it's in a similar position to what Evangelion was in before they released the end of Eva movie.
Jul 10, 2021 5:56 AM

Aug 2018
There are 25939 10/10 ratings, so I don't think you are the only one who loves it
_______I like rocks__
Aug 12, 2021 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
Nah, I really liked it a lot too, although I think that the symbolism it's overdone, but the themes and characters mean a lot to me personally and I was intrigued by the art, themes and everything.

The only thing I really hate is how not only Wonder Egg Priority, but a lot of shows with an all girl-cast that rely on heavy topics and that want to be feminist an all, are just well, sexist towards men.

It's a noticable pattern, when every man in a series is a disgusting pig and I'm growing sick of it and it's a cheap way for a show to pretend they are feminist or something.

You can show violence from men towards women and structural sexism and whatnot without making almost every single man on this planet looking like an asshole.

Worst of those series might be Yuri Kuma Arashi, but others like Utena or also Wonder Egg Priority come close.
Aug 16, 2021 6:55 AM

May 2009
Episode 13 is BIG flaw.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

419 by redpanda_42 »»
Sep 8, 10:30 PM

» What is this anime all about?

Shy - Aug 1

19 by Jxyf0ry0u »»
Aug 14, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

171 by Orogoth »»
Jul 23, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 23, 2021

196 by nicky_toutou »»
Jul 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

213 by TheEclecticNomad »»
Jul 3, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.